Chapter 1

Middle of the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is this the best you can do? Your school told me that you had the highest scores but what are these, you made so many mistakes!” Her dad said while looking at her test papers that had 2-3 wrong answers.

“I expected you to have perfect scores on all your subjects, your sister would’ve done so well.” he sighed and motioned her to leave his office. 

As she thought the nagging would finally be over her mother dragged her to the living room once she got out.

“You instructor called saying you didn’t go, you know-”

“Mom I was tired I-”

“Do not interrupt me when I’m talking, now listen we want you to learn everything that would be good for your future, and this is one of them. Balancing your piano lessons and ballet lessons with your studies isn’t hard, just look at your sister, we’re not expecting so much for you so the least you could do is do your best.”

“But mom-”

“No buts, no go back to your room and study, don’t skip your lessons tomorrow or I’ll tell your Dad.”

“Yes mom. Good night.”

She went up to her room, she wanted to cry but she’s getting tired of crying all the time so she just laid there looking at her ceiling staring at it blankly, after sometime she got bored of staring, it was already past midnight and she still couldn’t sleep so she decided to drive to a bar to forget everything and just drink.

*************************

A girl was running to get to her work on time but her last job held her up thus resulting in her to be late, when she had arrived and a certain bartender looked at her and shook his head, she got closer to talk to him.

“The boss cut you off, sorry.”

“But- but I’m good at bartending plus I bring a lot of customers, right?”

“You do, but you’re also always late for your shift and the boss doesn’t like that.”

“But-”

“Sorry dude, can’t do anything about it.”

“Nah, I- I mean it’s also my fault.” the girl sighed, her night job schedule was now empty.

“Look, if I hear other bars looking for a bartender I’ll call you, ok?”

“Yeah, thanks man.”

“The boss’s upstairs, you can get your final check.”

“Thanks!” she went up and got her final paycheck, she also apologized for all her tardiness and the boss wished her good luck.

“Now what.” The girl sighed as she thought of what to do now.

As she left the bar she saw a girl sitting on the sidewalk in front of the establishment, the girl was drunk out of her mind so she approached her trying to help her.

“Hey, miss, are you ok? Can you get up? It’s not safe here.”

“What? Are you talking to me?”

“Yeah, here let me help you.”

“Don’t touch me, you're just gonna tell me about me.”

“No, no, I just want to help, here put your hand on my shoulder, let’s go back in and drink some water, yeah?”

“Hmmm, fine. I still don't trust you.”

They went inside and she helped the girl drink her water, she was trying not to get the stranger spill the water as she drank. They stayed there until the stranger was sober enough, the girl didn’t have any work now so she just thought she’d keep the drunk girl company and to get her home safe.

“Hey, are you sober now?”

“Huh? Oh, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter