Fin

Rollercoaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoohyeon is too much.

 

Yoohyeon is too much for Siyeon. The older girl had been biting her tongue to stop herself from drooling at the sight of the younger girl dancing in front of the mirror in their practice room. They had been practicing Scream since noon, and they were currently taking a break. It doesn't stop the younger though as she still goes through the choreography even if JiU had already told her that she can take it easy.

 

"Just a few more." Is what Yoohyeon says before dancing again. 

 

Siyeon looks around the room; Gahyeon and Dami are watching something funny on the maknae's phone, JiU went outside to buy snacks, and even SuA's just laying on the floor, phone in front of her face. She heaves a sigh, pretending to be scrolling on her phone while stealing glances at Yoohyeon.

 

The younger was still dancing, counting the steps under her breath. Siyeon avoids the sight, wearing her earphones to distract herself.


 

After five minutes or so, a head lays on her shoulder. That familiar scent was enough to make her freeze and stare at the girl who had the audacity to do that.

 

Siyeon points out. "You're sweating so hard."

 

You're still so beautiful though, is what she wants to add but she refrains herself. 

 

Yoohyeon chuckles, "I know, unnie." She whines and buries her face on Siyeon's neck now, "I'm tired."

 

"You didn't have to practice more, really. You're already good." Siyeon compliments, looking everywhere except Yoohyeon.

 

"Thanks." Yoohyeon says, her warm breath hitting Siyeon's neck. 

 

The action caused the older girl to feel shivers in her spine. She forms a fist with her hand and hides it on her side. Damn, she can't hear my heart beating fast, she can't. Calm down, calm the f-

 

"Unnie, you're tense." Yoohyeon whispers, nuzzling more closer on her neck. 

 

Siyeon gulps, and takes a breather. When she still wasn't showing any signs of calming down, Yoohyeon regretfully removes herself from the comfort of Siyeon's neck and stares at the latter's eyes. "Are you okay?"

 

Siyeon gulps, avoiding her gaze before answering, "I'm fine. It's just hot."

 

Yoohyeon raises an eyebrow, but doesn't press further. Before she can say a word, Siyeon hastily stands up and announces, "I'm going to find Minji unnie."

 

The others only stared at Siyeon's retreating figure, sharing glances as if they knew something while Yoohyeon stared dumbly at the door where Siyeon got out.

 

 

 

Siyeon ruffles her hair after she goes out. A string of curses leaving as she processed what happened. I'm too obvious, what if they noticed? What if they knew? What if Yoohyeon wonders? What i-

 

A shake on her shoulder breaks her out from her thoughts, and meets Minji's concerned gaze. "Are you okay?"

 

Siyeon relaxes before she says, "I'm okay. Why?"

 

Minji's eyebrows scrunched, "You were standing in the hallway and ruffling your hair. And you were talking to yourself." 

 

Siyeon nervously laughs, "I'm really fine unnie, I was just thinking about something. Don't worry about it."

 

Minji just stares at her, and Siyeon fidgets her fingers. It wasn't easy to lie to Minji. After all, they spent years training together and debuting in a group, only for the said group to disband because they weren't getting as much attention as they wanted to. They became trainees once again, and debuted in a new group, with a new concept, and with an addition of two members. So, it's not really easy to lie to Kim Minji when she's basically known her for years.

 

"You can tell me anything you know." Minji starts, her intense gaze still directed at her. "Come with me."

 

As she ponders, she didn't really have a choice to refuse. Not when Minji starts using her firm tone which means you can't do anything because she's the leader. And so when Minji starts to walk away from the direction of the practice room, Siyeon trails behind her like a kicked wolf. 

 

They arrived at the rooftop and Minji took a seat at the chairs that were leant against the wall. She pats the space next to her and gazes at Siyeon with a small smile. Siyeon reluctantly joins her.

 

A few seconds passed between them, and Siyeon still nervously fidgets in her seat, her mind going hazy. What do I say? Do I lie? No, she can see through me. What should I do now?

 

A pat on her shoulder makes her whip her head to see Minji staring at her. "You can let it out."

 

A sentence. A sentence is all that it takes to make Siyeon's eyes b with tears. 

 

"Unnie." She chokes out. 

 

A pair of arms engulfs her and she leans on the older girl's embrace. Tears escalating from her eyes. Minji rubs her back to comfort her, "It's okay. Just let it all out."

 

Siyeon just cries silently, gripping the hem of Minji's shirt. 

 

Calm down. You're embarrassing yourself.

 

She takes a breath and exhales it shakily, and leans out of Minji's embrace. The latter lets her go. She fans her face, continuously inhaling and exhaling during intervals of time to calm herself down. Minji just looks at her.

 

"You've calmed down now?" Minji asks after five minutes. 

 

"Yes, thanks unnie." Siyeon says while wiping her tear-stained eyes. 

 

"Are you willing to share? You can lessen the burden, you know."

 

Siyeon becomes silent, but soon starts talking. "It's becoming too difficult for me to supress my feelings, unnie. These feelings are threatening to erupt. I'm afraid that these feelings will just burst out one day."

 

She doesn't need to look to see Minji's face, because she knows that the older girl is surprised already. She doesn't notice Minji clenching the hem of her shirt at her side nor her blinking rapidly as if something went into her eyes.

 

She stays silent, and thinks she has to wait for Minji to process what she said. But every expectation can be wrong, so she gasps when Minji only hums and says, "I know. It’s Yoohyeon, right?"

 

She turns to the older girl and asks, "You know?" 

 

Minji only nods.

 

"How?" She asks once again.

 

"It was obvious since the beginning," Minji chuckles, "Took you long enough to figure it out." Too long for me being relieved that you'll also look on my way. Minji thought.

 

"I just figured it out two months ago, unnie.” Siyeon gapes, “It’s ridiculous.”

 

“Feelings aren’t ridiculous, Singnie.” Minji starts, “I’m just perceptive. Would you tell Yoohyeon?”

 

“I don’t know,” Siyeon stares at her lap, “It can affect the dynamics of the group, you know.”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Minji dismisses, “We can all figure it out later. Besides, your well-being is important too.You might go crazy.”

 

Siyeon only laughs, “I’ll think about it first, unnie.” 

 

She hugs the older girl, her head leaning at the space between Minji’s neck and collarbone. She doesn’t notice the older girl slightly wincing, her eyes slowly blurring. “Thank you,” she whispers.

 

Minji returns the hug, clearing . “No problem.” She teases, “At least I can hear you gush about her.” 

 

Siyeon just slaps Minji’s back lightly, “We have to go back now. They’re probably waiting already.”

 

Minji only nods, her smile not reaching her eyes. “Lets.”

 

 

 

I’m going to find Minji unnie, which is what Yoohyeon hears before Siyeon turns her back and walks quickly to the direction of the door. 

 

She scans the room, catching the member’s gazes at her before going back to what they were doing.

 

She sighs and combs a hand on her hair. Did I do something wrong? They were looking at me. Is Siyeon unnie mad at me? Do I confront her or what?

 

She shakes her head at the thought and also stands up, “I’m gonna get myself a drink.”

 

The members only hum in response and Yoohyeon finds herself walking on the hallway to go to the vending machine. While she’s putting coins in the slot of the machine, she sees Minji and Siyeon on the other hallway going to the direction of the rooftop. They didn’t notice her, but she saw how Minji’s face was stoic while Siyeon only had her eyes on the ground trailing behind Minji. She shrugs and continues putting the coins. After she is done putting the coins, she chooses her drink and watches as it falls on the bottom of the machine. She crouches down and picks it up. She opens her drink and sips in the bottle. A few gulps was enough to quench her thirst.

 

As she was done, her mind began to wander. They say that when a person tries to shrug off something, their mind always unconsciously goes back to think about it. Yoohyeon isn’t an exception.  She wasn’t aware that she’s gripping the bottle tightly in her hand and her feet moving towards the rooftop. She returns into reality when she hears a whine and a laugh following the sound. She opens the door slightly, enough for an eye to peek on the space of the door. Minji has her back from the door and Siyeon’s face was buried in the crook of Minji’s neck. She hears Minji chuckling and sees Siyeon slapping the older’s back. 

 

Her heart clenched at the sight, and she gripped the bottle tightly in her hand once again. Before she could see more, she closed the door silently, and took strides to go back to the practice room. I have to be distracted. I need to be.  

 

 

 

SuA screaming at something and the maknae line laughing their asses off greeted Minji and Siyeon when they came back to the practice room. Siyeon automatically glances at Yoohyeon who's now huddled in the corner of the room, absentmindedly playing with the bottle on her hand, her eyes trained on the screen of her phone. 

 

She hears a small snicker beside her and she looks at Minji who has this smirk plastered on her face, her eyebrows raising up and down. The younger only sighs, before going to Yoohyeon. 

 

She plops down next to the unmoving girl, her attention still focused on her phone's screen for

some reason. Siyeon nudges her slightly but Yoohyeon is still distracted. 

 

"Yoohyeon-ah."

 

The latter hums and Siyeon pouts. "Ya, you why are you ignoring me?"

 

Yoohyeon's playful gaze meets her eyes and she feels her heart beating rapidly. Before she can feel the heat creeping to her cheeks, she avoids her gaze and stares at the other side of the room.

 

"Sorry, unnie." She hears Yoohyeon say, "I'm just tired."

 

Siyeon nods and chuckles, "I'm kidding. It's fine."

 

She hears a pfft on her side, and sees Yoohyeon trying to stop her laughter from erupting. Knowing that she can make the atmosphere between them light again, she playfully headlocks the younger girl, and Yoohyeon finally erupts into fits of laughter. 

 

"I'm kid-ding, that...was...a joke" Yoohyeon tries to say while in fits of laughter.

 

They don’t notice the members’ looks on them nor their exchanging glances between Minji - who pretends that she’s unbothered - and Siyeon and Yoohyeon laughing. When they calmed down, they realized that they were the only ones that were loud and instantly averted their gazes when the two girls turned to them. To prevent the atmosphere from becoming awkward again, Bora stands up and claps. “Back to  practice.”

 

They all stood up and Bora played Scream on the speakers again. They went to their designated spots and Siyeon released a sigh. Let’s do this..

 

 

It wasn't a secret from the members nor their fans that Siyeon likes to go to bed early to rest. So Minji was surprised when someone taps her in the middle of the night when she's on her back and staring at the wall beside her. 

 

She turns and sees Siyeon, her hair disheveled and she's groggy. Did she just wake up in the middle of the night?

 

"Siyeon?" She whispers, afraid to wake Dami who's on the other side of the room.

 

"Unnie." Siyeon whispers back, her eyes half-lidded, and her voice hoarse. 

 

You're hot even if you just woke up, Minji wants to say but refrains herself. 

 

"Scoot over, unnie." 

 

Minji raises an eyebrow in the dimly-lighted room, but moves near the wall. Siyeon climbs up and takes the space that Minji emptied and lays down. The younger one closes her eyes, breathing evenly that Minji thought she fell asleep again. 

 

Minji just stares at Siyeon's face. Eyes tracing how her eyelashes were slightly curled, her nose, and up to her lips.

 

Her lips. Minji unconsciously her own lips. I wonder what they taste like-

 

"-nnie? Unnie" Siyeon calls and Minji breaks from her reverie, and sees that the younger has still her eyes closed. 

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I can feel you staring." Siyeon opens an eye and stares at her, "Am I that pretty?"

 

The prettiest. Minji clears and smiles even though Siyeon can't see her clearly. "I'm comparing whether you're prettier or I am."

 

Siyeon only gives a low chuckle and turns so she can face the older girl. "You're prettier than I am, unnie." She tucks a strand of hair behind Minji's ear and whines after, "Can we cuddle? I can't really sleep."

 

Minji nervously nods, afraid that Siyeon can hear her heart making loud beats. "Small or big spoon?"

 

"Big spoon." Siyeon smiles, "It's time for me to take care of you, too."

 

Siyeon spreads her arms and Minji uses the younger's right arm as a pillow. Siyeon releases a hush giggle once again.

 

"What?" Minji asks. 

 

"You're stiff as a board, unnie." Siyeon points out, "Come closer."

 

Minji gulps and scoots more. She can smell a flowery scent from the younger one, and she moves closer, her nose almost touching Siyeon's shirt. She can feel and hear Siyeon releasing a low chuckle above her. "Are you okay now?"

 

"Yeah, I'm fine."

 

Minji, feeling bold this time since the younger can't see her, puts an arm on Siyeon's waist, and scoots more closer until she can hear Siyeon's heart beating faintly. She was content and on the verge of falling asleep when Siyeon engulfs her more by putting her other arm around her. 

 

"Goodnight, unnie"  and a kiss on her forehead is the last thing she remembers before sleep takes over her.


 

 

 

Siyeon found herself still lying awake in the middle of the night. They have another promotion on a music show just a few hours ahead and here she is, staring blankly on the wall in front of her. Thoughts continued to swarm in her head. 

 

If I tell Yoohyeon that I like her, what would the outcome be?

 

What if I'm just not going to tell her what I feel and just move on quietly?

 

What if this affects the group? What would happen to us?

 

When will I tell her? 

 

Do I really like her or -

 

This made Siyeon stop. Why is she doubting her feelings for Yoohyeon when she was sure that she likes her already?

 

A whine and someone snuggling closer to her makes her remember something. 

 

Right, Minji unnie.

 

Siyeon releases a sigh, unconsciously raising her hand to comb through Minji's hair. The older girl leans to the touch, and Siyeon doesn't notice that she smiled.

 

I'll worry about it in the morning.

 

Maybe she wrapped her arms tighter around Minji that night. Maybe her heart pounded furiously in her chest. Maybe she wanted to lean in and kiss Minji. Maybe she's doubting now who weighs more between the two girls.

 

Siyeon doesn't know.

 

 

 

Bora wakes up the earliest among all of them. She's the one who cooks for them, so yes, she has to wake up early. So it isn't unusual that she is also the one who wakes up all of them. She goes to Siyeon, Minji, and Dami's room first. 

She chuckles evilly, planning to wake up the trio by jumping into their beds.

 

She slowly twists the door knob, her eyes squinting slightly to navigate the dim lighted room. A curse word escapes on her lips when she bumps into something. She winces at the pain that shoots through her body. 

 

Who should I jump into first? Siyeon?

 

She pats the lower bunk to atleast know where Siyeon is positioned but there was no one there. The bed was cold, and Siyeon's captain america blanket was on the side, folded neatly.

 

Don't tell me Siyeon's up already? she treasures sleep and wasn't in the kitchen too so where is she?

 

She stands up, going one step at the ladder to the top bunk. I'll wake Minji then.

 

A flash of confusion spreads through her face when she feels that there's more than one person at the top bunk. Don't tell me?

 

She unlocks her phone, and sets her flashlight to the lowest bar and shines them on the wall so it can reflect at least a bit of a light on the figures on the bed. Bora nearly cooes at the sight of Siyeon hugging Minji, the older girl's head placed near Siyeon's heart, a small smile on the side of her lips. 

 

Bora smirks and presses the camera app on her phone. A photo can do it. She presses the flash button, praying that they won't wake up because of it. When she took a shot, she stopped to check if one of the girls moved, and when she saw that there was none, she steps back, and heads to the door. 

 

I guess I'll go to the other room first then. They are a bunch of idiots.

 

 

 

A series of loud knocks to the other room causes Siyeon to wake up, violet blinding her line of sight. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly for a second, and relief washes into her features when she remembered what happened.

 

She removes the violet strands that blinded her sight and looks down on the figure laying peacefully on her chest. She feels that their legs are tangled and Minji's hand is inside of her shirt, her hand laying on her toned stomach. She unintentionally lets out a shiver, the cold tips of Minji's fingers bringing an unexpected warmth through her body.  

 

I have to get up. She carefully removes herself from Minji, getting a plushie from the side of the older girl's bed so the latter can hug someone. Minji whines, and buries herself to the plushie, hugging it tight.

 

Siyeon lets out a smile, and steps down. She glances at Minji's figure before completely stepping out of their room.

 

 

Streaks of light hit Minji's face as she burrowed more to the plushie that she's unknowingly hugging. She spreads her arms, eyes opening at the loss of contact of something warm. 

 

She leans on her arm, the blanket covering her slipping out of her shoulder. She rubs her eyes and yawns. Where did Siyeon go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter