I Love You?

Married in a Mission

 

 

They are members of WDDO or World’s Deadliest Detective Organization, together with Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Ryeowook, Siwon, and Shindong; and their mission is to arrest a couple who traffics children under the age of nine.

“Please tell Sungmin that I’m summoning him.” Leeteuk told Siwon.

“Algessumnida, Leader-nim.” He took a 90 degree bow and made an exit when Hyoyeon came in as well.

“Please tell Sunny that I need her in my office now.”

“Neh, Leader-nim.”

Sungmin got there first and there was an air of silence with him and the leader. When Sungmin tried to start a conversation, the metal door opened and revealed a petite young woman with an innocent feel until she spotted Sungmin. “Leader-nim, what’s the meaning of this?” She scolded him.

“Ahhh…” he sighed in joy. “Now that both of you are here, let’s get down to business, shall we?” He executes a fine man character with a calm tone of voice even though he’s on the verge of cracking up, it’s his edge. The two members exchanged glares but had a hint of confusion. “I’m sending – sit down Sunny – I’m sending you two on a mission.”

“Only us?” They said simultaneously, surprised. Leeteuk nodded.

“There are two persons, couple, that needs to be punished and put to arrest. Last year, they have started to do child trafficking to childless couples, or even to the people who just need slaves. They are known as Top and Bom.” His finishes off his information with his hands crossed to his chest.

“Well, what do you want us to do?” Sunny asked monotonously, hinting her boredom with the case.

“We are talking about children here, Soon Kyu-ah!”

“SUNNY!” She slapped the table.

“Have a heart, will you?!”

“And since when did you have one Lee Sungmin?!” She roared and stood up, about to give him a blow. “Because the moment—“

“You two will pretend to be husband and wife that badly need a child, as simple as that. Plan now about your approach. Discussion finalized.” Leeteuk interrupted and left before they could oppose.

“Ugh. He could’ve asked Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk to do this job.” Sunny complained. “I don’t want to be your wife, even if it’s fake.”

“Who said I want you to be my wife?” Sunny rolled her eyes and left the room first. Their plan is to be on Jeju Island two days before Top and Bom arrive to establish character. On the day Top and Bom arrives, they still have a few hours to wait for the child’s arrival before Leeteuk backs up for them to arrest the couple.

They arrived at their destination at sharp 2 o’clock in the afternoon. Sunny executed her supposed character well by crawling back to the old Lee Soon Kyu. It was very hard for Sungmin’s part to portray that sweet image of a husband to Soon Kyu who’ll give everything for her. ( Or maybe he’s too afraid that he’ll show so much.)

She growled at the sight of the wide single bed as she unpacked her luggage. They still have two more days before meeting the couple. Worst two days of my life was clearly written on Sunny’s face. She took out her phone and called Hyoyeon. “Ugh, it just how he wanted to be here two days before meeting the criminals!”

The first day was full of silence, though Soonkyu tried to be sweet with him even though disgust filled her head. He should at least try, she thinks. It wasn’t until night approached and was getting deeper but the festivity on the beach was getting brighter. Sungmin’s actually fond of magic tricks and various rides. He sometimes nudges her and says “Oh! Did you see that?!”, with a glint of happiness in his face. He silently enjoys watching Soonkyu be amazed at the fire-breathing man while she was holding a plushie he won for her on her right arm, while her left was clinging to his right. On their roller coaster ride, Sungmin’s arm must have lost some juice from Soonkyu’s grip and his ears might have bled as well. And come to think of what happened in the horror tunnel. The whole time, Soonkyu’s arms were tight on his waist while she hides at his back (which Sungmin finds comforting – he kept on smiling). When they went out, her blood drained and she was shaking. He laughed at her but nicely. He suddenly grabs her hand and drags her to the merry go round. He assists her as she rides the horse, while he stays right by her side as the ride starts. Sungmin thinks that what if Sunny just became Lee Soon Kyu, and not WDDO’s Sunny? And what could have been for both of them. Maybe they’ll just continue to know each other only by face, or maybe…just maybe, everything might just be like this? This moment here, right now – but simply as Soonkyu and Sungmin.

His mind was fluttering away while he lets Soonkyu drag him away. It takes him back to when they were high schoolers; before the organization changed her – no, before he changed her to a heart as cold as ice, hard as metal, emotions overflowing with anger with every word that she speaks. Compared to when she was the friendliest girl you could remember heart too big to contain, and voice as soft as an angel. His face scrunched up with that thought. She was once so emotional about things. She had lots of friends around her, too, friends that had bright auras as well. Now her friends are the ones like Hyoyeon, solid piece of human (?) They weren’t close but he did notice her. Only then when she overheard Sungmin talking about his next mission with Leeteuk on the phone, it changed everything. Sungmin had caught her in the corner of their school. He could vividly remember how their first actual interaction on high school was him having his hands around her neck with force. But he couldn’t blame himself, he was trained to kill someone who has knowledge of their organization.

“N-no please…” Soonkyu begged as she clutched his hands on her neck. “I-I promise I-I w-won’t tell a-anybody! I s-swear!” Her words barely make it without oxygen supplying them. Just in time, Leeteuk was already yelling on the phone to bring Soonkyu to their hideout alive.

If he was able to cut her supply of oxygen right at that moment, he would have probably rued it until forever.

“Seobang, I’m so tired.” She yawned as pulled Sungmin back to their quarters. Just as Sungmin thought Soonkyu was back to her old self again, that she would give in to him, he was wrong. She dropped his grip on her hand forcefully and stared at him intensely. “We sleep on the other ends, arasseo?” She demanded leaving Sungmin…depressed in his own thoughts. Maybe…just maybe…Leeteuk gave this mission to us for more time to think, Sungmin thinks.

Second day came and Soonkyu tried to start up some conversation with her husband who seems to only smile. She invites him for a stroll in the beach during sunset. It’s his turn to take some action; his hand finds hers as he guided her steps on the shore. “Soonkyu-ah…”

“Hmm?” Says her, not looking at him but a trail of smile was visible on her face.

“W-what if…uh…do you remember…uhm…” Sungmin doesn’t know where to start, but Soonkyu helps him off.

“I remember back in kindergarten, when I first saw Lee Sungmin fearlessly stands before the class and introduces himself. You were still holding your father’s hand but your confidence was high. I didn’t know you were a trainee already that time.”

Sungmin fell silent on how Sunny remembers everything so vividly. He just hopes she doesn’t remember much fights but that would be way too impossible. It’s like their day wouldn’t be complete if they didn’t have a fight. Sunny laughs at the thought but Sungmin barely does.

“You were drawing guns and knives, and even bloody things that crept out our teacher,” she laughs and so does he.

They arrived in their quarters when Sunny asked, “What’s bothering you?” just like how a wife should be.

“W-what if…”

“What if what?” She tries to hold the back of his palms expecting him to brush it off, but he didn’t. He heaved a deep breath, gaining up courage to bring those words out of his mouth.

Nothing came but a long unexpected kiss from Sungmin.

Bulging eyes, tight grip on her wrists, and the swirling of his tongue against her.

 

The next morning, Sunny found herself under the warmth of embrace of Sungmin. She was still recalling everything that had happened last night when there was a knock on the door. She sleepily walked on her way while rubbing her eyes, and when she opened the door there stood them – a woman whose smile is ever so beaming and wide with a man in with hair died in gray, no expression at all. She was welcomed by hug from the unknown woman who red long hair deflects the sunlight. “Rise and sunshine! I’m Bom! You must be Soonkyu?”

Oh Godwas all that Sunny could think of. “Yes I am!” She equals with her bright aura. “Did you bring the child?” she asks excitingly.

“Didn’t we told you that she’ll be here in a few hours?” still saying in the same bright personality, but she notices the way Soonkyu tries to shush her up.

“Shhh, my hubby’s still sleeping,” she says cutely.

“Oh.”

The moment Sungmin woke up, they started discussing about payment issues which costs too much more than orphanages. Afternoon came and they heard a car outside. A tall muscular man comes out carrying a cute baby girl with rosy pink cheeks, and she yawns showing her teeth less gums. “Awwww!” Soonkyu squeals at the sight of the baby and runs to the man wanting to carry her. “Can I?” She asks Bom and she nods happily.

When Soonkyu carried the baby in her hands, Leeteuk comes out of nowhere and knocks out the man in front of her, and Sungmin kicked Top’s head that had him face flat on the floor. Bom shrieks and she hesitantly points a gun to anyone, shivering. Soonkyu runs away with the baby under her care. People around her were running around with the commotion going on. Sungmin steps on Top’s head and punches Bom’s back. Her grip on the gun loses and she drops it on Leeteuk’s hand. “Top and Bom, you are under arrest.”

 

They immediately got out of the place and left the baby in a nearby orphanage which Sunny didn’t want to let go, but what choice does she have? They leave for their hideout with Sunny in Sungmin’s car. There was another awkward silence inside it. She tries to hold his hand but he jerks away.

“You really fell for that kiss?” He smirks. Sunny was taken aback. S-so it’s an act?

She falls silent and looks away.

Sungmin looks straight ahead on the road, biting his lips – guiltily.

 



 

I am SOOOO SORRY! Projects piled up, but the wait is over! Hope you liked it :] Please read Trust and Betrayal if you wanna know what happens to SunSun next :]