Chapter 1

Perhaps, It's a Match

","

Baekhyun immediately gets up from his bed. He has his morning class today at 9, which means it's in like what? 15 minutes? And he just woke up. God, he seriously needs to fix his sleep schedule.

"I told you to wake me up at 7!" He yells annoyedly as he bursts out of the room, finding his roommate on the couch.
The man with the sharp eyes and tall figure answers, raising one of his eyebrows like he has done his task perfectly. "In fact, I did. I left once i saw your body stir."

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, which clearly can not be seen by the man called Sehun sitting on the couch because he is busy running here and there; searching for his towel, class necessaties, and making himself a breakfast.

"Woah, woah, you're gonna eat that toast in the bathroom?" Sehun leans forward from the couch cautiously, observing Baekhyun who has a half toast bread between his gritted teeth and towel wrapped around his neck.

Baekhyun shrugs, frowning. "Whatelse am I going to do? Feed the toilet a perfectly nice bread?''

Sehun alarmed at that confirmation, chimes in to the mess. "What the -- No! No food touching the bathroom air!"
"Why do you even care?! Sehun, I'mlate." 

Baekhyun tries to emphasize through the bread and his teeth, hands still busy rustling his back packing it with things he needed today.

"Then wake up earlier, won't you?" Sehun keeps following Baekhyun's tail, seemingly irritated. And Baekhyun mock laugh at that. "Right, maybe if someone wake me up properly,” He zips his bag. Done. "Talk to you later,” 

He takes off his shirt and pants as he enters the bathroom, Sehun's protest be his morning bath background sound. But he couldn't be any careless, he has a toast of bread he has to munch in one go now.

Who knows in the end it works afterall.

''I made it!" Baekhyun beams once he reaches his usual spot in class, right beside Jongdae. Grins proudly at the other who's clearly clueless. The said man just glances entertainly at Baekhyun and scoffs as a response, "What did you do successfully exactly? Coming to class five minutes late?'' 

"Late? ha! The professor hasn't even come yet, I am perfectly safe," Baekhyun says smugly as he put both hands in the back of his head, trying to prove his point.
Jongdae, being too used at Baekhyun's impulsive behaviour by now, just rolls his eyes and continue to read his book.

"Well, I hope you brought our assignment for today," Which Baekhyun replies with a huff. "I'll be damned if I didn't. I literally eat my breakfast in the bathroom to avoid me forgetting this I did all night long."
"You eat what--" Jongdae widens his eyes slowly, as he proccessing what Baekhyun has said, mad  ready to judge him. But the man with the silver hair shushes him faster. "Mr. Lee, he's coming." He whispers. So they both put down the conversation for later and getting ready to get bored for today's lecture.

Baekhyun doesn't hate group projects, instead; he likes them. Because that means he doesn't have to do it alone and they can suffer together. Doing alone , you know? 

So when Mr. Lee announces they will have a new group project that's due for the next three months, he doesn't have time to complain under hs breath along with the other student present. Probably even the only student who grins widely at the announcements.

"One group will only contains two people. I know if I put too many people in a group half of them possibly won't participate at all. Now, I will read your name and your partner name. If you heard your name, quickly move beside your partner. Do I make myself clear?" Mr. Lee finishes.

Jongdae grumbles beside him, seemingly also disapproved of this new project.
"C'mon, this is not going to be that bad," Baekhyun mutters to Jongdae, which doesn't attain the equal energy he gives from the other.

Baekhyun just smiles subtly. Well, not everyone can enjoy what he enjoys.

He listens and watching carefully as name by name are said by Mr. Lee, along with the noisy sound of people getting up and moving seats. He doesn't think it'd be a troublesome with whoever his partner will be. He knows all of the students in this class, even if he only knows their names, they're not a total stranger. It wouldn't be hard to cooperate right? Plus, he thinks he isn't that empy brained in this class, he has enough kowledge to--

Wait. Hold on, did Mr. Lee just mention his name?

"Wait, was that my name?"

"Yup."

"Oh my god, did you hear who is the person he puts me with?"

"You're lucky, it's Kyungsoo. You know, Chanyeol's roommate,"

Oh.

"Ah, that’s my name, see you at lunch," Jongdae gets up before Baekhyun can say any extra words. Huh. Traitor.

There's something weird stirs in the low pit of his stomach when he recalls the name Kyungsoo, something he rarely felt. Well, despite their kind of a lot of mutual friends thiey have, he barely interacts with the said man. If his memory correct the last time he tries to melt the ice with Kyungsoo, it was at a party a few months ago. They.. what was it? He didn't know -- he forgot. He was drunk, okay? It's not everyday Chanyeol held a party in his house, and he was there for a good time. 

But again, who is he to judge?  He chew his breakfast under the shower and brush his teeth while cleaning up this morning, of course anything could go wrong now.

He is about to scan the entire room to find the younger male, but someone suddenly fills the seat Jongdae just abandon distracts him.

"Kyungsoo," Baekhyun greets the man with his playful smile.

Kyungsoo just glances over him, gives him a polite smile, and returning his focus back to the front.

This is not bad right? Kyungsoo looks like he's one of the excellent student here. Plus, he's Chanyeol's friend, then they're practically friends too. It shouldn't be hard to finish this new project... Right?

 

And oh boy how wrong was he.

"I don't understand," Baekhyun plumps to the couch groaning, brows knitted with one another, "What have I ever done to make him treat me disgracedly like this?!"

He doesn't understand. Well, his project with Kyungsoo is going perfectly fine, with this pace they really could finished it on time, early even. But the main problem of all is how the interaction with both males. 

Kyungsoo tends to ignore him most of the times. Either he was just goofing around or make a harmless joke, he'd never give the other a reaction and it gives Baekhyun a cold feet. Kyungsoo would just glances over him, and turn his focus again like Baekhyun doesn't worth his attention.

After their first day as partner, they've agreed to meet every lunch on weekday to discuss about the project-- about the data, research, conclusion, facts, and the final drafts. Kyungsoo never talks more than necessary, usually leaving Baekhun babbling alone with his nonsense between the silence gap.

Does Kyungsoo even listen to him? Sometimes it irritates him to see Kyungsoo just keep writing in his notes, completely ignoring him.

Jongdae chuckles, pretty much enjoying the state Baekhyun is currently in. "I mean, I won't be surprised if a person like him finds you unbearable to handle."

"Nonsense. He's friends with Chanyeol, he isn't any better."

The man with the kitten smile clicks his tongue, "Well, that's true though." Now frowning as well, "Are you sure you didn't do anything to him in particular to pissed him off?"

"No!" Baekhyun snaps frustratingly.

It just feels really awkward because Kyungsoo seems like he doesn't wanna talk to him. He huffs, "This is going to be a long three months."

"You sure you aren't imagining things?"

And Baekhyun sends him a sharp glare. "I might be annoying but i'm not delusional, Jongdae." 

He sure about that, and he is also sure about how he hates Jongdae finds his situation is so funny. He should've being simpathetic now. 

"We aren't a match, that's all." Baekhyun defends again.

It's a common knowledge by Baekhyun by now. As a very active person-- there's no way there would be no people that weren’t irked by his behaviour. It was pretty hard to handle when he was still in middle school, it just doesn't add up to him how someone could really hated him only because he's good at socializing. 

Well-- good is an humble phrase. He was probably too eager and impulsive. 

He has learned to accept the fact that he can't pleased everyone by now. He has learned not to give a , ignore them who dislikes him by who he was.

But Kyungsoo-- he is a different case.

He knows he is being unreasonable right now, but there’s something in the other male that draws him closer, attracts him like the other magnet. He wants to know, he wants to find out what it is. What it is behind his demeanor that's as thick as a wall, behind that unreadable expression that frustrates him til no end. Behind that pure dark ink orbs behind his eyelids.

Curiosity is lurking under his skin.

Because no matter how many times Baekhyun tries to pretend it didn’t happen, his body couldn’t do the same. The feeling every time Kyungsoo watches him as he talks, every time he put his gaze on him. It’s too deep. Thrilling. It makes Baekhyun feel he is the only amusing object there.

He doesn’t dislike it.


---


Baekhyun watches as Kyungsoo approaches his table with his order on his hand. It's weekend now, and Baekhyun has suggested them to discuss their next project in a café near their campus. It's quieter there and they could talk more freely regardless of time. They don't have to rush to get to the next class, it would be great for the sake of their project.

Of course Kyungsoo agreed easily, seemingly doesn't care too much as long as it's connected with his campus material.

"Hope you didn't wait too long," Kyungsoo says nonchalantly, gives Baekhyun a subtle smile. Which Baekhyun replies with a slightly more bright smile, saying something like no it's okay and else.

"Alright.. we got our theme and title, do you have any ideas where we should get our references from?" As Kyungsoo put his attention on his phone screen. Looking et their previous discussion, probably.

"Library?"

And Kyungsoo looks up with an eyebrow raised, gaze straightly looking into Baekhyun’s. “Are you being serious right now?”

“Um, yeah? You asked where and I answered.”

“Our reference. Where we should get our reference from, Baekhyun?”

“The library!”

For the nth time today Baekhyun frowns. Is there something wrong with his answer? It’s true, they should search to the library! Why is he should joke about it? What kind of answer is he expe—

“Final development of a better environment by Yoo Jeong, Seoul geographic and climate by Kim Seon, and a few more of Kim Seon’s collection and report about the subject.”

Kyungsoo emphasizes at the period, and turns his focus back to his phone as he types something in it. It’s not long until he makes eye contact again with the latter.

That’s, the kind of references that I have in mind.”

It’s cold, underestimating, tone almost mean in Baekhyun’s dictionary. But he doesn’t have time to outback, not to protest and complains about his answer is technically not wrong, just not so specific. But with a frown still painted on his face, he can’t think of anything to fight back. 

“We’re still going to search it in the library though,” Baekhyun mumbles softly before he takes a bite of his sandwich, ears tinge red, tries to distract himself, act like he is annoyed. Ignoring these weird feelings coiling inside his stomach. He notices Kyungsoo’s eyes who briefly looking up to see him, but ignores it. It’s always been like that in their meetings. With Kyungsoo’s nonchalant hum, nods, and a few limited sentences companying Baekhyun’s story.

“I think we should decide on this forest to be our research object. It has the most natural disaster in the past few years and I think a bit of vacation won’t hurt right? I heard that city has a lot of delicious street food, too.”

Baekhyun beams at himself before continuing, “I’ve used to go there when I was a child, to see my grandmother.” He stares dreamily at the empty air. “It was an unfortunate because i don’t have the time to wander around by myself.”

The café music changes into something more slow, comforting. Baekhyun sees as Kyungsoo sips on his drink, and hums. Baekhyun, also sees of the other piercing gaze, boring into him.


---


He has said it and he’s gonna say it again.

Sehun is such an . 

Yesterday is his day to clean up the dorm and he didn’t. Like it didn’t piss off Baekhyun so much already, Sehun also texted him he will stay over at his friend’s apartment for a few days starting that night. He couldn’t even confront the other because he isn’t home yet. that younger prick. Getting home to a bunch of mess isn’t pleasing, at all. 

Especially when you get back at 2 AM expecting a nice and clean place to get home to. So, even when tiredness already drowning him and swallowing him down, he stills force himself to at least clean it a little.

He just glad he only has an afternoon class today. Because he’s ing exhausted.

His eyes are sore, god, he really want a rest.

“What’s wrong?”

Baekhyun snaps out of his thought. Head sternly getting back into place after moving back and forth slightly out of doziness. He squeezes his eyes to open it more clearly, trying to comprehend the situation. “Mm?” 

“You’ve been so quiet so far, did something happen?”

Baekhyun soft groans, “Why d’ya care?” as he lazily open his eyes. Kyungsoo should be grateful Baekhyun is not in the mood to talk right now. Why is he even bother asking?

He sees as Kyungsoo’s shrugs, eyes still looking straight to the laptop screen in front. “Why not? I like hearing you talk.”

Baekhyun flinches slightly, eyes flickering like he tries to assure he heard right. The edge of his lips twitches, almost like he’s holding back a mocking laugh. 

“Nonsense, you hate it.” he mutters softly, quiet disbelief and mock vivid in his tone. But his eyes can’t cooperate, when all they do is wandering to see the truth beneath the words. 

“What made you think so?”
There’s confusion dusting with entertainment in the edge of his words. He’s not sure if Kyungsoo aware of what he’s talking about.

“What? Let alone responding, you never even listen to me! Is this a joke or something?” Baekhyun thinks he let out a frustrated sigh more audible than he has intended.

It’s crowded in the cafetaria, to think that it’s lunch time. Noises and gathering voices of laughter and words are occupying the limited room within the said cafet\aria. But a breath huff of laugh Kyungsoo just let out, steal his breath away for a mere sec. It’s not even laugh laugh, just a train of breathy inaudible giggles, with full, plump lips that stretched into a sweet heart shape, with the wrinkles around he the edge of his eyes. 

Baekhyun eyes widen in such revelation of the trickiest expression Baekhyun just realized he never witnessed it himself.

“What’s so funny?” Baekhyun tries to retorts in the empty gap of Kyungsoo’s amused chuckles. But it comes out weak, and he can’t do anything about it.

Kyungsoo breaths out a soft sigh through his nose. Baekhyun hates how Kyungsoo still has his focus to the laptop screen. 

“Your professor on your Monday class is a . He berated the entire class constantly. He tends to ask a lot of questions but everytime someone answers, even though their answer is right he would twist their answers to make it wrong. You love dogs. Last week you spent almost an entire lunch time to rant how you saw a bunch of dogs on your way here and it made you missed your dog at home. It’s a corgi, and it’s name is mongryong. Other day you talked about there’s a new café near our uni that just open and how bad you wanted to try it. We went there last weekend. And yesterday, you used to go to this city to visit your grandmother. You’ve always wanted to wander around but couldn’t, so going there for our research would be a great opportunity,” Kyungsoo paused. He looks up and fixated his eyes into Baekhyun’s, catching him off guard.

Then he huffs, amused, “And today.. you talked how I never listen to you.”

And the bell rings, signaling that the break is over.

_


“I made a mistake.”

“You always made a mistake,”

Baekhyun annoyedly spares Jongdae a glance. “Whatever, but i’m being serious now. It’s about Kyungsoo.”

And seemingly it’s enough to peek the other’s interest. “Is that why you weren’t at the same table as him today?”

“Well, yeah, Mr. Obvious.”

“You should’ve told me sooner,”

“My pardon, I didn’t want to disturb you and your new lovey dovey partner.” Baekhyun says sarcastically.

Jongdae rolls his eyes. “It’s Junmyeon. And how the are we lovey dovey?” 

“Like I wouldn’t recognize the vice president of student council. Somehow you are and I honestly wouldn’t forgive you if you date him.”

And Jongdae ridiculously laugh at that. “You’re crazy. I told you we are not.” then, "And actually the main reason Junmyeon refuses to work together with you and Kyungsoo because he thinks you two are dating, and he doesn't want to disturb a love-bird. Imagine that."

Baekhyun scoffs. "That's, what I call bull. He just wanna spend time with you. Let alone dating, everyone can judge Kyungsoo and I are not close,"

Jongdae just roll his eyes, "Whatever, okay? He's not my type and you know that well. I would never date him, you can relax now."

Either way, Baekhyun’s gaze still boring into him, like he’s dead serious. It’s not like he hates this Junmyeon person or something, but he subtly aware of Sehun’s crush towards the said man. And perhaps he is an at times, but he’s still his best friend and Baekhyun would gladly help him.

“Now, tell me what kind of mess you’ve done now,”

Baekhyun groans. “I made him mad.”

“You made a lot of people mad, be more specific,”

It’s late evening in Jongdae’s dorm now, because Baekhyun doesn’t want to mess up his newly cleaned dorm room and it’s too lonely there.

“Honestly,” 

But somehow Jongdae manages to irritates him this much. So he gets up. He really, really wanted to go back and curl inside his blanket now.

“i’m done talking.”

Honestly, he doesn’t know why he’s being so sensitive recently. Is this the kind of mood swings girl’s feel when they’re on their period? Shout out to them then for bearing with this monthly. Baekhyun feels like he could lost it anytimes. 

So he stomps out of the room, and go to his dorm.

when are u going to get back and face the reality u don’t live in a fancy apartment?

He texts Sehun. Which roughly could be translated to get back quickly brat, it’s become lonely here.

He locked his phone and closed his eyes shut once he lies down on his bed. He avoided Kyungsoo today out of awkwardness and guilt. He didn’t intend to avoid him even, his instinct just running and he ended up eating in the other side of uni, skin hot out of running to make it on time.

Accusing someone over something they didn’t do is Baekhyun’s pet peeve. So to be the person he clearly hates fill a heavy lump to his throat. For god’s sake, he’s been cursing and assuming how bad Kyungsoo is this whole time only to be slap by how Kyungsoo was just being himself.

And Kyungsoo probably waited for him. Great, now he feels bad again.

He opens his eyes as he feels his phone vibrates, expecting Sehun’s reply. So when he look through his notifications, his eyes widens. It’s Kyungsoo.

hi baekhyun 

im thinking to fulfill our research and data tomorrow at that forest. meet me tomorrow at 10 at the north station?

i was supposed to tell u this today but u weren’t there. everythings fine?

Baekhyun’s heart beats in his chest. His finger ghosting above the screen, body shifts lightly so he’s half sitting, reading thoroughly the texts Kyungsoo has sent him. No, oh my god, he can’t be nervous now. not now.

hi to u too, kyungsoo

sorry for not showing up. everything’s fine! i just had stuff to do,.. shoulda informed u. and 10 tmrw, haha yea, of course, that totally works for me. see u there

Kyungsoo replies, unsurprisingly quick.

great, see u there.
try to have enough rest this time, baekhyun.

And Baekhyun stares at Kyungsoo’s last message, probably too long than necessary.

 

---

 

As planned, they meet at 10 today. Baekhyun offers him a crooked smile, which Kyungsoo reply with a soft smile. The other male wears a black hoodie, which kinda funny because Baekhyun wears a white privé hoodie. The contrast of their outfit is pretty frantic, Baekhyun thinks.

Kyungsoo also wears a matching black pants, with a gray hat on his head. And.. a glasses. He doesn't think he ever see Kyungsoo with one. Right? Why it feels weirdly familiar is quite unsettling, the black rimmed glasses is too common anyways, so he shrugs the familiriaty away.

They change a brief converstation, Baekhyun is agitated, tries to whisk away his awkwardness. It feels weird, to be the one that's fidgety, and play with his fingers. He has witnessed a lot of people done it, elementary school experience, even until he's in university now. There would be always at least one person with bad nervousness. At those times he couldn't see himself to be pne of them. Hell, he loves attention.

So this whole thing.. kind of over-whelms him, somehow in a way that makes him crave for more.

their trip to that certain city using train takes at least 30 minutes, and it was a quiet one.

well, not the train, the train is still crowded as usual. hot and packed with people.

once they’re arrived they don’t waste anytime on doing their task. Kyungsoo taking pictures of the place, Baekhyun taking notes of whatever Kyungsoo is saying.

He also interviewes a few people that near lives the said place about the issue and about the natural disasters there. Baekhyun tries his best to catch up and taking notes of all the necessary things he should write down and record.

Believe it or not, they’re finished in less than 2 hours, leaving their second and third chapter drafts all done. If they keep it this way they could’ve done their final drafts and make the proper report by the next two weeks with the due date would be still left a month. damn.

“We’re done?”
Baekhyun asks again, disbelief laughs accompanying him.

“Yup, all done,” Kyungsoo replies with the same tone of amusement.

“Damn, we’re done!” And Baekhyun just cannot help his ear to ear laugh, satisfied and somehow very relieving.

“Can we eat something now? we haven’t eaten anything since we arrived here.” 

They decided to eat eventually, to think they haven’t eaten anything since they’ve arrived here. They’re picking the closest junk food restaurant. Quite a junk food restaurant but not really since it’s still decorated and smells a lot like local. Ordering couldn't get any faster.

So they pick their seat and eat their burger peacefully.

Sometimes Baekhyun steals glances to the male in his front, as he slowly chew his late meal. Slowly observing and admiring the said man. He‘s aware objectively Kyungsoo isn’t bad himself physically, good-looking even, in his taste. With those firm features nice curves how could he not? Thruthfully the way Kyungsoo working just then is so.. what? Professional. The way he observes the place, interviews the villagers, making a few conclusion towards the issue, holy . It's like he knows perfectly what he's doing.

If he doesn't know better, he'd probably mistake Kyungsoo as an some news recources or some professional worker and not some college students roaming around to get an A from their partnered-project.

Baekhyun swallows, then takes another big bite.

He always finds Kyungsoo attractive, he does. He has said it before he knew everyone in his class. Being Chanyeol's roommate was a bonus point.

But the glasses. 

, the glasses. Baekhyun needs to get a grip on his hamburger because it makes Kyungsoo looks ten times more attractive.

He chews slowly, doesn’t realize he probably takes his eyes on Kyungsoo for too long. Kyungsoo raises one of his eyebrows against Baekhyun stares, basically stating Baekhyun is busted, startling the man off guard. 

“What?” Kyungsoo dares to say with an amused tone.

“What?” Baekhyun asks back with an awkward laugh, gazes sprinting every where, covering his possible dusted pink cheeks as the impact of the hot weather. Although the restaurant has aircons. Damnit. What is wrong with him?

Kyungsoo just scoffs, as he keeps chewing on his half eaten burger. “Where are we going after this?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Hm?” Baekhyun slightly flinches, darting his eyes back again to meet Kyungsoo’s. “The train station?”

“To..?”

“..Our dorm?” Baekhyun finishes hesitately, eyes wincing.

Kyungsoo quirks an eyebrow, as he challenging the elder man to answer the thing he wanted to hear, but at the same time, doesn't expecting an answer at all. Kyungsoo swallows his last bite gradually, matching the pace with Baekhyun. After they finished their meal until it's last drop, they walk out, and go straight to the train station. Baekhyun doesn't bring up a thing, nor saying a word, following Kyungsoo steps mindlessly.

It's when he already steps inside the train, he realizes they move to the opposite way from their city.

His blood pumps fastly inside his veins, rushing his heart beats beating, and beating, slightly quickly.

"Kyungsoo, where are we going?" Baekhyun dares asking, vigilantly.

Kyungsoo's upper face is covered by the hat, his eyes never leaving his front. His face is unbearably stern and unreadable, which Baekhyun knows his old self would get annoyed and probably take offense of. But things changed, and he starts to learn new things, step by step.

''Thought a bit of vacation won't hurt."

And Kyungsoo's answer is soft in his ears, despite how solid it is. Baekhyun can't help his automatic beaming smile, ineventably excited. Oh boy, he is excited.

Wandering around are exciting, with no certain destination to reach for. They stop at one station before where the local sreet food held, decided to go there by bus or walk, Baekhyun prefers, because it's more fun that way. They wouldn't miss a single view and scenery, and actually could enjoy it more thoroughly. Plus, they can talk to each other more comfortably.

The last one is totally a bonus, and Baekhyun clearly doesn't even think about it at all when he advices the idea. No.

"It has changed a lot than I remembered. But well," Baekhyun scoffs, "I couldn't judge because I rarely go nor pay attention to this place, y'know?"

As they walk side by side on the side road for the pedestrians. He vaguely remember the place, or at least feels the familiarity of the scenery he usually only used to see through the car window.

"Well, good thing you are doing it right now," Kyungsoo briefly replies, "Just an unfortunate you've wasted years to do so, huh?" As he refinedly snickers, earning a jokingly offended gasp from the other male.

"In my defense, i have my reasons,"

"Yup, totally sounds like a legit reason." Kyungsoo teases.

"It's hard being a busy man, see? I'm working hard,"

"Asking people once a week for a dance battle doesn't count as work, Baekhyun."

"Who defines that?? sorry to break it out to you but it is and my dance moves are worth a buck."

And they both laugh at the ridiculous choice of topic. Giggles vacantly that he feels it lifts some of the weigh on his shoulder. It feels really relieving. Either because he hasn't had time to slack off recently and is really, really exhausted, or perharps because the satisfied feeling of how he and Kyungsoo are basically in good-terms now.

But it doesn't remove the weird lump in his chest at why Kyungsoo has acted the way he did at the first times they met. 

But Baekhyun refrains on bring up so. There's more likely a chance it will just get them to their starting point.

So as he jokes around with Kyungsoo, looking around and checking the place together, wasting money on street foods he probably will regret later or not at all, hell, it is deliscious and legit worth the money! And as he's sharing an ice cream with the other man, trying so hard not to squeal out of feverishness of the wonderful day he just had, he let go of thought. 

 

"..so after the mess he made, he puts the blame on the ing dog! ridiculous, right?" Baekhyun half laughing, as he scrunches his nose, tries to make his point clearer. 

Kyungsoo laughs, too, for the nth time today. And Baekhyun, after gets ignored for this past two weeks, decides he likes hearing Kyungsoo laughs the most. Decides it really suits Kyungsoo. He's not sure but he thinks it'll rings in his ear for the next few days and, that's not a bad idea.

"Must be if he was telling the truth," Kyungsoo says, followed by Baekhyun entertained laughter as he let out an agreeing sound.

They're on a walk to their dorm, sky now dark on top of their heads, either the path they're walking on now. Street lights with frieflies glow illuminating their way, dim. The night breeze is chilly as they put on their feet, step by step. Maybe since their meetings, this is the most comfortable silence they ever encounter. Baekhyun is looking up, facing the moon light as he refuses to talk about some random topic, infers he enjoys the silence more. And Baekhyun hates silence.

At last, his gaze falls at Kyungsoo. It's slightly frigid, he's aware. So he can't really explain the warmth tickling under his skin. It's a long day, and they're both exhausted, kinda sweaty even that he brings it up. He thinks it's a fair point his mind is kinda cryptic, craving to rest already.

"You look really good with your glasses on."

Baekhyun blurts out.

He doesn't really know what he was thinking, but he certains he was supposed to say it in his head, and absolutely not aloud. Or his rebellious side of him believe Kyungsoo deserves to know that fact, whatsover.

Kyungsoo looks at Baekhyun, quirks an eyebrow. Baekhyun mind is running fast before he can even reconsider it. "No, I don't mean you only look good with  glasses on-- You also look good without them! but with them it makes it better, you know--? wait it sounded rude-- did it sound rude? oh my god, whatsover, you know what I'm tr--"

His babbles of sentences are interrupted by a bubble of laughs of Kyungsoo, filling the silent night.

"It's not funny," Baekhyun replies meekly as he punches Kyungsoo upper arm lightly, he thinks he blushes a little out of embarassment. 

Kyungsoo has a consoled giggles when he responds, "Sorry, It's just funny because that was exactly what you said last time,"

"Last time?" Baekhyun repeats, interest peeking behind his head. He doesn't have a particular reason, because aside it puzzles him a bit he is sure Kyungsoo mistaken some incident and Baekhyun grins, wants to about it.

"Yeah, y'know, at Chanyeol's party las--"

He grins the whole time, but it fades away gradually as he sees how Kyungsoo's demeanor abruptly change, cutting his own sentence. What was it? Chanyeol's party last time? He remembered it's the last time they met and the time he had out. Baekhyun plays with his fungers, but he doesn't know-- what's so important?

Kyungsoo looks, intense? His face down as he-- he's not sure-- disturbed? Baekhyun frowns eventually, worried he might've said something wrong. 

"Right," Kyungsoo laughs softly before Baekhyun can say anything, pain tinge at the edge.

"You don't remember anything from that night."