chapter one: Don't be suspicious

Kim's The Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Alright, listen up, we need to step up our game. I heard the rival team just got a new defender who's really good and has been trained by professionals."  Dahyun said. As  team captain she did a lot of research on the other teams to assure that the championship was theirs.

 

"Uh…Why is the lacrosse team on the field?" Chaeyoung said pointing to a bunch of guys running around with sticks in their hand.

 

"Hey, wait up!" Jeongyeon said. Dahyun stopped to let Jeongyeon catch up to them. "Look at this." Jeongyeon waved a clipboard right in front of Dahyun's face. "It said that the girls soccer team got cut because not enough girls signed up."

 

"What? They can't do that. That's not fair.. College scouts won't see me play and I need a scholarship." Chaeyoung said stomping her foot on the ground, Dahyun swore that she felt the earth move.

 

"I got an idea. Follow me." Dahyun said marching up to the boys' soccer team coach.

 

They quickly made their way to the man standing at the other side of the field. 

 

"I heard about the bad news" Coach Park said as soon as he had them infront,  keeping an eye on the team practicing out on the field.

 

"Yeah that's why we're here. We want to try out for the boys' soccer team." Dahyun said with a serious face.

 

Coach Park looked at Dahyun and laughed. "I'm sorry but there's no place for you in the team."

 

"All we're asking is for one-shot, you know were good enough. We can help you win."

 

"I'm sorry girls but do you seriously think that you're better than any of the guys in my team, I highly doubt that."

 

The rest of the boys' soccer team walks up to them, wondering what the commotion is all about.

 

"Yes I do! Bang Chan will vouch for us, we use to play with his team back then and we would always destroy them. Right Chan?"

 

Chan looks at Dahyun with a blank expression. "I don't ever recall you beating us on any soccer game."

 

"What? We just played you a week ago and we beat you 5 to 3!" Dahyun said raising her voice.

 

"I don't recall that ever occurring."

 

"Plus Yeri is on the soccer team which means you're actually dissing your own sister."

 

"I believe my sister has switch to a more appropriate sport for girls." Chan said looking to his right. Dahyun followed his gaze and saw Yeri on top of a pyramid holding a pom pom with a dull expression on her face. Chaeyoung  gagged at the sight.

 

"Besides it's scientifically proven that boys are faster and stronger than girls." Coach Park said with the rest of the boys agreeing with him. "So run along now girls, we have to practice for our opening game with our rival Illyria."

 

Dahyun knew she couldn't win this battle so she and the rest of the girls walked away feeling defeated.

 

-

 

"I'm home." Dahyun walked through her house and went straight into the kitchen. She wanted to binge on ice cream to make her feel better after the whole girls' team being cut.

 

"Oh hey honey, how was school?" Mrs. Kim asked giving her daughter a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

 

"They cut the girls team, mom." Dahyun said taking a full spoon of  ice cream.

 

"What? They can't do that."

 

"Well they did, and they wouldn't even let us tryout for the boy's team. Coach Park said that girls are not as athletic as guys." Dahyun rolls her eyes remembering how coach Park laughed at the idea of girls trying out for the boys' team.

 

"What that is not true. Back when I was your age I used to beat your dad at hockey. That's how we got together, he wanted to beat me so bad that we would play every day after school. But don't tell him that." Mrs Kim  said giving Dahyun a wink.

 

"So what do I do?" Dahyun was halfway through the pint of ice cream.

 

"First thing you should do is to stop eating or else you won't be able to fit in the new dress I bought you."

 

"Ommaaa! I don't' want to wear a dress. I'm not in to those kind of stuff." Dahyun whined eating another spoonful of ice cream.

 

"You know with how your acting right now it kinda looks like you're a little boy."

 

Dahyun stares daggers at her mom as she walks out of the kitchen still holding the pint of ice cream.

 

"Thanks for your help, mom" Dahyun sarcastically said .

 

Dahyun walks into her room and placed the ice cream on her desk.

 

If I were boy.

 

Dahyun looks at herself in the mirror.

 

 Well I definitely have the body

 

Dahyun flexes her muscles, if I just cut my hair short and style it like a guy I would definitely pass as a guy, a very cute guy.

 

Dahyun smirks to herself and flexes more of her muscles. Lightbulb!

 

-

 

"Ok Dahyun what's the emergency because I just had to cancel my date." Chaeyoung said crossing her arms and tapping her foot uncontrollably, she was followed by Lisa.

 

"I figured out how we can show  that girls can be as athletic as boys."

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung looked at each other questioningly "Uh…how?"

 

"I join the boys' teams at Illyria and defeat our school's team. And then I marched up to coach Park and say HA!" Dahyun said as she marched up to Chaeyoung and pokes Chaeyoung's chest with her finger. Chaeyoung quirks an eyebrow at Dahyun and swats her finger away.

 

"Earth to Dahyun,  aren't you forgetting something you're a girl who wants to join a BOYS team. I think you'll run to the same problem that we had when we tried to try out for the boys team." Lisa said.

 

"That's why I called you all here to help me transform into a guy." Dahyun said with the widest smile ever showing her pearly white teeth.

 

After a minute of thinking both Chaeyoung and Lisa began to like the idea.

 

"You know that's actually not a bad idea.." Lisa said eyeing Dahyun. "You do have the body for it," Lisa gestured at Dahyun's physique. "And if you talk a little bit deeper and put on a wig you can pass as a guy. Also Dahyun does sounds like a guy's name."

 

"Yeah and Mina  can a hack into the system and put you in as a student there" Chaeyoung added.

 

"Alright everybody hands in. Operation turn Dahyun into a guy starts now!"

 

-

 

Lisa had brought Dahyun into Mino's hair salon to give Dahyun a haircut while Chaeyoung helped Mina  hack into the system. Mino cut Dahyun's hair short and showed her how to style her hair.

 

"Ok just use this hair styling gel, put it on your hair like this. Make sure to only use a little and then blow dry while combing through it with you finger. Then just use this finishing paste and done."

 

Dahyun looks herself in the mirror and she can't believe it she actually looks like a guy. 

 

After three days of learning and observing guys, Dahyun was ready.

 

"Ok if you guys run into any trouble just text Mina  or just go to the computer science office and she'll be there to help you guys out ok." Chaeyoung said fixing Dahyun's collar and tie. Lisa has also decided to go undercover as a nerd but as girl, just in case Dahyun needs backup.

 

"Oooh I'm so excited." Dahyun said giggling and hugging both Lisa and Chaeyoung. Then she realizes that she's a guy now and pushes Chaeyoung and Lisa off her and dust off her shoulders.

 

"Ok show me the walk and the talk." Chaeyoung said.

 

Dahyun walks with a slight lean on one shoulder while her right hand holds her belt. Then Dahyun walks back to Chaeyoung and says "what up" in a deep voice that's a little raspy. Chaeyoung smiles and Lisa gives Dahyun a two thumbs up.

 

"Ok go get 'em." Chaeyoung pushes both Lisa and Dahyun into the crowd of students walking by.

 

Dahyun and Lisa walked through a sea of students trying to get to their respective dorms. On the way there Dahyun noticed a few people staring at them.

 

"People are staring at us, I think they know I'm a girl.." Dahyun said whispering to Lisa while shaking Lisa's righ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter