I need your help

Soulmates [Under Construction]

Hi, guys! 

 

It's been quite a while, how's everyone been? (Sometimes I wonder if anyone actually reads this first part.)

 

I am so sorry for not updating this story in forever. I actually have been thinking about it a lot these last two years that I've had it shelved. I've just been so busy with school and life that I haven't felt the motivation to pick it up. 2021 came and I dropped it. I tried picking it back up every now and then, and finally decided I should revamp it from the beginning, hence no updates like previously promised. I don't like how the story is flowing in the time it takes place. Of course, I know this is a very big decision and that;'s why I want your opinions. I was a reader before I started writing and I've seen how revamping sometimes changes the direction of the story and the final product. However, I will do my best to keep the premise and storyline the same. The only thing I want to do is change the time the story occurs. I think doing that will make the story flow better and in change have certain parts of the plot make more sense then if I was to upload all of it now as it is. I've spent a year lollygagging and putting this decision off because I was afraid of the premise of the story being lost. 

 

It's a very big fear of mine, rewriting stories. I fear that if I try to rewrite a story, I will lose my original intention, my original idea. That's why I am writing all of this now. I feel like I should explain my year's long hiatus and what exactly will happen to this story. I feel like I owe you guys an explanation because you guys have been very supportive of my other announcements and choices relating to this story. 

 

Soulmates is my biggest story because I spent more than a year writing it. It was one of the most difficult things to share because it feels like my baby. It's the first long storyline I've written and I feel like I owe it an ending. I feel like you guys who enjoyed the first chapters deserve to see that ending. I'm ranting, but Soulmates means a lot to me as a writer and I want to see it through. I want to be able to give it a good run and a good ending. I want to share the whole story with you guys, so I hope you guys don't mind me reworking it a bit and completing the story based off the new changes. 

 

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on this decision. I feel like readers' feedback is very important to how some writers approach their stories. Sometimes, it can help shape the story and I would be open to some suggestions once I upload. I always appreciate hearing from you guys. 

 

So what do you guys say? Would you be interesting in reading Soulmates? If so, would you be okay with the revamping? It'll be the same premise, just different timing, but the same events and premise.

 

 

Thank you if you took the time to read this. I know it isn't the update you were probably expecting, but it is very crucial to the story's development. I hope you guys have a wonderful day or night and stay safe!

 

- loonatic_orbit