fin

Don't Wanna Be Your Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happiest birthday again, love," Kai said as he hugged and kissed Krystal on the cheek from her back. It’s been a long day and they have just arrived at their shared condo unit after an intimate dinner at a fancy restaurant.

"I have another gift for you. Close your eyes and no peeking," Kai whispered to Krystal as he reached for a small box in his pocket. He brought out a gold necklace with a K pendant and put it around her neck. "There, perfect, open your eyes now! It’s supposed to be K for Krystal but it’s also for Kai now so that I’ll always be with you and you won’t be able to get rid of me," Kai said, facing her already and beaming like a cheesy little kid, then quickly stealing another kiss.

"Thank you, Kai, really. You did not have to. This is so beautiful and sweet, you are so beautiful and sweet," Krystal answered as she felt the necklace on her then reaching out to caress his cheek. "I really appreciate you and everything you've done, especially today. Thank you for making time and spending the day with me. I feel beyond special right now," Krystal said in a soft voice and with a small smile.

"Small thing, babe! I can only do so much. And yes, you are very special and dear to me. All the best only for my baby. You know I'd do anything for you. Is there anything else you want? What else do you want to do? I can get it for you or we can make plans and arrangements and-," Kai was suddenly cut off by Krystal leading them to sit on the couch.

"You know what? I have this one last wish. I've been thinking about it for quite some time now," she said.

"Sure, love, tell me! Let me hear it," Kai was enthusiastically waiting for her request and wondering what is she so eager for.

"I'm not sure if this is the right time for me to say this. Today was so perfect but I also don't know why I waited this long. I really need to get this off my chest, Kai," she paused for a while before continuing. "Let's stop this. I can't do this anymore."

"Umm... ok? What do we stop? Are you uncomfortable? Are you hurt? Where?," Kai answered in panic as he inspects her body to see if there's anything wrong.

"No, Kai, I'm not hurt physically. What I'm saying is that we should stop. This thing between us... our set-up. We should have never really happened in the first place," Krystal explained. "Hear me out first, ok? Let me finish." Kai was at a sudden loss for words and he was just staring at Krystal as if dumbfounded.

"We knew this was wrong from the beginning. Very wrong. We, no, at least I, should have controlled my feelings right then and there. The day you approached me, I knew I was in for some deep trouble. The small talks, the meet-ups, the sudden texts and calls... led to this. I fell and I am so deeply in love with you," Krystal confessed.

"God, I'm so happy whenever we're together but I also keep thinking of until when will this happiness last. You make me feel so good but this is so wrong. Let's stop pretending that this is a normal relationship. That we aren't hurting anyone."

Krystal took a heavy breath before continuing, "You have her. Way before me. And if you can't give her up, please, Kai, at least, please let me go." She was already choking on her words on the verge of crying.

Kai was holding on to Krystal all this time. "Babe-, no-, I-, we-," he did not know what to say. Flashbacks of his memories with Krystal, from the day they met until this very moment, str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter