The Meeting.

"You’re supposed to hold hands with me!"

 “He was on his lunch break and happened to remember about me, so he came over to ask me if I want to have lunch with him. I said yes, and we went to that Italian restaurant next door. While we were waiting for our food, he suddenly said that he was curious and measured our hand sizes!” Jina paused to giggle. “His hands are so big, you know? Mine looks so tiny compared to his!” she brought her palms up to empathize, to which Wooyoung rolled his eyes good-naturedly. “Your hands are tiny.” “No, they’re not,” Jina shot a playful glare at him before sighing dreamily. “I couldn’t help but wonder what it would feel like if we held hands. I bet it would feel so warm when my fingers intertwine with his.”

Two best friends, Jina and Wooyoung, were having a mini-reunion in the café they used to frequent in high school. The previous distance between them quickly melted, and they were chatting together merrily like the old friends they were. 

Wooyoung pouted upon hearing her words, a small frown visible. "Do you want to hold hands with him that much?" Jina snapped out of her daydream, quickly shaking her head with a small laugh. "I mean, I wouldn't protest if that were to happen." She dropped her gaze to her tiramisu slice, missing the way Wooyoung's pout turned to a scowl. 

He eyed her free hand before slowly grabbing it, intertwining his fingers with hers. Jina looked up in surprise, first at their hands, then at his bashful—but adamant—face. "You're supposed to hold hands with me! I mean, you can hold mine if you want. Well, we've been doing that whenever we want, I guess." He hurriedly corrected himself, letting out an embarrassed laugh.

Jina giggled after getting over her shock of his sudden action and gently squeezed his hand, moving it lightly from side to side. "I like holding your hands, Wooyoung. They're the warmest." 

Wooyoung doesn't know this, but her heart swelled upon witnessing him express his want to hold her hand. She's always had a crush on him, a secret she kept hidden for fear of damaging their relationship. But, judging from the glow of happiness that radiated from Wooyoung as he cupped her hand with both hands, maybe he feels the same after all.