Home

Fixed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We can't make promises now, can we?

Waking up due to the blinding sunlight, Bomi opened her eyes and stretched her body slightly. One move and her mind realized the splitting headache that lingers.

What she saw on her surroundings was unfamiliar. It's not her bedroom. One glance around and she saw the scattered clothes around.

At the moment, she didn't have any strand of clothing on her. Realizing that, she pulled the blanket to cover herself only to realize that someone was sleeping soundly beside her.

One simple glanced and Bomi avoided it suddenly. The more she'll look at her, the more it will be harder.

"What the happened?" Bomi whispered, silently cursing herself for any kind of stupidity or anything.

She just wanted to blame anyone... Only to end up blaming herself.

One look on her situation at that point. Only one look to realize what just happened.

Bomi endured the pain she's feeling all over her body and picked up her clothes to wear it again.

We don't have a future together can't you see?

Another glance at the angel sleeping soundly on the bed, Bomi sighed, a defeated kind of sigh.

Her heart swell realizing the fact that this might be the last time to see the girl.

Then she left the room as quiet as she could.

-----------------------------

Maybe that kind of memory will forever stings.

It's nearly midnight.

Elbow deep, eyes fixed, stressed mind on the financial reports of her Cafe business, Bomi released a deep sigh.

She nearly rummage and throw the document she's holding when her phone rang. Bomi tried to ignore it but the ringing sounded overly loud that it started to annoy her more.

Eyes still on the document, she snatched the phone. "What the hell do you want?"

"When are you going home honey?"

Bomi was frozen for a moment before she slowly checked the caller id and saw a name 'mom' on it.

"Mom? Sorry about that..."

"It's okay baby. So when are you going home?" the caller chuckled awkwardly to lessen the heavy spirit existed over the call.

Bomi put down the document. "Mom. I'm still at work and I can't..."

"You already missed your father's birthday last year. Are you breaking some record here?"

Bomi sighed heavily. The last time she heard her mom's voice was yesterday, asking her about her day and such but the last time she saw her was ages ago.

"Go home now. Yoon Bomi. We need to talk about something."

"Mom."

"It's important."

Bomi's heart started racing. The last time her mom sounded so desperate asking her to go home was when her father got a mild .

"Is something wrong mom?" Bomi closed the folder on hand and placed it on the cabinet.

"We need you here. Bbom. Just be here as soon as you can. And prepare to stay longer."

"Mom. You're scaring me... You know I have business here..." Bomi checked the shop, electricity and locks before grabbing her bag and keys.

"You can close it for a while." her mom suggested.

Bomi suddenly thought about her partner. She needs to talk to Eunji first about that matter.

"Give me a week mom."

"Sure baby. Remember to always take care of yourself. I love you."

"I will. I love you too. All of you." then she hanged up the call.

Bomi's eyes turned teary as a glimpse of her family entered her mind. Her father, mother, her sister and younger brother. She really missed them so much.

After she graduated from High School, her father said that he will support her college in Seoul. It's for a better opportunity like they said. Bomi refused to, since it means living far away from her home, from her family.

Bomi never thought herself as a brave person. But one day, she realized she needed to. Sometimes, it's really mandatory.

Eventually, her family and her decided that she will pursue college in her province. Where it is safe. Where the people she loves are around her.

But sometimes, change of plans could happen.

She left home to pursue her college.

Everything is hard when it's your first time. Bomi moved in Seoul without knowing anything. What it is like living there...

She didn't know what she was doing and she didn't even know what to expect.

On her first month of living there was totally a hell for her. Strangers everywhere. Serving herself so she won't be starve to death. Plus the pressure of college.

No family. No friends. Words can't even describe how sickening it was.

She had to ignore the monsters under her bed because noone will be there to calm her down. She had to pretend blind and deaf whenever there's a heavy rain with thunder and lightning because noone will come to accompany her to sleep.

Noone would fight to the monster... That in the end she befriended them.

She had to end her day, on an empty bed. With her tear stricken face, with her heart breaking into million pieces.

Nothing about moving away was easy. She knew it. She had to learn. And learning took her a long process.

Everyday, she had to wake herself up at 6am preparing for school, having to prepare herself for a breakfast or else she'll be worthless the whole day.

She had to go home

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter