final

TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU, PLEASE SAY YES TO ME

You can see the characters from my tweet 

https://twitter.com/yoko__mitsu__07/status/1227572030905577477?s=19

****

Yamamoto Ryo had known Kiriyama Haruna for a long time. Starting from a neighbor to a playmate then to be senior and junior in school. Ryo was known as a cold-hearted senior in school and Haruna wasn’t having any of it. Most students were afraid of Ryo, but not with Haruna.

 

Haruna wasn’t cocky or what, but she had the authorities. She was the student council president and any crime committed by students in school were handled by her and she knew the right way how to handle a Yamamoto Ryo that was why Haruna became the easiest target of the said girl to annoy with.

 

Yes, Haruna was her neighbor and playmate once. But everything changed since the summer from 3 years ago when Haruna just turned 14 and Ryo was no longer the same Ryo that Haruna could remember. She became colder and stopped caring for the younger girl. To be honest, Haruna was mad at Ryo for not saying anything to her. Anything that was troubling her. And she didn’t. Since then, Haruna stopped caring at her supposed to be childhood friend.

 

Ryo was only a year older than Haruna. Ryo was the top of her class. She never missed any single classes that she had even though she was bored to stay inside. Haruna wasn’t the exact opposite of Ryo, but she wasn’t the same too.

 

Ryo was too convenient. Only let out to say something important and ignore the rest of thing. Ryo was so hard to open up. She was smart and well-known amongst the teachers and students. Oh don’t forget that she was also the boy’s aim whenever she saw them. Luckily she wasn’t interested in them. Because someone might get jealous if she had fallen for a boy.

 

Ryo was cold-hearted, yes. But that didn’t mean that she was a loner. She had a couple of friends. Fujiwara Nanase and Yamato Gin. If a comedian were included as her friend, then yes. Nakano Jun was one of them too.

 

Meanwhile, Haruna was different. Haruna was bright and cheerful. She was almost like a sun inside the school. Her presence and personality were perfect with her image. She was stern but that only happened during a serious moment. People who had met Haruna would say that the sun would lose its job due to the bright smile that she had.

 

Haruna was an admirable person. She might be young, but she was wise. She could accept any consultation from the students’ who had troubles on something and Haruna could provide the answer if they needed it and of course they would.

 

And that personality of hers often made her became the easiest to tease and to annoy. Yamamoto Ryo was one of them. Even though Ryo never made it to seem like it was directed to her, Haruna could see it. She knew who Ryo was and she knew how Ryo acted whenever she was in her mood. And whenever it happened, Haruna would be the one to stop her. But it wasn’t the same anymore.

 

Haruna was chosen as the student council president during the chaos that happened on the second semester of her first year. Student council was so chaotic that the teacher couldn’t do anything to it. But luckily her best friend, Fujinami Kei, helped her during the hard time. Not only was the introvert girl her friend. But school’s Tachibana twins, Rei and Sana, and the girlfriend of the comedian, Minamikawa Serika, and the school’s visual Nagiichi Kanata too.

 

It was just another of a usual day when the students could see Haruna and Ryo starting to bicker whenever they met in the school. Whether it was the cafeteria or in front of the student council room or even in front of Haruna’s class. And whenever they bickered, no one would apologize. As childish as that sounded.

 

“YAMAMOTO RYO! How many times do I need to tell you that the music lab wasn’t yours? Ms. Hashimoto kept on complaining to me for god’s sake.” Haruna complained while rubbing her temple. She was so agitated since this morning and this little head decided to add more pain. . Yamamoto Ryo was a pain in the .

 

After hearing Haruna’s voice, Ryo stopped and only whipped her head a little. That music lab that Haruna said was literally claimed as hers by no one else but herself. Sometimes Haruna wanted to slap that cocky face and that cold expression from Ryo’s face. But she couldn’t do any of it since Ryo’s mother personally asked her to take care of Ryo.

 

“Why do you care, Haru? Music lab isn’t your forte and Ms. Hashimoto is the one in charge, right?” Ryo asked coldly. She ignored Haruna and continued doing her stuffs inside the music lab. She was sitting on the piano stool that was located near the window.

 

Haruna couldn’t really believe her ears. Did Ryo just say it to her like that? Why did she care anyway? Just like what Ryo asked. She was starting to question herself. Why did she care huh? She could feel part of her shattered. How could Ryo ask something as easy like that?

 

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Yamamoto. I didn’t give a on anything related to you. But I cared for my school and the well beings inside. If rule breakers like you exists, I will be the one to stop them because it is one of my jobs. And none of it is your concern.” Ryo didn’t expect that Haruna to be as mad as that because she knew that no matter how hard Ryo pushed the button, Haruna would endure and talk about it softly. Ryo could hear something break from somewhere deep inside her heart. That wasn’t what she wanted.

 

“So let me say this one more time. Stop all of this acts, return to your class or I’ll be the one to recommend the teachers to rethink about your student exchange program. You know that I have the right to do so, Ryo.” Haruna turned her back after saying that to Ryo, leaving her alone inside that room.

 

Ryo exhaled her breath harshly. She knew she did something wrong to the younger girl but she couldn’t do anything to it. Haruna was one to forgive, but Ryo knew that she wasn’t one to be forgiven. Not after what she did to the younger girl. She felt sorry, but she was having a hard time on expressing what she wanted to other people.

 

Not wanting to stay much later on the room, Ryo let out the last sigh before she left the room to look for her best friends that supposed to be in class right now. But none of them would happen if they were school’s troublemaker and the busy club president. And Ryo knew the exact place where they would be at during this kind of time.

 

 

The sound of harshly opened door filled the room where Fujinami Kei and Tachibana Rei were currently at. Both of them were looking at the figure unfazed. Both of them knew what the reason she was acting like that. More to be, why Kiriyama Haruna was acting like that.

 

“What is it this time, Haru?” Kei gently asked as Rei made her girlfriend’s head leaned on her shoulder.

 

Haruna sighed as she slumped on her throne (the leather chair that she was using inside the council’s office). She let out a tired sigh and looked at Kei with a hint of desperation glint on her orbs. “I don’t understand her anymore, Kei.” Haruna hid her face between her folded arms. Rei and Kei always understood the reason why Haruna was like that.

 

“Did you manage to talk to her?” Rei asked while caressing her girlfriend’s hair gently. Haruna sighed. If only talking with Ryo was that easy.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Rei asked again. Haruna shook her head. She needed to rethink everything. Ryo was making everything became so difficult.

 

Kei shot a knowing look to Rei which was answered with a soft smile and a peck on Kei’s forehead. “I’ll see you later, babe.” Rei said before she left Kei and Haruna alone.

 

Maybe Kei knew what was bothering Haruna the most. She’d been working with Haruna for more than 3 years and she knew exactly how to pry any information from the girl. But this time, she didn’t want to start it since it might be a little bit personal.

 

“I don’t understand Ryo anymore. She would act like she care when she actually didn’t and act like an whenever she had the chance to do so. What did she want from me?” Haruna ranted in front of Kei with her chin above her folded hands. Haruna was fuming inside because of her current situation with her childhood friend. She wanted them to be like how they used to be. But why was everything so hard on her part?

 

Kei smiled. She knew what’s wrong with her best friends. “Haru, I think you know about this already. So, can I ask one thing from you?” Kei gently asked. Haruna was curious about the thing that Kei was going to ask her.

 

“Do you know that Ryo is actually in love with you?” Kei asked. Haruna didn’t look taken back from the question but it managed to make her exhaled her breath.

 

“I knew. She wasn’t subtle about it. I meanI’m a little bit stupid when it already came to love. But I’m not that oblivious until I can’t see her feelings. I could read her better than herself.” Haruna scoffed. Almost everyone in her school knew about Ryo’s crush on her. Haruna wasn’t stupid.

 

Kei was looking at Haruna with a soft smile. The girl was troubled on some aspects of her own life and she couldn’t really control it. Kei wanted to help Haruna on figuring something out but that wasn’t her problem. Haruna needed to think about it alone.

 

Haruna sighed again. She looked around her and realized that the amount of her paperwork were reducing. She remembered that it was piling up yesterday. But today, it had gone almost halfway. She looked at Kei that was showing her sheepish smile. Haruna and Kei laughed together on their stupidity. “You didn’t tell me that you’d already finished half of them.” Haruna teased. Kei shook her head and laughed along with Haruna.

 

“Well, Ms. Hashimoto came here after you left for Ryo. She was asking for the proposal that she made. You’ve already signed it beforehand. So I just needed to review if it’s worth your approval.” Kei explained. Haruna nodded her head and looked for another papers on her desk.

 

Haruna noticed that there was a nice proposal from the cooking club. She showed a small smile and read it seriously, ignoring Kei who was looking at her with a pure curiosity on her eyes. “Kei, take out the stamp. I’m going to give an approval for this one.” Haruna commanded without looking at the said girl. Kei was so curious but she did what Haruna asked. She took out the stamp from her table and walked behind Haruna’s table to read the proposal that she was reading. Sometimes, Haruna could be so concentrated that a single noise could piss her off.

 

“Tell me your opinion, Kei. Should we give it our approval or not?” Haruna asked. She already had a smile on her face but it was hard to give it a decent decision. Kei knitted her eyebrows. The proposal’s writing was oddly a little bit familiar.

 

“It should be okay if we have the perfect timing for it. Examples, school’s birthday or any other celebrations. But I think we need to talk to Nanase first about this project. I’m afraid that we’re going to have a misunderstanding if we didn’t talk to Nanase.” Kei answered. Haruna nodded her head and agreed on what Kei was saying. But the said girl was a little bit busy and occupied with her own thoughts that Haruna was too confused to see.

 

Haruna couldn’t see Kei walking back and forth with her hands on her hips while thinking about something. “Are you looking for something?” Haruna asked. She couldn’t stand watching Kei walking like that in front of her. It made her dizzy and irritated at the same time.

 

“Do you remember the location where we put our documents from last year?” Haruna looked at her with a mocking expression.

 

“Excuse me? You were the one who organized them?” Haruna questioningly said. Kei looked at her with a frown on her face.

 

“Yes I knew that I was the one to organize it but I remembered that I placed them on this rack.” Kei muttered to herself as she looked at the shelf inside the room.

 

Haruna wanted to slap Kei for being so forgetful despite being the genius she was. Both of them were the top from their year. But Kei always lost because of her forgetful side. Oh gosh. How Haruna wanted to throw Kei away just because of that side of hers.

 

“Kei, I might need to remind you that you are the one who reorganized every single thing inside the office.” Haruna sarcastically said. But Kei only scratched her head and turned around to look at her surroundings. Haruna should have been more thoughtful when Kei offered herself to do something for the council. And now she needed other members’ presence to be here in order to help Kei on remembering things.

 

Haruna scoffed to herself as she took out her phone. She surfed into her contacts and looked for someone reliable to help Kei during this kind of time because Haruna surely couldn’t help without getting both frustrated and irritated. And none of the council’s members wanted to see them arguing to each other.

 

“Serika? Are you with Sana and Kanata right now? I need your help for your favorite penguin.” Kei turned her head almost immediately when she heard Haruna mentioning her favorite animal and probably taking about her. Kei shot her best friend with her deadliest glare with hope Haruna could understand what she meant. But Haruna returned her glare with ‘You’re not going to disobey me’ kind of glare. Kei stomped her feet on the floor because of Haruna’s decision and she was so mad.

 

“Yes, everything is fine. I need you to come to the office in 10 before emperor penguin destroys the things inside.” Haruna stated which made Kei almost threw a heavy book directed to her best friend. Haruna then hung up the call and placed her phone on the table as she looked at her best friend with a pure mock on her face. And now, she was only waiting for the time she would argue with Kei. This best friends were something after all.

 

 

Once Haruna hung up the call, Minamikawa Serika sighed. She was about to spend her time with her girlfriend, Jun, but it seemed like world were not that kind to her. She was with Sana and Kanata when Haruna called. She didn’t dare to disturb her favorite sisters’ moments, but Haruna needed them now.

 

“Sacchan, Kana-chan, emergency call.” Serika softly said as she stood from her spot. Sana and Kanata looked up and smiled to each other.

 

“Kei and Haruna again?” Sana asked. Sometimes she wondered how her older sister managed to find someone as bizarre and as ridiculous as her. Not that she minded but it just amazed her.

 

Sana saw how Serika nodded her head. She was disappointed that she couldn’t meet her girlfriend right now. Sana knew how hard it was for Serika to hide her relationship with Jun. Serika was the heir of the school they were studying at and her relationship with someone like Jun couldn’t be leaked. No matter if Jun was the same with her.

 

“Go ahead, Serika. We can handle Kei and Haruna.” Kanata said as she saw Serika’s face expression. Serika gave them a grateful smile and headed to her girlfriend’s lair.

 

Serika and Jun had been together for almost 2 years now. At first, none of them told their friends knew about their relationship as that would only make them in danger. Jun and Serika’s parents were friend and they were banned from having a relationship unless they had graduated from all their studies. But Jun and Serika couldn’t wait for that long. So, they decided to keep their relationship in secret. At least until they graduated from high school.

 

She was heading toward the school’s old music room that Serika had secretly renovated into a cozy place which only her and her girlfriend that knew about that room. Well, sometimes they made out inside there, but mostly they spent their times together by doing their own things or joked with each other or made music together when they had some inspiration.

 

Serika loved Jun so much that it would kill her from inside for keeping their relationship as a secret. She knew her parents would support her relationship with Jun no matter what happened. But that was what scared her the most. She was afraid of disappointing the trust and faith that her parents put on her. Sometimes it became her biggest fear.

 

She stopped walking when she already arrived at her destination. Jun liked freedom and she always skipped most of her classes with some of her friends. But no matter how rebellious Jun was, Serika was there for her. Because Serika knew that Jun always thought of her as her home. No matter what. They were each other’s support whenever one of them was down or upset.

 

Serika looked at the door hesitantly. Wondering if she should go inside or returned to her best friends’ place to join them. But she needed and wanted to see Jun. even if Jun didn’t want to meet her because of the last fight that happened between them.

 

She shouldn’t have let her ego got ahead of herself. She was barely controlled whenever she was frustrated or irritated or even when she was upset. That was something that Jun hated from Serika. A bad habit that Serika couldn’t even erase. Jun always avoided her whenever Serika lost the control of her emotions and that was the best option ever. Because the guilt was eating Serika alive after she lashed out.

 

Serika sighed as she reached for the knob and twisted it to open the door. The low yellowish lamp lighted the inside of the room and she could see the person that she wanted to meet from yesterday. Jun was sitting there with her head leaned on the other side of the couch while her feet were stretched onto the other end of the couch. The air conditioner was on and Jun’s body was wrapped in a fluffy black hoody. Serika blushed. That was her hoody that Jun was wearing. Serika walked into the room and closed the door as quiet as she could since she didn’t want to disturb Jun from her sleep.

 

She sat on another couch that was located a little bit far from the one Jun was using, since she needed to work on her next music project for the competition that her school had decided to join. Both Serika and Jun were known not only as school’s comedian, but also as the youngest music producers in music industry. Their names were mentioned in many kinds of media outlets after since they uploaded one of the demos that they had created on Serika’s YouTube channel and school’s official website.

 

The demos they uploaded were a huge hit and they had many music producing related offers coming to them. Of course, they would accept it. Being a music producer was their dreams after all. Serika smiled fondly as she remembered about the promise she made with Jun once they graduated.

 

“I would want to build a music related things with you too, Jun.” Serika muttered quietly and continued working on her project with a soft smile on plastered on her face.

 

Jun was awake when she heard a nice melody from the room. She remembered that she was sleeping alone before. Maybe it was her hallucination but she could hear her girlfriend’s singing voice. She rubbed her eyes first before she got up and looked around her. Her girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. But she knew, her girlfriend was there. She left the couch to fix herself and walked toward the other room inside there.

 

Her girlfriend was indeed there when she peeked from the slight gap of the opened door. She was recording something for now. Jun wanted to join but she couldn’t. So, she let Serika recorded the song alone. Jun knew that her action the other day was wrong and she needed to apologize. Hopefully she could do it once Serika finished.

 

She sat on the couch where she was sleeping at and hugged the hoody to keep her warm. Jun was hungry and she wanted to eat her favorite food, but she didn’t want to disturb her girlfriend by adding more unnecessary voices in the ground. She knew Serika wouldn’t mind but it cost a lot of time to record again. She took out her phone and decided to ask her best friend to buy her some food. She wanted to ask her friend Nagisa to buy her some, but remembering that her friend became the source of her problem with Serika, Jun decided to ask Nanase to bring her some free cookies.

 

Serika got out from her recording room after she finished the project that she needed to finish. She didn’t notice that Jun had already woken up from her sleep and sat on another couch inside the room. “Done?” Jun asked softly to Serika. Serika looked up and widen her eyes. She was speechless when she saw Jun sitting right in front of her with that smile of hers.

 

All of sudden, Serika started to feel guilty of her actions from previous day. She shouldn’t have lashed out on Jun like that. She didn’t let Jun explain anything and just went mad without any particular reason. She lowered her head, feeling ashamed of herself. Her actions were the reason why Jun was mad at her after all. But she couldn’t help it. It was in her nature after all. Her eyes were getting glassy because of tears. It was the guilt that she pent up inside.

 

“I’m sorry.” Serika muttered slowly. Her voice started to shake as the tears flowed down.

 

Jun immediately rushed toward her girlfriend soon after the said girl broke down into tears. The sight of Serika crying was so painful for Jun to see. That was one of the reason of why she didn’t want Serika to cry. But she just made the girl cry yesterday. Somehow, Jun always thought that she didn’t deserve Serika. Serika was so kind to her. No matter what she did, Serika would always forgive her easily. As if she didn’t do anything wrong.

 

“Hey it’s okay. It’s okay. Don’t cry anymore.” Jun didn’t know how to calm her girlfriend. But she knew that she would be there in a heartbeat for Serika whenever the girl was down or upset. She would be there to comfort her whenever she was in her lowest part of her life. She would do everything to make her happy. Because Serika was the reason of why Jun was able to be herself.

 

Serika calmed down when Jun started to sing the song that Jun sang to confess her feelings to Serika.

 

I feel happy happy happy (U U U)
I’m glad that I was able to meet you
No matter when
And no matter what happens
I wanna be with you
Happy happy happy (U U U)
I can imagine it
A future that I’ve drawn
That I can gravitate towards
That’s why be with you

 

It was so hard for Jun not to cry in front of Serika as she sobbed inside her arms. Jun reminded herself for not being a jerk after what she did to her girlfriend. “It’s okay. No matter what happen later on, we’ll be okay. And I’m sorry too because of my action.” Jun didn’t know how to put it in words, but she was willing to try fix her bad habits for Serika.

 

“Please tell Nagisa that I’m sorry for my action to her.” Serika said as she hid herself more on the crook of Jun’s neck. And that managed to make Jun smiled. No matter how harsh Serika could be on someone, she always felt bad after that. Serika was so kind toward other people. And that showed of Serika’s soft side that she always had.

 

“I love you, Serika. I love you so much.” Jun whispered softly on Serika’s right ear. And Serika had that beautiful smile plastered on her lips.

 

 

If there was something Ryo was grateful for, that would be how her best friends managed to understand her more than anything else. Just like now. When she entered the cooking club’s room, she found Nanase and Gin talking to each other with a soft smile. And when she got inside, both of them stopped talking and offered her a smile. Ryo then took a seat next to Gin and leaned her head on the chair. Gin and Nanase wouldn’t pry unless they needed to do so and Ryo was so thankful at them for being so considerate to her.

 

“Haru again, Ryo?” Nanase asked softly while trying to finish decorating her freshly baked cookies. Gin was already drooling at the sight of Nanase’s mouth-watering cookies.

 

Ryo was hoping that Nanase wouldn’t ask her that on this kind of time. She was so helpless. Why did she act like a real jerk to Haruna earlier? It was as if Gin noticed something wrong from her best friend, her eyes turned serious and ready to listen to everything Ryo wanted to let out. “You crossed your line, didn’t you?” Gin asked seriously. Ryo sighed louder this time.

 

Gin might be known as the most playful person Ryo had known, but no one should mess with her or her friends. “What did you do, Ryo? It doesn’t like you to cross the line.” Nanase asked gently as she pushed the tray aside to let them cool.

 

“I told her to stop caring about me when she found me inside the music room.” Ryo clenched her jaw when she remembered of what she’d done to Haruna. She didn’t know that her action will end up as a boomerang to her. She didn’t say it with that kind of meaning.

 

“What did you tell her?” Gin looked so ing scary when she was serious. And Ryo was afraid if Gin would actually be mad at her when she told her the truth.

 

Ryo was scared on admitting her mistakes, but if making Gin mad equals with getting her mind right and put her into the right place, then she wouldn’t mind if she was met with Gin’s wrath. She should be honest with them, or else. “Are you going to tell me or not?” Gin raised one of her eyebrows to Ryo.

 

Ryo scoffed when she heard that. “That’s rich coming from you.” Ryo stated. Ryo knew that she shouldn’t have done it when Gin’s intention was to help her. That was why she was feeling ty right at that moment. “I asked her why she cared for me and that ty music lab when it wasn’t her own business.” Ryo sighed as she closed her eyes.

 

“Girl, Haruna is technically student council’s president. Of course she cared.” Gin answered as she took a piece of Nanase’s failed cookies. Ryo hissed when the cookie landed on her forehead. Nanase shook her head after looking at the childish act from the two. “I mean, I know that she is the student council’s president. But she was different when she was with me. And I’m scared that it would betray my expectation that I have about her.” Ryo answered honestly. Nanase and Gin looked at each other first before smiling at each other.

 

“How could she believe you when you are the one who act like that? Giving her the cold shoulder without any proper reason? Of course she would act like that.” Nanase tried to explain it without hurting the girl’s feelings.

 

“Well, let me tell you something. You act so cold to Haruna because of your goddamn feelings. But then you approached her while trying to annoy her. What exactly do you want, Ryo? Let me tell you. You’re not as subtle as you think. Even the whole school know that you were trying to court the girl. And looked at what you get right now. The exact cold shoulder from Haruna. Serves you right.”

 

Ryo wanted to get mad at Gin for rubbing the fact on her face, but she was right. Haruna didn’t deserve that treatment from her. Not when she was nothing but good to her. She should apologize to Haruna. But the question that popped up in her mind was how??? Ryo was never good on apologizing. Because she was never needed to do such a thing.

 

“I need to talk to my other half. She can help me think” Ryo said as she straightened her posture. Nanase only gave her a bored look. “And when will you talk to her? All of us know that you’re now that fond of Ryoma.” Gin burst into a laughter fit after hearing what Nanase said. Okay. Ryo definitely deserved it. But it wasn’t entirely wrong though. Ryoma and Ryo used to have some kind of past that Ryo didn’t want to mention.

 

“FINE! I’ll talk to Fuuma instead.”

 

But she regretted it immediately. She could die from embarrassment if she tried to talk to Fuuma. But Ryoma and Fuuma were the only people who could help her solving her current dilemma. “Never mind. I’ll just talk to Ryoma when I met her.” Ryo said as she shook her head.

 

“I’ll just pray that you’re still in one shape after you talked to her.” Gin said to Ryo.

 

Nanase sighed and shook her head. Gin and Ryo were always like that. Never serious in everything. But that was the first time in forever for Ryo to let out her feelings. “Anyway, Gin could help you sorting out your problems. I’ll leave you 2 alone. But remember, don’t make any other mess here. I need to use it for today’s club.” Nanase said as she cleaned the room and packed some of the cookies inside of 2 cute plastics.

 

“Where’re you going?” Gin asked as she nonchalantly stole one cookies from the tray located by her side. Nanase didn’t say anything to Gin, but Ryo knew.

 

“I’m going to the student council’s office to discuss about the event that cooking club is planning to do and I need to bring this to Jun since she said that she’s starving.” Nanase answered as she gave Gin stink eyes for literally making mess after she cleaned the table.

 

“I’ll pick you up after school. See you, babe.” Gin said with full with cookies. If only Nanase didn’t love her, Gin would’ve died from the way Nanase glared at her.

 

“I’ll see you two later.” Nanase bid them her goodbye before leaving the 2 of them alone. She was sure that the cooking club’s room would be chaotic when she returned later.

 

 

The rest of the day flew so fast than what Sana had predicted. It had gotten dark when she got out from her last class. It had already become her everyday routine. To say that Sana was used to her schedule was an understatement. Sana was never used with how busy her school life was. She was tired, but she couldn’t say it out loud. Because Rei was the same with her. They were living under the pressure of their parents. But despite how busy they made her and Rei to be, they never get mad at them.

 

Sana was walking down around the school’s parking area when she spotted her sister’s car was still neatly parked. She smiled and kept on walking until she saw her crush waiting for her by the gate with her Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 right beside her.

 

Sana was so happy when she saw Kanata waiting for her. Sana knew that Kanata’s schedule was different with hers and Kanata’s class ended earlier than hers, but she still waited for her and that managed to make Sana’s heart fluttered.

 

“Kana” Sana called softly.

 

The moment Kanata turned her head to face the caller, Sana was stunned. She knew Kanata was so pretty that she was claimed as school’s favorite type to date. But Kanata was never one to show off and that honestly made Sana glad. She knew that there was a line of girls and boys trying to win Kanata’s heart, but she was the one that Kanata chose and it made Sana felt so grateful.

 

“Long day?” Kanata asked as she handed Sana the helmet. She noticed about the exhausted look from Sana’s face and she understand easily. Kanata didn’t need to someone to tell her twice, she immediately pulled Sana toward her and engulfed the girl into a hug. Sana melted almost immediately into the strong arm of her soon-to-be girlfriend.

 

Kanata smiled. She always knew how to make Sana felt calm. Kanata might not be showing it directly to Sana about her worries, but deep down she was so scared that she was doing something wrong that could disappoint both of them in the process. “Let’s go home. I’ll stay with you for tonight.” Sana was actually startled when Kanata suggested something that she had never done before, but she was content that way. 

 

Sana had never been so sure in her life before. And when she closed her eyes, she had made her choice. This was what she wanted. Stayed inside someone’s arms and protected from any of the dark feelings inside her. Kanata was doing that to her. She wouldn’t waste any more time and stayed unsure. She wouldn’t do that to Kanata. Not when she deserved anything better than what Sana could give to her.

 

“Anyone home today?” Kanata asked when she broke the hug. Sana shook her head as the answer and smiled.

 

“It’s only me tonight. Rei is staying with Kei until next week I think.” Sana answered as she put on the helmet. Even though Kanata kind of helped her, Sana still considered it as an achievement. Rei was always the one who did things for her.

 

Kanata hopped onto the bike first then helped Sana from hopping onto the bike. Sana was used to Kanata taking her everywhere with her favorite red Ferrari, but looking Kanata brought her bike, it made Sana’s heart roared. It showed her manly side.

 

“What do you want for dinner?” Kanata asked once she started her bike and rode her bike slowly, not wanting to scare the girl that she was taking home.

 

Sana didn’t really crave for anything that time, but she was curious on tasting some new taste. “Can we have some Korean?” Sana asked softly. Not that Kanata would reject even if she didn’t want it. “Sure.” And Sana was contented that way. Kanata made her comfortable and Sana was ready to give the girl her answer right there and then.

 

By the time they got home, Sana hopped down from the bike and opened the gate for Kanata to enter. Sana closed the gate and locked the said thing before she got into her house. Kanata removed her helmet and hopped down from her bike after she removed the key. She saw Sana opened the door and smiled toward her. “Come in, Kana.” Sana invited and Kanata’s heart buzzed in warmth. She wanted Sana to be hers. And she knew better. She followed Sana into the house and smiled.

 

Sana the lights inside the house. Sana’s house was slightly bigger than Kanata’s and it showed how lonely it was. Sana only lived inside that house with Rei and sometimes one of them wouldn’t stay inside the house. Rei was the less frequent one because sometimes Kei would stay over at theirs and spent their time together.

 

“I’ll go take out the dishes. What do you want to drink, Kana?” Kanata looked at Sana for a while before she answered the question. “Just water will be fine to me.” and after that, Sana headed to the kitchen and prepared the dishes. Kanata could only watch her back disappeared into the kitchen with a small fond smile on her face.

 

Kanata took a seat on the dining table. Her mind was wandering somewhere. Sana was there and here she was, still waiting for the girl’s answer. Sure Sana said that she needed time, but she couldn’t wait any longer. She needed Sana to answer her.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” Sana’s sudden appearance broke her train of thoughts and when she looked up, she found Sana looking at her with that beautiful smile. It was doing something to Kanata’s heart and it made her became more impatient than before.

 

Sana placed all the dishes on the table while Kanata tried to help her. They finally finished setting everything on the table 15 minutes later. Kanata was eating peacefully and Sana was looking at her with the gentle stare that could melt everyone who saw it. And Kanata noticed that Sana was looking at her and hadn’t even touched her own food.

 

“Is there something on my face?” Kanata asked gently. Sana showed her grin and finally started to dig into her own food.

 

In the middle of eating, Sana looked at Kanata again. But this time, she didn’t stop her hand from feeding the food into . Then her mind thought of something. “Hey, Kana. Can I ask?” Sana gently asked as she lowered her utensils and put it on her plate.

 

“Sure.” Kanata answered albeit suspiciously, because Sana would never have to ask her something.

 

Sana smiled widely and her eyes were turned up into the curves that reminded Kanata of Crescent moon “After this dinner, will you officially be my girlfriend?” Kanata looked so surprised when Sana asked her that. Honestly, Kanata was waiting for any answer from the girl. But she didn’t expect Sana to be the one to ask her the sacred question. And it made Kanata chuckled.

 

“And here I thought it was a question regarding school.” Kanata sighed fondly.

 

Sana grinned and she looked at Kanata with her eyes twinkling so bright under the lamp. “Of course, I will. I thought you will never answer my question anymore.” Kanata said as she continued eating her food. And Sana was squealing happily as if she had won a million Yen.

 

 

One month had passed so fast since the last accident that Haruna had with Ryo. And ever since then, Ryo never failed to annoy Haruna even more than before. It was as if Ryo couldn’t bear to live a day without teasing her favorite person in the school, even though she always got an earful after she did that. Mostly from Nanase and Gin.

 

But for today, Haruna hadn’t seen the said girl’s presence since morning. Not that she was looking for her, but it was certainly weird for the older girl not to annoy her.

 

Haruna was alone inside the student council office trying to finish the pile of documents that she had left for about 2 weeks now. Kei was outside with Rei having their own lunch while the rest of the members were having their own quality time. Not gonna lie, she was kind of jealous with them. Her friends could spend their time with their loved one together. Meanwhile, here she was. Stuck in a cramped office with her almost stuck brain. Too tired to think.

 

Her stomach had been ringing since earlier, but she couldn’t find the time to sneak out and enjoyed her breakfast since she needed to finish all the documents. If only she remembered most of the documents were due today and the next day of tomorrow, she probably wouldn’t skip her breakfast and lunch.

 

She didn’t remember of how much she’d been sighing since earlier, but she was really hungry and needed to eat. Her head was starting to hurt a bit as she continued doing the documents. Eventually, Haruna gave up and placed her heavy head on her folded arms as she started to close her eyes. She needed to be patient, since today was exactly the same with the previous many days. If only Ryo was here

 

“Haruna! There’s a delivery for you.” Someone burst into the room without any knocks or greetings. And she could tell that the person was very rude judging from how loud her steps were. Begrudgingly, Haruna raised her head and her eyes met with the eyes of one of the students that she despised the most.

 

“Yamato Gin!” Haruna groaned under her breath. Gin was honestly lucky because she managed to get inside the room with the amount of ruckus she had made and without any earful of lectures Haruna usually gave. “You better have any decent reason for bursting in like a robber.” Haruna growled before she was back with her uptight body position.

 

Gin was looking at Haruna with her skeptical look. She noticed that something was off with Haruna, but she didn’t want to be nosy. She knew what privacy meant and she decided to keep it that way. “Here.” Gin put down a container on her table. It was almost like a lunch box. But she didn’t want to let her thoughts got ahead of herself. “Ryo asked me to give it to you. she was preparing herself for the upcoming final.” Gin explained as if she understood Haruna’s confusion.

 

“Thanks a lot. Send my best regards for Ryo. You can leave now.” Haruna wasn’t sure of what she was feeling right now. Gin was looking at Haruna with a smile before she finally decided to leave the girl alone there. at least, she did what Ryo wanted by delivering that lunch box to Haruna. Ryo asked her to lie a bit about the reason why Gin was the one who sent it to Haruna.

 

Haruna opened the lunch box and she was honestly surprised when she saw the contents inside the box. It was full with every single things that Haruna liked. Underneath the box, there was a note folded and tucked neatly. Haruna took it and wondering about what Ryo had written on the note.

 

‘STOP BEING SUCH A RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR COUNCIL WORKS AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR OWN SELF, GOD DAMN IT.

 

I KNOW YOU WOULDN’T ENJOY FOODS FROM CAFETERIA THAT MUCH, THAT IS WHY I MADE YOU THIS.

 

I HOPE YOU WILL STOP FROM BEING SUCH A RESPONSIBLE AND ANNOYING BECAUSE YOU ARE TROUBLING ME BETWEEN TAKING CARE OF YOU OR MAKING YOU ANNOYED.

 

Ignore the text above that I’ve written. That is clearly not me well, it was technically me, but I didn’t mean it, okay. you need to take care of your health more, Haru. I can’t afford to see you sick and laying on that uncomfortable hospital bed again.’

 

Haruna smiled as she read the note. Ryo might be annoying to her, but she did have her own way to care for her and somehow that side of Ryo made her heart fluttered. Ryo was sweet to her, but sometimes her sweet side was covered by that annoying attitude of hers.

 

Eventually, Haruna picked the chopsticks from the utensils compartment. When Ryo said that she made the lunch by herself, she didn’t lie. Haruna knew how Ryo’s handmade food tasted like. Ryo was probably the best cook that she ever met, after her mom.

 

In the next few minutes, Haruna’s lunch box were emptied and Haruna had never felt so full before. She gently closed the lunch box and returned the used chopsticks to its place. She felt really grateful for Ryo to waste her time just for making the lunch for her.

 

Haruna smiled as she decided to continue her documents. Since she knew that she probably wouldn’t make it, she decided to skip all of her classes for today. It was one of the rarest occasion after all. Haruna was known as strict and responsible president and it was honestly stressing for the student and teachers too, to see her in every classes that she had. Well, she was glad that she could take a day off from stressing her mind out.

 

But before Haruna picked up her pen, she leaned on the headrest of the chair and stared at the ceiling with a blank stare as her mind was doing magic inside her own head. Even though she didn’t want to admit it out loud, she did wonder about what Ryo might’ve been doing around this kind of time. Did she have her lunch yet? did she attend her classes? Did she do her homework? Did she make Ms. Hashimoto pissed again? was she thinking about Haruna like how Haruna was thinking of her?

 

Haruna sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them and picked up her fallen pen. She realized that she didn’t have time for that kind of questions her mind had made. She better concentrated now or she wouldn’t finish it on time.

 

 

Gin wasn’t entirely lying when she said that Ryo was preparing herself for the upcoming test. that wasn’t lie yet not the truth either. She was inside her class while waiting for someone else to come. Their teachers were holding a sudden meeting for the current moment and most of the classes were having a free class for about 2 periods until their teachers returned to their class.

 

Ryo’s class was dead empty when Ryo stepped inside and she thought that it might be the nicest chance she would ever had to talk to someone that had been avoiding her. she had been thinking about it since God knew when.

 

“What is it?” the noise of the opening door and the voice which followed soon after that disturbed her train of thoughts. When she looked up, her eyes met with a pair of dark brown orbs. Ryo could feel her heart break a little when she remembered of what she’d done to the said girl.

 

“Ryoma” Ryo gently called as she stood from her spot. Slowly rose up from her spot and walked toward Ryoma’s direction, afraid that Ryoma would push her away when she had the chance to do so.

 

The girl that Ryo called as Ryoma had a shoulder length blue hair and her eyes were as sharp as wolf’s eyes. But her facial features showed her true feelings. Ryo felt the ache inside her heart when she saw the girl’s reaction.

 

“Make it quick, Ryo. Yuuki is waiting for me.” Ryoma spoke with her low voice that could make people fell into their knees and begged.

 

“I missed my best friend. I missed you so much, Ryoma.” Ryo stated. Her face didn’t show anything but her eyes were saying otherwise. Her eyes were getting watery when Ryoma looked at her with pure disappointment in her eyes.

 

“How am I supposed to answer that, Ryo? After what you did to me that night?” Ryo finally broke when she heard that coming.

 

Ryo knew that they would be talking about that as soon as they were left alone together inside that room. the accident that made their friendship became like that.

 

“I knew you liked my sister and you knew that I liked you for so long, Ryo. But I was no Haruna when you did it to me!” Ryoma wasn’t shouting even though her voice was loud enough to be considered as one.

 

The accident that Ryo and Ryoma were talking about was the one night stand that they both had when Ryo decided to go wasted in a club that Ryoma’s cousin owned. Ryo told Ryoma about her feelings for Haruna and the girl didn’t say anything. Ryoma wasn’t mad when they had with Ryo making Ryoma as the substitute of Haruna. What she couldn’t accept was when Ryo left her alone without even saying anything to her. and ever since that day, Ryoma decided to avoid Ryo.

 

“I’m so sorry, Ryoma. I I didn’t mean to hurt you that way. I didn’t say anything to you because I wasn’t sure of what to say to you. I was afraid that I would hurt your feelings if I said anything to you. but after every single thing that happened, I should’ve apologized to you. I shouldn’t have left you alone. If only I’d done that sooner, I wouldn’t have to see you avoid me. I just want my best friend back.”

 

Ryo never cried in front of people. Not even in front of her parents. she would endure it until she got into her room. Ryo had a vow to herself that she wouldn’t cry in front of other people. She didn’t want other people to see through her façade and she didn’t want to show her weak side to other people. Ironically, this was the first time for her to cry in front of someone else, other than her mirror. And the worst was, it wasn’t in front of any of her friend. It was Ryoma, her other half.

 

Ryoma had never seen Ryo cried before. And after hearing her confession like that, Ryoma realized that Ryo wasn’t entirely wrong. Sure It was hard for Ryoma to forget everything that ever happened to her and Ryo before, but it was harder to see her cry like that.

 

“It doesn’t matter anymore, Ryo. It was in the past after all.” Ryoma finally said after a long silence inside the room.

 

Ryo always felt like after she cried. That was also the reason why she didn’t want to cry in front of people. After calming her heartbeat, Ryo wiped her tears and looked at Ryoma with confusion written on her face. Ryoma smiled. It had been a while for her to be able to see Ryo like a mess again.

 

“When will you confess to Haruna?” Ryoma asked seriously. Ryo widened her eyes. Clearly not expecting that kind of question from Ryoma.

 

“I thought Fuuma didn’t want me to do anything related to her dearest sister?” Ryoma raised one of her eyebrows and frown.

 

“Well, she did. But she noticed about how you’re not so subtly trying to make a move on Haruna the last time you two bickered in front of our house’s gate.” Ryo was startled when she heard that coming from Ryoma.

 

Haruna was the youngest of the Kiriyama family. Kiriyama Fuuma the wind devil- according to Ryo, Kiriyama Ryoma, and Kiriyama Haruna. Fuuma was a music producer, Ryoma and Haruna were the singer. And no matter how busy they were with their own things, Fuuma and Ryoma never failed to spend their time with Haruna. And if everybody tried to mess with Haruna, Fuuma and Ryoma would be the first to fight them.

 

“I am planning to do it like soon. but I don’t know how to do it.” Ryo admitted. She had been thinking about when she should confess her feelings for Haruna. It was so hard for her to do so.

 

Ryoma sighed with how hopeless her best friend was. she didn’t know the right way to make a move on a girl. The only right thing to do was to annoy the said person. And then after doing that, she didn’t even know how to confess to the said girl. somehow, Ryo was as hopeless as .

 

“I suggest you to do it soon before Fuuma gets mad and drags you to confess to Haruna. And I know you won’t like it a bit if you are forced.” Ryoma said before she left Ryo alone inside the girl’s class.

 

 

Rei and Sana were walking side by side as they headed to the parking lot. Rei was holding Sana’s tiny hand in hers. It had been a while since Rei held her sister’s hand and it had been a while for them to go home together ever since Rei got together with Kei while Sana got together with Kanata. They might be living under the same roof, but their own schedules were getting hectic and they couldn’t spend their time together anymore.

 

Rei might not be saying anything to Sana, but she did miss her sister. She also noticed that her little sister had changed her hairstyle. The last time Rei spent time with Sana, her hair was as long as hers and blonde. But now, her hair was still long but it was colored reddish brown. It looked good on Sana. Rei was glad that Sana could smile a lot recently. Before, Sana was stressing everything related with schools and their parents. Sana never say it out loud, but Rei always knew what her sister was thinking.

 

“Where do you want to go for today?” Rei asked when they arrived at the parking lot where Rei’s car was located.

 

Sana thought for a while. Rei unlocked the car and both of them got into the car. Then Sana remembered of the last place that she went with Rei. It was almost 3 months ago and she was really hoping that Rei didn’t forget about the place.

 

“Do you remember about that lake that you bring me to?” Sana asked. Rei was starting the car’s engine and drove off slowly from school.

 

Rei thought for a while about the place that Sana asked. her mind suddenly clicked and she remembered about that place. “I do. want to go there?” Sana looked at Rei in surprise. She didn’t expect her to remember, but she did. Considering she’d been out with Kei to many places around the city.

 

“Sure.” Sana answered. Then she turned to look at the window. Suddenly finding the road more interesting than the other views.

 

Rei looked at her watch that was circling her wrist elegantly. A gift that she got from Sana on their birthday (Sana got her a silver watch while she got Sana a set of white gold jewelries, knowing that the girl didn’t really like shiny yellowish things). The time was getting late, but Rei wanted to spend the day with Sana and she didn’t want to disappoint the girl. so she decided to take Sana to the place where she wanted to go.

 

In the middle of their drive, Sana’s stomach suddenly rang and it made Rei chuckled. She had at least expected it. she decided to stop by a restaurant that had some drive thru to fill their stomach. Rei saw one restaurants that had Sana’s favorite food, so she decided to pull over and went to that restaurants. Maybe they should dine in instead. The day was getting late and the sky was getting darker.  

 

“Have some food first, Sana. We can go there after we eat.” Rei reassured Sana when the younger girl looked at her with a protesting look on her face. Sana’s face softened and Rei smiled. Both of them got off from the car and got inside the restaurant.

 

Rei asked Sana to get them a table to sit at while Rei went to order their food. When Rei had finished and went to the table were Sana at, she saw the sight of her little sister smiling at the screen of her phone. She could also listen to some giggling from Sana and her phone. She wasn’t mad. She was happy. It had been a while since Rei saw Sana that happy. So, she quietly went to her sister’s side and joined her face timing with Sana’s girlfriend.

 

“Hey, Rei. How was your preparation?” Kanata asked from the other side of the line. Rei could only smile and chuckled.

 

“It’s going really well. How about yours?” Rei asked back. Kanata seemed to think about it before she answered the question.

 

“My coach had been so damn strict on everything. She paid attention to my every single moves when usually all she did was slacking and enjoying her time on that ty couch in the practice room.” Kanata groaned when she remembered what happened earlier on the archery club’s training.

 

“Well, you’re the only one our school could rely on. I think that is why your so goddamned coach tried to push you.” Rei said while giggling. Sana and Kanata rolled their eyes together at Rei’s statement.

 

They continued to talk for a while until the waitress served their food on their table. Sana hung up the call after the two of them said goodbye to Kanata. Sana looked at Rei when she noticed that every single things that Rei ordered were Sana’s favorite.

 

“You’re not going to eat?” Rei asked as she took one piece of the foods they had. Sana didn’t say anything. She joined Rei eating her dinner peacefully.

 

It didn’t take a long time for them to finish their dinner. Rei was the one to finish it quickly and went to the cashier to pay for their food. And when Rei returned, Sana had already finished their food. All left was taking Sana to the place where she wanted to go. Of course, Rei would always follow what her sister wanted.

 

Both of them left the restaurant and went to where Rei’s car was parked. Rei unlocked her car and they got inside almost immediately. Rei started the engine and started to drive off slowly. It was night time already and Rei didn’t find any reason to turn the air conditioner on, instead she made the windows rolled down slightly and let the night breeze blew inside the car.

 

It was already 8 in the evening when they arrived at the said place Sana wanted to go. It didn’t surprise Rei a bit when Sana ran off like a child to the lake. She took off her shoes and her school’s shirt, leaving a black tee under the shirt. Rei just chuckled when she saw that. she followed Sana not too long after that.

 

The moon was reflected on the lake. It was pretty, Rei thought. she took out her camera that she brought every day to school. she decided to take Sana’s picture along with the reflected moon on the lake. It was so calming. Rei was feeling emotional and she knew the reason why. Both of them were going to graduate soon and they would part their ways. Sana wanted to study fashion designing in France while Rei would be studying psychology in Seoul.

 

“Don’t ever change, my little sister.” Rei softly whispered as she lowered her camera. Her eyes were getting glassy but she didn’t want to let it flow. Instead she rubbed her eyes and kept on taking pictures of her little sister.

 

 

Time flew so fast without realizing and 3 weeks had passed. Summer was already here and it was time for school’s birthday. Everyone had been so busy preparing their stuffs. Most of them were fussing about their classes exhibitions. Commonly about foods, products, paintings, hand-crafted things, and many others. But the one who got busy the most was definitely the student council. Especially Haruna.

 

Haruna was needed in most of every aspects in the activities. Decorations, stage preparations, proposals, and many others. She was lucky Kei was there to help her and the other members of student council. She was the one who handled everything and she just hoped that everything could go well despite the fuss.

 

And unfortunately for the student council, Haruna forgot that she was needed for today. She overslept due to the fatigue that she had been feeling for a while. Well, not only that. she was stressed as well. That was why she walked with 2 other girls (Fuuma and Ryoma) in front of her while rushing to her office.

 

Honestly, Haruna looked like someone getting chased by something that human couldn’t see. For short, ghost. She didn’t have much work to do for today, but still she needed to sign some important files that she was going to submit for the headmaster. Probably tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Not that she cared but she should finish all of it today.

 

The other council members helped Haruna to lessen the burden a bit. And when it was already time for the festival to start, all of them went to the field and watch how it went. Haruna and the other members noticed that there was some changes from the design and the decoration and it made them smile. at least, the students listened to them.

 

Haruna let her members strolled a bit and relaxed a bit. Of course they asked her to join them, but Haruna declined by saying that she had some unfinished jobs that she needed to finish. The members, especially Kei, complaint that she should take a rest and stopped overworking herself because it wasn’t good for her. Haruna shrugged them off by telling them that it was okay when it wasn’t.

 

 

Ryo was so cheerful today. And it was a strange sight to be honest to say. Even her best friends looked at her with that disgusting kind of expressions. Couldn’t blame them though. Well, everyone would think the same like how they did. Ryo was smiling ear to ear since earlier and honestly it made every students who saw Ryo thought that the girl might have drank something wrong.

 

It wasn’t without any reason why Ryo became like that. almost as if there was something got into her. today’s festival would be the last for her and she would be missing this kind of time when she went abroad for her study. And she surely would miss that one beautiful girl. the girl that stole her heart the moment she heard her voice. Kiriyama Haruna.

 

Speaking of the girl, Ryo didn’t see her since this afternoon. She only saw her with the council’s members for the opening ceremony and she was no longer seen after that. Ryo could’ve spent her time with Haruna throughout the time if the girl was there.

 

“GOSH! Ryo! Stop daydreaming already! Your sauce is overflowing!” oh yeah. She shouldn’t have forgotten that she wasn’t alone there. there were Ryoma, Nanase, and Gin too. oh, add another two. Yuuki and Jun.

 

She shouldn’t be thinking about Haruna whenever she was with her friends. Ryo looked at her friends and scoffed before walking to the other side of the festival. She was buying foods from the stall that students’ were producing.

 

She really missed that girl. why didn’t she show up? Ryo sighed. She didn’t know what to expect. She couldn’t find the girl anywhere she’d been to. “Where’re you, Haruna?” Ryo mumbled to herself. She’d missed the girl for God knew how long.

 

“Ryo-san!” she could hear someone called her name. and when she turned, she found Serika running toward her. she turned her body around fully.

 

“Oh, Rika. What’s up?” Ryo greeted. the girl stopped right a few steps in front of her while panting softly.

 

“Do you want to join us?” rika asked. Ryo was looking at her with her confused expression.

 

“To where?”

 

Serika was looking at Ryo weirdly and Ryo looked at Serika weirdly too. “Me and my friends are going to have lunch at the stall Haru’s class opened.” Ryo thought for a while before finally nodding her head. Maybe she could meet Haruna at her class’s stall. Or maybe not.

 

Serika and Ryo were walking side by side and looked so different from each other. Ryo was walking calmly with her flat expression while Serika was walking with her bright smile. She was only hoping to meet Haruna. Never once in her head that she needed to the strangers she met.

 

As they walked, she could finally see the food stall that Haruna’s class opened. Ryo looked around and she noticed that Haruna wasn’t inside there with her classmates. And neither with the council’s members. Ryo sighed. She was getting frustrated and irritated already. God, where was she?

 

“Ryo?” Kei called when she saw Ryo looking around like a lost puppy beside Serika. The others turned to look at Ryo and knitted their brows while Ryo didn’t show anything other than her confused expression. Not only that, they were looking at Ryo from head to toe and honestly, it was a bit suspicious.

 

Ryo wasn’t wearing something weird. She was only wearing her formal uniform. White shirt and blue skirt and the same colored blazer. Oh don’t forget she had her slightly red hair loosened. “You and Haruna surely share the same brain cell.” Rei suddenly stated when she realized something. Kei chuckled too. it was in the middle of Summer, like who the need a blazer under summer sun’s heat?

 

“Talking about Haruna, where is she?” Ryo asked. everyone started looking at her weirdly. No one was expecting her to ask about Haruna’s where about. Kei could slowly feel the tension build between Rei, Ryo, and Kanata. And she knew that whatever Rei was going to talk about, it was going to be an absolute disaster.

 

Sudden tap on her shoulder and arm on her waist startled her a bit. But she knew who that was. “Let her know. it’s not going to hurt all of you in any kind of way.” That was definitely Ryoma. And when she turned around, what she saw was the sight of her best friends. but what she didn’t expect was the sight of Fuuma and Shun. ‘Oh .’ Ryo thought. she was going to die for sure.

 

Ryoma seemed to realize about how tense Ryo was and she decided to pat her friend’s back. “Well, it doesn’t matter if you won’t tell us where Haruna is. But if you take away my sister and my friend’s happiness from this, I promise. I’ll destroy all of you.” Ryoma stated with venom laced on her tone. Ryoma was Ryo’s biggest anti when it came to Haruna, but when Ryo was in a pressure state like this, Ryoma wouldn’t hesitate to fight them.

 

“Don’t go over dramatic, Ryoma. It’s not like your sister disappeared, right?” that sweet yet poisonous tone which sent goosebumps into the people there definitely belonged to Fuuma.

 

“Fuuma-nee, I’m not going to fight with you just because of this so you better shut up.” Ryoma retorted without even turning back to her sister. Kei and Sana knitted their eyebrows together. ‘What the hell is wrong with them?’ they thought at the same time. everyone fell silent for a few moments until Rei and Kanata realized something.

 

Rei looked at Ryoma and Fuuma continuously before she got her conclusion. “Wait Haruna is Kiriyama Fuuma and Kiriyama Ryoma’s little sister?” Kanata asked. Kei looked at the rest of their friends and saw the dumbfounded reaction coming from Rei and Kanata only. Sana seemed to know it but Rei? Kei swore. Something was definitely wrong with the twins.

 

“You didn’t know?” Sana asked to Kanata and Rei as the two of them were the only clueless one. Rei and Kanata nodded their head and Sana felt like she had just let out the longest sigh in her life.

 

“Anyway, Haruna is in the council’s office finishing the document for today.” Ryo grunted when she heard that.

 

Without saying anything, Ryo left the rest of people standing like an idiot with Sana starting to explain about the Kiriyama siblings. Shun was talking with Jun and Serika, Ryoma and Yuuki left them alone to hunt for food. Kei was left alone with the still nagging Sana and the clueless Rei and Kanata.

 

 

Ryo was definitely mad this time. and the cause was none other than the Kiriyama Haruna. As she walked, she decided to her blazer and throw it to her shoulder. And then, she proceed on ing her uniform’s shirt, revealing her black shirt with school’s student council logo under the shirt. Luckily every students were busy with school’s birthday celebration. The hallway heading toward the council’s office was almost empty. only a few remaining left inside their class.

 

Ryo sighed. This wasn’t the first time for Haruna and certainly wouldn’t be the last. Damn it. ryo fastened her steps and only stopped when she reached her destination. Without any hesitation, she just swung the door open with a loud thud. She could hear Haruna groan from her table, but still not looking at her. Ryo was getting fed up by this ignorant .

 

Ryo tossed her blazer on the couch next to her and walked to Haruna’s table with a noticeable rage fuming from Ryo. But still, Haruna didn’t look up from the documents she was signing. Ryo walked quicker to the back of Haruna’s table and took the pen away from Haruna’s grasp, causing the girl to look at her with a murderous glare. Ryo returned it with the exact same intensity to Haruna.

 

Haruna was actually surprised because she didn’t expect Ryo to be there. but she didn’t want the wall that she had built so hard, destroyed easily just because of Ryo. “Give me my pen back, Ryo.” Haruna said with a slight coldness on her tone and face red from the pent up anger. Of course, Ryo wasn’t one to give in easily.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you, Haruna?! STOP OVERWORKING YOURSELF!” Ryo had never been mad at Haruna before. Not even once. But this time she did it. she did it because Haruna kept on forgetting about taking care of herself. She always kept herself distracted and avoiding everything that bothering her mind. honestly, Ryo was tired with this Haruna. But she was also the reason why Haruna became like that, so she couldn’t really blame the girl.

 

“I don’t understand what you’re saying. Now give me my pen back. Now!” Ryo didn’t budge and her grip on the pen tightened, ready to break it into half anytime soon. “I won’t give you unless you promise me, you’re going to stop overworking yourself with this tone of .” Ryo still didn’t budge.

 

Haruna was getting frustrated when Ryo raised the pen above her head. And her height was only up till Ryo’s shoulder. There was no way she could reach it. not even when she tiptoed. Haruna almost lost her balance if Ryo’s fast reflex caught the girl immediately with her left hand.

 

Both Ryo and Haruna were looking at each other until Ryo broke it by trailing her eyes from Haruna’s to the girl’s lips. And back again to Haruna’s eyes. Then out of instinct, Ryo threw the pen to the other side of the room which made Haruna startled and almost attack Ryo right there and then. But Ryo caught her wrist in the air and pulled the girl closer to her until their lips touched.

 

1

2

3

4

10

 

It took 10 seconds for Ryo to pull away from Haruna and it took Haruna 10 seconds to register everything into her mind. Ryo’s facial expression softened and she placed her forehead on Haruna’s with a soft smile plastered on her lips.

 

“Why did you do that?” Haruna asked timidly. She wasn’t sure why she couldn’t look at Ryo in the eyes. Was it because of shame? Or was it because of her growing feelings for Ryo?

 

“Because I’m in love with you, Haru.” It was silence after Ryo’s confession. The older girl didn’t know about Haruna’s feelings, but at least Haruna knew what her feeling was for Ryo.

 

Ryo softly exhaled her breath and smiled. “To the beautiful you, will you be girlfriend?” Ryo gently asked. it sounded too sincere and pure. Of course, Haruna knew what to answer. “Of course I will. But you won’t be disturbing me with my works okay. I’ve got a lot to do.” Haruna whined inside Ryo’s arms. Even though she melted a bit.

 

Ryo chuckled. “Sure, I won’t disturb you if you tell me honestly whether you’ve had your lunch or not.” Haruna snickered and preparing herself to run from Ryo, but before she could do so, she was already pinned to the nearest wall.

 

“Now, you’re coming with me to have your lunch. No excuse.” Ryo said with finality on her tone. Haruna pouted when Ryo let her go and gave her a stern look. Ryo turned her back as she left the room. despite the unwillingness inside her heart, she followed Ryo nonetheless.

 

Today marked the day where Kiriyama Haruna and Yamamoto Ryo became one.

 

“Ryo!! Wait for me!” Haruna shouted as she ran to follow Ryo outside.

 

~FINISH~