fin.

Hide 'n Seek
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Quick, hide me!"

Sieun heard a male voice announced in a panicked-like tone before looking up with a questioning expression. She spotted a familiar face and her lips quirked upwards as she wondered what her friend did this time around.

"What did you do, Jisung?"

"Nothing." Jisung answered as he tried to hide within Sieun's belongings.

"You have to have done something because you hardly hang out in the library and people rarely come to this side of it."

"Which is exactly a great hiding spot for me right now."

He grinned at her while shuffling around her things as he pushed her out from her desk and settled himself underneath it while bringing her back to cover him. Sieun had her own private-like table at a secluded area within the library. After hanging out here since her freshman year and doing a work study, she had gotten along super well with the librarians that they made this her spot. Of course, it wouldn't be when she graduated this year, but for the time being this area was hers and hers alone. It was a perfect place whenever she had to study or needed a sanctuary from everything else.

"Stay like this and act like I'm not here." Jisung instructed her. "And if someone asks for me, act like you don't know me."

Sieun didn't respond and continued her studying before she was interrupted. Jisung frowned believing that his friend didn't hear him and patted her thigh impatiently as he repeated what he had said before. Still, Sieun didn't react and Jisung pushed her out to pop out his head to glare at her.

"Did you not hear me?"

Sieun paused and looked down at him.

"You told me to act like you're not here and that I don't know you."

"Oh, at least acknowledged that fact so I would know that I'm not talking to air."

"Do you wanna get caught for whatever you did or do you want me to help you?"

"Alright, alright."

Jisung backed off as he returned back to his position while pulling Sieun's chair back into its place again. She smirked as she went back to her books before hearing another voice loudly muttering stuff. Jisung started to slightly freak upon hearing a familiar voice as he began tapping at Sieun's legs. She slightly kicked him to calm down and he stopped while letting out a quiet ow. Sieun didn't have time to laugh at her friend's misery as the other male's voice got louder. She frowned while trying to make out who was making their way back to her secret spot through the limited open spaces of the book shelves.

Sieun's eyes followed the stranger to be alert of his presence for when he rounded the last shelf and came to full view of her sight. Her whole demeanor became super confused when she spotted Sigma Kappa Zeta's Chan standing before her. Although she was a part of a sorority, but she was more low-key about her appearance and got all of her updates from her friends who were all from different houses if not her own. Sieun just didn't understand why someone like Chan was here and looking for her friend. Then it finally clicked a moment later. Jisung had joined Sigma Kappa Zeta just last year when her friend raved on and on about it after being accepted. Sieun had totally forgotten that fact.

"Oh, hi." Chan greeted her with an awkward smile. "Thought I would find someone else back here."

"Hi." Sieun greeted back out of politeness. "What kind of person were you thinking of finding?"

"Uh, a male that's part of Sigma Kappa Zeta."

"Sorry, just me a female who's not part of any sororities." She lied about being a part of a sorority.

"Wait. Aren't you a part of Nu Chi Zeta?"

"No. That's my friend."

"Chi Rho Theta?"

"No. That's another friend."

"Mu Beta Beta?"

"Nope. Another friend."

"Alpha Gamma Sigma?"

"Once again, no. That's my other friend."

"I feel like I've seen you before." Chan stated with a pensive look as Sieun shrugged like she had no idea what he was talking about.

"Yeah, I dunno."

Sieun knew. She had classes with him over the years, but didn't want to state that.

"How many friends do you have in a sorority that you're not in any of the ones that I've mentioned and which one are you a part of?" Chan asked with a puzzled look.

Sieun cast the male a similar look before responding not really telling him the whole truth again.

"Just those four, but why are you asking me about that? Aren't you looking for someone right now?"

"Oh, right. I am."

Chan let out a cough as he sheepishly looked off to the side of him before casting his eyes onto Sieun again who went back to her materials.

"Say," He began, "You wouldn't happen to know someone name Jisung, right?"

"Define which Jisung." Sieun remarked with her focus still on her things. "There's quite a few of them on campus."

"Oh, right. Um, his name is Han Jisung. He's a second year and he's a part of Sigma Kappa Zeta."

"Nope, never heard him. Sorry."

She cast Chan a wide smile in hopes that he would soon go away so that she could get rid of Jisung and return back to her own thing.

"Oh, okay. Well, if you happen to chance upon him in some way, tell him that Chan is looking for him."

"Which Chan? There's quite a few with that name, too."

"Bang Chan."

"Okay. Got it."

Sieun flashed him another smile as Chan partially got the hint.

"Okay, thank you."

Chan backed up, turned around, and was about to round the corner when he did a one-eighty and came back to face her.

"Why do you have your own desk at the back of the library?"

Sieun tried to not make a face at Chan's continuous questions of making conversations with her.

"Um, is that really important right now? I thought you needed to find someone?"

"He can wait. He actually has until the end of tonight before the game's over."

"What game?"

"Hide 'n Seek."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. The fra-"

"Wait," Sieun held up a hand for Chan to stop talking, "Houses are not supposed to reveal their secrets unless the person is a part of it."

Chan shut up immediately with widened eyes. He then pointed behind him.

"I'm just gonna go."

Sieun nodded in agreement not wanting to say anything. Chan cast her one last smile before turning around and finally leaving. Sieun was about to go back to her studies when she was sudden pushed backwards having forgotten about Jisung's hiding underneath her desk.

"Were you hitting on one of my frat bros?" Jisung questioned her while sitting on his knees now as he blocked her from resuming her studying.

"I wasn't hitting on anyone and your friend was talking to me. Not me to him." Sieun clarified.

"So why did you lie that you weren't a part of sorority?"

"Was there a need for him to know that I was a part of one? I'm graduating this year and won't see him or you ever again."

She chuckled after saying that causing the male to pout.

"Hey, that's not nice. I thought we were friends."

"We were never friends."

Jisung gasped before a playful look cross his face that Sieun caught. She spoke before he could act upon it.

"Mess with me and I'll make sure to tell Chan where you're hiding."

Jisung stopped and groaned.

"Ah, always ruining my fun."

"Right. You're the one that came to bother me."

"Oh, I did, didn't I?"

Sieun narrowed her eyes at her friend.

"Why did you come all the way here when there were other places to hiding places?"

"Because you're here."

Jisung immediately shut up, but Sieun didn't probed further on that topic not wanting to involved with it.

"Whatever. Why don't you just run along and leave me alone?"

"I can't. I have to hide out until midnight tonight."

"Why?"

"Because it's part of the game. And the game states that I-"

"Ah, ah, ah," Sieun interrupted him by placing a hand over his mouth, "You can't reveal your house's secrets."

Jisung removed her hand from his mouth a

Please log in to read the full chapter