fin.

Acting Secretary
Please log in to read the full chapter

Youngbin sat at the VIP table awaiting his friends. They were at the nightclub to relax and have fun, but all he's done since arriving was drink his mood away and gone down to the dance floor every now and then with his buddies. When his friends didn't return after another ten minutes of waiting, Youngbin downed the last bit of alcohol and decided to head on home. He was done for the night and if his friends wanted to get in touch with him, then they could call him instead. Youngbin clumsily stood up and slightly wobbled his way to the entrance of the club and out of it into the cold night air. He inhaled the cold air and let out a sigh while clicking his tongue in a bad mood a second later.

"I can't drive in this state."

Youngbin angrily whipped around to head back inside to find one of his sober friends to take him, but he instead got hit by the door. He stumbled a few steps back while a female on the other side apologized about the incident.

"I am so sorry. I didn't exp- Mr. Kim?"

Seul in surprised upon spotting her boss at the nightclub. Youngbin tried to focus on the person who had just addressed him like so.

"Seul?"

"Um, yes."

Seul maneuvered herself and her boss out of the way as to not block the entrance although she wondered why her boss had addressed her so casually.

"Are you okay, Mr. Kim? Do I need to call someone for you?" She asked in concern as Youngbin continued to stare at her. "Mr. Kim?"

Youngbin snapped back to his senses.

"Sorry, Se- Ms. Lee."

Youngbin caught himself from saying her name so casually again. He silently scolded himself for doing so and he couldn't show that kind of behavior outside of work. Seul noticed, but didn't mention it. Instead she glanced at him with worried before motioning with her head at the nightclub.

"Okay. Well, if you're alright, Mr. Kim, then I'm gonna head back in-"

"Wait." Youngbin interrupted her as he went to reach out to grab a hold of her had, but at the last second stopped his action.

Seul saw, but once again didn't acknowledged how casually he was being at the moment.

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"

As Youngbin was about to reply he had taken a step back at the same time, but lost his footing. He staggered away from his subordinate and almost lost balance, but Seul reached out to steady the male.

"I think you're drunk, Mr. Kim." She told the male with a light chuckle.

Youngbin liked the sound of her laugh, but frowned at the way she kept addressing him so accordingly even though he knew himself that that was how their relationship was. He was gonna say something, but Seul spoke before he could.

"We should get you home, Mr. Kim. If you didn't drive yourself, then I can call a taxi or something for you."

"I don't need one."

"Ah, right. Then I'm sure you drove here by yourself."

"I did, but I can't drive at the moment. I'm too intoxicated." Youngbin replied.

"Oh, did you come with Dawon?" Seul asked remembering that the two were friends.

"I did, but I don't trust him with driving."

"Oh."

An instant idea popped into Youngbin's head a second later.

"Why don't you take me home instead, Seul?"

Seul once again caught Youngbin calling her name casually, but she was more concerned about him asking for her to drive him home.

"Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"I'm sorry, but you want me to take you home?"

"Yes. Yes, I do."

"Why would you want me to take you home?"

"You are my personal assistant, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then you'll take me home." Youngbin reasoned with a smug look.

"Um, why not get your actual secretary to do it? I'm sure she's more than willing to help you out with that, Mr. Kim." Seul reasoned knowing full well that his secretary would agree automatically.

"She's not here and you can be Acting Secretary then."

Seul frowned, but knew that driving her boss around wasn't out of the ordinary as a personal assistant since she mainly worked for him. Still though she couldn't help think that him wanting her as an Acting Secretary was really just pushing it. Seul once again tried to weasel herself out of it.

"Sorry, Mr. Kim, but I don't really remember where you live. I'm sure Youkyung does as she's been your secretary for a few years now."

Youngbin dismissed that notion upon remembering that she had visited his place before.

"Ms. Seo isn't here. Anyways, you did come to my home that time you ran errands for Dawon, correct?"

"Yeah, but it's not like I'm really gonna remember it since I hadn't gone back since working at NEOZ Group."

"But you do know the general area, yes?"

"No. I don't live on that side of time and hardly ever go there."

"I'll just tell you the address then."

"But I came with my friends." She reasoned again as her boss countered her words with a smirk. "So did I, but you can just messaged them."

Seul wasn't keen on the idea of driving her boss home, but upon hearing that he came with his friends she opted for that..

"Oh, well since you're friends are here, too, why not ask them to take you home?"

"Because they're just as drunk as me."

"I'm sure one of them is at least sober."

"None of them are."

Seul regarded the male with a curious gaze as Youngbin shot her a charming smile.

"Oh, c'mon, Seul. Aren't you curious to remember where I live or what my home looks like again?"

"No." Seul answered as she heard the way Youngbin said her name so casually once again. "Not really."

"Really?"

"Yeah"

Despite the talks of the company, especially from Dawon, Seul herself didn't meddle with other people' affair. She mainly kept to herself and did her work. Of course there were quite a bit of whispers going on behind her back when they found out she was Youngbin's personal assistant, but again she never let it phase her. Until now and she wondered what would happened at work tomorrow.

"So you're telling me for the past few months that you've worked with me, you've never been curious?" He asked in disbelief.

Seul tried to bite back the words of 'working for him' and 'not with him', but said something else with a small laugh.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Kim, but it's never once crossed my mind at all."

Youngbin scoffed, but didn't say anything as he rubbed his forehead. He knew that a headache was about to form and needed to get home as soon as possible. His ears perked up when he heard a male voice's call out to his subordinate.

"Hey, lady in the blue dress. If you got problems with your man, then I can take care of you instead."

Seul groaned and just as she was about to tell the guy off, Youngbin did it for her.

"She's fine. I suggest for you to take care of yourself before something ugly happens."

The stranger backed off upon the gaze that Youngbin had shot him and walked away in a hurry. Youngbin took off his jacket and draped it over Seul before zipping it up.

"Thank you." She thanked her boss before feeling his hand slipped into hers and Youngbin pulled her along towards the parking garage.

A few minutes later they stood in front of a really fancy car to which Seul could only assume was her boss' vehicle. It was a nice car, but Seul disliked the color of it and made a face that didn't go unnoticed by Youngbin.

"What? You don't like it?"

"It's nice. I'm just not a big fan of red."

"Well, too bad. You're gonna have to learn to like it."

Youngbin fished the keys from his pockets and held it out for Seul to take while clicking the button to unlock the vehicle. Seul still cast her boss an unsure look while glancing at the keys. Youngbin shot her a small smile.

"You can drive manual, right?"

"Yes, I can, but are you really keen on me driving you?"

"Very."

He tossed the keys towards her and out of reflex she caught them. Seul was gonna deny the idea of her driving him home, but Youngbin sat himself comfortably in the passenger's seat. Seul sighed, but pulled out her phone to send her friends a quick text before getting into the driver's seat. If he insist on her driving him home, then she will. Someone had to make sure the boss got home safely so she and the others could continue to work.

"Get off this exit." Youngbin informed Seul as she briefly took a glance at the male before re-focusing her eyes back onto the road before her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Take this exit that's coming up." Her boss answered surely as Seul signaled to get off, but Youngbin changed his answer once more.

"Oh, wait not this one."

Seul jerked the wheel back onto the highway and narrowly missed the other car that passed on by like the previous attempts.

"Mr. Kim!" She exclaimed in a controlled and firmed tone.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Youngbin apologized while making the begging gesture. "I don't exactly remember which exit it was."

"And you couldn't told me this beforehand when I almost caused an accident the last few times?"

"At the time I thought they were the right exits, but remembered that they were not the right ones."

Please log in to read the full chapter