Still the One

A Glimpse of What Could've Been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Living without you is a life worth not living.

I have what they call a successful, happy bachelor life. Many are envious of my lifestyle as a known lawyer at a reputable law firm known internationally for its high quality service to the people. Its a very stable job and I am living comfortably by myself because my parents are living their best retirement life on the other side of the country. Aside from being a lawyer, I also invest some of my time and resources into multi million companies through stock investments. I could have whatever I want in a snap, whenever and wherever I want it but this life despite its glamour and comfort is a very dull life. I work day and night not for a living but just to go on with my life. So I can forget a part of me dying in this miserable place without her.

She is the light to the dark that I've succumb to. The strength that pushed me to carry on and the love that has shaken me to the core.

My Jinri.

I heaved a sigh. Its a gloomy day, I'm in a funeral for our former director in the law firm. He is a good man and he gives me advice whenever my mind is troubled. He's a great loss not just to the firm but to everyone around him. I stood up and pay my respect to his grave when a butterfly suddenly landed on my shoulder.

While reaching for it, the beautiful creature flew away and so I directed my eyes to where it is travelling.
And suddenly, I feel my self running towards that same direction. I'm running not to chase the butterfly but to go closer to the person I thought I'll never see again.

Closer and closer, I can confirm that it is her. She doesn't seem to feel me running towards her because her eyes are closed as if she's praying in front of a small tomb

And then, with all the strength that I can muster I crushed her unto my chest giving her the tightest hug I could ever give. Then she starts struggling and push me off her

“H-Hey, who are you?!”

“Jinri”

“S-Sehun?!”

She turned rigid, seemed to be very shocked on what is happening. , it is really her. She's here with me.
I'm never letting her go again.

“Love, its me Sehun. Your Sehun” I said while trying to stop my eyes from tearing up.

“Sehun, what are you-how did you know I’m here?” Jinri asked.

“This is destiny, love. It is fate that has brought us together that is why I'm never letting you go again.”

“N-No, Sehun, no. We can't be together, just go already and forget about me. Reach your dreams and have a comfortable life. I'm fine on my own, Hun.” She said while struggling to get out from my embrace.

“No way will I ever let you go Jinri, what are you doing? What is happening and why did you leave?”

“Sehun, please”

“Choi Jinri! Can you please listen to me? I need you. I love you so much!” 

She started crying so I reach my hand unto her face to wipe her tears. It breaks me to see her crying like this. She stop struggling and embrace me while crying her eyes out so I lead her to sit down unto the grass.

Several minutes has passed by before she calmed down while I'm embracing her and caressing her hair.

“Love, what happened? Why did you leave? We love each other right so why did you leave when I'm reaching for our dreams, when I needed you the most?” I asked calmly. It hurts but I will not let anger to prevail because I will not get answers if my mind will be clouded with anger.

“Hun, things are complicated back then. And back then, me leaving is the only answer to your success. It seemed that I'm correct, look at you now. You look successful.” She answered while looking at the tree not far away from us.

“Jinri, you're wrong. I will never have success without you. Tell me the truth, why did you leave?” I said while facing her, looking directly in her eyes.

After contemplating for a few minutes, she finally told me the truth to her disappearance. 

And I felt anger to myself, I cried while she explains everything that happened.

Apparently, my father talked to her and ask her to sacrifice for me. Being a lawyer is not easy that is why my father thought that it wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter