One

Promise

"All human beings have regrets and mine was that I did not go against my father's orders sooner, I always accepted everything he imposed on me, so I saw my life sink deeper and deeper.

 

This all started when I was born, my appa, Lee Chulmoo promised me to a family, he was sure I would be an alpha and he was right. But my parents had several friends with children and I fell in love with one of them.

 

Lee Donghae, son of my appa's best friend. We grew up together, I was only 7 months older than him, a very shy but at the same time curious omega, I knew I hadn't been promised to him.

 

When we started school I asked, plus, I begged our parents to let us study together, on the pretext that I would protect you from all evils and they accepted. We started studying together, we had the same circle of friends, we were always together, we were titled as a couple and even when I was only 10 years old, I felt proud and passionate to hear that, but for you I think we were just best friends who protected themselves.

 

As time went by we grew, we became more and more beautiful and tastier (in my opinion). My 15th birthday party was to meet my promised omega, I rebelled when I heard the news and you were the only one who could calm me down and promise that you would always be there for me. So I kissed you after hearing those words, your first kiss, our first kiss. I never felt so loved and fulfilled as I did that day, that moment. I kissed the person I was in love with, for the first time I had taken an attitude for myself and not for my appa.

 

We spent the rest of the night clinging to my bed, looking out the window in my room, you fell asleep and I watched your sleep with a smile on my face.

 

Almost at the end of the party, my appa appeared furious in my room, but then when he saw you asleep in my chest, he calmed down and said that we would talk tomorrow. I never understood the special affection I had for you, sometimes I risked thinking that maybe he loved his aunt more than me, but I didn't care at least I could be by your side without him interfering in our relationship.

 

 Over the years, there were alphas that always tried something with you, but I would push them away and growl for them to leave you. I'd become possessive with you.

 

In conversation with our friends I had confirmed that I loved you but I couldn't declare myself because of my wedding that was coming soon and because I was a coward.

 

When I was 18, you were by my side on the day that should have been the happiest day of my life in theory because it was actually the most unhappy day, my marriage. I was a coward not to have imposed myself and to have accepted all that clowning. So far to say yes instead of saying my fiancé's name, my angry father took me away and scolded me while everyone looked at you surprised and full of pity at the omega at the altar.

 

You appeared there, where my father was shouting, when he saw you he shut up and left us alone. You looked deep into my eyes and promised me that you would always be by my side, so like a deja vu in my fifteen years, I kissed you in that room in the church where I would get married. You held me back because there was someone waiting for me at that altar who didn't deserve it. I heard you and we came back, this time I didn't get my name wrong and in the end the ceremony took place.

 

After that day, I remained possessive with you, keeping the alphas away from you, when at your 19 years old you entered your so dreamed college and you met him. Ahn Chilhyun or Kangta, an alpha 3 years older, he enchanted you and you enchanted him.

 

Of course my jealousy hit me and I did everything to keep you apart but Kangta didn't surrender until you were his. I heard from our friends to let you be happy, since I was married and wasn't going against my father, it hurt but it was true.

 

Kangta was dying of jealousy when he saw us together and I thought he would leave you, but no, he came to me and asked me not to disrespect you and Kyung, my husband. Perfect man in everyone's eyes.

 

You guys started dating, he didn't take you away from me like I thought he would, not from our friends and not from your family. 3 years later he asked you to marry him and you to my dismay accepted, but I couldn't do anything.

 

I was by your side like you were by mine, you didn't get the wrong name like me and everyone included I saw a different glow in your eyes. Would that be love?

 

I knew that your dream was to visit all of Europe, so your in-laws offered you this 2 month long pack, you thanked yourself with the greatest happiness and gratitude you felt. I was inside because I knew that every night you would lie with him and my tears could not be avoided.

 

It was on that same day that I recorded your image, you were more beautiful than ever, I hugged you and wished you all the best with the looks of everyone on top of us but in fact my will was to take you in my arms and run away with you but I did not do it out of cowardice.

 

You said goodbye and went on your honeymoon, all you had to do was turn your back on Siwon and Kangin to get me out of there and I could get rid of those feelings of agony and discouragement that ran down my cheeks along with my tears.

 

Two months passed, my parents, yours, our friends and their parents were all having dinner together, when your appa received a phone call reporting that you had had an accident on your way back to Seoul. My world fell at my feet and I ran together with everyone to the hospital you were in.

 

The doctor reported that a car had hit yours but that Kangta somehow protected you until the end using you as a shield but you couldn't resist and died just before you got to the hospital. When I heard the news I feared what might happen to you but promised to stay by your side even more when the doctor calmly expressed your new situation.

 

 

You were pregnant for three months, so that glow in your eye on your wedding day. Everyone was excited about the novelty I remember putting my hand on your needy belly and once again I promised to be by your side and by the side of that child you were carrying.

 

I did not leave your side until you woke up, my husband rebelled with my care for you and for the first time I had 2 reasons that tied me to you. The love I felt for you and this child, so I made the first decision of my life.

 

I got divorced. My father was furious and I stood up to him as I should have done from the very beginning who was sure he loved you.

 

You were in a coma for a month, you woke up, you hugged me and you weren't at all surprised to find out you were carrying a being from now four months. You cried against my chest when you heard about Kangta's death and you didn't want to leave my arms anymore, I revealed to you about my divorce and you gave me the best smile you could in that situation.

 

We left the hospital and I told you that I would take that child as my own, at first you didn't like it much but then I kissed you and looked into your eyes while saying that I loved you.

 

We moved in together, our baby grew up each time more and more and we named him Lee Haneul, which meant our heaven. Our family supported us, even my father loved the idea of me having a child even though he knew the whole truth, the family in Kangta also supported us and admired my attitude.

 

Our little one was born, an alpha. We agreed to tell the whole truth when one day the child asked why he didn't look like any of us.

 

In our first heat, I marked you and everyone was excited about the idea that we could have one more child. That's when I found out two years later that I was sterile, I couldn't have children, you stood by my side and promised me that everything would be fine. At that moment I knew I couldn't have chosen a better person to be by my side.

 

Over the years we never stopped loving each other, we explained the whole truth to our boy who understood perfectly. You gave him on his 12th birthday your wedding rings and even some gifts that Kangta gave you while you were dating, Haneul keeps them to this day with affection.

 

Our little boy is 20 years old, he's in college and one of these days he comes to me asking if he should declare himself or let you walk. I answered loud and clear to declare before it was too late and not to do like me, our little one smiled and said that I was the best appa in the world. How I felt loved a little bit more.

 

Today he dates who he loves and I marked my omega that has my heart, but there is something missing and so I ask you this question....

 

                                           Lee Donghae, will you marry me?"

 

 

 

A kneeling Hyukjae was facing his omega waiting for a response, he just grabbed the alpha crying and kissed him.