prologue.

fatal fantasy

  The first time Taehyun ever laid eyes on her, was when a young girl in a floral blue dress came in with worried brown eyes. She told the story of how she got there to look for her cousin who she kept in touch with after the other ran away. But to her surprise, every single information her cousin had given her was fake – from her apartment address to her work place. All she had was a phone number and a picture that her cousin sent a month ago.

  Taehyun studied the photo carefully. She was wearing a dark coloured dress, standing in the middle of a street shop somewhere. The girl mentioned how Minji never dressed like that back home. She’s worried that her cousin could have been seduced in joining some sort of cult. She’s never show interest before, but Minji was young when she left, she could have been persuaded.

  She told him that Minji needed to come home, her parents were worried sick. Taehyun had to tell her, that even if he did find Minji, he can’t force her to go back. Especially now that she’s off age. Legally, no one can make her go home.

  The girl pursed her lips, but nodded. But Taehyun couldn’t help the niggling suspicions that she had something up her sleeves.

  Once she left, Taehyun took a closer look at the photo. The street seemed to be somewhere in Myeondong, judging by the stores. The coat she wore seemed expensive, maybe branded. Which meant she had come into some money since she left.

  He didn’t want to mention anything to the cousin, but Minji had a pretty face. And pretty faces usually ends up in the performing industry. Try as he might, he couldn’t find any proof that she was training to be an idol in any company, and there was no evidence she had debuted. He contacted his friends in the entertainment business and no one recognized her.

  With a pretty face like that, he could only think of a handful places she’d be then.