One

SOMEDAY

When they woke up the next morning, not one of the girls could still believe what was happening. The first thought that flashed through the sleepy brain became the one they voiced yesterday when they called and said:

- You are part of the Produce 48 show .

One hundred girls, specially selected for the show, left different cities to get to the appointed place.

Excited, expecting a future debut as a singer, they all took a step towards their long-awaited dream.

They tightly clasped each other's hands, trying to calm their nervousness, get together and speak before the judges.

Each of them was confident in their talent, voice, and dance.

Each of them was sure that she would be in the top ten, but after watching their performance, the judges gave different points, very rarely praised.

Resentment, misunderstanding, desires will return home.

Here the strongest survived, that’s what they understood after completing one mission after another.

They recognized themselves from a new point, learned to work in a team, to restrain their pride.

36 girls reached the finish line.

They gathered again in that assembly hall, where they were giving out assignments to them, and they began to wait.

The large screen suddenly caught fire and the face of the show host Lee Sungi appeared. The girls greeted him with a bow, applause and screams. His introductory part did not last long; he immediately proceeded to the last task.

- This time, national producers chose you in a group of 9 people. New songs, new difficulties. They are waiting for you to live up to their hopes. What kind of song, what kind of dance it will be, you will learn all this when you find yourself in a room, which I will call later. Remember, I believe in you, you have achieved a lot by being here, and I know what you will do as best as possible.

“Thank you, mentor,” they shouted at the girl’s chorus, carefully listening to these names.

***

Black trousers, a black T-shirt with a white inscription in English, a black cap, covers the crown of a bright head. Strands of blond hair, tucked into small ears, hung on either side, falling on narrow shoulders. Gray eyes peered out from under the horn glasses.

This is the first time Joe YuRi, the lead singer and songwriter of the Someday song, saw the band's member select this song for the finale of Produce 48.

- I can’t believe that I will sing the song of Jo YuRi herself! - Hall delightedly washing her hands, whispered Choi YeNa to her friend Kim ChaeWon quietly.

- That's for sure, - the red-haired girl agreed. - She's younger than you and me, and she’s already considered famous. Her songs are scattered around the world and are on the first lines.

“We had such an honor, not only seeing it firsthand, but also fulfilling it,” Yabuki Nako said in a half-whisper, speaking two languages ​​simultaneously. “I'm so nervous, so nervous.” In Japan, she is very popular, every artist wants to work with her.

-Don't worry, you and me, - Kwon EunBi gave her a hopeful hug, looking excitedly at the composer that she looked at them because of her glasses.

For a moment, EunBi returned again at the moment when they called her name, gave the room number, and when she went inside she found ChaeWon sitting in the middle of the room. They hugged tightly, rejoicing that they were not separated. After joined YeNa, Sakura and Nako.

- What do you think, what kind of song awaits us? - I asked the others, but did not have time to hear the answer, she was interrupted by a voice from the speaker:

- Your room has gathered the right number of people, now turn on the laptop, from there it will find out further instructions.

- But there are only 5 of us! - counting the number of people in the room, said YeNa. - I thought that the team will be 9 people. Sakura- unnie , you're closer to the laptop, turn it on, please.

“Hello, my name is Jo YuRi,” the Busan dialect from the video sounded, “I don’t know if you know me, but before I collaborated with such groups as (I began to list several of them, the girls only gasped and groaned). I wrote one song, which is very dear to me - I barely finished talking when a video appeared with the dancers and an easy melody sounded, a violin combined with a guitar and keys. And after the introductory part, a deep, soulful voice sounded, affecting all corners of the heart. There was everything in this song, from a gentle whisper to a scream that was sensitive with a touch of despair.

Everyone was very impressed by the voice and the dance, so as not to lose the thread of their soul, they again twisted to the beginning and reproduced this composition.

“Ah, my soul, what a beautiful voice!”

- I like the lyrics so much!

- Music, god, really ... ah ...

- Who do you think sang? Maybe it was YuRi-san’s voice? Sakura asked in broken Korean.

- Whoever sings it, I am ready to listen all the time - putting on the beginning of the video and again turning on the recording, YeNa said admiringly.

Still, Sakura was right , the thought flashed by EunBi when they crossed the threshold of the recording studio and heard that voice and saw the artist.

The first impression is a modest girl, well-mannered, and not at all strict.

EunBi was used to trusting her first impression of someone, and she wasn’t mistaken when they started recording, and she first came in to write her line in the song that they chose together yesterday morning.

- Let's record how you rehearsed, then if necessary we will rewrite. Good? Who is starting? - after introducing herself to one another, YuRi suggested, tucking a strand of light that stood out behind her ear.

- I begin,- she raised her hand, said EunBi, getting up from the couch where they were all sitting, clutching a sheet with the lyrics in her hands, went into the cabin. Everything inside was trembling, fearing to make a mistake in the intonation of his voice, afraid to screw up from the beginning.

- Relax, EunBi - unnie, are you ready? - the question sounded in the earphone, she quickly nodded, smiling nervously, the music sounded ...

 

Someday…

You know that we will meet again, right?

And when our meeting happens, what will you tell me?

Will I hear your voice, or maybe without a conversation you just hug me

And I will plunge into your warmth ...

 

I still remember your smell

I still remember the sound of your voice

I still remember your smile

I still like you

nothing changed.

 

Someday…

You know that we will meet again, right?

I imagined our meeting, and you?

The feeling of falling in love never disappeared

Like a sakura petal in the wind

I felt spring in the air.

 

- Thank you all, you did a great job - applauding them, delivered your final verdict to Joe YuRi, smiling sweetly.

-But ...- the unspoken word EunBi prompted .

- But, I would like to correct the votes in your choice - the seriousness returned, YuRi carefully looked at the sheet with the text and their names. “I think it would be better if ChaeWon startsfirst. At the chorus, the gentle voices of Nako and Sakura are perfect. YeNa and EunBi you would separate the last parts. And try to look convincing, with feelings. Imagine talking about your love for a guy who doesn't hear you.

“At first we imagined it, but then we thought it would be better,” YeNa scratched her head , exchanging glances with the girls. - Thanks for the advice, I assure you that we will try to voice your embedded emotions.

- Yes, please, this song is precious to me, it means a lot to me - Yuuri's eyes were covered with a sad veil. - See you.

- Will we meet again? When? - escaped from YeNa when she closed the door behind her.

- I may come to see your final rehearsal, - the girl smiled, scratching her cheek in embarrassment, looking away to the side - if possible.

-Come, please - YeNa said excitedly, saying goodbye to the girl, after which she smiled happily all the way, dancing.

**

The rehearsal for the perfect performance with Someday was slow. No one said this out loud, but everyone knew very well that one Japanese participant was delaying the study of dance.Yabuki Nako. After they returned from the recording studio, Nako stubbornly stood her ground, she really wanted to perform that part, in the beginning, where the girl secretly confesses her feelings.

-Are you sure you want to do this? - Someday again asked EunBi , the selected team leader. - Maybe we will do as YuRi told us?

-I ask you girls, I understand that for my part it sounds selfish, but I want to perform this part, - Nako pleaded. - Just when I read this line, something pricked in my chest - she pointed to her heart. - So, as if these words were intended only for my voice. Please let me fulfill them - she folded her hands in front of her, begging to understand and give her a chance.

-Okay, let's vote, - breathed EunBi, exchanging glances with the rest of the girls. - Write the answer on a piece of paper or say out loud?

-I think I’ll say, like everyone else, let's give Nako a chance, - ChaeWon answered broadly smiling, making it clear to her that she does not hold a grudge for taking her party.

- Well! - clapped her hands YeNa. - Then let's learn the dance. We have the last rehearsal for teachers tomorrow night, we have to show the perfect performance!

**

YuRi thoughtfully listened to the voices to which she gave her song. Headphones were not removed even during a snack. Something was wrong with the way the voices sounded. As if there was no unity in them. How to fix it, that's what the girl was thinking about.

- It would be better if only two people performed this song. ChaeWon , she has an angelic voice and YeNa with her soft intonations. If to be honest with myself, then I would leave onlyChaeWon . Her voice is perfect for every word. After all, this song was written exclusively for her voice - YuRi muttered to her guitar, on which she was playing a melody. - God, in life she is even more beautiful than on the screen! - Heart habitually ached in the chest, barely remembered a small face with a beautiful smile on her lips. - I could not calm my reddened cheeks - I covered my own cheeks with my palms, YuRi, put the guitar aside, reached for the laptop standing on the table, turned it on.

The first thing I saw was a wallpaper featuring Kim ChaeWon from the first episode of the show. From that moment on, Yuuri fell in love with her, and decided to write the song in order to secretly admit her feelings through the text.

- And now, her voice will sing ... oh, god, god - jumped from excitement on the couch, closing completely with her hands. YuRi was unrealistically happy.

**

YeNa could not sit still, she turned like a spinning top, all the time, looking around, trying to catch the familiar little silhouette of a blonde. ChaeWon, sitting next to her, was also worried. She practically could not fall asleep the last hours before the check, because closing her eyes she had a dream, where YuRi pursed her lips in displeasure and told them:

“I did not expect this from you.”

When ChaeWon told Nako that she did not mind, she cheated. She also liked those words, she knew that her voice is better suited for their performance, but ... Nako was so sweet, she simply could not refuse the request. ChaeWon faithfully taught the allotted part of the song, rehearsed with the girls, smiled at them, saying that it sounds much better. But the truth was that she lied to them. But for the sake of the team, she hid a lie.

Therefore, now ChaeWon also glanced towards the front door, praying that YuRi would not come. Although, the other part, wanted to see her again.

**

The car slowed down near the gates of the building, where preliminary rehearsals of its participants in the show took place. But no one came out.

“Oh god, I'll see her again now! Come on, YuRi, be brave, be brave! Oh my god ...

Her heart was beating at double speed, it was difficult to cSomedayntrate, to pull herself together. Her reality is very close, the girl of her dreams, too, but she is such a coward that she cannot find the courage to be near her.

- This is just a meeting of two unfamiliar people. How are you going to be closer to her if you are afraid to get out of the car? Come on, YuRi, bolder! You can do it all! Go ahead and succeed!

Her inner soliloquy finally won, she took a deep breath and exhaled, bit her lower lip, boldly got out of the car. YuRi was about to meet her dream and hear the voice of an angel.

**

Thoughts of YeNa when the composer and songwriter entered the room and sat next to the vocal teacher at the judging table:

She has come! YuRi is here! She came! Oh, how beautiful she is in denim overalls! And today she is without glasses, so I can better see her beautiful eyes! Ah, my heart, do not rush, I ... Ah, our eyes met, and I saw her smile again! You have to give your best to see a smile more often! ”

Thoughts of ChaeWon at the sight of how warmly YuRi smiled at her:

I'm afraid I won't see her smile today again. My dream is becoming a reality. "

Nako's thoughts were exclusively in Japanese, but it can be assumed:

I trained, and I can do everything as needed! Fighting! "

The thoughts of EunBi when they called their team to show their achievements in three days:

" Well, it started!"

While Yuuri greeted the judiciary trainers in vocals, dance and turnips, there were only one thoughts:

I will now hear her angelic voice again. She will sing to me what keeps my heart! "

 

Someday…

we will meet in reality

and I'll tell you I'm in love

for now in my dreams I’ll talk to you

so I’ll set myself up ...

***

From the first minutes of the song, YeNa and ChaeWon , EunBi and Sakura saw how Joe YuRi's face frowns, becomes displeased. However, she was carried away by her voice, the way she conveys her feelings, so she did not notice how YuRi looked at her. The dance choreographer and song composer displayed their emotions with a frozen expression and pursed lips. Soyu's vocal coach, who was sitting next to YuRi, also did not look pleased, she often glanced towards the author of the song.

Nako smiled happily when the last chord of such a bewitching song sounded, she waited for applause and praise from her performance, but met only intense silence. The members of her group stood looking down, nervously tapping their fingers, looking excitedly at Jo YuRi. She was silent. Then, also silently, she got up, leaned over to Soya, whispered something, without looking back, left the classroom. Passing by them, she shook her head, said nothing, and left.

- Who is the leader in your team? - pursing her lips, Soyu's vocal coach asked.

- I - raised EunBi's hand, with a thrill in my heart, awaiting a verdict.

- Congratulations, now you have completely ruined your performance. A little later they will give you a new song with a new choreography - turning over her notes, she said. - You can return to their places.

- Why? - YeNa asked quietly, glancing sadly toward the door.

- Jo YuRi just picked up her song from participating in our program. She doesn’t want you to sing her song.

- Excuse me, can we postpone the shooting for now? - turning to the director, asked Baek Ji-young . - What I want to say is bad, to postpone the whole show.

- Oh sure. Let's continue tomorrow - the director immediately understood the situation, recalling his team. Soon, only girls and a trainer remained in the class.

- Why didn’t you follow the advice of the composer and songwriter Joe YuRi and did it your way? - barely left alone, Baek Ji-young asked sternly. - And you changed the dance statement, adjusting to Nako’s short stature. EunBi leader , what do you say?

- Sorry, I really wanted to do this part ...- Nako began to make excuses, realizing what was happening, but she was interrupted by the question of vocal coach Lee HongKi:

- Who was originally supposed to perform this part?

- At first we thought that Nako’s voice was very suitable, but then, when we met with the composer, she offered ChaeWon’s voice, but Nako really wanted to play ...

- The voice of ChaeWon is more suitable for this song than the voice of Nako. But your voice is very thin, does not correspond to the feelings that are in the beginning. They are more suitable in tone in the middle of the song. Here you need a bewitching voice, shrouded in some kind of magic. After all, how to think that the author of the song says that her feelings were hidden in her dreams, and now, they timidly appear in reality.

-Your voice did not convey that charm.

-And what shall we do now? We really like this song. We really want to fulfill it!

-There is nothing to be done, Jo YuRi made a decision - her vocal coach shook hands when the door opened and that girl who was talking about entered. She walked resolutely, stopped in front of Nako, said bluntly:

- Your efforts are laudable, I would leave you to be in charge, but not for this song. Therefore, if you do not show a decent performance, you will disgrace me. If you want to go further, then listen to my words! Tomorrow I expect more emotions from you, I want my heart to respond to my own song - bowing, YuRi quickly left the classroom again.

- There is nothing more to add, she is right in everything. Today you blundered. Go and correct your mistakes.

***

I disappointed her, ” YeNa thought sadly, hugging her knees, looking in front of her. “YuRi has never looked in my direction. She did not smile during my performance. And there was resentment in her voice. ”

- Let's do it again? - heavily sinking to the floor, sitting down on her knees, asked EunBi.

In the last hour after they shot the episode, she was very tired. There was no strength even to move not to sing. The dance itself is easy, just a couple of movements up and down, turning, bending down, making a couple of movements with your hands and again returning to the beginning. The song is good in that there is no dance here, everything comes from the heart, pouring out through the voice and intonation in it. The lyrics were sweet, and really magical, and understandable to each of them.

Everything is simple and easy, but in the past hour the heart was heavy, the atmosphere around was tense, the words were unsaid, the insult was not forgiven.

“It cannot last so long.” Before we continue, let's talk, talk, express our thoughts. We need to become one in order to perfectly perform the song entrusted to us. Honestly, I don't want to disappoint YuRi anymore. She, as an author and composer, gave a piece of her heart to us, so that we can voice properly in a voice, realize her song so that the audience can hear it. But over the past hour we have not reported an effort worthy of this song. We are still marking time.

“Sorry, it all happened because of me,” Nako said with her head down.

“It's not only your fault here, Nako, but so am I.” Our common mistake is to sigh while straightening our hair back, ChaeWon said. - I did not want to give you my part, but you were so sure, and I thought: Why not give you a chance?

- Yuuri did not smile at all, and I do not like it. And we all screwed up, not just you girls. We decided to do it our own way, and that’s what it turned into. The author of the song Somedayalmost took her from us, making it impossible to sing such a wonderful song. I don’t know why she returned, and gave us another chance, but this time, I do not want to be the cause of her tears again. I want to see her smile, for me it will be the best gift, not spectator voices. I want to hear from her tomorrow, after the speech: Thanks, girls, I was able to hear my song through your voices.

- Well said, YeNa. And I agree with you. Who agrees"?

All unanimously raised their hands up and smiled amicably.

- Let's try to hear these words from Jo YuRi!

***

YuRi herself did not know why she decided to return there. When she ran out of class, everything was raging in her chest. She was evil, very evil and offended. Neglect her advice. Abused each letter that is written in the lyrics. Spoiled with their own voices. Did not live up to her expectations. Even then, at the beginning of the song, she was surprised by the arrangement of the center and the other participants. After all, the center participant had to fulfill the first lines and that flower is going to bloom from her, turning it into reality.

And in the center stood Nako, a Japanese participant with a thin, sweet voice. Not ChaeWon, the girl whose entire song is recorded under her voice.

Why?

The answer became clear from the first chords of the melody.

What YuRi expected to hear from ChaeWon, she heard plaintively from Nako. Where it should sound soft, it sounded rude. Where the girl admits, it sounded as if the girl was proving her love.And loud voices sounded not where needed.

It was hard to sit through and listen to your own song.

It’s hard, but she sat there, forcing herself.

And after, I could not stand it, especially after I saw the happy faces of the participants.

Do they think their performance is perfect? Are they taunting me? Do you, ChaeWon , the girl I'm in love with, also think so? No, it's bad, I don’t want to ...

Leaning over, YuRi whispered:

- I changed my mind, I do not want these girls to sing my song. I pick her up and leave. Sorry.

- Wait! What happened?

- Ask those who ruined my song.

And yet, Jo YuRi is back.

I decided to give another chance.

I am doing the right thing? If they didn’t hear it again and again ...

Later that night, YuRi again saw a memory dream, where for the first time she heard an angelic voice addressing her with a trifle request:

-Sorry, it may sound pretty silly, but you won’t read this letter? - showing a printed envelope, asked the red-haired girl with a sweet smile on her lips.

- So it’s already read - she didn’t understand the request, but she picked up the outstretched letter, began to read: - “We inform you that from this moment you are a participant in the show Produce 48. We ask you to collect the necessary things and come to the specified address ... - Um Why are you looking at me like that?

-You have a nice accent. Busan dialect?

- Yeah.

- Your voice is charming. Thank you, I just wanted to make sure again that this letter is not a dream. Thanks, I went to get ready!

- Wait, what does all this mean? What `s the show?

- Thanks to him, I will be able to debut and perform on stage, to give my voice unnie kam of happiness with my voice.

-Wait, what's your name?

- me? Kim ChaeWon. Remember my name, I will soon become an idol!

- Good luck, Kim ChaeWon!

- Thanks!

Again the same dream. That should mean something, right? Maybe ChaeWon will remember me? Will remember me ...

After all, while you were preparing to become an idol, my songs occupied the first places, and my name became famous. I just can’t understand why she did not recognize me? My dialect did not change, my face, too, well, my hair was darker then, and I did not wear glasses. Although we sat in a half-turn, and she could only see my side profile. But, my name ... Oh, yes, my name, how does she know my name, since I did not voice it to her. Stupid, YuRi, you're so stupid.

***

- ChaeWon, hey, ChaeWon, you smile only when you have good dreams. What did you dream about this time?

- The past.

- About what?

- About a girl with a charming Busan dialect who read me a letter from the agency. YuRi has the same emphasis.

- She's beautiful, that girl?

- I did not see her face, she sat in a half-turn, and a hood was on her head. But the voice is nice.

- So she's sweet, right? You don't change, ChaeWon. Good luck today! YuRi will definitely say the words that you spoke about.

- Thanks, Minju. Good luck to you today too. We will definitely be in the same group when we debut!

***

I do not see her. Will YuRi not come? Stupid, YeNa , she’s not here, she’s probably sitting with our coaches. You will see her after the performance. Now draw more air into your lungs and exhale, calm down. Your voice should not tremble when you sing her song . "

The screams in the audience continued to sound even louder when Lee Sungi announced the next performance, titled "Promise." YeNa was helped to put on the headphones while the stylist straightened her dress, fastening it on the last button. The stage outfit for YeNa herself seemed too cute, pastel pink, reaching the floor covering her ankles. Hair is beautifully framed by a wreath of sakura petals smoothly descending on the shoulders, creating an even more romantic look. YeNa looked back at her members, admiring each of them. An excited ChaeWon came up to her and stood beside her , and YeNa honestly told her:

- You really look like an angel, ChaeWon. So beautiful that my heart skips a beat.

-I'm beautiful, right? Thank you, but you also look beautiful, YeNa - unnie - the girl smiled, thanks to the staff for giving her a bouquet of flowers, with which she will go on stage first. -I'm so worried, afraid my voice can't handle the excitement and ...

“You can do it. We can all do it. And I'm sure that the author of Someday will appreciate our efforts - she cheered her up with EunBi, coming up to them with everyone else. She extended her hand forward, looked at everyone, quietly, with a gasp, added: - May our promise come true today. Good luck girls! - Together, hands clasped together made such a promise and went on stage.

***

As YeNa suggested, YuRi was already in a separate room with the judges, waiting for their performance, hoping that they would do better today than yesterday. She prepared her heart again for ChaeWon's voice. She prepared her eyes so as not to miss more than one movement in the production of the scene. It all turned into an expectation of something magical, not real, exciting.

Today, Jo YuRi has prepared something special for the participants.

Today will be an exclusive that only the director and judges of the show knew about.

Very rarely, a girl shows her talents to the public.

But, today, hear her song, a bewitching voice.

The first chords sounded, the light from the spotlight caught the girl walking across the stage, who was holding a bouquet of spring flowers in her hands, her angelic appearance was supplemented by a voice whispering:

Someday…

we already met

and I could not forget our meeting,

from that moment I dreamed of meeting you again

talk, learn better, make friends,

and now, by the will of fate, a year later, by chance, I again saw your image ...

 

While the angelic voice dedicated to his secret and all eyes were focused on the vocalist, the remaining members gradually joined. They surrounded the girl, holding hands, joined the circle, squatting down, creating a flower. After the angelic voice, the audience was captivated by YeNa 's soft, soulful voice, followed by a thin voice, like a Nako bell. Sakura for their warmth and innocence gave all nostalgic, and EunBi finished strong, full of charisma voice asking for boy noticed her feelings.

Jo YuRi applauded, brushing a tear from her eyes, proudly smiled at the participants. They could, they did! It was not so perfect, there were flaws in intonation and the voice trembled from time to time, but mostly excellent.

**

They shouted to them:

- Encore! You are so beautiful! Encore! Sing again!

They smiled happily, thanked the audience, not hiding their tears, showed a heart, but among all those gathered, they all looked for one girl, although they knew very well that they would not find her here.

They were taken to a room where each participant was shown the results of the vote. Holding hands, they anxiously waited for familiar numbers to light up on the screen, after which the report would begin.

Finally, after long minutes of waiting, their names appeared on the screen:

Kwon EunBi - ...

Miyawaki Sakura - ...

Choi YeNa - ...

Kim ChaeWon - ...

Yabuki Nako - ...

Had to wait again for the results, again the minutes dragged on for a very long time, heart jumped out of chest. They were afraid to watch, but they looked, their eyes ached from tension.

- Oh my God! They shouted, not believing their eyes. - How is this possible? Why do we have the same points? Why did we all get ...?

Viewers who watched the show at home were indignant with them for only another reason:

- Advertising ... again ... but how much can you ?! - patience, a small repetition of the previous couple of seconds and ... - What?! Are you kidding me?! The end?! Seriously?! I waited so much time to find out what I expected the end of the episode ?!

Yes, there was no joke, everything as planned by the creators of the show and the specific request of Jo YuRi.

She asked the girls to give such ratings, and then the staff came and brought them to the hall where the spectators used to be, and now, besides the other girls and the judges, there was no one else.

They were asked to sit down, they all complied with the request.

They did not understand what was going on until the familiar melody of the song Someday sounded and Jo YuRi's soulful voice sounded.

***

Jo YuRi, consecrated in one light, without a microphone, looked in front of her and sang. Fascinated by the girl’s voice, ChaeWon suddenly realized that the dream that had recently been dreamed came true. The forgotten past came to life in the very voice, intonation, manner of singing.

Words written by Jo YuRi’s hand are even closer than before.

After all, Kim ChaeWon understood their true meanings.

I understood for whom these words were intended.

And when Joe YuRi ended with the words:

I still like you

nothing changed

ChaeWon knew that it was. But, alas, she could not reciprocate, because, Someday, upon a time, she promised to keep her heart for another person. She can only give friendship in return. Meeting her ingratiating gaze, she tried to say this through her gaze. Pass on the meaning of your thoughts.

Jo YuRi was a smart girl, and immediately realized what an apologetic smile meant.

She smiled sadly, forcing himself to smile when the first who expressed his admiration for her voice was YeNa thinking to himself:

Someday, when my heart does not hurt, I will give permission to conquer it again.