Accomplished!

Mission Accomplished

She was woken up by the sunlight that was passing through her window glass, she sighed as she kicked her blanket to the sides of her bed. “What time is it?” Hyewon asked herself just to be answered by someone else.

 

“It’s almost 9 you ” Sakura told her as she put something hot near her face.

 

“H-hot!” said Hyewon as she was force awaken by the hotness of the cup of coffee, she looked at her bestfriend with no hint of guilt of what she just did. “ you” she said to her.

 

Sakura then smiled at her and said, “Thank you!” Hyewon groaned at her bestfriend’s response.

 

Hyewon then took the chance to stand up from her bed and get the coffee from Sakura, “How the hell does Chaeyeon put up with you? You’re too much of a devil and she’s an angel, care to tell me how you bagged such person again?” she continuously said.

 

Sakura chuckled, “Charms” and then she winked at Hyewon who just looked at her disgustingly.

 

“Charms, my ” she replied and pushed Sakura away from her.

 

Sakura just looked at her bestfriend, “So, when are you going to confess to Eunbi-unnie then” she asked out of nowhere that made Hyewon stop what she was about to do.

 

She sighed and then went on from what she was doing, she then looked at Sakura and told her, “You already know what would happen if I do that, I’m not ready to risk what we have now” she said and Sakura wanted to tell more but she just shook her head and went out of Hyewon’s room as she told her, “Just come out if you’re done” Hyewon just watched her bestfriend get out of her room.

 

Eunbi, Kwon Eunbi is Hyewon’s first love and her current love. They met as juniors and senior in college, Eunbi was a 2nd year student and Hyewon alongside Sakura were incoming freshmen of the university they’re in. They were complete strangers at first, no anything no nothing about each other until Sakura decided to bestfriend with Eunbi who she became close for the reason that Chaeyeon who was Sakura’s long-time girlfriend was acquainted with Eunbi. She was Eunbi’s hoobae in the dance crew of the university. 

 

At first Hyewon really wasn’t bothered by it because she had always had put up with Sakura’s teases for a long time and she was already used to it, but as time passed by, she was getting bothered by it because she thought that it was already a bother to Eunbi and so she decided to try talk to Eunbi which the girl laughed off when she was asked by her, and told her it was fine, and she even joked that if she really likes then she should tell her, which just made Hyewon dumbfounded that time. Eunbi even laughed at her reaction and told her she was just joking and she should relax around her. It was probably that time that time that they had started to get close.

 

How she found out she liked Eunbi? Well it was that one time that Sakura was joking that she’s jealous about the play where Eunbi had a male counterpart and they were supposed to act like a couple in love.

 

“What’s with long face?” Sakura asked Hyewon as she sat beside her as they watch Eunbi’s stage play. Sakura raised her brow at her and looked exactly where Hyewon was looking. Well she was looking at Eunbi specifically. Sakura then casually told Hyewon, “Don’t tell me you’re being jealous right now” she said only as a joke but when she didn’t get a response from her bestfriend.

 

She whipped her head as fast as she could, “Seriously?” All she got was a sigh. “Wow, you’re in deep trouble” said Sakura, Eunbi was famous in school, like probably right now guys are being like Hyewon right now who’s jealous of whoever she was acting with right now.

 

Hyewon grunted “Whose fault it is anyway?” she spoke as she glared at Sakura.

 

Sakura just smiled at her, “Hey, not my fault you didn’t guard that heart of yours and as far as I remember it’s a heart of steel, didn’t know you would fall just by the teasing I started” Sakura told as a matter of fact.

 

She sighed, “Yeah you’re right, no on to be blamed but me who was actually already was falling in love with the person I have no chance with” she said.

 

“No chance? What are you talking about? I mean look at you, you’re beautiful, and also let’s add the fact that you’re the smartest person in this university, why wouldn’t you have a chance?” Sakura told her.

 

She chuckled and tapped Sakura’s shoulders, “Man, if only I was you I probably had confessed already but what if what we have now can be ruined of what I would do?” With all that everything she is, Kang Hyewon is a big fat coward.

 

“You think too much” said Sakura but Hyewon decided not to reply anymore and just watched the play.

 

Hyewon’s phone rang by the time she finished showering, she held her phone up not looking who it was.

 

Eunbi: yah, Kang Hyewon why weren’t you at school? Are you sick?

 

Hyewon: *chuckles*

 

Eunbi: What are you laughing about---

 

Hyewon: Why unnie? Did you miss me already?  She joked just to not receive a reply she wasn’t expecting at all.

 

Eunbi: Yes.

 

Hyewon was flustered at first but she composed herself. Hyewon: Arasso unnie, I’ll be at school for my afternoon class, don’t miss me too much.

 

Eunbi: So, are you sick? Want me to come to your dorm?

 

Hyewon: *chuckles* Unnie, No I’m not sick, just woke up late and No it’s fine, I know you have a lot on your plate now. Eunbi actually has rehearsals going on right now.

 

Eunbi: Ey, No I have nothi---

 

Hyewon: *hisses*  unnie!

 

Eunbi: Arasso, I won’t go, I sometimes forget who’s already when you’re being like that.

 

Hyewon then smiled at herself, Hyewon: Unnie, I’ll see you in the afternoon okay? Ah, and don’t you dare not eat your lunch again. Eunbi is on a rehearsal right now, and she sometimes forgets to do other things when she immersed and unfortunately Hyewon isn’t around to get her, her lunch so she’s telling her right now.

 

Eunbi: *chuckles* Arasso, I won’t forget. Eunbi was then called at the background. I guess that’s it, see you! Eunbi didn’t wait Hyewon to respond as she heard the tone.

 

“What the, didn’t even wait for me to tell her goodbye” she told herself as she looked at her phone.

 

“You know she hates your goodbyes, what do you expect” she heard Sakura say who was leaning at her doorway.

 

“When did you---“

 

“Long enough to hear everything” Sakura heard everything because Hyewon decided to leave it on speaker. “Let’s go eat, I already cooked” and then she turned her back at Hyewon, which the other girl found weird.

 

“Not going to tease?” Hyewon carefully asked.

 

Sakura stared at her sternly, “I will later, but I’m hungry so let’s eat first” she said, and then she paused, “Do you want that jackass?” she added afterwards.

 

Hyewon then smiled at her bestfriend and hang her arms on Sakura’s shoulders and pulled her to the dining table, “No, I was just kidding. Let’s go eat”

Both of them were now eating and Sakura did nothing like usual so Hyewon was casually taking glances at Sakura who was peacefully eating.

 

“If you’re gonna say something just say it, stop stealing glances” said Sakura as she looked at Hyewon.

 

Hyewon then nervously laughed, “Heh” that’s the only thing that came out of her.

 

Sakura sighed, “You know what, I don’t know if your just dense or something else but it’s obvious that Eunbi unnie likes you as much as you do”

 

Hyewon stared at Sakura for a moment but then she shook her head and hands, “Eyy, that’s not true---”

 

“Wow, you’re so in denial, I wanna kick your ” said Sakura a bit annoyed by the fact that her bestfriend has no ounce of confidence in her body when she should have.

 

There was silence for a while when both of them decided on continuing to eat, until Hyewon decided to speak with her head bowed down, “I’m scared, that’s all”

 

She continued to speak because she knows Sakura is listening, “I don’t know what to do if ever we stopped talking, What if I confessed and she’d feel awkward around me? What if she’d never talk to me again? I don’t think I can ever have that”

 

At the time Hyewon looked up to see what Sakura was doing, she just saw a soft smile in her face, Sakura stood up and tapped Hyewon’s shoulders, “You don’t even need to worry about that happening, not in a million years would that happen” she said with a knowing look.

 

Sakura then started walking away from her, Hyewon’s eyes were just following where Sakura was going, she just had questions on her mind she wanted to ask but she was just too confused about what has Sakura said. Sakura paused for a bit like she remembered something, “AH!”

 

“What?!” Hyewon asked as she was startled because of Sakura voice until she just heard Sakura laugh.

 

 “Relax, you’re too tensed. I can even feel you here” said Sakura pointing at where she’s standing. “But, Hyewon-ah”

 

“What?”

 

“Do you really love Eunbi-unnie?” she asked which confused Hyewon like .

 

Hyewon showed a confused face at Hyewon, “You’re seriously asking me that?”

 

Sakura nodded her head in acknowledgement which made Hyewon answer that question, “Yes! All of me love her so much that I sometimes forget how to breathe when I’m with her, that I sometimes forget there are people around that I sometimes forget time is even flowing when I’m with her. I mean she’s basically my world now in every case” she answered. “I don’t know why you’re asking when you’re the first person who knew about my feelings about her” she said.

 

Sakura then smiled at her, “That too much information than what I wanted to hear but that was so cringey” she told that to Hyewon and formed her hands into a knuckle showing how she cringed at that. “Ah also, sorry” she added.

 

“Huh?” Hyewon replied, Sakura keeps on doing unexpected things that she can’t understand.

 

Sakura snickered and told her, “Nothing” and she proceeded to her room, probably.

 

“Ha, weird” said Hyewon and she continued to devour her remaining food.

Hyewon then tried to visit Eunbi on her free hours but it always turned out a bust because whenever she tried to visit they were either practicing or it’s either she was told that Eunbi was sleeping, the other people who were there told her that they could wake Eunbi up but she told them not to since she’s resting.

 

“Ya, where are you going?” Sakura asked Hyewon as she was walking to a different way.

 

“Eunbi unnie” she just replied and so Sakura nodded.

 

“Oh, use protection” she teased and then she ran off before Hyewon could even reply, then she looked at Chaeyeon.

 

“Chaeyeon-ah, How do you put up with her?” She asked but Chaeyeon chuckled and tapped her shoulder.

 

And she said, “Go easy on unnie, okay?” she even added that made Hyewon dumbfounded.

 

“Wow, you guys are matched made in hell” she told Chaeyeon who was catching up with Sakura, but both of them just smiled at her widely. “GO HOME SAFELY!” she shouted to the both of them which they both waved off.

 

She then went on her way to the theatre room, it was already 6 in the evening and she wasn’t sure if there were people around nor she doesn’t know if Eunbi was still around. She then went inside an empty theatre room with a smooth sounded music was playing. “They didn’t turn this off?” she asked herself as she was walking to the music player, and when she was about to turn it off, she heard a voice.

 

“Oh, you’re here” said Eunbi which made her whip her head in that direction. She then went her towards Eunbi.

 

“I thought no one was around” she told her and Eunbi smiled at her, she then held Hyewon’s arms and pulled her.

 

“Let’s dance” she told Hyewon and she showed a lazy smile.

 

“You know I don’t dance” she replied but she just let Eunbi pull her in the middle.

 

“There’s no harm in trying, you won’t know the outcome until you try” she told Hyewon, and then she twirled around. That statement made Hyewon look at Eunbi at it seemed fit to her situation.

 

She then held Eunbi’s waist and slowly stepped forward, sideways and backwards, and then once again she twirled Eunbi and laid her lower as she caught her from the twirl. Eunbi was then smiling at her and she couldn’t help but smile back, “See, you can dance” she was told.

 

With a smile on her face they continued to dance along with the slow music with silence present, and the music stopped, with them being in the position where Hyewon’s hands were on Eunbi waist, and Eunbi’s hands were on Hyewon’s nape. They were silently staring at each other until one movement made Hyewon widen her eyes.

 

Eunbi just kissed Hyewon, “I-I’m sorry, I---”

 

She was cut off as Hyewon just comprehended what just happened, She pulled Eunbi closer as she kissed her, she didn’t let Eunbi say anything more but her reply already told her that whatever she did was alright. Eunbi was as well shocked at first, but when she recovered she closed her eyes and kissed back like how Hyewon’s kiss was. Her arms were more intact on her nape as she was pulled closer. Maybe with this kiss, there longing and feeling with each other were felt. They separated as they gasped for air, their eyes were still closed but smiles were on their faces. Hyewon was caressing Eunbi’s cheeks and said the words.

 

“I love you” she told Eunbi that made her smile more.

 

“I know, I heard it this morning” her statement made Hyewon’s eyes shut open, and Eunbi just smiled at her and answered Hyewon’s confusion. “Sakura”

 

“Sakura?” Eunbi’s answer just confused her more, until she remembered everything that had happened in the morning, how her bestfriend was being weird. Eunbi chuckled when she saw Hyewon grimace and shake her head. “That girl, really” she just said and Eunbi just found her blushing.

 

Once again, they just found themselves swinging on the spot, “You probably have to treat her better, if she didn’t do that I wouldn’t even know. I’m dense as hell and we’re the same. I wouldn’t know you like me back just as I do” Eunbi just told her that made Hyewon smile. “And actually I wasn’t resting as you visited earlier”

 

Hyewon then tilted her head, “I wanted to talk just the two of us” she told Hyewon that made her nod her head.

 

As they were talking, the lights were turned off, and they didn’t feel how the time was flowing, “Oh shoot, almost time for the school to close” said Hyewon as she brought her phone out. She then held Eunbi’s hands and pulled her and ran fast as possible.

 

The school guard was about to close the gate when Hyewon yelled, “AHJUSSI!! WAIT!” she said in a very wide voice that startled the guard.

 

“Oh, hakseng deul, It’s almost closing time why were you still at school” said the guard as both of them were gasping for air.

 

“Sorry ahjussi, didn’t look at the time. We were at the theatre” said Hyewon who was still gasping for air.

 

 Both of them then waved their hands at the guard, as he closed the gates. They both then burst into laughter when they looked at each other.  

 

“It’s true then that you forget the time is flowing when you’re with me?” Eunbi suddenly asked that made Hyewon red as hell.

 

She whined as she said, “Unnieeee” which Eunbi laughed off and then she pulled Hyewon again.

Sakura was stretching her body when she paused mid-air when she saw Eunbi around their dorm, she had to rub her eyes as she looked again. She was about to say something when Hyewon went out from her room and it seemed that she just finished showering. “Wow” said Sakura at as she looked from Hyewon to Eunbi.

 

“What?” said Hyewon.

 

Sakura looked at her and she slowly smiled, and Hyewon knew what would happen, “I slept at the sofa and Eunbi unnie slept in my room, ”

 

“Ohhhh, that wasn’t I was going to say though” said Sakura as she started to tease Hyewon. “I was going to ask how things happened though.” Sakura told Hyewon while she was wiggling her brows at her, but then Hyewon just threw the towel at Sakura face and went back inside her room. Sakura then looked at Eunbi and she winked at her as Eunbi snorted.

 

“Mission accomplished?” she asked with her thumbs were up. 

 

Eunbi then smiled at her and said, “Mission accomplished”

 

Hyewon then went out of her room eyeing Sakura, “What do you want to eat?” asked Sakura.

 

“You choose, you’re the cook” she replied as she watched Sakura head to the kitchen. She then went to Eunbi and held her hand.

 

“What did she say?” she asked Eunbi but in turn, Eunbi just smiled at her, and so she just smiled back.

 

“Awoo, I’m glad you’re together but you’re both gross” said Sakura as she walked by them.

 

“YAH!” both of them replied.

 

THE END!

Hello! Thank you for reading!