First Valentine's Day

How to spend Valentine's Day with your human girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi all, I know technically Valentine’s Day is over but details, details, am I right lol. Seulrene day is the 23rd and I still think it’s fine to do a Valentines inspired one shot since it’s still February, and so we’ll have vampire Seulgi celebrating with Joohyun since they’ve spent all their other important days together but haven’t yet done Valentine’s Day and as they’re a couple they should have at least one yes, yes, please enjoy :)

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Cheorrybat, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, Once1864, tinybean, kaikaitheartist, Normallyotp, argonots, RedPaint, Maraga, Kasey_1432, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, Zeliex, Cristianul18, and Bjhksgsswpsykry. Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)

 




 

When Kang Seulgi received a call from her friends Sooyoung and Yerim that it was urgent and she needed to meet them right away, the blonde vampire knew it could be about one thing, and one thing only. Seulgi almost didn’t even want to go to her friend’s house, but she also knew if she didn’t go then there was the possibility of not hearing the end of it. The blonde gets to their house and greets Sooyoung’s goblin servant as she always does and he instructs her to go in the living room where her friends are waiting. Seulgi spots Sooyoung and Yerim sitting together on the loveseat, and the dark-haired vampire is tending to Yerim’s eyes, covering her bandages meaning she probably needed her medicine this time.

 

“Hi, Seul, come in and make yourself comfortable.” Sooyoung speaks with her back turned.

 

“Soo, it’s fine, you’ve wrapped my eyes like ten times already.” Yerim tells her with a sigh.

 

“No, I haven’t just calm down, I’m almost finished.”

 

Seulgi thinks that the two of them are still the best example of a loving relationship she has ever known. She has been friends with the two of them for so long and she knows how very deeply the two love one another, no matter how Yerim will give Sooyoung a hard time occasionally. Still, Seulgi sits and makes herself comfortable and waits for either of them to address her about the reason why she is here. Once Sooyoung finishes up with Yerim the couple now address their best friend.

 

“Can I know what this is about?”

 

“Sure, Seul, as you know Valentine’s Day is coming up.” The dark-haired vampire begins. “Normally, Yerimie and I would never bring this to your attention at all, since you’ve been an eligible vampire bachelorette for centuries, but now that you’ve gone and got yourself someone you love. We need to talk to you about what your plans are for you and Joohyun.”

 

“Joohyun?”

 

The blonde frowns. “Yes, Joohyun. Your human girlfriend, girlfriend who is a human, that Joohyun, are you getting senile in your old age, Seul?”

 

Seulgi frowns and sighs. “Listen, I hear what you’re saying, really. But, Valentine’s Day is not anything really special, just a day the humans designed to spend money.”

 

Loud gasps are heard then from both Sooyoung and Yerim. It’s like they can’t even believe what Seulgi has just said to them, does she want to end up dumped? Surely, Seulgi must know that on some level Joohyun is probably hoping for a wonderful Valentine’s Day with the woman she loves, why wouldn’t she be? Seulgi is a dead vampire walking if she doesn’t come through.

 

“Are you stupid?” Yerim asks.

 

“Honey.” Sooyoung sighs and shakes her head. “We don’t call names. Not that you’re wrong or anything, now Seulgi, you are our best friend and we love you, but you can’t be serious. You can’t expect to do nothing for Joohyun on Valentine’s Day, are you stupid?”

 

“Joohyun isn’t the materialistic type. She doesn’t care for such things.”

 

“It’s not about materialistic things, Seulgi. It’s really about showing her you love her in whatever way that means, unless you don’t love her?”

 

The blonde is silenced as she processes the question. Of course she loves Joohyun. She loves the human unlike she has never loved anyone in her entire existence, it’s just she has never spent a Valentine’s Day with anyone before, what does one even do?

 

“I love her.” Seulgi mumbles in a way that makes her friends smile. They find Seulgi impossibly cute now that she has gone and found love with Joohyun. A fact that they can’t help but to with on a regular basis.

 

“Well, good, now you’re going to show her you love her on what is the most romantic day of the year, yes? Now, what are you going to do?” Sooyoung and Yerim wait patiently to hear what their friend is about to say. Seulgi feels put on the spot, and since she hasn’t given any thoughts to Valentine’s Day at all, she really has no answers at all. The blonde thinks about what she knows of most humans.

 

“Flowers.”

 

“Huh-uh, uh-huh, what kind of flowers?”

 

“Purple flowers?” Seulgi knows Joohyun loves purple and that’s all she’s got at the moment. Sooyoung and Yerim groan and nearly collide into one another. Their friend is useless. It’s a good thing they are here to help her out.

 

“Listen, you need to do more than flowers, Seul.” Yerim nods. “I’m talking candy, novelty plush preferably some sort of teddy bear, romantic dinner...for her.” The blonde corrects since Seulgi has no use for food. 

 

“Okay, sounds manageable.” Seulgi can do flowers, she can buy a teddy bear, and she can make her girlfriend a romantic dinner. She can do all those things, Valentine’s day would be simple. But if it’s so simple then why the hell is Sooyoung looking at her with disappointment and Yerim already frowning.

 

“Surely, you don’t think that was all, did you?” The raven vampire looks at her like she could throw one of the pillows off the loveseat at her. Yerim is simply sighing and nudging her wife before whispering.

 

“You’re more hopeless than I thought, Seul. Joohyun will leave you for a better vampire in no time.”

 

“Seeing as how we are the only vampires here, and you two are married, what other better vampire could Hyun leave me for?” The blonde wants to know, with her arms crossed over her chest. Sooyoung tells her to ignore her wife’s teasing.

 

“Okay, so here’s what advice we’re going to give you…”

 

The crimson-eyed woman listens or tries to listen as the two of them spend a good hour or so telling her all the things she should do or at least consider doing for Joohyun on Valentine’s Day, as it is the most romantic day of the year. At some point Seulgi does zone out and pays more attention to the song lyrics she’s been working on in her head than she does her friends. Not to say she doesn’t catch bits and pieces of what is being said to her.

 

“Did you catch all that?” Yerim is the first to ask when they’ve finished talking to her. Seulgi nods, although she really didn’t catch it all.

 

“Yes, I promise I will make my Valentine’s Day with Joohyun a special one, now I need to go because she’s going to be done with work soon.”

 

“Well, just so you know we will be keeping an eye on you, and if you need help, because you will surely need help you’re so hopeless, Yerimie and I are here for you.” 

 

“Hopeless.” Yerim agrees and gives a thumbs up, but Seulgi knows that also means the blonde cares in her way. Seulgi knows that both of them care about her despite their off approach of showing it. She thanks them anyway, and tells them she has everything covered. She is Kang Seulgi after all, famous musician, all-around gentlewoman, talented artist in multiple ways, and more than any of that she is very in love with one Bae Joohyun. Because of that love for her she will certainly make their Valentine’s Day special. Now, she needs to get going as she likes to meet Joohyun when she’s done with work, during the times she’s able, like today. She bids goodbye to them and heads to meet Joohyun at her work. It feels like it’s been too long now since she has last seen her girlfriend, and a part of that was not only because the human’s work schedule has been hectic lately, Seulgi has been going out of town to play a few shows. The first thing she’ll do is hug and kiss the woman she loves.

 

“Is Joohyun also very worried about Valentine’s Day?”


 

 

Bae Joohyun isn’t really worried about Valentine’s Day, after all, why should the brown-haired woman be worried about it when she already is in love with the most wonderful vampire there ever was. There’s nothing to worry about when you have someone you love, and Valentine’s Day really is just another day, because what matters most is being with the person you love. Joohyun truly wasn’t overly concerned, as long as she was able to spend the day with her vampire.

 

“Hey, Joohyun, so…” Her coworkers smile cheerfully.

 

“So, is there something wrong?” Joohyun wonders in a somewhat nervous way. Her coworkers then look serious, and now the brunette feels really nervous. Joohyun hopes that there is nothing wrong seriously.

 

“Something wrong, no, not really. It’s just…”

 

“Just…”

 

“It’s almost Valentine’s Day and since you have such a hot and wonderful girlfriend in our resident musician, we’re just wondering what are you going to do!”

 

“What!”

 

Joohyun is so stunned by how excited the two of them are, going on and on about Valentine’s Day being the most romantic time of the year, and how she must do it right with her girlfriend.

 

“Well, what are you going to do, hm? Candy, flowers, couple rings?”
 

“Um, well, I…”
 

Now, it’s not like Joohyun doesn’t intend to spend her day with Seulgi. She just wasn’t prepared for the full on speech she was getting from her coworkers. They start offering up suggestions on what she should do, it’s all happening too fast, all the brunette hears is romantic dinner, candles, something about being , and finally she hears Seulgi clearing .

 

“Hi, might I borrow my girlfriend.” The vampire smiles in a polite way. “She is finished with work, yes?”
 

All eyes are on the blonde when she speaks. Joohyun’s coworkers nod dumbly and gesture to Joohyun that she is all down and can go. The vampire smiles in a different way when she sees Joohyun, it’s the kind of smile that makes the human feel like the only person in the world that matters to Seulgi. The blonde gently bows and leaves a kiss on her skin. Joohyun’s coworkers proceed to swoon and make comments about Joohyun’s hot and sweet girlfriend. 

 

“Are you ready to go, Ms. Bae?”

 

At this point Joohyun is internally swooning too. She honestly does have the sweetest girlfriend, a girlfriend she has been missing a lot lately as they’ve had some conflicting schedules. It’s good to have Seulgi back, and the moment she is out of the office she pulls her vampire into a kiss. The slightly taller woman carefully places her hand around the human’s waist and deepens their kiss. They stand like this for a few good moments, kissing, and enjoying the feel of one another’s lips until Seulgi breaks away to get a good look at the woman she loves. Joohyun, the beautiful and gorgeous human with her big chocolate-brown eyes, and perfect pink lips. Lips she’ll need to be kissing again soon.

 

“It feels as if it’s been a long time, yes?”

 

“Too long.” Joohyun agrees. “I’ve missed you.”

 

“I’ve missed you, might I walk you home?”

 

She is the perfect gentlewoman and so Joohyun nods with a bit of a head tilt. The blonde offers her arm over and they walk together, much like they normally will whenever Seulgi comes to greet her after work. Seulgi wonders if she should bring up the topic of Valentine’s Day to her other half. Someone should, right? 

 

“Um…” Seulgi pauses. “I think…”

 

“Yes, is something wrong, Seul?”

 

“Well...no, nothing is wrong, I think that…” Seulgi has no idea why she suddenly feels nervous. She isn’t normally nervous to talk around Joohyun. The crimson-eyed woman thinks it must have something to do with the fact that her friends gave her such an intense lecture earlier. Joohyun gently gives her arm a squeeze and that touch is enough to help calm her down.

 

“I think that you should come to my next out of town show. We can even travel together, does that sound nice?”

 

She hadn’t meant to say that, but at the same time Joohyun has yet to go to one of her out of town shows, and the vampire genuinely thinks they would have a good trip together.

 

“Well, of course.” Joohyun smiles in that way that simply lights up her entire face. “I really do want to go with you to one of your out of town shows, I would have this time had it not been for my hectic work schedule. But, it sounds like it will be lovely.”

 

“You are lovely.” Seulgi whispers in that soft way that makes Joohyun blush. The human places a soft kiss to her cheek and they continue on to Joohyun’s apartment, where neither of them has really brought up the subject of Valentine’s Day. Seulgi is sitting with Joohyun in her apartment when she gathers up the courage she has and asks.

 

“Valentines Day, you and me?”

 

“What?” The brunette laughs at how bewildered and cute Seulgi looks, clearly she hadn’t meant to word it that way, and the vampire looks to be like she’s mentally cursing herself at this moment. Joohyun takes her hands into her own and gives a soft kiss to pale knuckles.

 

“Are you trying to ask me to be your Valentine’s?” the adorable way Joohyun says it causes Seulgi to smile, leave it t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter