final.

16:30
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jonghyun looked up at the digital clock after serving his current customer and noticed it was 4:29 - one more minute to the time his favourite customer usually came in. he hurried to the cashier and quickly fixed his bangs, hoping that he didn’t look like a mess. right on cue at 4:30, the bells attached to the door jingled, signalling that a customer had walked in. loud, boisterous laughter filled the cafe, drawing looks from some annoyed female customers whose gazes immediately softened when they realised they were two attractive men in medical lab coats. 

 

“go and have a seat, i’ll order for us,” jonghyun’s favourite customer said to his fellow doctor as they both reached the counter. what jonghyun missed was the sharp look his favourite customer gave to his friend, one that looked like ‘don’t try or say anything funny or i’ll kill you’. he immediately softened his gaze and greeted jonghyun cheerily. 

 

“hi! it’s you again!” he felt really satisfied when he saw the blush on jonghyun’s cheeks along with his inability to look at him in the eyes.

 

“yes… “ jonghyun shyly answered, mustering the courage to look up into the doctor’s eyes, “what would you like to have today?” 

 

you, he thought briefly before looking up at the menu behind jonghyun, “umm,” he turned around, looking for his partner, “yah, choi minho what do you want?” minho looked up from his phone, glancing over at him and then the person behind the counter before answering “iced americano, thanks!” 

 

“okay so two iced americanos,” as he watched jonghyun nod and scribble on the cups, a sudden burst of courage to flirt with the cute barista overtook him. “so i’ve been here for a week and you haven’t asked for my name for the drinks... do i have to come at peak period for that to happen?” he asked jonghyun cheekily. 

 

“oh, um,” the blush on jonghyun’s cheeks was on full force as he quietly asked, “may i have your name?” 

 

“jinki,” he answered, growing bolder by the second as he rested his arm on the counter, leaning his head into his other hand. his eyes followed jonghyun's hand which was scribbling his name onto the cup, “and you?” when jonghyun looked up, he was shocked to see jinki's face so close to his that he almost dropped the cup. jinki got to see how pretty jonghyun was close up and it made his heart flutter.

 

before jonghyun could answer, he was interrupted by minho. “oooh, surgeon lee, is this w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter