End

Proposal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What a ty day at work! First, my intern had lost the thumbdrive that contained the presentation slides for the board meeting that was going to take place the next day. That meant that I had to re-do the whole thing from scratch. Thankfully I remembered most of what was in the document or it would have taken me ages just to finish it up again. Then all of a sudden, the company wifi was down which meant that I couldn’t get the necessary information from the company’s database. Lastly, my personal printer kept breaking down multiple times too. 

 

On top of all of that, the thing that made me feel the worst however, was that I had missed the date I had been planning with my boyfriend for days. He was finally back from his three week business trip to Rome. Meanwhile, I was meant to get out of work early that day. All of our plans for a simple stay-at-home date went down the drain. 

 

The disappointment was apparent in his voice when I conveyed the bad news to him. Thank goodness he understood my situation and didn’t get angry. However, he did sound a tad bit nervous when he said that he would see me at home later on. Maybe he was just tired.

 

As I was approaching my home, I glanced at my watch to see that it was almost 2am. I sighed sadly, the one night I had been yearning to spend with my boyfriend, ruined. He was probably already sleeping due to his hectic schedule and the time difference between Seoul and Italy.

 

After typing in the passcode to my apartment, I pushed the door and entered my home sleathily, not wanting to wake my boyfriend up if he was sleeping. The whole apartment was dark except for my room, there was a small light illuminating from there. That was odd. My boyfriend would usually turn off all the lights when he was sleeping since he was big on saving electricity. 

 

“Kyungsoo?” I called out.

 

No answer. 

 

Maybe he didn’t hear me. 

 

I tip toed towards my bedroom only to be greeted with the sight of my boyfriend down on one knee in the middle of the room. Surrounding him were rose petals in the shape of a heart and a few candles were lighted around the room. Over my bed was a messily scribbled sign that said 'Will you marry me?' and in Kyungsoo's hands was a familiar red velvet box. 

 

My breath was caught in my throat. I felt tears burning the back of my eyes because I was overwhelmed by the whole situation in front of me. Kyungsoo noticed this and gave me a wide grin, hoping to calm me down. 

 

He held his hand out to me, beckoning me over to where he was. I shuffled from the doorway to stand in front of Kyungsoo, at the centre of the heart made out of rose petals. Kyungsoo grabbed my left hand and kissed the back of it, making me giggle at how sweet he was being. He rarely did cheesy things like that.  

 

“Hi baby” he whispered. 

 

I just grinned, knowing fully well that I wouldn’t have been able to give him a coherent response in my emotional state. 

 

“I actually planned to do this at dinner but since we had a change of plans, I had to improvise. So don’t laugh if it doesn’t go well ok” he said with playful angry eyes. “I’m so nervous!” I could only laugh and nod at him. 

 

He took a deep breathe to ready himself. “My love” he started. He took a long pause after saying those two words. His eyes were darting all over my face, as if his speech was written there. 

 

“Damn it babe, I had a whole speech memorised but I forgot every word as soon as I saw your pretty face!” I let out the breath I was holding and giggled. Wow did K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter