Level 2!

Settling down

“I don’t really remember you being this nice to me” said Yena as she eyed Sakura, her bestfriend as she gave her a cup of coffee she just bought from the coffee shop she’s been into since well no one knows.

 

Sakura scoffed at her bestfriend, “you don’t like it then?” she said and was about to retract her decision of even getting her bestfriend coffee.

 

“No no no!” said Yena and immediately grabbed the coffee from Sakura’s hands and so Sakura smirked. “Can’t even take a joke” Yena mumbled.

 

“You’re saying something?” she said but Yena gave her a very sweet smile.

 

“Nothing, bestfriend” she enunciated the word bestfriend specifically, and then she took a sip, and said “Oh! This is good. Care to tell where you bought it?” but all Yena received was a stare, and then she eyed Sakura once again.

 

Sakura felt some intense stare so she looked back at Yena, “What?” she said.

 

Yena shrugged, “Nothing” she said but Sakura felt like it was something more but she shrugged off the thought.

 

Sakura then grabbed her duffel bag and told Yena, “Gotta go, I’m late” and then she went off.

 

Yena then furrowed her eyebrows, “You really don’t know how to lie, and also you’re the CEO who cares if you’re late” she murmured, and in all honesty, she knows where Sakura gets her coffee, it’s just that it’s the first time she got one from her.

 

Well, Sakura has been waking up early these days and it’s just new for Yena, she then followed her once and she found out that she has been going to this café, but it isn’t really the one you can see easily around town, it’s a bit tricky to even find it. She even almost got lost when she was following Sakura.

But then she left as soon as work called for her, so she really doesn’t know what’s going on there, and actually she didn’t see the sign of the café, also again she’s bad at directions so she haven’t had the time nor the she had a choice since she doesn’t remember the place.

...

Chaeyeon was busy looking at something when she heard the bell rang, she gave her time to look at it, well more of her, and so she smiled. “You already came here earlier, why’d you come back?” she said as she went to her and encircled her arms on that person’s nape who smiled back at her.

 

“I don’t know, maybe I missed you?” she replied back with a wink, that made Chaeyeon chuckle, she then went for a kiss that wasn’t long enough as they were caught by the person who just coughed.

 

“I don’t really understand why Yena still hasn’t caught on the fact that you have a girlfriend aka her cousin when you’re both so touchy” Yuri said.

 

Chaeyeon grinned at Yuri, “You know how stupid your girlfriend is right?” she said as a matter of fact the Yuri cannot argue with.

 

“You act like that, when are you going to tell her anyway” Yuri asked and so she looked at her girlfriend who just grinned t her.

 

“My bestfriend would find out” and then she winked at Yuri, “eventually” before giving Chaeyeon a peck.

 

Yuri just rolled her eyes at them, Sakura then bid them goodbyes as she needed to be at work or Yena would speculate well she already is, and she knows it. “Take care!” Chaeyeon added before Sakura could leave.

 

Chaeyeon then glared at Yuri, “What did I do?” she asked innocently.

 

“Why did you interrupt? You could have spoken when we were done?”

 

Yuri then grimaced, “for you information, that would be forever and so you expect to watch and just shut up? No thanks!” Yuri paused for a second and then she continued, “And also, why are you still on your honeymoon period, hello, it’s going to be your second year soon!” Yuri really wasn’t asking, she was just like stating things.

 

Chaeyeon who was supposed to be a bit annoyed, instead she found herself laughing from Yuri’s remarks. “Fluff is the best” she said then winked at Yuri, who just raised her brows at her. “Also, it ain’t my fault, Sakura is just……” she trailed, “Sakura? You get what I mean?”

 

“Yeah yeah, I get you of course” said Yuri, “I kind of like get jealous sometimes” she added which made Chaeyeon chuckle.

 

“She knows when to be dorky and when to be sweet, yeah I know” Chaeyeon stated.

Flashback.

Sakura was alone in her company as she might pull an all nighter for something she had to be taking care off. It’s probably about checking some things for the big meeting that would happen in the next days, it’s kind of important for her company although it’s already big, other things should be considered too, like other investments.

 

She has been like yawning for the nth until she heard a knock on the door of her office, she even had to blink twice to confirm if her girl was really there or she’s seeing things until she felt the hotness of the cup of coffee Chaeyeon just put near her face. “Wow, you’re real” she blurted out.

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, “Dork, why didn’t you tell me you’d be working late? I could have accompanied you earlier than this?” she nagged, but then she smiled as she saw Sakura slowly smile at her.

 

Sakura hummed and told Chaeyeon, “I love you, baby” she said all of a sudden.

 

Chaeyeon who was on her table then leaned onto Sakura an gave her a slow kiss that Sakura just melted onto. “I love you too, baby” Chaeyeon told her in between those kisses.

 

“How’d you know though?” Sakura then asked Chaeyeon as she took a sip from her coffee.

 

“Yuri told me” Chaeyeon replied.

 

Sakura then nodded as an understanding, “Yena’s really helpful even though she doesn’t know anything”

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, “I still don’t understand why she still doesn’t know though”

 

“She probably doesn’t think I know how to even talk nor socialize, how bout you, you haven’t told her yet?”

 

Chaeyeon shook her head, “I want her to find out herself, and it’s fun that way, isn’t it baby?” she said then both of them just had a small laugh.

 

Sakura then eyed her, “bully” she said but then Chaeyeon just grinned at her and told her to continue what she’s doing and she’s just be there, and so she continued on what she was doing.

 

She kept on glancing at Chaeyeon who was just on her phone, not minding anything at all. And all of a sudden Sakura thought of something and she smiled at herself. She played some music from her laptop which then caught Chaeyeon’s attention. Someone then poked her from the back and It was Sakura.

 

“Let’s dance baby?” she said with a grin, and so Chaeyeon chuckled as she accepted Sakura’s invitation for a dance.

 

“Weren’t you supposed to be doing that” Chaeyeon pointed at her laptop.

 

Sakura then twirled Chaeyeon, “Can’t really focus, you’re beautiful face is just soooo distracting, baby” she said.

 

Chaeyeon hummed, “I shouldn’t have gone here then” she teased.

 

Sakura chuckled as she whispered, “I’m glad you’re here”

End of Flashback.

“OMG! That’s sooo sweet!” said Yuri as she squealed from the story she just heard.

 

They were interrupted by two loud voices, “Yena?” said Yuri as she saw Yena with Sakura as they entered the café.

 

Yena then whipped her head at the voice, “Yuri?!”

 

“What are you doing here?” Yena asked.

 

“Duh? This is the café I work at?” she answered like she was supposed to know, but knowing Yena she probably forgot.

 

And so, she was shocked again when she saw Chaeyeon, “Couz?!!”

 

“Hi?” said Chaeyeon.

 

Sakura couldn’t help herself that she almost laughed, What are you guys doing here? Chaeyeon mouthed to her, and she signaled her to wait.

 

“Yuri, you know what? Your girlfriend is doesn’t believe that I have a girlfriend” Sakura told Yuri and then Yuri just rolled her eyes as she saw Chaeyeon laugh, instead of being jealous.

 

“Her girlfriend is laughing at you at the moment” said Yuri and Yena still haven’t caught on.

 

“What?” she said and Yuri told her, “Think babe, who are the people present here?”

 

And so Yena looked at everyone and, her shocked face just showed and she kept on pointing at Sakura, “S-s-since when?!!” shocked was an understatement.

 

Sakura then put her arms on her jaw and acted like she was thinking, “like almost 2 years ago?” and then she looked at Chaeyeon, “Baby,  it was 2 years ago right?” they were teasing Yena at this moment who was just looking at them back and forth.

 

“Oh God, this is a lot to process” says Yena as she was walking away and was about to walk out from the door.

 

Sakura chuckled as she followed Yena, she came back as she wanted to give Chaeyeon a kiss, a quick one at least. “Goodluck!” said Chaeyeon.

 

“Yeah, got some explaining to do” said Sakura as she bid them goodbye for the second time.

Yena smacked Sakura’s head as she headed out. ”Yena would regret that, I’m sure” says Chaeyeon as she watched Yena run from Sakura who glared at her, “See?”

 

Yuri sighed as she face palmed. “She’s soooo stupid” she said afterwards.

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, “You love her anyways”

 

“Yeah, I know and I don’t know how I fell for her” she said but then Chaeyeon just listed things.

 

“Oh you mean how you swoon whenever she’s around when we were in college? And what’s that again, the one when you almost fainted when she first talk to you?” she then looked at Yuri who was dumbfounded, Chaeyeon smiled at her, “Want me to list more things, sister-in --------”

 

“Oooh, shut up!” said Yuri that made Chaeyeon laugh like tomorrow. She likes teasing Yuri when she says those words when in fact she have loved Yena more than anyone could imagine, but you know, she’s like a tsundere so, *shrugs*

 

Chaeyeon like chuckled one last time, and told Yuri, “You know it get easier to tease when you’re like this”

 

Yuri just glared at her, “If you weren’t my boss I would have kicked your ” she told her but then Chaeyeon just grinned at her.

 

“You can’t either way, you’re not flexible enough to even lift your legs up to my ” she said then winked at Yuri who once again was dumbfounded by Chaeyeon’s teasing.

 

“Oh my God, you’re just soo like Yena” she said in frustration.

 

“It runs in the blood” said Chaeyeon who was walking towards her office.

“Seriously though, why didn’t you tell me?” said Yena who was as frustrated  as her girlfriend who just got a lot of teasing in the morning.

 

Sakura then grinned at her, “I don’t know, ask your cousin” she replied that made Yena grunt in protest.

 

Yena pouted, “2 years, I mean how did I not even notice?” she asking herself, she murmuring.

 

She then heard Sakura snickering, “If you weren’t planning on setting me up with someone, I wouldn’t have even told you though, and also you’re lucky I didn’t Chaeyeon that part”

 

Yena then shivered from the thought, “Yeah, my life would be in horror if Chaeyeon knew” her cousin can be a bit intimidating, well like it’s a silent oath for them cousins, never mess with lee chaeyeon. “You’re match made in heaven” she blurted out, she’s afraid of Sakura.

 

Sakura looked at her bestfriend and afterwards laughed out loud, “Of course” and then she winked at her, Yena felt like she just lost a whole year worth of arguments because of this.

It’s 5 in the afternoon when Chaeyeon heard a knock on her door, it was Sakura who was hiding something behind her back, and so she went to Chaeyeon and gave it to her, “For you mi’lady” she said with an accent that made chaeyeon chuckle.

 

“Thank you mi’love” Chaeyeon answered back. “What’s the occasion?” she asked.

 

“Nothing, just wanted to give you that and also, Ms. Lee please go on a date with me” she told her as she was smiling at her.

 

Chaeyeon then took her chance to lean on to Sakura who was in front of her table and gave her a peck and afterwards, “It’s my pleasure, darling”

Both of them are now inside of Sakura’s car, their destination is to the sea this time for the reason that it’s been a while since they both went to the beach.

 

“When did you plan this?” Chaeyeon asked as she opened the window of the car and felt the fresh air on her hands.

 

On the other hands, Sakura was all smiles as she was watching her girl do her thing, “I didn’t” she replied to Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon then smiled, it’s also one of Sakura’s characteristics that she had liked, and she didn’t at first but then as time goes on and on, she liked Sakura’s impulsiveness for the reason that it would always going to be fun when it happens.

 

“Do you want to go somewhere else other than the beach?” Sakura asked Chaeyeon.

 

“No, the beach’s fine” said Chaeyeon and so Sakura nodded and focused her eyes on the road.

 

The ride was kind of like long since the beach is far from the city so Sakura just told Chaeyeon to sleep it off for a while. Chaeyeon told Sakura she rejected Sakura’s offer but then like maybe minutes later, Chaeyeon was nodding her head off, Sakura was glancing at her even having a smile on her face but she wasn’t saying anything, for the reason that if she says something Chaeyeon would try to be awake even when she’s already near hibernation like how bears are, and then poof Chaeyeon was asleep. Sakura then just played music favorable enough for Chaeyeon for her not to wake up.

 

It was already night time when they arrived at the beach. It was actually Sakura’s, the place where they are right now. She just bought it not long ago and not anyways nor Chaeyeon know about this place. She parked her car just beside the house that she bought. She actually decided to buy this place for the reason that Chaeyeon likes the sea but they really don’t have the time to go see it because it’s far and they’re both busy specially her since she’s the CEO. It’s a place she’s ready to settle with.

 

She wasn’t ready to wake Chaeyeon up and so she went out of her car and she decided to take a walk at the sands, she took of her shoes and just walked on it. She then stopped on a certain place and stared at the moon.

 

She smiled then as a pair of hands envelope her being, “Why didn’t you wake me up?” said Chaeyeon.

 

“You know I don’t wake you up” Sakura replied which Chaeyeon just smiled at, yes she knows how considerate Sakura is at everything is. “Let’s take a walk?” Sakura asked as she faced Chaeyeon and so Chaeyeon nodded.

 

The two of them then were waking hands clasped, no voice were heard for just them hearts were just speaking. They were content of having their other half by their side. Sakura then halted which caused Chaeyeon to halt to, and so she looked at Sakura. “Why?” she asked Sakura.

 

“I have a question baby” she started and so Chaeyeon smiled at her and nodded her head as signal. “Do you ever see us living together here? I mean do you like this place?”

 

Chaeyeon was kind of confused but then she answered the question, “Of course baby, you know how much I like this place” and so Sakura had a knowing smile on her face that Chaeyeon noticed but she brushed the thought of as Sakura once again pulled her for a walk.

 

“Okay, here” she said then she covered Chaeyeon’s eyes.

 

“What is it, Saku-chan?” asked Chaeyeon.

 

“Wait, baby. Okay, 3 , 2, 1” As soon as she opened her eyes, Chaeyeon let out a gasp, it was a house. A house by the sea. She was then busy admiring the house, she wasn’t even in but still she’s happy about it.

 

Sakura then got ready for the second thing she’d be giving Chaeyeon today, Chaeyeon’s back was facing her so she didn’t know what Sakura was about to do. Chaeyeon then got herself indulged at the moment and then when she was about to tell Sakura what she feels was. She, once again was surprised but it was another kind of feeling. She just then found herself getting overwhelmed. She then covered half of herself. “S-saku-chan” she stuttered even.

 

Sakura smiled at her, “Baby, you know how much I was thinking about this. You know how much I love you right?” she asked as her other knee was on the ground and her hands were holding a thing that would move them to another level of their life. Chaeyeon then found herself crying.

 

Sakura then said the words. “Baby, Please marry me?” 

 

And as soon as she said those words, Chaeyeon jumped on her and hugged her real tight. “This is unfair” she said in a whine that made Sakura laugh.

 

Sakura then wiped the tears from Chaeyeon’s face and so she asked, “Will you marry me baby?”

 

Instead of answering, Chaeyeon just pulled Sakura face and gave her a passionate kiss that would be most likely be her answer but still she pulled back and answered, “Yes! Of course, whatever word there is that means yes baby. Miyawaki Sakura, I will marry you” she answered.

 

Sakura then also was about to cry, Chaeyeon laughed, “Put the ring on first, baby” she joked, but as soon as the ring was on her fingers she just let her tears flow on her face.

 

With all the emotion flowing, Sakura once again pulled Chaeyeon for a kiss, a slow and meaningful one was shared by two hearts that’s ready to face another page of their life. They always were smooth sailing, a long relationship wasn’t needed for them to prove that they were already what we say “the one” for each other.  

 

Scratch everything, They are each other’s THE ONE”.

 

THE END! 
Thank you for reading! 
Tell me if you liked it mga ka pochi! :D