Prologue

This Kind of Love

You were best friend since forever, he’s your childhood friend. And you did everything with him.

You always had sleepover at his house cus you like it better at his home. He’s the only child and always been left alone at home.

Sometimes you would slept in the same bed with him. When its raining with storms and thunders. You would always asked him to let you sleep in his bed.

It was ocassionally till it went regularly.

But both of you were just a lonely child in this lonely world. He's parents always been busy with work and you being a good friend thought its a good idea to keep him company.

You'd share almost everything with him. even drinking straws. Might’ve save the turtle right?

Your relationship had always been platonic. You're just friends. A very good and close friends.

 

Since high school, you started living with him.

why? well your parents said rather than you kept coming back and forward between two houses its better you just stay with him.

Well it doesn't sounds like a bad idea to you. so yeah. You moved into his house at 16.

 

Sometimes, he’d taken care of your laundry too. Nahh, Jaehyun won't mind touching and holding your bra and .

It sounds like a married couple life right?

People always said that you guys should’ve just got married. But both of you knows you guys still have your boundaries.

...............

It was junior year at high school. Jaehyun was sooooooo nervous to confess to the girl who he have crush on. So before he kissed the girl. He tried it with you first. So, You’re the one who’ve stolen his first kiss.

Apparently, Jaehyun was still nervous to ask the girl out but he was lucky the girl had feelings for him too. So she asked him out first and started dating. Easy huh being a Jung Jaehyun. Girls practically threw themselves at him.

 

Sadly, you never date anyone because you’ve always said no one catches your attention. Jaehyun even thought you’re gay. So he would’ve set you up on a blind date with other girls. Somehow, youre questioning your uality too.

Am i a gay tho? Or a bi? 

because you still drools whenever you read webtoon and watches anime with hot male lead.

...................

 

You’ve always been curious about . And since you’ve never date anyone. And Jaehyun is literally a Casanova and had on a daily bassist he willingly to show you what is and how to do it.

So yeah, you’d have with him anytime you felt like it and it wasn’t because of love. Are they?

You know all his exes and current girlfriend because he’s always bring them home.

You never get why he always break up with them and always got a new one right after that

 

..............................

 

There’s a lot of things he would do for you. Every time you passed out drunk he’d carried you to home because he wouldn’t entrust you with taxi driver since you almost got once when u ride a taxi heading home from the bar.

You could cook and clean and do chores but you wouldn’t because of your lazy . So at home he’s the only one who do everything.

One day, he asked you what type of guy you wanted to get married with. You were so excited talking about it because you’ve been fantasizing having a very good husband which will love you unconditionally. Since you’ve never date anyone everything you’ve been imagining are rainbows and unicorns.

“ I want a guy who’s a good cook like you, you know ive always been picky for my food right? So I would never eat take away since its not healthy and clean whatsoever. So I want he to cook for me always. Like you Jae, he needs to take a good care of me like you take care of me all this time”

Without you realizing every answer you’ve said had been related to him.

You just realized all this time you’ve been with each other and been supporting each other.

You’ve seen each other’s lows.

You have him and he has you all this time.

You were by his side every time he broke up with his girlfriends. Most of them always said Jaehyun is just a face. He had no common sense. He’d always prioritise you first in all aspect.

Even if he’s dating, both of you still live together.

When he went for a date he always bought you something as a present.

He always bought some food for you because he felt bad when he can’t cook for you when he went for a date.

Actually, most of his relationship ends because of you. But he never told you. He consider any girl who can't accept you means she can't accept him too.

 

 

----

 

 

But one day, Haneul, Jaehyun’s first love came into their life. Remember the girl Jaehyun had a crush on during first year? Not her. This is another girl.

Haneul two years younger than them and apparently enrolled into the same college with Jaehyun and Eunhee.

 

 

“Hey, Haneul?” Eunhee recognise the girl from the first day and greeted her first.

“Eun sunbae? you study here?” she was shocked to see Eunhee here because she hadn't met anyone from her highschool here so far.

“yeah, you're taking engineering?” you asked pointing to the file she had in hand. Engineering faculty had black files. They color code each faculty with different file color. Since Eunhee saw earlier this day jaehyun holding the same file she just assume Haneul from Engineering Faculty.

“yeah. You too?” she asked excitedly, Eun had been nice to her ever since high school days having Eun for her senior again after this year would be great.

“nahh, I'm taking business. But Jaehyun is. You remember him right? He used to be the student body president at our high school.”

Who wouldn’t remember Jaehyun? He’s everyone first love. Any girl dying for him to catch a glimpse at them but he wouldn’t bat an eye as he only had eyes for Eunhee but that girl was busy acting too oblivious to the fact that her bestfriend had a crush on her.

It was only a crush right?

“Jaehyun sunbae is here too?” Haneul too had always had feelings for him but she never got the nerve to tell her feelings and shoot her shot. Suddenly she became nervous at the mere thought that she might gonna see her longlost high school crush.

“yeah, he’s probably at the engineering booth right now. Lets go meet him” Eunhee practically drag Haneul to the booth with an evil plan.

You're sooooo gonna get shook Jae

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jaehyun was busy organising the booth and helping the freshman to get into their dormitories and preparing for orientation for the Engineering students until Eunhee suddenly came from behind with Haneul.

“Jae!!”

Jaehyun almost dropped everything he was holding when Eunhee come and startle him.

He turned his head to look at Eunhee with an annoyed face. He's used to her silly and childish behaviour.

But the moment he saw the girl beside her, he’s eyes almost popped out of the socket. He saw the face that had been too familiar to him. The face he used to search for when he walked to the cafeteria during lunch time.

 

Eunhee saw his expression and took her cue.

 

“hey, Jae you remember Haneul? She’s from our school. She's from your program too Jae”

“Hi, Jae sunbae” haneul greeted Jaehyun shyly. Haneul always been the high school sweetheart, her cute and innocent looks surely made any boys fall for her.

“oh, hi.” Jaehyun seems still to be in a dumbstruck.

 

Eun rolls her eyes looking at Jaehyun’s reaction. It’s not her first time to see him behavin this way around Haneul. He always been nervous around her that’s why he never had the guts to ask her out during their high school days.

 

“you know what I gotta go. Jae you should took a reallllly good care of her now since shes your hoobae” Eun winked at Jaehyun at the end of her sentence.

 

 

Jaehyun and Haneul became closer since then. Anyone from the faculty would know the power couple eventhough they never made it official, anyone who see it would know that they're a thing.

But one thing that made the relationship look weird is. Eunhee would hang out with them from time to time.

Third-wheeling? Sort of but it wasn’t Eunhee who wanted to join them. It was Haneul who always wanted Eunhee to join whenever they went out for a date.

“Eun, do you think she loves me?” Asked Jaehyun one night when he and Eunhee were lying on their bed. Yup their bed. It was Jaehyun’s at the beginning but since Eunhee always come to sleep with him every night, they eventually end up sleeping together.

So they’ve been sleeping together like married couple for roughly 6 years.

Eunhee was reading webtoon in her phone when Jae asked her the question.

“obviously, duhh. Why're you asking such an obvious question? I can clearly see her eyes screaming ‘ILOVEYOUUU’ everytime she looks at you dude.”

“really, you’re not lying right?” Jaehyun lift his head to look at Eun who's eyes still glued to the screen, reading the latest chapter of Lookism, oh Park HyungSeok.

 

“yeah, you should also see her when she looks at you even if you’re doing nothing. It looks like as if she was looking at the world when she stares at you.” Eun rolled her eyes looking at Jaehyun who's waiting for her answer expectantly and wishing for the honest and best answer from her as always.

 

“Woah Eun I never knew that. Are you serious?”

 

“have I ever lied to you Jae? More like never. Okay”

Jaehyun scoff at the statement. “pfft. Don’t act all angel Eun. We’ve been together since forever and you’ve lied soooo many time how come you act all innocent”

“hahah, okay fine. This time I'm being serious Jae. Just ask her to be your gf. You like her right?”

Yeah. Jaehyun likes her. He never said he loves her.

 

.................

 

The very next day, when they hangout this time without Eunhee.

Jaehyun asked Haneul to date him. She said yes. Right away. Ouuu, excited.

 

Eunhee was happy, she thought finally she won't get in the way of Jaehyun’s relationship.

She thought Haneul could accept the fact that Jaehyun has a girl best friend and wont get jealous of her.

Jaehyun too is happy with Haneul. They get more serious into the relationship as months passed. Jaehyun thought Haneul is the one for him since he never saw Haneul get jealous of Eunhee and questioning Eunhee staying with him and still being the closest friend she is. He is happy too when he saw Eunhee happily rooting for his relationship with Haneul would last.

 

 

………………

 

 

 

One night, Eun was walking home from a convinient store. She just wanna buy some ramyeon and snacks but much to her dismay he saw a group of girl. Not a familiar face but one particular voice catches her attention.

 

“I don’t think I would win the bet. Like yes Jaehyun fall for me but its kinda impossible for him to left that ya know.”

 

“nahhh, I don’t think so. He’s head over heels for you gurll. Of course he would do as you say if you want him to left that girl. Btw what was her name again? June?”

 

“Eun. Ughhh even saying her name makes me wanna puke. I really couldn’t stand her being around Jae 24/7. Like . Get a home pls.”

 

“she mightve be a homeless if you told Jae to leave her. Hahahahah”

 

“Not might have. It must have. I wonder does she even have money tho? Jae practically prepared everything for her and her role in that house was just being alive like da? Get a life . But its not easy tho”

 

They all burst into laughter.

 

“just told him to left Eun. After he do as you say. You left him too. Then we’ll win. Easy gurllll”

 

They continue their chit chats they walk. It all became incoherent for Eun now as shes struggling to hold her tears.

 

She’s not crying because she’s being humiliated and talking at. She’s just cant accept the fact that Jaehyun had fallen for a trap. Haneul wasn’t a nice girl as they thought. That just wanted to separate them just because a silly bet.

 

Eunhee never expect that Haneul was that kind of girl. How dare whe mess around with boys feeling and treat them as if they were toys.

 

To top of it all, it’s Jaehyun, what did he even did wrong?

 

“I need to tell him”