FINAL

Something Unreal

With the sun beaming brightly and alarm going off, Eunha groaned and covered her face from the light and noise lingering in the room.

 

Knowing the fact that this day is one of the dreadful times of her life, she couldn’t bring herself to wake up and wash herself up. A start of another semester may not even be considered that bad for some but for the short girl…. She despises it. Specially when your first class everyday is none other than integral calculus.

 

Oh how she hates parabolas, derivatives, circles, math theorems and everything else that includes numbers.

 

Why does my course have to specialize in such matters? The one and frequently asked of the girl to herself. If only becoming a civil engineer wasn’t her dream, she would not even bother looking at this hellhole of subjects.

 

Being a neurologist was her other option but — yes, another but — studying four years of premed, another four years on medicine school, and three to seven years of being a resident before you can have your license and be finally acknowledge as a doctor, if you pass the board exam that is, was too much for her.

 

Her brain per se could not possibly be that big of a brain to memorize and remember all the medical terms and practices she would be doing. Studying until your thirties was just too much for her.

 

Specially when the thought of your high school batchmates and your friends are already working and having the time of their life while she… she’s still in the middle of trying to prove herself in the medical field. Trying to memorize terms and be someone who never procrastinate on her schoolwork.

 

Just having those thoughts sends shivers to her spine.

 

Finishing medicine school is and would probably make you feel accomplished. Satisfied. Proud. Eunha admits that. As a matter of fact that was one thing that made her think that maybe studying for over a decade would not be so bad specially when you started treating people and see the smiles on their faces once you have successfully helped them.

 

But after reasoning with herself, the vision of building structures such as towers, houses, malls and the likes weighed more. She rather had herself found at constructing sites and offices giving out reports whenever someone asked her where do you see yourself in the future? 

 

And her most favorite out of all her found answer is the acronym engr being placed before her name. She rather found it more fascinating than the PhD — not that she’s shaming anything it or anybody, it’s just she feels more accomplished hearing the former title.

 

It was as if it was calling her? There was just something inside her that was telling her to be a engineer.

 

And she answered it.

 

Now on her third year at one of the most well known engineering school in the country.

 

“Eunbi, you better get up from bed before your time’s up.” Loud knocks coming from her door echoed the room.

 

Eunha didn’t budge from her bed. Instead, she pressed her pillow even harder to lessen the nagging that was coming out of her roommate’s mouth.

 

This isn’t the first nor second time that her roommate, Yerin, nags her in the morning and acts like a mother trying to wake her daughter for school. This scenario actually happens in daily basis.

 

“Remember, it’s not just the first day of the semester, it’s also the first day of the school year. And you don’t want to have a taste of the wrath of your first subject professor.” Yerin tries convincing the latter once again but to only receive silence as a reply. With that, a defeated sigh left and played the card hidden on her sleeves.

 

Something that never failed her.

 

“Well if you want to go to the faculty or even the dean’s office to hear some scolding from your professor, then I won’t stop you.” The brunette’s voice grew fainter with her sentence coming to an end. Meaning that she was walking away from the room to leave for class.

 

Seconds passed by with Eunha breathing heavily with her jaws clenched tightly. She just couldn’t understand how Yerin knew that specific spot to hit to make her all riled up.

 

Can’t she just sleep longer?

 

Reaching out on the shelf beside her bed and tapping on it for a few times before finally having felt her phone on her palm, removing the pillow that covered her ears, she held the phone in front of her to check the time.

 

Her eyes grew bigger and letting out a loud gasp upon seeing what time it was — 7:35a.m. — the girl pulled herself from slumber and threw herself off the bed.

 

“Oh I’m going to be late for class.” Without further ado, the door which Yerin had been knocking onto for a couple of minutes had finally opened and a loud slam echoed throughout the room.

 

Yerin who was putting on her sneakers felt a gush of wind pass by. She didn’t have to check for herself what had happened because the brunette knew exactly that Eunha was panicking at the moment. Most likely washing herself up for only five minutes or less just to overcome the crisis she was facing.

 

With the brunette having tied up the last knot, she stood up from the sofa and grabbed the right strap of her bag, slinging it on her shoulder.

 

“Maybe next time, you should consider waking up early or maybe listening to your alarm.” Yerin took a glimpse at the bathroom door which the shorter girl did not even close amidst the chaos.

 

With Eunha most likely ignoring the brunette’s statement, the older girl shrugged as her feet started moving towards the door but soon halted when her roommate came out of the room.

 

“Wait for me idiot. If I’m going to be late, I won’t be alone.” The shorter girl who was running towards her room announced. Body drenched with water and with white towel barely covering her.

 

Following the slam of the door, Yerin could only sigh and stare at the floor that has droplets of water.

 

“I just cleaned the place.”

 

What did she even expect from the younger girl when at a rush? Be calm and accept the fact that she may get sent to the dean’s office?

 

Next time, Yerin would not clean their room first thing the morning until Eunha becomes a responsible person.

 

 

“That was close.” Eunha stated, fixing her hair before hopping along the way. Feeling all happy and excited now that she isn’t going to be late for class.

 

Her rush paid off and she in fact is now eight minutes early for class. Thinking the fact that she no more would be a candidate for the dean’s office hyped her even more. No more scolding and humiliation at the very start of the semester.

 

“This is such a good life to live in.” The younger twirled with a wide grin out of nowhere.

 

The brunette wanted rolled her eyes at the embarrassing sight. She would have left the latter all alone and would have thought that that she’s going crazy if she hadn’t known the younger girl for years now.

 

Such scenes which people consider weird, awkward, and crazy all became normal for her all because of Eunha.

 

The girl does have this hobby of abruptly switching her mood from scared to happy when she overcomes a crisis.

 

And this is one instance.

 

“I remember you cussing and panicking just a while ago.” The brunette snickered earning her a glare from the latter. But all being well, the glare soon turned into a smile.

 

“That is why…” Eunha trailed off, turning around to face the brunette and walked backwards. “I feel relieved that I have overcome another crisis of my life.”

 

Not having any more energy to refute or ruin her friend’s vibe, the brunette only shook her head in disapproval.

 

Yerin agrees a hundred percent that Eunha should change her routine. Being a person who likes to rush and procrastinate is definitely not healthy for the girl.

 

Specially now that they will be entering the adult world in just a couple of years and there is no room available for neither of those.

 

The brunette had thought of one that might help the latter with her unhealthy habits since it did help her become more responsible than she should… Eunha would just end up rejected the offer from the brunette.

 

Yerin herself thought that the conclusion is abruptly made and it had no basis except her own experience. The fact that she is basing the conclusion off her wasn’t also helping. But dating someone really helped her a lot.

 

She didn’t expect that meeting someone right would make her a better person.

 

Believe it or not, the brunette was worse than the younger girl before. The moment Eunha stepped in their dorm to move in, the place was a mess.

 

Paper plates and boxes of pizzas were left to rot on the floor, clothes were thrown off anywhere the girl felt like throwing it, television was kept on for god knows how long it was, and the place was barely livable. It was filled with dust and whichever thing the visitor’s hand would touch, dust would immediately be picked up.

 

Even with just a single tap, a spec of dust would follow.

 

Not mention the smell.

 

The worst out of it all was the smell. Eunha almost vomited as soon as she opened the door. She couldn’t decipher what the weird smell coming from the room was.

 

Maybe it was a smell of spoilage? A smell of dust? A smell of unwashed sweaty clothes? Maybe even all of those smell combined.

 

Everything was a mess to the point that the younger girl thought that her roommate was some sort of drunkard freak who even uses illegal drugs.

 

Yerin was a complete mess and she admits that. She wasn’t brokenhearted or whatever makes a person a bloody mess. It was just because she had no goal in life.

 

She didn’t understand why going to college is a big deal for everybody.

 

She didn’t understand why people even go to college.

 

She even was a candidate of graduating early. By that, a candidate for dropout. The fact that the brunette barely goes to class and do her homeworks or projects made all the professor handling her have a headache.

 

No matter how much they reprimand or give encouraging words to the girl, she just wasn’t budging.

 

Didn’t care of what might happen to her.

 

But that all slowly changed when she met her now three years lover, Hwang Eunbi, an architecture major.

 

Seeing the girl for the first time, she felt as if it was love at first sight — as cliché as it can be like a romantic movie — she felt that the girl had something in her. Something that belonged to the brunette.

 

Yerin’s missing part.

 

The brunette knew that the architecture student was way out of her league. Knowing that the girl is one of the top student of the department and how punctual and responsible the girl is, Yerin knew that in no way and not in a thousand years would Eunbi like her if she continues living the life she has.

 

It was a wrong reason to change yourself just for a girl. A wrong one. The thought of losing or not winning the architecture student made the brunette feel awful. Thinking that she changed just to attain nothing.

 

Those were proven wrong when Eunbi and Yerin got to know each other. The younger girl opened up to the brunette on how she has this mindset to never fail since it would disappoint the people around her. Nobody made the younger girl think that way. It was rather because she wanted to be the best version of herself and lazying around would get you to nowhere or even pull you down.

 

People think that Eunbi was a model student but they don’t know that having such mindset is a poison for her. It made the people around her farther from her. She forgot how precious it is to have fun and be not serious even for just a while.

 

Being to focused to reach the top and be the best of yourself was poison.

 

A poison that can kill.

 

As they got to know each other, they found themselves in each other’s arms and the said poison inside the architecture student slowly faded. The brunette who had no sense of direction in life started having hope and seeing the light amid the dark.

 

They became each other’s safe haven.

 

With the two roommates reaching their destination, Yerin froze for a split second. Hesitating if she should ask Eunha if she would want to be set up to a blind date.

 

The shorter girl noticed how the latter stopped on tracks. “Is anything wrong Yerin?” Tilting her head in curiosity.

 

“What?” The brunette was pulled out from her thoughts and raised her head to look at the younger girl in the eye.

 

The words Yerin wanted to say disappeared and was replaced into a simple “Nothing. I just thought of something.”

 

Weakly smiling at the younger girl before entering the class first, leaving the latter confused.

 

Maybe asking her in the morning isn’t a good idea.

 

 

Chiming of bells echoed as Yerin pushed the café’s glass door. Eyes searching to find the girl she is meeting and once her eyes landed on the girl with her hair tied up in a high ponytail — too focused typing something on the laptop in front of her — the brunette’s lips automatically curled up and eyes glistening in delight.

 

“Hi babe.” The brunette went at the back of the girl and s her arms around the latter’s shoulder and kissed her cheek. “I missed you.”

 

Eunbi found herself chuckling at the action of her newly arrived girlfriend. The younger girl closed her computer and turned her head towards the brunette whose chin is currently resting on her shoulder.

 

“Hello to you too.” The architecture student kissed the brunette’s cheeks and tapped the clasped hands on her upper chest. “And you should sit down before people starts staring at us.”

 

Instead of pulling away, Yerin pulled Eunbi into an even tighter hug causing the latter to squeal in place due to the fact that she almost fell off her seat.

 

Eunbi felt her heart race for a bit out of shock and before the younger girl could reprimand the brunette for acting recklessly, Yerin loosened her grip and removed her arms around the girl. Kissing the crown of Eunbi’s head before walking towards her seat across the girl.

 

“So what made the baby tiger busy while I haven’t arrived?” The older girl grabbed the handle of the mug in front of her which she presumes a hot americano. Smelling it before pulling and placing the lid on her lips to take a small sip.

 

The brunette closed her and moaned at how delicious the coffee she is drinking. “You really know how to please my taste buds.” Commenting before she let her girlfriend answer her question.

 

Upon hearing the remark of the older girl, a sudden warmth surged on the architecture’s cheeks.

 

It was a simple compliment but Eunbi found her mind giving it a double meaning and not just any double meaning but something inappropriate. Her eyes travelled everywhere until it landed on those red plump tenacious lips of the brunette. Making her swallow a big lump in .

 

“Why is it so hot here?” Fanning herself and staring at the ceiling to avoid contact with the older girl, she thought that doing this would remove whatever she was thinking of.

 

The girl flinched the moment the older girl gave her remark. Yerin’s face filled with confusion. “But I’m freezing?”

 

Silence filled the air and Eunbi hopes that the latter hasn’t notice how her cheeks are turning to a fifty shades of red.

 

Stupid. Stupid Eunbi. 

 

The architecture student wanted to shrink on the spot for how messy she is because of a mere statement. She hates how the brunette have this weird power over her that she becomes such a mess at times.

 

She hates how her brain has a mind of her own when it comes to her girlfriend.

 

Think. Think. Think. Eunbi thought to herself. Letting her mind find a statement that can retrieve the calm and normal atmosphere before this all started.

 

“Uhhh.” There was already a sentence formulated on the younger girl’s mind but all that left was an eerie sound.

 

Noticing how Eunbi was getting uncomfortable with an unknown matter, Yerin stretched her arms in midair as she rests her back on the seat’s head and changed the topic in hope that the architect would ease up.

 

“I’ve been thinking that we should really find a decent partner for Eunha for her blind date if she ever agrees. I mean I’ve been asking her for almost every week and she just shuts the offer without even knowing who the other person is.”

 

The older girl placed both her palms on her cheeks, her elbows resting on the wooden table. Adorably pouting at Eunbi how happens to have calmed down after the former changed topic.

 

One thing out of the countless traits of Yerin she appreciates is that she knows exactly when to and when to not pry or tease the future architect.

 

Staring at the brunette who had been on this blind date mission for her roommate, Eunbi still can’t seem to understand why her girlfriend is so addicted in making Eunha date someone. Despite of explaining everything already, the younger girl just couldn’t see how dating someone have the same effect to the shorter girl.

 

Let’s be honest, Eunbi loves and adores Yerin’s fighting spirit but in regards to this matter, the brunette is just stubborn in the eyes of the architect.

 

“Maybe she’s telling you not to meddle with her love life?” Eunbi shrugged. Soullessly stirring her now cold macchiato.

 

“We’ve talked about this a hundred times Eunbi.”

 

Eunbi. Not babe nor princess. But just Eunbi.

 

Yerin didn’t call her any nicknames.

 

The younger girl’s right eyebrow perked up, a heavy sigh escaping her bare mouth. She knew that arguing or reasoning with her girlfriend would result into nothing at this rate. Judging by how the brunette was giving her the infamous I’ve made my decision and nothing can change my mind Yerin’s decision is final.

 

“Give me a valid reason why I should help you with this scheme of yours.”

 

Giving the go signal for the brunette to elaborate her thoughts, she didn’t waste even a second. “Okay let me tell you why she needs someone special in her life.” Yerin clapped before clasping her hands together. “First, she doesn’t go out of her room unless it’s a necessity such as for school projects or if she wants to eat something. Second, she lives an unhealthy lifestyle — not worse than mine in the past though — but still unhealthy. Third, remember that time when we were in my room making out—”

 

Yerin stopped her words when Eunbi raised her hand and gave her the don’t you dare smile.

 

“You don’t have to remind me of that time where she suddenly barged in and interrupted us.” The younger girl closed her eyes and clicked her tongue. She didn’t need someone to remind her about that humiliating moment in her life.

 

The brunette honestly still could state more reasons on why Eunha needs someone to keep her company since she’s the one living with the girl. Reasons that her girlfriend can’t understand.

 

“If you want someone dominant and responsible.” Eunbi stopped for a brief moment, carefully thinking if she should recommend the girl in mind. “But this one is going to be hard to convince.”

 

“Why is that?”

 

“She was my senior during high school and she’s currently studying in med school.”

 

“Okay?” The brunette asked. Still not understanding what Eunbi could mean by her former statement. “What is so difficult about that girl?”

 

The younger girl nonchalantly stared at the brunette, boringly blinking, her index finger lightly tapping her thigh. She doesn’t even know why that certain girl crossed her mind.

 

Since she had already dropped the bomb, Eunbi thought that there is no way that she would eat her words up and back out. She wasn’t that type of person.

 

The future architect leaned closer to the brunette and signaled her to do the same. “Because if you think that I’m too goal oriented and hard to please, that girl I have in mind is worse.”

 

“But who knows? She might have changed and became all soft after these years.” Eunbi continued and plopped her back on her chair.

 

 

After a few weeks of waiting for Eunbi to finally convince her senior, Yerin finally got a call from the younger girl last night informing her about the good news.

 

“Sojung finally cleared up all her schedule and agreed to go to this stupid blind date.” Eunbi stated with a monotone voice, obvious that she is exhausted from maybe because of school or because of trying to convince her friend.

 

Hearing the good news, the brunette couldn’t help but throw her fist in the air and mouth a big ‘yes’.

 

As if seeing what the older girl had done, the younger girl chuckled from the other line.

 

“Since I’ve done my part, it’s your turn miss polar bear.” Hearing the nickname, Yerin couldn’t help but cringe. She couldn’t believe that her lover would take her joke that she resembles a polar bear seriously. “And don’t forget to treat me lunch the whole week.”

 

Of course.

 

Yerin forgot about their deal about Eunbi having free lunches for a whole week. She of course recklessly agreed despite of knowing the architect having an expensive tongue.

 

Brushing off the going broke scenario, the brunette saw the brighter side.

 

The hope of finally having a free time with only her Eunbi shone brightly inside her. The vision of having privacy glimmered in her brain. The thought of her roommate finally waking up on time made the inside of her jump in delight.

 

“I know. I’ll treat you anything you want and thank you for this babe. I love you.”

 

“Hmm. I love you too and good night.”

 

The brunette carefully watched Eunha cook instant noodles. Biting her nails and her eyes trembling as she stare at the shorter girl’s back.

 

Even if Yerin denies it, she doesn’t know how to ask or even convince Eunha to agree to this blind date that the couple planned. The fact that the last few times she had asked the latter somehow stained her pride wasn’t helping her now.

 

“Just say you’re that afraid someone would step in whichever room you're in while disgustingly making out with your girlfriend. You should at least be grateful it was me and not your mom who saw you doing such thing. Geez.”

 

The sheer thought of another bullet piercing right through her pride gives her goosebumps.

 

The shorter girl wasn’t completely wrong though. Despite of having too many reasons for wanting to set her up on a blind date, one of the reason is that the chance of someone ruining her moment with Eunbi becomes slimmer.

 

Turning her body as soon as she finished pouring the boiling water in to the cup of plastic, Eunha saw how the brunette was completely out of her mind.

 

With Yerin staring into nowhere, mouth opened, and fidgeting hands, the younger girl in the room couldn’t help but tease the distracted roommate of hers as she passed by the dazed girl. “Careful there. You don’t want a fly to come inside your mouth as you fantasize over your girlfriend, ert.”

 

The brunette felt her cheeks burning up. Not from just because of embarrassment but also anger. It’s been months already yet the shorter girl still teases her with that moment that shall not be remembered.

 

Hearing a loud scream coming from the kitchen, a smirk formed on the lips of Eunha for she won another round against her roommate.

 

Something which the younger girl always finds amusing is that Yerin couldn’t take it when she’s getting teased because of her girlfriend. Always ends up giving a satisfactory response.

 

Touché.

 

Eunha picked up the remote placed on the glass table inside the living room. Sitting comfortably sit and turns on the television as she wait for her noodles to cool down a bit.

 

Nothing out of the ordinary.

 

The short girl browsed Netflix to see if a series or a show would catch her attention. She browsed and browsed but nothing interesting came up since may have already watched almost all of the interesting shows she had come across. The Umbrella Academy, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Education, Orange is the New Black, The End of the F***ing World, You, The Order.

 

You name it.

 

She may have really watched all the ones that interested her.

 

“God this is so boring.” She complained. Turning off the television and throwing the remote back in place.

 

How can this girl be not bored when all she does is either be on her phone browsing the internet, watching television, eating the foods she craves for, or she’s sleeping soundly anywhere inside their dorm.

 

She basically is a homebody.

 

Plopping herself onto the rectangular couch, her back facing the soft surface, she stared at the bright ceiling. Waiting for her boredom to wash away.

 

The girl took a deep breath before finally reaching out for her phone to check her social media accounts if there is anything going on. Unfortunately, after endlessly scrolling though her accounts on different platforms, she ended up turning off her phone.

 

Bored and nothing to take it away.

 

Hearing light footsteps coming near the living room, she tilted her head sideways to take a glimpse of what may her roommate be up to.

 

Eunha raised her eyebrows at the unexpected sight. Yerin was carefully holding the cup noodles which the short girl has been waiting to turn cold, careful enough not to spill any of the soup. She rather expected the brunette fuming with anger after what she said rather then delivering and serving her left noodles at the kitchen.

 

Something is not right here.

 

Doubts swarmed through the younger girl’s mind.

 

Yerin wouldn’t be acting this way if she doesn’t need anything from Eunha. Be it as a request or a plead.

 

As the brunette placed the noodles on the table, the short girl rolled her eyes and sighed.

 

She definitely knows where this is going so better beat her to it.

 

“Whatever evil plot you’re thinking, it’s a big no.”

 

Eunha sternly stated and covered her eyes using her right arm. She did not need to look at the older girl just to know the smile on her face faded. She also knew exactly that Yerin has her arms crossed in front of her chest.

 

“I show you an act of a good samaritan and this is what I get? Not even a thank you, Yerin, for bringing me my noodles.”

 

“Good samaritan.” Eunha emphasized and scoffed. “I doubt you’ll be doing such kind acts without something in return. Just say what you’ve been wanting to since we were in the kitchen.” Eyes still closed covered with her arm.

 

Yerin was about to argue back but closed . Was she that obvious? She really needs to work on her acting skills if this blind date doesn’t go well.

 

“Fine. I admit defeat.” The brunette heaved a sigh and raised both of her arms in midair.

 

Eunha on the other hand, uncovered one of her eyes to see what is happening and how would this conversation go.

 

“And the thing you want is?”

 

Hearing the question, the older girl paused for a moment to figure out if she should be frank or beat around the bush until her roommate catch on.

 

But as if on cue, Eunha utters words as if she had read the older girl’s mind. “Just be direct instead of going into places.”

 

Silence.

 

Yerin was silent.

 

The brunette knew that she should at least now do her part for this scheme since Eunbi had already successfully done hers. The girl doesn’t know what was stopping her from asking her roommate this one so not simple favor.

 

“I’m going to count to three and if you still haven’t said what you have been dying to say, I’ll go to my room and have my good night sleep.” Eunha shot her back up from the couch and sat instead, her hands hardly pressed on the cushion. Readying herself to walk away.

 

“One.”

 

Silence.

 

“Two.”

 

Still no sign of the older girl in opening .

 

“Three.” Eunha jolted up from her seat and clicked her tongue as her feet started to move towards her room. “Time’s up.”

 

Yerin watched the shorter girl walk towards her room, contemplating if she should do it now. Calculating the steps left before the latter reaches her destination.

 

Five more steps.

 

Four more steps.

 

Three more steps.

 

Two —

 

Dammit. I guess this is better than Eunbi getting mad at me for not doing my part.

 

“Fine.” Eunha stopped amidst her track and from almost turning the doorknob. She took a deep breath before turning around to face the older girl. Crossing her arms as she wait for the latter to continue.

 

“Can’t you just please agree on going on a blind date? Plus it is Eunbi and I who planned this and the other girl you’re going to meet is a great friend of hers. So can’t you just please, please, please agree for once?”

 

Yerin was out of breath after blabbering so fast and Eunha was rather taken aback by how the older girl had said so many words in a matter of seconds.

 

They stared at each other for few seconds which they thought forever, no one uttering any words, the ticking of the wall clock that can barely be heard was echoing in their ears as if the sound it made grew louder.

 

The silence and look in the eyes of the shorter girl gave the brunette hope that she may have finally succeeded. To her dismay, the answer was the one she is expecting since morning.

 

“No.” A word as simple and short as that was the only thing that left Eunha’s mouth before turning around and locking her door.

 

Leaving Yerin alone in the living room.

 

That night definitely didn’t go as planned but it doesn’t mean that the brunette would stop trying the next day.

 

“Why do you want me to go on a stupid blind date so badly?” Eunha frustratingly shoved her dirty plate into the sink groaned as she walked to the refrigeration to get some cold water to satisfy her thirst and maybe even cool her down.

 

The older girl who was guiltily watching her deranged friend scratched her neck and bit her lips.

 

She definitely didn't expect this kind of reaction when she asked her. She only asked the short girl once and that enough made the bomb go off the entire room.

 

Not knowing how to respond properly nor calm her roommate, her eyes travelled every corner of the room in hope that something reasonable or something that makes sense comes out of .

 

Just when the brunette thought that the shorter girl was done, she was proven wrong. “And do you remember how many times I agreed with that proposition of yours?” Eunha stopped for a bit to take a deep breath and prevent herself from going more insane. Her voice now lowered and not screaming. “I agreed three times, Yerin. And remember how all of those turned out to be a disaster because the first one? The first one just wanted to take me to bed and get in my pants. The second one was a unhygienic psycho who publicly picks her nose and rub it on her clothes. Not to mention we held hands even before I knew how much of a an unhygienic person she is. And the third one? Oh don’t get me started with that offensive and disrespectful person.”

 

Yep. Yerin was left speechless by her roommate who just exploded the first thing in the morning.

 

This is already a disaster.

 

The brunette didn’t utter any more words until she sees that Eunha has finally calmed down from her period. Yes, she has a period. Probably one of the reasons why the girl gets easily triggered by things since yesterday.

 

And Yerin needs to convince Eunha despite of this crisis because Eunbi’s friend already agreed and that is most likely a one time agree thing.

 

The short girl repeatedly breath in and out, her hands going up and down as it follows the rhythm of her breaths. It took a couple of minutes before Eunha had completely calmed down from anger.

 

“I’m sorry for lashing out on you.” Eunha softly apologized at the older girl. Her eyes fixed on the ground. Ashamed of her action. “It’s just  because school has been stressing me a lot despite of it just getting started plus I have my period now.”

 

The brunette smiled at the shorter, assuring her that everything’s fine and she shouldn’t apologize. In fact Yerin should be the one apologizing. Being the one who has been pushing Eunha to go on blind dates.

 

Blind dates that turned out to be a mess due to the fact that they just threw random girls she thought was decent enough for her roommate. When in fact, were far from being called decent.

 

“Come on sit down here. I’ll get you another cup of water.” Standing up from the stool, Yerin went to the younger girl and lightly tapped her back. The shorter girl followed the instruction of the latter and once she took a seat, she covered her face with both of her palms, shaking her head as she groan before managing to come back to her original self.

 

“Remind me again why I should agree with this wicked scheme of yours?”

 

Yerin, who was pouring cold water on the glass cup, stopped for a brief moment. Not answering until she was giving her roommate the water.

 

“Do you want the shorter version or the essay one?” The brunette grinned, waving her brows up and down, obviously teasing the shorter girl and trying to lighten up the mood.

 

The teasing of course didn’t fail her. Eunha rolled her eyes and snorted in disbelief.

 

“Spare me the long essay you have prepared.”

 

“Figured you’d say that.”

 

The brunette nodded, clicking her tongue before explaining what she had explaining to her girlfriend a few days ago.

 

“Well since you want to really know why I’m doing this.” Trailing off for a split second. “I am not doing this in any way to harm you or your sanity, you know that right?”

 

Eunha hummed — sarcastically hummed — as if she believed her friend. Though no harm in her sanity had been harmed, she was somehow traumatized by the behavior of the past people she had been set up with.

 

“The few reasons out of the many ones are; you are living in an unhealthy life. You don’t eat healthy food, oversleep for almost everyday, you don’t wake up despite of your alarm ticking off, you procrastinate a lot. Not to mention the fact that you barely go out of the dorm.” Yerin turned her gaze towards the latter who doesn’t seem to be even bit pleased with every word she uttered. “And you should really give Eunbi and I some privacy.”

 

Gush of awkward imaginary wind covered the room. The shorter girl didn’t say anything, her eyes were boringly blinking and staring at the anxious roommate of hers. Trying to decipher and take in every word she had heard.

 

Thinking about it, the first few reasons were valid and Eunha, herself, can agree with but for the last few ones… she begs to differ.

 

“I do go out of our room. And you know tha—” The shorter girl was stopped midsentence.

 

“You do go out but. Quote the word but.” The brunette raised her hands and made a quote gesture. “You go out when Eunbi and I are having a date. With you being there, of course we should stop ourselves in being all the lovey dovey type and we can’t even kiss — well not like we do it every time — In short, we do our best to not feel you like a third wheel.”

 

Eunha’s mouth gape in shock hearing the hurtful truth come out of her friend. It’s not that she doesn’t know this, but the fact that Yerin slapped it on her face didn’t make her feel any better.

 

Who was she suppose to go with anyway? All of her close friends has either girlfriend or boyfriend and Eunbi and Yerin are the ones she’s the closest and most comfortable with amongst them. Plus the short girl doesn’t feel like going out just by herself.

 

“Look.” The brunette grabbed a hold of both Eunha’s shoulders, intensely staring at her eyes. “I love you. I really do. But you should stop making Eunbi and I postpone our alone time for almost every time. And Eunbi felt really embarrassed when you barged in my room when we were doing…” The brunette stopped, thinking how to word it appropriately. “Our thing. Don’t get me wrong, we love you being with us but please avoid interrupting our alone time? And you definitely someone like Eunbi in your life.”

 

Eunha was speechless. What Yerin had said were all true and how oblivious can she be that she believed that tagging along with a couple would be just fine? The mere fact that she didn’t just tag along for a couple of times made her feel worse.

 

The mere fact that the reason she agreed with this proposition of Yerin in the past — which I may remind you, all of them was a mess — was because she hoped that she would finally find someone in her life that will make her happy and accompany her with no complain.

 

She was searching for a love of her own

 

“Wow.” Was the first word that came out of Eunha’s mouth. Feeling guilty for uttering such words, Yerin gave her an apologetic look.

 

“I’ll agree again to your scheme but this is the last time I’ll do it.” Eunha jerked up from her seat and threw a serious glare at the brunette. “If you ask me again after this — if this one turns out to be another mess — I will not talk to you anymore and unfriend you.”

 

 

Staring at the window, watching as the cab passes by buildings, Eunha couldn’t help but let an exasperated sigh escape .

 

This is the day where she is finally going to meet that mysterious friend of Eunbi. Which the two had been boasting that would be different from the past ones. The short girl doesn’t know if she should be happy or scared about the fact of the girl being different from the other blind dates she had been in.

 

The only information she knows about this girl is her name and what course she is taking up.

 

Kim Sojung. A medicine student studying at a prestige medicine school. Not only that, she graduated valedictorian in elementary and high school and still on top of the class even now.

 

It scared her.

 

Eunha was scared in meeting this certain Sojung.

 

“Are you seriously setting me up with someone out of my league?” Eunha whined at the disbelief of how smart this girl is.

 

The mere thought of having a date with a genius sent chill all over her. How can she keep up with such person?

 

She couldn’t imagine how she would feel so small in front of the girl once the meet.

 

“You guys want me to get humiliated, don’t you?” The short girl glared at the couple in across her.

 

“Come on, at least she’s not another psycho who is underqualified to be your girlfriend.” Yerin tried reassuring her roommate that everything is going to be fine but for her girlfriend, Eunbi, she was holding her laughter.

 

And it was visible.

 

Eunha doesn’t even want to turn her head towards the younger girl since seeing someone trying to suppress their laugh isn’t going to help in any way.

 

“Not underqualified. But overqualified. I’m the underqualified here.”

 

“Well just think of it this way, you’re a lucky girl because Sojung isn’t the type to be easily convinced. Specially if it’s not academic related.” Eunbi, who was finally overcame her crisis, smirked at the shorter girl.

 

She knew that the statement she made may give a different reaction depending on the perspective of the latter. And she also knew that saying that wouldn’t help Eunha to calm her nerves down.

 

The short girl closed her eyes. Hoping that by doing so, it would at least ease up her mind and body before she arrive at the restaurant where she’s suppose to meet the girl.

 

After all, she still has approximately twenty minutes before the big moment of reveal happens.

 

She just hopes that she wouldn’t turn out to be the mess.

 

 

Eunha froze the moment she took a step out of the cab. She found herself not budging the moment she found herself in front of the meeting place.

 

Her heart rapidly beating.

 

Wanting to disappear even before she meets the girl named Kim Sojung.

 

If it weren’t for the fact that the girl was described as a genius, organized, punctual, goal oriented, and whatever else a perfect person is, she wouldn’t feel like this.

 

The girl is completely the opposite of her.

 

Maybe asking her friends for the details about this girl was a bad idea.

 

Maybe agreeing to this was even worse.

 

The short girl was undeniably nervous for what is to come to the point of thinking of ditching her date. But she isn’t the type of person to leave someone waiting for her. Specially not someone who barely knows her.

 

“You can do this, Eunha. This is just another one day blind date. You won’t see her again after this.” Vigorously shaking her hands to wash all her worries away.

 

Hesitation filled her soul before finally having control to herself. As the guard saw her approaching the restaurant door, the man pulled the glass door. Welcoming the girl upon her arrival.

 

A man wearing a red vest, a tie placed inside it, a black fit trousers, and an oxford shoes approached her asking if she had booked a table or if she is a walk in customer, answering that her company had already arrived and is already at their designated seats.

 

The man in vest, which Eunha presumes to be either a manager  or a waiter nodded upon hearing the girl. “Okay ma’am. I hope you enjoy your stay at our restaurant.” The man bowed to the short girl and gracefully swung his right arm towards the fancy tables, his left hand supporting his torso.

 

Involuntarily, the girl returned the bow before setting off to find her date.

 

As she entered the dining hall, it rather awed the engineering student. She knew that their meeting place is a fancy restaurant but she didn’t expect it to be this fancy.

 

Eunha was greeted with a humongous aquarium full of fishes at the corner of the entrance, a big chandelier hanging from the high ceiling of the place, small yet expensive lamps on the walls lit the place, having the aroma of lavender filling the place, and a classical music playing at the background to set the mood.

 

Eunha found herself looking at her clothes. A white off shoulder blouse for her top, and a plain black knife pleated skirt for her bottom, and a flat doll shoes.

 

Anxiety filled her.

 

Thinking that her outfit wasn’t suitable enough for the fancy ambiance.

 

Before completely disappearing to her waves of thoughts, a ting and a quick vibrate was heard from her leather bag.

 

Quickly fishing out her phone, a message from her roommate appeared once the device lit up. What could possibly Yerin want from her?

 

Eunha pressed her thumb on the lower section of the screen to register her fingerprint. In a span of less than a second, she was sent to its homescreen and not waiting any longer, she tapped the messages icon. There she saw the brunette asking her where is is.

 

Crazy Roommate: Where are you? Sojung messaged Eunbi telling that she thinks you ditched her!!!

 

Seeing the obscure message from the brunette, her eyes squinted in confusion. The short girl decided to call the latter to ask what is she talking about. Pulling her phone on her ear, it rang for a few times before the other line picked up the call.

 

“What do you mean she thinks I ditched her? I’m already at the restaurant.” The short girl quietly shouted to not bother the nearby customers eating and having a discussion with their companies.

 

“What do you mean you’re there?” Eunha removed the phone her ear, not wanting to hear the deafening shout of her friend. “Remember that this girl you’re meeting is a punctual person unlike you or me who doesn’t mind someone being late.”

 

Yerin didn’t let the other girl refute nor reason with her because as soon as she ended her sentence. A continuous beep replaced the connected call. Making the girl sigh at the harsh action.

 

I should be the one being mad at her. Geez.

 

Another ting and vibrate came from her phone. Checking it, it was the brunette telling her where the medical student is sitting.

 

Crazy Roommate: In case youre lost, Sojung is sitting by the window at the second most last row of the vicinity.

 

After reading the text, Eunha quickly glanced at the back section until she saw a girl that took her breath away.

 

She felt her heart rapidly beating at the sight of the gorgeous girl having her chin rested on her palm as she stares outside. The girl has pointy nose, her eyes having the power to pull you into a world you have yet too see, her lips sparkling due to it’s glossiness, her chin sharp enough to slit through skin.

 

Letting her feet lead the way, she found herself standing in front of her date. Finding herself paralyzed and charmed by the gorgeous girl.

 

Speak Eunha. Just say hi and apologize since you kept her waiting.

 

No matter how much the short girl tries to muster up her courage to do such simple things, she found herself frozen. Not having any control to her body. Cheeks started reddening at the fact that she looks like a complete fool standing across the medicine student.

 

It wasn’t long then until Sojung felt the presence of the engineering student. Boring her head towards the girl towering over her, she saw a frozen girl who had no sign of budging from the spot she’s standing on.

 

Seeing the behavior of the girl, a quick smirk formed on her lips but soon changed into a warm smile that definitely made the heat rushing on Eunha’s cheeks three times hotter.

 

“Hi. You must be Eunha.” Sojung stood up, the smile still lingering on her face. She went across to pull the seat from the table and assist the shorter girl.

 

With Eunha still frozen, Sojung decided to break the ice that covered the engineering student.

 

“I’m Kim Sojung. Your company for the day.” The tall girl reached out her hand in attempt to shake hands with the latter.

 

One.

 

Two.

 

Three.

 

It took three seconds before Eunha snapped out of her frozen state. Blinking and moving wanting to say something but to only fail and utter inaudible words.

 

Oh god, someone save me from further embarrassing myself.

 

Being the messy person in a date is definitely a first to Eunha. She never felt this way to anyone in her twenty one years of being alive on earth. Was it because of the immense aura that the taller girl was giving?

 

Perhaps out of intimidation?

 

The girl in front of her is a genius and perfect compared to her after all.

 

“Uhm do you want to take a seat?” Hearing another statement from the latter, Eunha snapped out of her thoughts. Turning her head down, the hand that Sojung offered was no longer hanging in midair.

 

Realizing how much of a mess she is, she first took a seat. Her hands mindlessly fidgeting each other. The engineering student felt ashamed of her actions and now the latter most likely thinks that she’s a snob or a weird person to begin with.

 

“You know, you shouldn’t feel awkward nor shy around me. I don’t eat people. I promise.” Sojung faintly smiled assuring the girl that there is nothing to be afraid of.

 

She would be lying if she says that this is the first time someone acted this way around her. When in fact it happened numerous times already. Even when she was in middle school, people found themselves stuttering and avoiding her gaze.

 

Being almost everybody’s ideal type has also its disadvantages.

 

Sometimes she questions herself if having such a beautiful face is a blessing or a curse.

 

“I- I- I’m sorry” Eunha felt herself once again sinking from her seat due to how much she stuttered.

 

Seeing such behavior from the short girl, Sojung thought that this would turn out as a failed date if she doesn’t do anything to make the nervousness of the smaller girl fade.

 

“You know that you were late for exactly twelve minutes and thirty-three seconds.” Eunha’s eyes widened at the sudden confrontation and was about to apologize until Sojung commented something that made her turn into bright red. “But I find you cute so I’ll let it slide.”

 

Eunha found herself staring and blinking at the girl who has a teasing smile on her face.

 

This behavior from the medical student definitely not what she had expected coming. In fact, she was waiting for the girl to be snobby and reprimand her for wasting her time waiting at their very first meeting.

 

Not flirt — if you consider that flirting — with her.

 

“W-what?”

 

Eunha doesn’t even know if she heard the girl correctly or was hallucinating things. Not knowing if Sojung has that much of a big impact towards her sanity that she’ll start hearing things differently.

 

What she doesn’t know was the genius was only joking — half joking to be precise — to her to lessen the thick air building around them.

 

The short girl found herself even more confused when the girl across her chuckled and waved her hand amid of the laughter coming from her.

 

“You’re cute.” Placing her pair of elbows on the clothed table and resting her chin on her clasped hands. The older girl smiled and tilted to observe the girl who was giving her golden reactions.

 

Sojung, herself, doesn’t know the exact reason why found herself going all soft to the girl she just met. For if it was another person, she would have already given them cold shoulders and scolded them for not arriving on time.

 

She wonders if it’s because of the adorable attributes of the girl or if there was something else in the smaller girl that is making her feel and act like this.

 

“And I’m serious about you avoiding to feel awkward. I don’t want this day to end not making my date happy.”

 

Sojung really has a way with words that Eunha finds herself turning red in every word the taller girl utters.

 

Pursing her lips and scratching her neck as she thinks of something to say, Eunha found herself saying a mere. “I’m not good with new people so I can’t promise you anything.”

 

Lies.

 

Eunha has no problem in communicating with people she barely knows.

 

She only found herself spatting the lie as an excuse to her acting all weird at this moment.

 

Of course Sojung, who is clueless on the future engineer’s true nature, believed the lie.

 

The taller girl’s eyes glimmer in delight and a huge grin formed on when she heard the smaller girl — telling that she’ll try her best. Clapping her hand in glee before announcing. “Let’s order then.”

 

As she raised her hand to signal that their table is ready to order, a waitress who was near them approached the couple. Giving them a menu book.

 

As the engineering student scanned the menu, gaped open when she saw the prices listed beside the cuisines

 

Thirty dollars for a piece of steak? I can buy six burgers in total with this pricing.

 

Eunha thought that the pricing of the restaurant was oddly high and might even be overpriced. She couldn’t be the only one thinking that right? Removing her gaze from the menu to Sojung, she was taken aback on how calm the latter looked like.

 

The older girl was even nodding her head and making serious expression in every recipe she reads.

 

That was when the short girl thought that this isn’t the first time the medical student had been in an expensive restaurant. It wouldn’t be something to be surprised, she thought. Considering how the latter is studying at a prestige school that is known for its quality education and expensive tuition.

 

Students studying there may even be called the elite.

 

“What about you, Eunha?” The girl across turned her head to face her, waiting for an answer.

 

Hearing the older girl’s question, the small girl shot a quick glimpse on the waitress who was writing something down on the pad on her hand. The younger girl looked back and fort from Sojung to the waitress.

 

Realizing that the latter had already given her order, Eunha was left flustered.

 

“I’m good.” A statement short as that was given by the short girl making girl across her raise an eyebrow. The engineering student was expecting Sojung to insist in ordering but the girl only turned away and thanked the staff.

 

Eunha felt disappointed.

 

She felt a heavy tug on her heart when future doctor didn’t bother considering the smaller girl’s stomach.

 

The short girl was undeniably hungry and she could feel her stomach grumbling. She was grateful that her insides hasn’t betrayed her yet and screamed that it’s time for her to feed her necessity.

 

A small pout formed on her lips and when the taller girl saw her reaction, a smirk formed on her lips but soon vanished and turned into a worried expression.

 

“You should have told me earlier when the waitress was taking orders that this place doesn’t suit your taste.” Sojung clicked her tongue before standing up from her seat making the smaller girl bewildered at the action. “Come on, stand up. Let’s go to somewhere that has the foods that you’ve been craving for.”

 

The future doctor flashed a grin and held her hand in midair for the engineer to take.

 

“It’s fine Sojung.” Eunha shook her head trying to convince the latter. “Plus you’ve already ordered your meal. It would be rude of us if we just suddenly leave without even eating the ordered food.”

 

Tilting her head in amusement, the older girl found the corners of her lips curl upwards. This girl is really something.

 

A few seconds passed by before the hand waiting for Eunha lowered to search for a certain leather brown wallet. Sojung brought it up and did not hesitate to pull bills out from it and placing it in the middle of the silverware and beige napkin on the table.

 

“There.”Sojung clapped before once again extending her hand to the seated girl. “I don’t think it would be rude of us to leave if we’ve already paid right?”

 

Noticing that the younger girl was only staring at her hand, the girl shook it to tell the former to take her hand. “Just take my hand, Eunbi. Besides, I told you that I won’t let this day end not making my date satisfied with what we did.”

 

 

Eunha found herself sitting at a burger shop that was located a few blocks away from the restaurant they have been. The girl insisted that travelling to the nearby mall wasn’t necessary but to no avail.

 

The older girl only let the smaller girl explain her reason why staying at the fancy restaurant was not a big of the deal. Nodding and humming while listening to the future engineer to the point that Eunha thought that she was winning the small argument they were having.

 

However, as the saying goes; what Sojung wants, Sojung gets.

 

“Too bad. I’m not the selfish type that would let her date starve.” Winking as she lightly tap the tip of the smaller girl’s nose.

 

A heavy sigh left the small girl’s mouth. Turning her head towards the line at the counter, she found herself staring at the tall girl who was waiting for her turn to order — hands tucked in her beige sweater’s pockets.

 

This wasn’t how she planned this date to go. Specially not how she envisioned the medical student to be.

 

“Tsk. Stubborn.”  She pouted and crossed her arms in front of her chest, her back resting on the head of the orange monobloc chair of the fast food chain.

 

The line on the counter was flowing slow and the future engineer lightly tapped her right foot to wash her boredom away. Her eyes still fixated at the girl who was one person away until she reaches her objective.

 

The sight of the young girl was soon blocked by a man at his mid twenties. Eunha thought that the stranger would just ask if the seat across her is available to be borrowed but she was wrong.

 

“Why are you looking so grumpy, cutie?” Screeching of the metal feet of the monobloc seat echoed the place, the man now sitting in front of the girl with a creepy smile planted on his face.

 

Oh please not again. Eunha scoffed and glared at the man trying to flirt with her. Hoping that it would make him scram. But the effect was quite different she had in mind.

 

“Oh come on. I know you’re just playing hard to get.” The stranger pulled his hand to reach for the girl’s hand but stopped and her confident smile turned into a wail of pain.

 

Eunha saw that there was a hand squeezing the man’s shoulder. She followed the long arm and saw that it was Sojung who was towering over the man. Not a glimpse of the stubborn and tranquil Sojung was found.

 

“You know it’s rude to flirt with somebody else’s date.” The tall girl squeezed the man’s shoulder tighter making the man scream louder. Hand strenuously tapping the one squeezing his shoulders.

 

“Apologize to the lady, creep.” Seeing the stranger glare at her, the medical student wasn’t pleased at all. “So you want to apologize the hard way.”

 

Another wince came from the man, a loud screech came from the seat that was pushed. The man is now on the ground — kneeling down on the ground.

 

“I said apologize.” Sojung sternly said. Her teeth gritted. Eyes burning in anger.

 

“Okay okay. I’m sorry.” The man unwillingly apologized. Having squeezed once more before the tall girl freed his arm from the wrath of the hand.

 

The stern expression the older girl changed into a playful smile once she heard the apology — raised and removed her hand on the man. The stranger immediately ran away when he felt the boulder crushing his arms got lifted.

 

Eunha on the other hand was bewildered by what just happened. It didn’t occur to her that people in the room were watching them until the man scrammed.

 

Her cheeks turned flustered red at how she felt embarrassed. Being the center of the attention is not on her wish list during dates.

 

“I leave you for a few minutes, men starts swarming over you.” Sojung pulled the thrown chair and sat down. A smirk forming on her lips.

 

“You didn’t have to hurt him you know.” Eunha flashed her infamous pout making the latter laugh at the adorable sight.

 

“I see that my date is a softie.”

 

The engineering student still isn’t used to how she finds herself blushing from time to time because of the older girl. To find herself having a rapid heartbeat. Specially when the latter says my date or when she flashes a smirk or when she smiles at her or when she starts small conversations to lighten up the mood or—

 

Or we can cut to the chase, Eunha finds Sojung perfect. Everything about her is perfect. As if the older girl was an angel sent from above to walk the earth among the mortals.

 

A beauty that can even compare to a goddess.

 

“Oh and by the way, this date is my treat.”

 

Before the younger girl could disagree, the round pager lit up and beeped indicating that their order is ready to be served. Being the swift person between the couple, Sojung left the table even before the smaller girl could stand up and get the orders herself.

 

Eunha really can’t understand the medical student. She always finds herself puzzled by the taller girl.

 

Eunbi told her that Sojung was someone who’s cold, rarely smiles, and who likes to give deadly glares to the people around. Not this person she’s having a date now.

 

The future engineer feels like she’s being toyed.

 

And the fact that she doesn’t know who’s lying makes it worse. It could be her roommate’s girlfriend trying to scare her off or Sojung hiding her true colors by acting all kind and someone whom one can depend on.

 

“Ugh. I don’t know.” The short girl shook her head in frustration.

 

Ignoring this issue for now may be the best option. Besides, the two might not even see each other again after this.

 

 

“You like arcades and video games right?” Sojung asked the smaller girl walking beside her.

 

The two were roaming around the mall after they ate lunch. With the engineering student eating a strawberry ice cream and the medical student thinking on what activity can they do next.

 

After all, she doesn’t want this date to be a boring one.

 

She barely did anything to make the smaller girl smile.

 

Or so she thought.

 

Not knowing how the shorter hides her smile whenever the taller girl does something small. How their small talks sooth the future engineer’s mood. How her smirk and smile make the heart of the smaller girl lose control. How her existence itself makes the girl want to melt in it.

 

“How did you know I like games?” Eunha the melting ice cream on her hand before tilting her head towards Sojung.

 

“I don’t know.” The taller girl shrugged. A grin obviously forming on her face. “Let’s say that I did my research.” Sojung winked at the latter before fastening her pace, leaving the future engineer jog to catch up with the older girl.

 

This is one of the times Eunha hates her short legs.

 

She ends up jogging to catch up with the ones who have — who are blessed — with longer legs. The girl rolled her eyes seeing that the medical student was laughing at how ridiculous she looks in the middle of the spacious mall.

 

“What’s so funny?” Eunha asked the latter hiding the fact that she was getting annoyed by the mean Sojung. Still doing her best to keep up with the long legged girl.

 

The tall girl hummed before abruptly stopping making the girl behind bump onto her back. Wincing in pain, the shorter girl rubbed her nose to ease the pain.

 

“We’re here.” The older girl smiled turning her head to the pained Eunha.

 

Eunha moved her neck, her hand still on her reddened nose, a place filled with arcade games greeted her. Eight-bit music filled the room, blinking lights coming from every corner of the room, adults playing at the arcade games, children running running around, laughter filled the area.

 

She found herself still on her spot, her eyes slowly flickered at the sight of one of her favorite thing in the word.

 

Video games and arcade.

 

Seeing how the medical student finally managed to put a big smile on the face of the smaller girl, a proud and adoring smile couldn’t help but escape her lips.

 

She finally did something right.

 

Sojung found all noises and people around them vanish into thin air, her heart beating aloud, hearts filled her eyes, as she stared at the girl who somehow looks like a child in front of her favorite place.

 

Everything seemed to feel so right and in place for her.

 

Feeling a small and soft hand touch hers, the tall girl snapped from her world. Eunha’s hand interlaced with her wrist, a small blush crept onto Sojung.

 

“Why are you just standing there? Let’s go play.” Eunha’s voice filled with excitement as she pulls the medical student inside the arcade place.

 

Letting the smaller girl guide her, they found themselves in front of a fighting game console. Tekken 7 was written on the top front of the white machine. Without wasting any second, the future engineer sat on the stool and inserted three coins.

 

“Sojung, are you scared that I’ll beat you in a video game?” the tall girl saw a smirk on the latter’s face, her voice filled with taunt. She was trying to get provoked by the smaller girl.

 

Which of course worked like magic.

 

The thought of getting defeated in a mere game got the tall girl all riled and pumped up.

 

“Oh I doubt you’ll beat the great Sojung.” Determination to beat and show the shorter girl who’s the real queen of games between them filled her body. Adrenaline rushed her veins.

 

“That’s what I want to see.” Eunha smirked one last time before gluing her eyes at the machine in front.

 

Loud clicking sound can be heard, the medical student’s screaming caught some people’s attention and Eunha had a victory smile plastered on her face every round.

 

They’ve been playing the same game for god knows how many times Sojung went to the cashier to exchange currencies. Every round they have, the winner was always the same. Eunha. The results was rather frustrating the tall girl. Not because of how good the latter is, but because she always loses — not even a single win.

 

Feeling that her blood was slowly rising due to the countless defeats, the tall girl smashed the control panel one last time before throwing her head backwards and frustratingly groaned.

 

“Since you’ve clearly played this a million of times and I just played it today.” Sojung turned her head and gave a I’m not pissed smile at the latter who laughed at the sight.

 

Hearing the request — command — of the tall girl, Eunha removed her hands on the machine and raised them in midair to admit defeat and that she won’t complain to whatever Sojung picks next. She knows for herself that she would wins against the medical student over and over again like a broken record repeating itself.

 

“Okay, lead the way future doctor.” The shorter girl stood up from her seat, waiting for the older to go to whichever game she wants.

 

The first machine Sojung went to was a first person shooting game called Crisis 4 and well unfortunately, Eunha was left undefeated once again after playing a total of rounds. The next destination was a claw machine. The older thought that in no way would Eunha be also good at catching plushies using a rigged machine.

 

But she proven wrong.

 

Out of all the three rounds they’ve played, the short girl managed to win two plushies — missing only one. On the other hand, the taller girl did not manage to win any prize apart from having close calls then and now.

 

They game hopped game every game in the place but to only lose from the younger girl. Sojung wasn’t having any of it. She needed to at least win even just once just to remove the fact that she had consecutive defeats.

 

She needed to flick that word away from her mind.

 

Scanning the place to see if there are still unplayed machines, a sigh escaped the tall girl after realizing that they have played almost all of the games in this place. The fact that she lost in every single one of them hammered her pride.

 

Her eyes travelled the vicinity until one portion of caught her attention, making a sly smirk form on . On the left most corner of the room, beside the dancing machine, there the Arcade Hoops calling for her.

 

The glint of hope appeared shined in the dark side of the medical student. In no way Eunha can beat her in this game. Considering her height and long arms, she believed that she has a huge advantage compared to the engineering student.

 

“I finally found the game for me.” Without waiting for the smaller girl, Sojung’s feet moved on its own accord. Finding herself inserting coins at the basketball machine.

 

As the orange balls fall from the barrier at once, the tall girl grabbed them one by one and almost every shot went in. Eunha who was watching behind, knew that for sure she will lose in this single game. But who knows? There may be a miracle that will happen amidst her turn.

 

Sojung’s turn ended, having a satisfied smile when she turned to Eunha. She thought that herself did great at the playing the game and that she may have secured her one victory against the smaller girl.

 

Balls mostly hitting the metal part of the ring, some flew short, and barely having a decent accuracy, the medical student couldn’t help but throw her head back laughing at how ridiculous Eunha looks.

 

The engineering jerked her head towards the laughing Sojung and was about to send out deadly glares for making fun of her shortness until she saw the taller girl genuinely laughing.

 

The laughter lasted for almost a minute to the point that the older girl lost her breath, panting for air, and her whole face had turned red.

 

“I guess you’re not good at everything.” Sojung stated. Wiping the tears that formed on her eyes, trying to regulate her breathing into normal.

 

Instead of getting triggered — which usually happens if Eunha is with Yerin — the small girl found herself defeated. An adoring smile planted on her face as she watches the older girl.

 

 

In contrast with the loudness of the arcade, the couple are now in a bookstore. A place where Sojung didn’t want to bring her date to. Thinking that it would bore the smaller girl to death just like other people she may or may not know.

 

She just found her feet leading the way after the younger girl insisted that they next go to her favorite place of the mall.

 

“Oh come on, you’re always the one who decides where to take this date.” Eunha whined and pouted at the tall girl. Hoping that this would change the mind of the medical student.

 

“But I’m supposed to make you smile and have fun.” The tall girl reasoned earning a small slap on her shoulder.

 

“A date should be mutual, Sojung. This wouldn’t even be considered a date if you’re the only one trying.” Sighing before she can finish. “I might as well consider this as a chaperone making her child have a good time.”

 

Hearing the smaller girl made Sojung flustered. She couldn’t find the right words to answer back the younger girl. A small arrow had hit her pride hearing such statement.

 

But deep inside she knew that the future engineer was only saying that to beat the best out of her.

 

“Is that really what you think?” Earning a small hum from the younger girl, Sojung heaved a heavy sigh. “Fine. But don’t blame me if you find it or me boring.”

 

Scanning the bookshelves for a book that might interest Sojung, Eunha on the other hand hovered her head on the big shelf in front of them. The shorter girl was overwhelmed by the quantity of the books placed in such a small proximity.

 

From waist height shelves to towering shelves, Eunha couldn’t help but gape at the plain sight of cabinets filled with collections of books that varies in different genres. Having the walls painted with tortilla brown and penny brown, pendant lights hanging on the creamy white high ceiling, a few portraits of inanimate objects planted on the wall, and a vintage hollow wall clock placed on the middle top section of the right wall, and a glass window covering as a wall in the inside of the mall as one pass by the book store to have a vision of what it may look like once you step in.

 

The engineer was not and is not the type of person to love reading anything the contains too much words. She would always finds herself closing the book on her hand after reading a few paragraphs — sometimes even dozing off. Imagining herself finishing a three to five hundred paged book cringes her.

 

“So, you love books?” Eunha asked the older girl was is trying to find something amidst the vertically organized novels.

 

Sojung didn’t spare the engineering student a glimpse upon hearing the question. Too focused on the books in front of her. She raised her hand and traced the row of thick novels on the third level lf the shelf .

 

“Yes, I do.” Pulling a certain book from the shelf, turning it around to read the synopsis of the book entitled My Heart And Other Black Holes. As if reading the mind of the smaller girl, a genuine smile forming on her lips. “Books takes me to places I’ve never been to. Showing and helping me understand different kinds of perspectives in life.”

 

Opening the book on her hand, the medical lifted it near to her nose. A moan of satisfaction escaped her bare mouth upon smelling the sweet and musky pages that easily lingered through the girl’s nose.

 

The younger girl thought that this last blind date would be a mess. Chaotic. Awkward throughout the whole time she’s with Sojung. But she was wrong. Being with the older girl made her feel all the emotions and feelings she craved for with her past dates.

 

Despite of meeting the taller girl just today, she realizes that she wants to know the girl better and doesn’t want this day to end.

 

Wanting this moment to last.

 

“Say…” Eunha stopped. Uncertain of what she would say next. “Have you been in a lot of dates with girls or guys?.” The small girl felt her temperature rise up and regret instantly filled her. Asking such thing might be a bad idea.

 

Upon hearing the question, a loud thud was heard when Sojung closed the book she was reading. Now staring at the reddened engineer, her head tilting a bit. “What makes you think so?”

 

The eyes of the younger girl travelled every corner of the shop. Imaginary cold sweats formed on her forehead. “I- I mean look at you.” The girl muttered barely inaudible towards the older girl. Eunha has thousands of reasons on why she thinks the medical student had been on countless of dates. She doesn’t know if she should speak them aloud.

 

Silence took over.

 

Sojung kept mum, waiting for the shorter girl to continue her sentence. Obviously not finishing her sentence for some odd reason but the tall girl wants to hear the full of it. After all, the younger girl perks her interest.

 

Another few seconds passed before the girl who was staring on the ground raised her head. Swallowing a lump on . Taking a deep breath before dropping the bomb.

 

“Because look at you. You’re tall, you’re smart — a genius, you have a great personality, you have a perfect body proportion, and…” Eunha pursed her lips and took a glimpse at the medical student who had her right eyebrow raised. Taking another deep breath before saying the last comment. “You’re extremely gorgeous and hot.” Closing her eyes, not wanting to see how the latter would react at her confession.

 

Embarrassed was an understatement. She was ashamed by how vocal she became about the tall girl’s traits.

 

Not hearing any sound or remarks from the medical student made the future engineer’s throat dry. This is bad. Thinking that the latter was judging her — that she was some creep.

 

But she was wrong.

 

Again.

 

The sight that greeted her made her surroundings stop. Butterflies flying in her stomach, cheeks burning up, heart bursting into fireworks. Feeling like she would hyperventilate in any second.

 

Sojung’s face was a few inches far from her, their lips almost touching, the sharp nose of the older girl touching her cheek. The hot breaths that the medical student emits sent electricity surging through the body of the younger girl.

 

Eunha didn’t know where to look. Her breaths slowly getting heavier the longer they stayed in this position.

 

Seconds feels like forever.

 

The scene feels so familiar — as if they were in a romantic film.

 

“So you think I’m hot and gorgeous?” The tall girl teased the frozen girl. Despite of being too close to each other, the shorter girl saw how the latter’s eyes travelled to her lips for a brief moment.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Thump.

 

Witnessing the adorable sight of a panicking bunny, a smirk formed on Sojung’s lips before pulling away from the younger girl. She was b with confidence. No sign of embarrassment is visible on her face.

 

Finally having enough space, Eunha managed to let out the breath that she was holding amidst her close gap with the older girl. Thinking that the medical student would be the death of her.

 

“And no.” The tall girl blurts out. “You’re the first person I’ve been for a date. Specially for a blind date” Winking and lightly tapping the future engineer’s forehead using the book she is holding before heading to the cashier.

 

“This book seems interesting.” Hearing the gleeful voice of the tall girl from the distance, Eunha felt herself burning up due to an unexplainable feeling surging through her.

 

Sojung on the other hand, has a wide grin on her face that can even reach up to her ears.

 

What she said to the shorter girl isn’t a lie either and she’s more than glad that Eunbi annoyed the hell out of her to agree to take this blind date.

 

 

Realizing that it was getting late, Sojung suggested that their date should end. She doesn’t want the smaller girl to be home later and her curfew is also coming near. The tall girl can’t imagine the reprimands and scolding she would get from their dorm supervisor, Mrs. Song. Even if the medical student loves the supervisor like a mother, the woman can go overboard when someone breaks the implemented rules.

 

Not to mention when her roommate, Nayeon, received a two point deduction on her conduct.

 

The sheer thought of receiving both reprimands and deductions makes her have a goosebumps all over her body.

 

Persuading Eunha to go home was no easy task. For she wanted to spend more time with the medical student even if they take their date until midnight or even tomorrow, she doesn’t mind it at all. Even with just the thought of parting ways with the tall girl made her feel down. Grimace replacing her smile.

 

But when she heard that Sojung would take her home, the frown in her face was swept away by a grin. Earning a chuckle from the taller girl.

 

“It’s getting late Eunbi. We should go home now.” The older girl looked at the time on her wrist, having a forced smile when she looked at the small girl.

 

“But it’s only six in the evening. It’s still early for us to end this day.” Eunha scrunched her nose in disagreement, trying convince Sojung to stay even just it’s just a short while. To her dismay, the medical student sighed and didn’t budge.

 

“Eunha, you need to go back to your dorm and the same goes for me or else our dorm supervisor would deduct a few points on my conduct.”

 

Right. How can Eunha forget that the person in front of her is a very disciplined and responsible person. Unlike her who breaks almost every rule but still manage to get away with them.

 

Seeing the gloomy engineering student, Sojung rubbed her her neck. Thinking of a possible solution to remove the frown on Eunha’s face. Once she thought of something, she clicked her tongue aloud as if having such a bright idea coming across her mind.

 

“Let’s see.” The tall girl clapped before revealing her perfect trap. “You can choose if we stay here for another ten minutes or I take you home.”

 

Eunha blinked a few times before tilting her head out of curiosity. “But you don’t have a car?.”

 

Hearing the genuine question of the shorter girl, a small “ah” escaped . Suddenly thinking why she didn’t think of that.

 

“Well uhm.” The medical student cleared . Hoping that her brain would not fail her. “I can ride with you in the bus and call my friend, Nayeon, to come pick me up in front of your campus. She does owe me a lot of favors so I doubt that she’ll have the guts to decline my request.”

 

A hint of blush appeared on the tall girl’s cheek once she realized how fast she had talked and the short girl didn’t fail to notice that.

 

Eunha was somehow disappointed at how fast Sojung could collect and calm herself from such catastrophe. She, herself, can’t even control it when she feels her temperature abruptly rising.

 

Even so, the engineering student chuckled at the flustered Sojung. Flashing a warm smile after a split second.

 

“Okay, let’s go home now.”

 

Sitting beside each other, with shoulders touching, the two could not help but somewhat feel awkward.

 

They haven’t uttered any word after taking their seat on the almost empty bus. Sojung allowed Eunha to be the one picking their seat. Having two options; either sit at the empty rear seat of the bus or sit at the two person seat. The smaller girl’s eyes quickly landed on the solo seat but immediately brushed off that option.

 

Thus, they wouldn’t be able to communicate properly if they’re sitting separately and the future engineer also has her own reason which Sojung should never know.

 

She wanted to be near the older girl.

 

Despite of achieving what she had wanted, the thought of them sitting by each other being awkward didn’t come across her small mind — or so she calls it that.

 

Awkward silence filled the atmosphere as the bus pass by the brightly lit up skyscrapers, some cars overtaking the public transport from time to time, stop lights changing its color as its timer goes off for the next go or stop signal. The night sky was filled with darkness and cotton like clouds hovered at the glowing silver disc moon.

 

Nothing out of ordinary.

 

“How do you manage to be one of the top students of your batch for so long?” Eunha softly asked. Breaking the ice towering over them. “I mean I barely can score straight A’s in our subjects.”

 

Hearing the sudden question, the medical student turned her head to the smaller girl. Observing every inch of the latter’s face before shrugging and switching haze ahead.

 

“To be honest?” Sojung hummed. “I don’t know. Maybe the fact that I looked up to my father since I was a child and the thought of wearing a white robe, running on the hallways of the hospital to cure a patient in need. Providing care to those in pain and giving them hope is what kept and keeps me going to do well for my studies. And I think if I fail this, I’m not only failing myself but also the sick who needs health care.”

 

The older girl’s lips curled up at the mere thought of becoming and reaching her dream as a doctor. It was something she often calls a love at first sight. At first, her reason may sound ridiculous — wanting to only reenact the doctors she watches on medical dramas and nothing more. But when she saw how her father puts a smile on the faces of his patients, her reason grew. She started seeing the reason why doctors become doctors.

 

To help the one in need.

 

To be the light that shows people that there is hope.

 

“So I guess your father is a doctor?” Eunha asked in which Sojung slowly nodded her head. “Yeah. A cardiologist to be exact.”

 

“How about you? Any particular reason why you picked engineering as your future profession?”

 

Eunha froze for a moment upon the question of the latter because compared to Sojung who has everything figured out, she’s somehow contradicts the tall girl. She knows the reason why she went to the path of engineering but no one inspired her to be one —  unlike Sojung who had her father.

 

“I don’t know. Really.” The engineering student pursed her lips and looked at the skyscrapers they were passing by. “Being doctor was one of my option but I have my reason for not pursuing that field. And for engineering… I guess it was a calling? Something unknown just lured me to it. A charm that I can’t bring myself to figure out no matter how hard I try.”

 

A sudden worry aded her face. Repeatedly breathing in and out to fight the anxiety that never fails to take over whenever she thinks about the future — her future. The small girl have no idea why she managed to open up such thing to someone she just met today but can’t even do it when it’s her roommate she’s talking to.

 

Noticing how the younger girl was getting tensed up, Sojung slightly nudged the girl sideward — repeatedly until she gets the attention of the future engineer.

 

“I’m sure you’ll be fine. You don’t need to have straight A’s to become successful. In fact, there are countless of entrepreneurs who didn’t finish college nor get their bachelor degrees. Take Steve Jobs and Bill Gates for example. Both of them dropped out of college but they still managed to climb the ladder of success. All you need is determination and perseverance. If you fall, don’t be afraid to stand up and try again.” The tall girl took the younger girl’s hand and squeezed it. Reassuring her that everything would be fine.

 

Just like magic, Sojung’s words swept all the worries that were enveloping Eunha. There is really something in the medical student that makes the smaller girl feel lighthearted. She couldn’t decipher what exactly it is but she knew — she knew that Sojung is a special one.

 

One in a million.

 

“This conversation is getting serious huh?” The tall girl sniffed and adorably scrunched her nose towards the younger girl who pushed her face away.

 

“At least the view is nice.”

 

Finding a path to tease the shorter girl, a playful grin appeared on the medical student. “Which view? Me or the outside?

 

Smooth.

 

Rather than getting flustered, Eunha flashed a disgusting look. Making Sojung burst in laughter. “I’m kidding. I’m just trying to lighten up the mood.”

 

There goes her famous wink.

 

“Narcissist as ever, I see.”

 

“Excuse me? You’ve never seen anything yet.”

 

Another wink.

 

“You really should have your eyes checked up. It keeps winking and it’s not even amusing anymore.”

 

Time went by with the two bickering, with some of the passengers turning their head to glare at the loud duo. They didn’t mind the stares and snickers coming from the people who are riding with them on the same bus to the point someone had to scold them that they were being loud --- causing the two to hold their laughs.

 

 

With Eunha’s dorm slowly approaching, the atmosphere between the two became odd. A heavy sigh leaving Sojung’s mouth and a pout forming on Eunha’s.

 

“You know, you’re not exactly as what I envisioned to be, Sojung.” The shorter girl confesses, her gaze staring at the dark endless night sky. Feeling the cool breeze of the night air brush on her skin.

 

The medical student found herself enchanted and enraptured by the beauty of the younger girl under the moon light. Feeling her heart skip a beat in every second. Not finding the right words to say nor even understanding what this unfamiliar feeling is.

 

Everything feels so bizarre for the taller girl.

 

“Maybe my friends were playing with me when they described what kind of person you are.” Eunha slightly turned her body to Sojung and genuinely smiled, making the dazed girl snap out of her thought and turn all shades of red.

 

She was thankful that it was dark on the street or else the shorter girl would have seen how red she is.

 

Sojung closed her eyes, shaking her head, to gather her lost pieces of mind. “Really? Did your friends or specifically Eunbi say anything bad about me?”

 

Eunha’s eyes wandered before humming in response. The latter’s eyes grew wide at the honest reply of the girl -- not even covering her friends’ doings.

 

“Fascinate me in this short distance we have left.”

 

Both of them looked at the once flickering lights from afar turn visible. The familiar modern styled building slowly growing as their feet take steps forward.

 

Saying that Eunha didn’t feel disappointed would be a lie. Depite of being the kind to get excited to know that she finally would be able to feel her precious soft mattress, this day is an exception. She just couldn’t help to find herself to clap and squeal out of glee. Frown forming on her face at the disapproval of setting foot in front of the building door.

 

“Hey.” The taller girl pushed the future engineer sideward -- almost tripping at the abrupt action. But well, the medical student was fast enough to grab her wrist and stop Eunha from falling on concrete ground and softly apologizing to the girl who glared at her.

 

As if forgetting the fact that her dorm was only a few distance more, the younger girl fastened her pace, annoyed and maybe sulking at the latter who seemed to be perfectly fine.

 

Unlike her who is dismayed at the thought of parting ways.

 

The older girl knitted her eyebrows and scratched her head, worried that she might have upset the shorter girl by her recklessness.

 

“Hey, wait for me.” Shouting at the girl who has her back facing her.

 

Eunha didn’t listen at the taller girl who was telling to wait for her. She walked and walked until she found herself in front of the dorm. The binding light coming from the lounge welcomed her, a few students sitting on the sofas playing with their phone or chatting with their friends, maintenance mopping the floor, the information was empty.

 

A low grunt escaped at the regret for being letting her pride take over. If only she waited her the medical student, then they probably were still walking side by side chatting and enjoying each other’s company.

 

Stupid Eunbi. Stupid. Stupid. Just so stupid Eunha.

 

“I guess we’ve already arrived.” Sojung who caught up to  the engineering student muttered -- low enough that, she, only can hear.

 

Disappointment swam over the tall girl’s composure. Heart beating not because of satisfaction, but anxiety.

 

Sojung wished that she could turn back time and stop herself from teasing the younger girl.

 

Maybe if she hadn’t done that, the smaller girl would not have fastened her pace just to get away from her.

 

“I’m sorry, Sojung.” Hearing the sudden apology from the shorter girl took Sojung aback. Shouldn’t I be the one apologizing? She was about to open but soon halted when she noticed that the future engineer still has something to say. “I’m sorry for suddenly walking fast. And believe me, I enjoyed my time with you. The whole day was something I haven’t experienced with others and you’re the first one -- out of all the blind dates that my roommate had set me up -- that I spent the whole day with and didn’t bored at all. So thank you for such a fantastic day that I’ll cherish.”

 

Sojung’s worries was replaced by joy upon the statement of the smaller girl. Her heart leaping in glee, fireworks popping in her stomach. A smile reaching her ears covered her face -- as if a child getting praised by her favorite person.

 

Seeing the ridiculous yet adorable expression of the taller girl, which Eunha had not seen the entire day caused her to chuckle.

 

Cute.

 

Every single word she uttered was genuine. Eunha can’t explain how this day was so perfect. How Sojung made her heart skip a beat. How she felt countless of emotions she haven’t felt just because of a single girl she just met. How happy the older girl made her.

 

Everything is perfect.

 

Everything about Sojung is perfect.

 

“Same goes for me. And I’m glad that you enjoyed our date.” The tall girl clapped her hand but soon sighed. As if having a mood swing, her smile quickly faded into a grimace. “And I guess this is it?”

 

Only a small nod and a disappointed face was showed by the younger girl.

 

“You should go up to your room and sleep. I think you have classes tomorrow.”

 

“Right.” Eunha mumbled before turning towards the direction of the glass door.

 

Seeing that the the engineering student is about to enter the building, the tall girl thinned her lips and started walking the opposite side. Taking heavy steps after the departure, Sojung could not help but let out an exasperated sigh. The medical student felt something was missing and could not remember what she forgot -- if it’s not object or something more.

 

Soon enough,  familiar sweet voice called out her name. Making her feet stop and turned around to face her date who was now lightly jogging towards her.

 

“Did you forget something?” The tall girl asked trying to mask her smile with a confused one.

 

“Yes.” Eunha stared on the ground and kicked the small piece of rock on the ground. Somehow acting coy in front of the medical student.

 

“What is-” Sojung was stopped mid-sentence by a soft plump lips land on her right cheek. The time froze the moment Eunha tiptoed to plant a soft kiss on the older girl’s cheek -- all the noise in the background disappeared, leaving only the two to be trapped in their own little world.

 

Before the older girl could react, the younger girl ran away covering of a split second.

 

Leaving the frozen Sojung in place.

 

The corners of the tall girl’s lips curled up, her eyes turning into a crescent moon. Internally screaming before jumping while fist bumping the air.

 

 

“How’s the date, little one?” Yerin who is sitting on the living room, watching television shows, teasingly asked her newly arrived roommate.

 

The brunette was ready to interrogate Eunha but to her surprise, the girl did not even spare her a quick glance.  The short girl merely passed by in a hurry without even answering the older girl’s question.

 

Yerin was left shocked at the quick happening and staring at the door of the shorter girl -- which made a loud thud sound due to how she slammed it after passing by.

 

“Huh.”  The brunette titled her head and hissed. “Weird.”

 

 

Eunha found herself locked inside her room. Her palms covering her lower face due to embarrassment. She didn’t think being bold was even in her until this night.

 

Her heart is evidently beating like crazy, joy and excitement filled her existence, butterflies and fireworks mixing inside her.

 

Breathing in and out for a few times before throwing herself on her bed, she found herself acting crazy all of a sudden. From her upper body to her feet wiggling and dancing as if there’s no tomorrow.

 

Amidst her victory dance -- as she often calls it -- a ting came from her phone. As she reached for it, an unknown number popped on her screen.

 

“It’s me Sojung, thank you for today. I genuinely had fun. And if you’re wondering how I got your number… Eunbi gave it to me. Have a good night sleep, Eunha :)”

 

Eunha stared and smiled at the screen, repeatedly reading the message received from the medical student. It wasn’t long until a new notification appeared on the screen.

 

“Oh, and do tell me when is your next free schedule. I’ll try to my best to see you again on that that… only if you want that is >:”

 

Recollecting every single thing that had happened today, the engineering student thought that this day would never come in her life. She also definitely did not expect that someone as perfect as Sojung would even enjoy her company or even want to meet again. Everything was undeniably perfect.

 

Maybe Yerin, being naggy and persistent, was a good thing at some point.

 

After all, if the brunette didn’t ask the shorter girl again and again, she wouldn’t meet Sojung.

 

The sheer thought of not meeting the medical student horrified the young girl.

 

She now can’t imagine a life without the one and only Kim Sojung.

 

Even if you disagree with Eunha since she has only met the girl, the short girl would have to beg to disagree with your opinion. She might even fight you for having a different perspective.

 

She also definitely needs to thank Yerin and Eunbi for this. For she wouldn’t experience such an eventful day if not for them.

 

This day is definitely something unreal for the engineering student.

 

 

Author’s Note: Hi again. I really did my best to keep it short but still ended up to be this long… I hope you all like this one shot! Also, feedback such as comments (and even upvotes) are highly appreciated cos they’re one of the reasons why I right. Knowing that people likes what I do keeps me on doing this. :) Thank you again for reading!

                        ---- Again, pardon me if there are any typos or grammatical errors. I don’t usually proofread what I write…

[[I made Eunha twenty one in this story since she's in third year college student here.]]