=△=

Special to a Son Hyejoo

Chaewon doesn’t want to get the wrong idea, but she can’t help but feel like she’s special. Well, special to a Son Hyejoo. Chaewon knew Hyejoo always set a side a portion of breakfast when she overslept, and she oversleep a lot. One-time Hyejoo thought Chaewon might be dead and even checked that the girl is still breathing after Chaewon slept for fourteen hours straight. But when Chaewon woke up there’s always food on the table. Chaewon always look back at Hyejoo who’s playing her game on the living room TV with thankful eyes. Chaewon giggled when the younger girl grumble when she died in her game as she heated up her food in the microwave.

 

==

 

Chaewon know when its break time from dance practice Hyejoo is always the first one to dash to the watercooler, getting herself a cup of ice-cold water after grueling practice session. Chaewon being one of the slower one always ended up being the last one to get a drink as she has to wait for the other girls to fill their cup before her turn. But she doesn’t, as Hyejoo always got two cups, one for herself and one for Chaewon. Hyejoo casually gave the ice-cold cup to Chaewon, somehow it made something in Chaewon’s stomach stir.

 

==

 

There she goes again, Chaewon thought. She felt the bigger hand slip thru her own smaller one. She doesn’t have to look to know that the hand belongs to Son Hyejoo. The younger girl seems like she can’t survive without holding anyone hand for more than an hour. She would hold any of the member hand that’s closest to her and to be honest Chaewon isn’t so pleased when that happened. But she would always seek out for Chaewon first.

 

Waiting for the girl who walk slower than her then casually and smoothly slid their hand together, or when Chaewon is ahead Hyejoo would walk a little bit faster to catch up but never run. God no, Son Hyejoo can’t run. Their digits would come together intertwining like a perfect puzzle piece, other time grasping only a few fingers softly. Chaewon was startled by how clingy Hyejoo were at first, but now she can’t imagine a day without holding the younger girl warm hand. Chaewon felt her heart at content as the dark-haired girl run her thumb lightly against the back of her palm.

 

==

 

Hyejoo loves the fact that Chaewon is shorter than her but Chaewon hates it. Hyejoo being the childish girl that she is always poke fun of Chaewon height. When they are close together Hyejoo always look down on her while Chaewon have to look up to meet Hyejoo’s gaze. Chaewon being the older one felt her pride hurt a little every time Hyejoo’s triangle mouth turn into smug smirk as she looks down on Chaewon. Chaewon could only yelled out a small “Ya” which made Hyejoo even more amused, letting out a short bratty laugh and saying some smart one liner about Chaewon height.

Though on one particular bad practice session Chaewon hid herself in BBC pantry. Her tears have streamed down freely because she kept messing up, being unable to let herself be lift up by Sooyoung and Hyejoo. She was so afraid to fall that her body just don’t want to jump. She was terrified even with Yeojin holding her from behind. The dance coach scolded her harshly and they made all of them do it over and over again until Chaewon manage to do it but she still couldn’t. Felling guilty and bad for her members after the coach called for a break in frustration, Chaewon run out of the dance studio. The door opened up to reveal a certain dark-haired girl. Hyejoo closed the door behind her then hugged Chaewon gently. Chaewon sobbed harder, grabbing a fistful of Hyejoo’s black T-shirt letting her tears stain the said t-shirt. After five minutes of Hyejoo wiping away Chaewon tears with Hyejoo’s flannel that she tied around her waist during practice Chaewon stopped her sobbing, though a few stray tears still fell from her big round eyes.

 

Hyejoo slowly pushed Chaewon back, wiping the last of her tear with her thumb and placed a soft kiss on Chaewon’s forehead. “Trust me unnie, I will catch you no matter what. I won’t let you get hurt.” Hyejoo said with determination flashing on her eyes. Chaewon felt herself getting warmer, her forehead where Hyejoo’s lips touched shy of three seconds ago burns. When they came back to practice Chaewon finally did it, jumping like she was supposed to. She felt light, like something inside of her just broke free as she conquered her fear. Her coach nodded in silent approval. She felt Hyejoo hugging her while saying “Well done” the memory of that forehead kiss that occurred not long before coming back to her. She looked up to Hyejoo who gave her a proud smile to realize their height gap is perfect for Hyejoo to place a kiss on her forehead. Chaewon didn’t mind the younger girl being taller than her after that, though Hyejoo making fun of her height is still annoying.

 

==

 

Hyejoo doesn’t like roller-coaster which Chaewon love, so when Hyejoo asked Chaewon to go to the amusement park with her she asked Hyejoo weather she can ride the roller-coaster with her or not. Hyejoo reluctantly agree but made Chaewon promise that she would ride the Viking. Chaewon hate the Viking which Hyejoo love, but she reluctantly agrees anyway. Chaewon dreaded riding the Viking but she can’t wait until their next day off in four days because that’s when she will go to the amusement park with Hyejoo. Just the two of them. Hyejoo dubbed it “our amusement park date” which flustered Chaewon. Chaewon doesn’t want to have the wrong idea but she can’t help but to hope her definition of ‘date’ is the same as Hyejoo’s. She became giddier as the day become nearer, so much so that she didn’t sleep the night before their ‘amusement park date.’

 

==

 

Hyejoo loves churros, who doesn’t right? But she really really loves it. Chaewon could only laugh when Hyejoo munching on churros with full mouth, making her cheeks chubbier than usual. Chaewon kept watching while eating her own churros, but being the slow eater that she is Hyejoo finished long before her. The sun was setting and it was almost time to go home. Today has been fun, even though Chaewon was terrified when Hyejoo force her to ride Viking and when Hyejoo spin the cup ride too fast and Chaewon swore she almost puked. They even met Jinsoul by accident who was filming Jinsoul TV. Chaewon was ready to go home, shower then sleep for a long time. It was fun but it was really tiring. Just as she plopped the last of her churros into , Hyejoo dragged her by the wrist. When Chaewon finally catch up with Hyejoo’s pace Hyejoo let go of her wrist, Chaewon was slightly disappointed by that but then Hyejoo being Hyejoo interlock their fingers together instead and Chaewon felt butterflies on her tummy.

 

==

 

When Hyejoo drag her to a park nearby their dorm after a long bus ride Chaewon is nervous, Hyejoo still holding her hand tightly, she feels like she might burst. They both end up sitting on the bench, the park being absent of people as children who usually run around are probably eating dinner made by their mother at home by now. Hyejoo commented on how she was hungry. Chaewon couldn’t concentrate on what Hyejoo is saying when the younger girl is playing with her fingers. Hyejoo ran her thumb to each and every one of Chaewon’s fingers lightly, inviting goosebumps all over Chaewon’s body. They end up eating tteokbokki for dinner together after Hyejoo screamed how she was hungry once again.

 

==

 

Chaewon finally find out that she is indeed special to Son Hyejoo when Hyejoo brazenly profess her feelings for Chaewon. Scratch that, she is actually really embarrass but act like she is not. Hyejoo is as red as her favorite watermelon, the redness even reaching her ears. “Unnie I like you. Let’s date.” Hyejoo said it simple and short but sounding like she wants to fight Chaewon instead of dating her. Hyejoo cover half of her face with her hand, waiting for Chaewon to answer, getting redder as time pass. Chaewon is stunned but after some very awkward silence she nodded her head and said “O-Okay” her cheeks burning up even more than before. It’s not the romantic confession Chaewon had hopped for when she imagine someone she likes asking her out.

 

Chaewon dare herself to take Hyejoo’s hand, only half succeeding since she only manages to grab Hyejoo’s index and middle fingers. Hyejoo look down at her, eyes longingly looking at Chaewon. Chaewon stopped breathing when Hyejoo pecked her lips. It lasted no more than a second and Chaewon whished it was longer but they both quickly looked down, too shy to met each other gaze after their first kiss.  Being called a princess has made Chaewon think that she would end up with a prince riding a white horse, but this is far better than what she would think. Her prince is a girl and she is Son Hyejoo, her soulmate. Black horse would probably suit Hyejoo more than white horses though.