fin.

sunlight.

Her last class had ended 1 hour ago, but Dahyun was still at her seat in her classroom, doing her History homework.

Dahyun did this a lot. She tended to not concentrate when she did her homework at home, so she always finished them at school.

Sunlight peeked through the window, lighting up every corner in the room. It’s almost 4 pm, but the sun was still shining brightly. Dahyun’s seat was located right beside the big window in the classroom (there was no curtain covering it) and it was not helping at all. She didn’t mind, though.

Dahyun plugged off her earphone, and looked at the window’s direction. She peeked outside. There were not too many people down there. Of course, the class had ended 1 hour ago. They had no reasons to stay here.

Dahyun looked back at her book in front of her. She was about to continue what she was doing, until she realized that she was not alone.

Sana didn’t make any sound, made Dahyun forgot about her existence.

Dahyun turned to her right, only to find Sana was sleeping peacefully. She crossed her hands on the table, and leaned her head there. She was heading to Dahyun’s direction.

No wonder why the older girl had been really quiet (she was usually really loud.)

Sana was heavily asleep. Dahyun could even hear a light snore coming from her.

Cute.

Dahyun was wondering what did she do last night, made her didn’t get enough sleep. Sana told her earlier about not having enough sleep last night though, but she didn’t tell Dahyun why.

Sana looked really tired when Dahyun saw her this morning too.

The clouds in the sky had moved a bit, making the sunlight fell right on Sana’s face. Sana frowned a bit, but she didn’t wake up.

Dahyun chuckled, and raised her right hand moved it a bit closer to Sana’s face to cover her face from the sunlight so that she could sleep well.

Dahyun continued writing with her left hand (she could write with he left hand), with her right hand remained still at its place.

No long after Dahyun continued writing, she could feel something warm grabbed her palm. Dahyun looked at Sana, only to find Sana hugging her hand like a baby.

“You are awake.”

Sana nodded. She just woke up, so she still felt a bit dreamy.

Sana looked so cute, leaning on her hand, with her messy brown hair and red cheeks (from leaning for a long time on her desk).

“You are not done yet, Dahyunnie?”

“Uh, yes. You can go home first if you want to.”

Sana shook her head.

“I will accompany you. We will go home together.” Sana grinned.

Dahyun smiled at the view beside her.

Dahyun had been crushing hard on Sana for a long time. They first met each other when Dahyun was still a freshman, and Sana was one year above her. Dahyun joined the music club, and she met Sana there.

They got along with each other really well. Sana was that bubbly and friendly type, meanwhile Dahyun was shy and quiet. Being an awkward person, she loved how bubbly Sana whenever she was around Dahyun. It made her less awkward, and of course, Dahyun felt really comfortable around her. Sana herself also found Dahyun really cute.

Without Dahyun realizing, she started to develop feeling for the older. Dahyun was being ignorant at first. She always told herself maybe she only admired Sana, but slowly, she realized that her feeling was more than that.

She fell in love with Sana.

But being herself, she didn’t tell Sana about her feeling- and she wouldn’t. She didn’t want to make everything awkward between them, and she was scared Sana would distance herself from her.

As long Sana was around her, as long as she was happy.

It was enough for Dahyun.

Dahyun kept writing with her left hand, with her right hand were still wrapped around Sana’s hand. Sana sometimes would play and give Dahyun a little tickle on her hand to get her attention, but it didn’t bother Dahyun.

In the fact, Dahyun loved it.

Sana’s head was still leaned on the desk, facing Dahyun, observing the younger’s serious face. Dahyun would sometime frown at the hard questions she didn’t understand, and Sana would chuckle because Dahyun looked so cute.

Dahyun was really drowned in her mind until she heard something.

“Dahyunie, I love you.”

Dahyun looked away from her book, with her eyes widened. She immediately looked at Sana.

“D-did you say something?”

Dahyun thought maybe she heard it wrong since she was so focused on her work.

“I said, I love you.”

Dahyun stared into Sana’s eyes, waiting for her to finally laugh and told her that she was joking.

But she didn’t do that. Sana stared at Dahyun, and flashed a soft smile.

Dahyun could even see sincerity in her eyes.

It became a staring contest between them, and silence. No one dared to say anything.

Dahyun was too busy processing everything, meanwhile Sana was there waiting for Dahyun’s response.

Dahyun finally laughed, and broke the silence.

“Stop playing around with me, Sana unnie.”

There was no way Sana was being serious, Dahyun thought.

Sana pouted at Dahyun’s answer.

“Did you think I was joking?”

“U-uh… yes? I mean, you always do that to everyone. To Mina unnie, Nayeon unnie, Chaeyoung.”

Sana lifted up her head, and looked at Dahyun, with a serious expression.

“You were not wrong. But have you ever realized?”

Dahyun gulped at the sudden change of Sana’s voice and face expression. The tension around them was getting tense.

“I never said those words to you, until today.”

Sana was right. Dahyun would always get jealous whenever Sana flirted and said those three words to anyone, but not her.

“That-“

“That’s because I didn’t mean saying it to them. You know, I’ve been a flirty one.” Sana said.

“Okay-“

“I waited for this day, for finally to be able to say these words to you.” Dahyun was cut off by Sana once again.

Dahyun didn’t know what to say, or how to react.

She felt happy and confused at the same time.

She felt like she was dreaming…

“I’m finally sure about my feeligns for you, Dahyunie. I told you I didn’t get enough sleep last night, right?”

Sana stopped for a while, and continued.

“Because I was thinking about you. No, about you and me. About us.”

Dahyun was left speechless by Sana’s sudden confession.

“I spent my sleep time finding out about my real feeling for you, and finally I found it out.” Sana spoke as she looked at Dahyun.

“I’m so serious right now. I love you Dahyun, let’s go on a date.”

Dahyun gulped for the nth time.

“Sana unnie-“

“What? You still don’t believe me? I know you love me too, Dahyun. You were so obvious.” Sana pouted.

“N-no, it’s not like that-“

“It’s okay if you don’t believe me, I’ll prove.”

Sana didn’t even let Dahyun finished her sentence. She cupped Dahyun cheeks with her both hands, and leaned it.

Dahyun could feel something wet and soft on her lips, and also Sana’s minty breath.

Oh my god.

Dahyun had never thought something like this would happen.

Her, kissing Sana on lips.

No, Sana kissing her.

It was only a long peck but Dahyun could feel butterflies in her stomach. Her face felt so hot.

Sana finally pulled away, and put her hands on Dahyun’s shoulder, tangling around Dahyun’s neck.

“Believe me now?” Sana said cutely.

Dahyun chuckled.

“You didn’t even let me say anything, Sana unnie.”

“Oh, you were right.”

Both of them laughed.

“I know you already knew, but let me say this again, to make things official.”

Sana looked at Dahyun with her puppy eyes, waiting for Dahyun to spit out those three words.

“I love you too, Sana unnie.”

And both of them leaned in again for another kiss.

-fin