fin.

safe haven

ps: sana is 10 years older than dahyun in this fic.

-

Dahyun was used of everyone treating her bad.

She was used of this cruel and harsh reality.

The least thing she would do was do something and tried to change her fate.

Because she knew, no matter how hard she tried, it wouldn’t work.

There was no place in this society for a person like her.

She was born without parents, without family. Her parents dumped her when she was still a baby. She grew up without adults, without love, without anything.

She had been alone.

When she was a kid, she always questioned why she always got bullied. She always questioned why her friends would always have someone (probably their parents) to pick the up from school.

Meanwhile she didn’t.

Now, she understood everything.

Her life was really gloomy, until she met someone.

She did meet a lot of random ‘adults’ before, but for the first time, she found the truly ‘adult’ figure.

Someone that she adored so much.

Dahyun thought she was the same just like anyone else, but she was wrong.

The first time she stepped in the school Dahyun was studying at, Dahyun saw her as another adult that she had to face.

When she gave her speech about wanting to be a fair school headmaster, Dahyun scoffed.

What a bull, Dahyun thought that time.

It’s what Dahyun thought until something happened.

For the nth time (Dahyun had lost count), she got bullied again by Irene and her friends. Of course, Dahyun really wanted to fight them (she had the ability to do that) but she didn’t want to end up being dropped out from school.

Until that day, Dahyun really lost her patience.

She gave a hard punch on Irene’s face, and her nose started blooding.

Of course, both Dahyun and Irene (with her friends) were called to the headmaster room.

She experienced this before, and it ended up with Dahyun got a detention. No matter how hard she explained to Mr. Lee (her previous head master), he just wouldn’t listen to her.

Just because Irene is the daughter of the biggest investor in her school. Mr. Lee didn’t want to lose the amount of money the school had been getting from giving punishment to Irene, so he didn’t do it.

Irene was the one who bullied her first, but she received nothing, meanwhile Dahyun had to bear and endure everything alone.

Funny, Dahyun thought. She was not surprised, though.

That how the world worked.

From that time, Dahyun started learning how to control herself. She still wanted to graduate and find a proper job.

Right after punching Irene (even harder than before) for the second time, Dahyun started to regret everything. She might end up being dropped out for real this time.

Dahyun was now sitting in the room, facing the new headmaster, with Irene sitting beside her.

“What happened?” She asked.

Dahyun didn’t even mind to answer.

“She punched me first, Miss.” Irene said dramatically, and pointing to her nose that was still bleeding, and wouldn’t stop wiping the blood with her hand.

“And why did you to that, Dahyun?”

Dahyun looked at her, and chuckled.

“Do I need to answer…..”

Dahyun looked at the sign placed on the table.

Minatozaki Sana, it was written there. Dahyun didn’t know that the latter was not Korean.

“Ms. Minatozaki?”

Ms. Minatozaki looked at Dahyun, confused.

“Of course? So that I could know, and solved the problem, in a fair way.”

Dahyun had never wanted to laugh so hard before.

“Did you just say… fair?” Dahyun chuckled harder.

She hated that word the most. It only belongs to them that had money and power.

“You can leave first, Irene.”

Irene left the room, leaving her alone with Ms. Minatozaki.

“How long did it already happen?”

“What thing?”

“Bullying. Between you, Irene, and her friends.”

“Since my first day here. Maybe two years.”

Dahyun didn’t know why she asked, and she didn’t know either why she responded.

“They did it again, so you punched her?”

Dahyun nodded.

“Okay, that’s all. You can leave.”

It would just be the same like before. She would be the one who was responsible with everything. She knew.

Dahyun stood up, and was about to leave (without any say anything) until she heard Ms. Minatozaki said something.

“Go to treat the wound on your face, Dahyun.”

Dahyun stopped her steps.

She had never been told that by anyone.

Dahyun didn’t turn around, and didn’t say anything.

She just continued walking, and left the room

-

Dahyun didn’t know this day would finally come.

The day that someone like her would be treated in a fair way.

She had never expected Irene and her friends would apologize to he and promised not to bother her anymore.

The news had spread to the entire school, and it became a hot topic. No one dared to touch Irene before (because of her family background), but whatever Ms. Minatozaki did, she successfully made Irene apologized to her.

That day’s classed were all finished, Dahyun immediately go to Ms. Minatozaki’s room.

She was really curious about what happened.

Dahyun knocked the door slowly.

“Come in.” Dahyun vividly heard.

She raised the handle, and opened the door, welcomed by Ms. Minatozaki working on something behind her desk.

Noticing that someone had opened the door, she raised her head, and looked at the door.

“Oh, Dahyun.”

She flashed a soft smile.

Dahyun came in, and walked closer to the desk. She bowed.

“Take a seat, Dahyun.” Dahyun followed, and sat in front if Ms. Minatozaki.

“What brought you here?”

Dahyun actually felt really guilty for looking down at Ms. Minatozaki before and had the thought that she was the same.

“I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday.”

Ms. Minatozaki laughed.

“It’s okay. Anyways, did Irene and her friends apologize already?”

“They did.”

“Great, they better did, or they will be dropped out from this schoold.”

Dahyun raised her head and looked at Ms. Minatozaki really quick.

“You threaten them that you will.. drop them out.. from school?” Dahyun asked, still in shock.

“it’s not threatening, it’s called a punishment? They have to be responsible for the things they have done.” Ms. Minatozaki casually spoke.

“Am I getting you into troubles?” Dahyun asked.

Ms. Minatozaki raised her left eyebrow.

“How is that getting me into troubles? I just did what is right to do.”

“But her parents are the biggest investor in this school.”

Ms. Minatozaki finally understood what Dahyun had been trying to say.

“I know about that. No worries, I have my own way. Everything has been handled.”

Ms. Minatozaki pulled her drawer below her desk, and take something out.

Medicine storage box.

She gave it to Dahyun.

“Take this home, and treat your wound. It looked so bad. You okay?”

Dahyun touched her face.

“Y-yeah, I guess.” Dahyun stuttered.

It’s really not like her.

Dahyun had always been a bold person, not scared of everyone. But she just stuttered.

She was not used of receiving this kind of attention.

“It must hurt a lot. I couldn’t imagine how you endured this for 2 years.” Ms. Minatozaki said.

Dahyun couldn’t believe herself for that either.

“You did well, Kim Dahyun.”

That sentence sounded so foreign to Dahyun’s ears.

Before no one had told her before.

Even herself.

Ms. Minatozaki looked straight into her eyes, and smiled softly. She raised her hand, and patted Dahyun’s head.

Dahyun felt so safe and peaceful.

And that moment, Dahyun finally realized that she had found someone she had been looking for.

Her safe haven.

-

After that day, Dahyun visited Ms. Minatozaki’s room a lot. She told Dahyun and she could come every time she wanted to, and Dahyun did that with pleasure

They were getting closer and closer. Dahyun shared her story a lot, and she was really open to her. She even told Ms. Minatozaki about how she didn’t have family, and how she had to take multiple part time jobs to live.

It was really fun for Dahyun to be able to get closer with the older. Dahyun felt so comfortable around her, and she started to think her life was getting really better than before after meeting Ms. Minatozaki.

One day, Dahyun didn’t come to school (Ms. Minatozaki noticed that because Dahyun didn’t visit her office that day) and she called Dahyun, turned out Dahyun was really sick that time.

After works, Ms. Minatozaki visited Dahyun in her apartement she rented. Dahyun was surprised to hear a knock on the door (she didn’t have family or friends that came to visit her) but she was more surprised to see Ms. Minatozaki standing outside her apartment.

Dahyun was a whole mess. Her head was spinning and throbbing really hard, and her whole body hurt so much. Seeing the sick Dahyun, Ms. Minatozaki immediately brought her back to her bedroom.

“Do you want to go for a check? You looked so sick.”

Dahyun rejected because she hated hospital so much, and ended up Ms. Minatozaki to look after her. Dahyun felt bad and told Ms. Minatozaki to leave (she just got back from work, she she clearly looked tired) but she wanted to stay.

“I can’t. I’m worried.” She said.

Dahyun could see that she did looked really worried.

“Aren’t you tired, Ms. Minatozaki?”

“I’m not, don’t worry. And can I ask you a favor, Dahyun?”

“What is it?”

Ms. Minatozaki bit her lower lips (it somehow made Dahyun felt things), hestitated to say it.

“Can you not call me with that when we are outside of the school?”

“What do you want me to call you, then?”

“W-whatever, anything less formal.”

“Is ‘unnie’ okay? Like.. Sana unnie?”

Dahyun was so embarrassed.

“T-that will do.” Sana was embarrassed as well.

“Okay, Sana unnie.”

Both of them laughed.

-

Dahyun was getting better because of the medicines Sana gave her.

“Do you feel better, Dahyun?”

“I do. I’m not as dizzy as before.”

It was almost 9 pm, and by now, Sana should have gone home, but she decided to have a sleepover at Dahyun’s place.

Sana just finished cleaning herself. She looked so cute in Dahyun’s oversized t-shirt and checkered pajamas pants. Sana always had that threating auras in school (of course, she was the headmaster) but now, she looked so fluffy and soft.

“You look so good in casual outfit like this, Miss headmaster.” Dahyun teased.

“Stop teasing me.” She said, embarrassed.

They spent their times talking to each other, and telling stories. Both of them laughed a lot at each other’s jokes.

Dahyun’s life really turned better. She felt much more alive now.

It’s already 11 pm, both of them started getting sleepy. Sana really planned to sleep in the living room, and of course, Dahyun said no, so she moved a bit, leaving an empty space beside her for Sana.

Sana turned off the lights, leaving only small lamps on the nightstand beside the bed on. She awkwardly crawled onto the bed, and lay down beside Dahyun.

She had never thought she would sleep together with one of her student…

Maybe Dahyun was more than a student for her.

And Dahyun felt the same. Sana was more than a teacher for her.

Both of them faced the opposite direction. They could feel the tension were getting really awkward.

It was silence for 15 minutes. Sana thought Dahyun was already asleep, until she heard Dahyun’s voice.

“Sana unnie.” She said.

Sana answered with a humph.

Dahyun didn’t know what had got into her, or where did she get the courage from to say this.

“Can you cuddle me?”

Sana froze at Dahyun’s words.

Getting no response from Sana, Dahyun realized she might already do a big mistake.

“I-I’m sorry, I-“

“Come here.”

Sana turn around, facing Sana, and opened her arms, welcoming Dahyun. Dahyun moved, and put her arms around Sana’s waist, placing her head on Sana’s crooks of neck.

Sana smelled so good, with the mix of the vanilla scent of Dahyun’s flavor of soap, and her own perfume scent that still left there.

Sana raised her hands, and Dahyun’s hair slowly.

Both of their hearts were beating faster.

Sana had been so ignorant about herself and Dahyun.

And when she had Dahyun breathing calmly on on her arms, she realized everything.

“What are we, Dahyun?”

Sana could feel Dahyun’s body tensed at her question.

Sana knew Dahyun knew that they were more than a student and her teacher.

“I-I don’t know.” Dahyun stuttered.

Sana moved a bit, and looked at Dahyun. Dahyun looked back into Sana’s eyes.

They didn’t say anything, only them looking at each other, enjoying each other’s presence.

The tension was getting tense.

“You know what?” Dahyun asked.

“What?” Sana asked back.

“ everything.”

With that, Dahyun moved her face closer to Sana’s. She leaned it, and captured Sana’s lips.

Sana didn’t push Dahyun away.

She wanted this as much as Dahyun.

Dahyun pull Sana’s body closer, and Sana put her arms around Dahyun’s neck, pushing their body closer to each other.

It was a soft kiss at the first, but it was getting messier and messier.

Dahyun nibbled Sana’s lower lips, made Sana released a soft moan. Sana opened , and Dahyun didn’t waste the chance. She inserted her tongue into Sana’s mouth.

Sana’s hand started to touch every part of Dahyun’s body.

She wanted Dahyun so much.

So did Dahyun.

It was going to be a long night for two of them…

-

After that night happened, they were not ignorant about their feelings anymore.

The sun light peeked through the small window, light up the whole room.

Dahyun was awake, with a body, sleeping peacefully beside her. She could hear Sana cute snore.

Dahyun smiled.

She moved her hand and Sana’s hair, and moved to her cheek.

“You are really beautiful.” Dahyun mumbled.

Dahyun actually already found the older attractive since the first time she met her.

“You yourself are cute too.” Sana suddenly said, with her hoarse voice.

“Did I wake you up?”

Sana opened her eyes, and moved closer to hug Dahyun.

“Do you feel better?”

Dahyun nodded.

“I’m really okay now, thanks to you for amazing night last night.” Dahyun teased.

Sana nudge Dahyun’s arms.

“Dahyun.”

“Hm?”

Dahyun looked down to see Sana’s face.

“I know this is wrong, but-“

“Nothing is wrong, Sana unnie.”

Dahyun gave a light peck on Sana’s forehead.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I love you more, Ms. Minatozaki.”

Sana hit Dahyun’s arm.

“Don’t ruin the mood.”

Dahyun chuckled.

“I love you, Sana unnie.”

 

-end