Behind the Scenes

↙—D-Tour—↗ || Girl Group

 

<<dtourconfessions.tumblr.com>>


120127| Has anyone noticed how Jaehwa looks so tired nowadays? I get it. Vanness has her arm in a cast, Cha Cha was admitted to the hospital earlier this month, and Haneul is facing another controversial scandal; D-Tour is down three members and their comeback would be delayed. I know, the maknaes are working hard too, but it just seems that the entire burden was put under her shoulders. It hurts when you realize how hard a leader’s job really is. Nevertheless, umma, you can do it! Stay healthy!”


 “110531 | Okay guys, I am sick and tired of all this crap everyone’s saying about Annie. She’s not, and she will never be, Wonder Girl’s Sohee. So they look alike – so what! Plenty of other Korean artists look alike with one another and you don’t hear them having comments like these. I hate how everyone is comparing those two, well guess what? THEY’RE NOT THE SAME. It’s really, really making me mad!! Sohee isn’t Annie, and Annie will never be Sohee! Wonder Girls and D-Tour are two completely different bands where Sohee and Annie don’t even have the same position. Sohee is the visual and main dancer, Annie is main vocals; completely and utterly different! GET INTO YOUR HEADS, GUYS.”


111014 | I seriously think Cha Cha is the prettiest in D-Tour, I don’t even know why they considered Ji Eun. I mean, not hating on her or anything, but she’s already the maknae, that’s pretty okay recognition enough as it is. Besides, Ji Eun actually has a killer set of vocals – she proved that in Love is War, definitely. But I really feel as if Cha Cha is the most underrated member. She’s awesome in variety shows, I seriously almost fell out of my chair once laughing too hard, and she’s a great actress, I love watching her in mini-dramas [the ones in Stop and Ask] – and she’s not even my bias! The point is… Cha Cha is practically their center. Ji Eun doesn’t even do much variety, she’s more on emceeing. Meanwhile there’s Cha Cha who models, acts, goes on variety shows, and is their powerhouse – not to mention she’s ing gorgeous. Have you guys seen their photoshoots??”


110415 | I don’t want to bash on anyone, but Ji Eun’s constant blank expression is seriously pissing me off. I mean, okay, so it’s not as bad as Victoria’s or Sulli’s, but it’s still irritating. She’s the center face, she’s supposed to look charismatic and pretty, but can’t she do it with some goddamn facial expressions at least? Just look at King of Derp, Siwon! And then there’s Yoona who’s never expressionless. I’m really tired of seeing Ji Eun with that blank stare; it’s seriously giving her the wrong image. She is a strong and impulsive maknae – not the quiet type like Annie. But really, with all her modeling, that’s seriously her only expression. Ugh, pissing me off. [Not to mention I can’t find a proper picture for a fanfic! Hnnng.]”


120115 | Really, would she be debuting with Baby Soul and Yoo Jia? I think yes. Haneul is too talented not to have her debut, I mean; her rapping is fierce as and she’s goddamn y when she does some body waves. And it might be my Haneul/Hoya-crack shipper-slash-Haneul-biasedness speaking, but I think she really would’ve done great in Woollim [not to mention more Haneul/Hoya moments. Asdfghjkl]. But really, D-Tour is her home and I don’t think I’d have her any other way.”


120306 | So, did anyone else notice how Vanness was dancing to My Logo during Hello Baby’s most recent episode?? It’s kind of farfetched, I admit – just because she’s dancing what looks like his dance break from My Logo doesn’t mean I should ship them irrationally. But dammit, they are a beautiful, beautiful pair. ;_____; I can see it now – Beijing Fried Rice every day. Asdfghjkl. Hanchul and Jaeness will forever be my OTPs, but omg, I can’t believe I haven’t even thought about shipping these two. WHYYYYYY”

Funny how sometimes, you just can’t hide the truth from the fans.”

.oOo.

September o4, 2009

The cafeteria of SM Academy is always bustling with nonsensical chatter and unwanted drama. For both trainees and staff alike, the second floor has already been nicknamed the Gossip Ground. Once you step out of either the elevator or the staircase, everything you hear is anything ranging from cold hearted rumors on who’s dating who to nasty criticisms on fellow trainees. Horrifyingly addicting.

“Yah, Im Jaerin; use your eyes, I’m over here!”

A hand is shot up in the air and waved frantically. Jaerin follows the arm and grins brightly when she sees Ae Cha smirking smugly at her, a French fry poking out of . She makes her way through the crowd of people waiting in line for the water bottle vending machine, grimacing a bit as her nostrils are hit by the faint familiar smell of sweat and hard work.

“Seriously, do you know how late you are?” Ae Cha teases with a clear smile on her face as she munches away on her snack. Jaerin rolls her eyes in response.

“And do you know how infuriating it is to have vocal practice with Terror Park?” she makes a face and even Ae Cha has to laugh at it. Jaerin takes this time to steal one of her fries.

“I seriously do not know why trainees insist on calling him that. His name is Park Jong Mo, seriously.”

“Easy for you to say, you’re one of his favorites, apart from Princess Brat-a-rella.” Jaerin steals another one.

“I am not. I refuse to be categorized along with Brat-a- I mean, Ji Eun.”

“Speak of the devil and she shall appear.” Jaerin mumbles under her breath and turns her head towards the entrance where they see the infamous Ryu Ji Eun following behind two well known and respected trainees seeming to be in a heated argument, Jun Kyu Yeon and Seo Jaehwa.

“Oh, what did she do now?” Ae Cha mumbles, curious as she watches them disappear in the crowd, the two older ones still glaring at each other and raising their voices as Ji Eun stays behind them a few steps, arms crossed and blank expression still intact.

Jaerin laughs and rolls her eyes. “Oh I don’t know. Enter SM Entertainment in the first place?” she suggests and takes a sip of her almost forgotten sports drink. Ae Cha gives her a short-lived glare, trying to hide the smirk on her pretty face. She tilts her head to the side though and lets out a little gasp.

Jaerin, curious, looks behind her shoulder and immediately spots what Ae Cha had been looking at. When Qiang Yuen dazedly looks at their direction, Jaerin quickly turns back to Ae Cha, a grin on her face.

“New SM Town couple?” she suggest, wiggling her eyebrows. Ae Cha laughs and tells her to shut up. She looks at the two Chinese a few tables farther from them, talking almost animatedly. Even from her seat though, Ae Cha can tell Hankyung is laughing at whatever Yuen has said with the way his shoulders shake and his head bows down. She tears her eyes away from them when they’re joined by another Super Junior member, [Kim Heechul from how easy it is the guy slings an arm around the Chinese] and a shy, reserved trainee, Seo Nara, she thinks.

“Oh come on, don’t you think they’re cute together? I mean, I’ve only seen Hyun Young sunbae smile once and that was when I unintentionally walked in on her dance practice with Hankyung sunbaenim.” Jaerin tries to persuade. No dice, Ae Cha only rolls her eyes and chows down on her fries.

Jaerin laughs and raises an eyebrow. “What is wrong with you and rumors now? We always make fun of bratty little Junnie.” Her fingers quickly snatch another fry. “And don’t you think they’re kind of at least adorable together? Hankyung sunbaenim seems to like her enough to always visit her here.”

“That’s not what I meant. I just don’t think rumors will be good for their reputation.” Ae Cha tries to explain, running her hands through her hair.

“What? No, really, Aeng. Drop the goody-two-shoes act and tell me what’s really wrong. Was anything I said real?”

“No, Jae!” She laughs. “It’s just that… I saw something that might not be entirely okay for me to see.” Jaerin drops the fry from and looks at Ae Cha in horror. “…no! Nothing like that, ugh!” she laughs before dropping her voice to a mere whisper. “It’s something concerning certain people’s possibility of a debut.”

“Ooh, now you’re talking.” Jaerin leans closer and steals another fry, popping it inside . “Details, por favor.”

“Okay, one; your accent is horrible.” Ae Cha notes, rolling her eyes. “Two, stop stealing my goddamn fries!” She sticks out her tongue and creates a barrier with her arms as Jaerin rolls her eyes at the younger girl. Ae Cha pops a couple fries into to make her point clearer.

“Ew, don’t do that. You so don’t look fabulous.” A young man with multi-colored highlights sits unceremoniously beside the Spanish-bred Korean. He doesn’t even think twice about snatching one fry, already a snarky comment on the tip of his tongue ready. “Save your image, won’t you, girl?”

“Oh my God, Kibum. What happened to your hair?” Ae Cha readily retorts, scoffing as she notes the changing tones in his naturally black hair. “It’s like a unicorn went ahead and puked all over your head.”

SHINee’s Key, as he is now so often called and noted, rolls his eyes and props his elbow on top of the table, his chin resting on the back of his hand as he looks over the two trainees. Jaerin has never been to close with him, but she knows Ae Cha and the guy are practically like an old married couple.

She feels her phone vibrate against her thigh and as her two tablemates start their daily quarrel, Jaerin fishes out her mobile from her pocket. She sees the name Lee Howon flash brightly on the screen.

 

 

<<Lee Howon; 2:14:22 pm: I really wish you were here right now. I miss you like hell, Jae.>>

<<User; 2:24:09 pm: It’s the middle of the day, what are you doing drunk?>>

<<Lee Howon; 2:25:01: Yah, Im Jaerin. What are you saying? Can’t I just be honest?>>

A call from the entrance to the cafeteria distracts her from replying though and she can only look at Ae Cha who’s looking back at her, equally anxious.

“Moon Ae Cha, Im Jaerin.”

.oOo.

Ryu Ji Eun, quite frankly, is tired of all the attention the trainees and idols present in the cafeteria are giving her and her two sunbaes. She keeps her face blank of any emotion though, just so they can’t have the satisfaction of having her openly lash out at the two older girls. They keep arguing still and Ji Eun is seriously about to snap.

“Look, unnie, I’m really flattered that you think I’m capable of handling but I seriously have had enough of her attitude!” Jun Kyu Yeon snaps out at Seo Jaehwa, the older one keeps her arms crossed and her temper intact. “I thought people were exaggerating about her, but seriously unnie; I’m really surprised how you’re able to tolerate her.”

“She’s not that bad, try to get to know her really, Kyu Yeon!”

“I did, I tried; unnie I seriously cannot take another second with her.” Kyu Yeon sighs tiredly, definitely different from her usual energetic attitude. “She is rude and inconsiderate about anyone other than herself.”

“You’re talking as if I’m nowhere the two of you.” Ji Eun speaks up, rolling her eyes at the two. Both Kyu Yeon and Jaehwa send her a glare to shut her up though. Ji Eun just makes a face, rolling her eyes and goes back to taking a sip of her bottled water.

“Look, I’m really sorry, unnie. I tried, but you’re stuck with her.” Kyu Yeon gives Ji Eun a quick glance before smiling apologetically at Jaehwa. She pushes past the two of them when she spots some of her friends at another table.

Once Kyu Yeon is out of earshot Ji Eun turns to the older girl.

“Forget about her, unnie. She was annoying as hell, anyway, constantly acting as if she was younger than she really is –”

“Stop, stop; Ji Eun.” Jaehwa raises a hand to cut off the younger girl. She sighs and groans. “You’re not making this any easier for me.”

“I’m just saying, stop trying to put the burden of having me socialize with everyone else.” She rolls her eyes and leans closer with a sarcastic smirk on her lips. “Because if it wasn’t obvious enough; they hate me, big time.”

Jaehwa snorts, trying to stop her laughter. “But it’s partly my fault why they hate you. I’m just trying to fix things.”

Ji Eun scoffs and lets a tiny smirk out before she reverts back to her blank expression.

“Please. They would’ve just hated me a little bit later.”

“Or maybe not at all,” Jaehwa insists. “I mean, if I wasn’t just too nosy about your business, you wouldn’t have lashed out like that. So seriously…”

“Ugh, stop it. I’m not playing the blame game with you.” Ji Eun rolls her eyes and is about to say something else when a call from the entrance of the cafeteria stops her. Her head quickly snaps towards the voice and she narrows her eyes at the young man there. Jaehwa remembers him as Lee Tae Jun.

“…Ryu Ji Eun, Seo Jaehwa…”

.oOo.

Her laughter is almost unfamiliar to her now; it’s quite a feat how effortlessly Hangeng manages to coax it out of her. The Chinese in front of her lets out a laugh himself as he covers his mouth in embarrassment.

I’m sorry, that wasn’t supposed to come out like that.” He says in her native tongue, and it’s pleasing to her she has someone else to talk to her in her mother language without horrible accents like Kim Ryeowook or stuttering words like Henry Lau. Qiang Yuen gives him a small, supportive smile though. “I’m not trying to flirt or anything – just trying to talk normally. It has been a while since I’ve had anyone to talk to. Someone who can actually understand me without asking Heechul for a translation,

It’s fine. I understand.” Her own sentences are short and to anyone but Hangeng, it might seem even the slightest bit rude. But he knows her well enough to know that’s simply how she is. “It’s the same for me.”

He grins and is about to say something else before he is cut off by the one and only Kim Heechul himself. The effeminate man drapes an arm easily around the Chinese’s shoulders and laughs loudly.

“So this is where you’ve been? Flirting with a trainee?” he teases and Hangeng can only flush in embarrassment. A young girl taps Yuen’s shoulder and she recalls her as the trainee with an amazing set of vocals, Seo Nara if she remembers correctly. Nara asks her quietly if it’s alright to sit next to her and with no real reason to tell her no, Yuen nods and scoots a little.

“Yah, what are you talking about now, Heechul?” Hangeng is still flushing and this only makes him harder to understand. Heechul has always been his translator though and is able to understand past the heavy accent and awkward stutters. “And you’re one to talk, bringing a cute girl with you here, huh?”

Heechul scoffs and willingly retracts his arm to cross them over his chest. Nara blushes at the compliment and looks down on the intertwined fingers resting on her lap. “I am not flirting.” Heechul says defiantly. “This is the Fireball I was telling you about!” Geng looks at Nara and scrutinizes her.

“Are you sure it isn’t because she looks like your precious Sohee?”

“They look nothing alike – okay, maybe they do. But that’s not the point!”

The two female trainees watch the two idols bicker with each other before Hangeng turns back to Yuen.

I’m sorry about Heechul. The guy never knows how to shut his mouth but he means well… kind of.” He smiles again when Yuen starts to chuckle.

“Yah, I heard my name. Hankyung what the hell were you telling her-”

Heechul is cut off midsentence when he hears Nara’s name being called and after which, Yuen’s. He looks at Hankyung before glancing at the two female trainees. Nara looks over at Yuen rising from her seat and follows suit. She turns to look at the voice and finds Lee Tae Jun reading off a list.

“…Seo Nara and Hwang Hyun Young. Could the six of you come with me, please?”


 

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates last week, hope this made up for it though? :) Hahaha! I was kind of busy for the whole of last week, trying to focus on a mock test for college entrance exams in my review class. >_<;; But yes, the girls are finally going to be in the same cluster - starting next week. xD Hahahaha. 

P.S. D-Tour confession blog, y/n?? xD And make sure you guys take note of the dates! It'll help you figure out what I have in store loads. ;)