What happened to us?

Hopeless

I was in the bathroom finishing up my make-up since I had a date tonight. My boyfriend and I had planned this about a week ago, we agreed we had been too pre-occupied by work and not spending enough time together. If we weren't working we were usually just lazing around at home, gaming or sometimes he would go out with friends or invite his friends over. So yes even though we lived together we still didn't give each other a proper amount of attention. As I was applying the last up my make-up my phone starts ringing, it was him.

"Hey babe! I'm almost ready, when will you be here?"

"What? Oh..I was just calling to let you know I'm watching a game tonight with my friends,"

"Um...no, we have a date tonight,"

"Oh ...I forgot! Sorry babe I promised them last night tha-"

"you promised me a week ago! just cancel and tell them we have a date tonight..."

"babe it would rude to break a promise on friends like that"

I grew furious, this wasn't his first time doing this "Jaebum...are you ing with me right now? It's okay to break promises with me but not your friends? You always do this ,"

"Babe chill it's-"

"No no no, don't tell me to chill, whatever do what you want...you know what don't even come home tonight."

I hung up the phone and smacked my make up off the counter before walking out to the living room, pacing back and forth to calm myself. He's been doing this a lot lately, he always cancels last minute with some dumb excuse. Bros before hoes right? "Ugh!" I yelled in frustration.

I sat down on my computer and opened up my discord application, clicking on the server my online friends and I made game together and talk.

 

AliceTheBunny69: ugh I'm so pissed off right now!!!

wildny328: Wassup??

Alicethebunny69: my boyfriend canceled on our date again, he keeps doing this, this time the "boys" wanted to watch a game together and god forbid if you cancel plans on your bros, right?

randodude100: hate to be that guy but are you he's seeing "the boys"?

someguy2: ....yeah I agree with rando that's kind of suspicious

wildny328: ....

alicethebunny69: tbh...I've been a bit suspicious but I'm scared to find out...

wildny328: does he let you see his phone? maybe you can pretend to be playing on his phone or smth and check if there's anything?

gamergirl22: my ex bf hated when I touched his phone, i mean i respect privacy but the way he acted when i touched his phone got me suspicious of him,I later found out he had been cheating on me with my best friend.

alicethebunny69: ugh he used to leave his phone laying around and never had a pw on it, but idk he suddenly put a lock code on it and won't tell me what it is...he only let's me play with his phone if he's next to me

randodude100: yup he's most likely cheating...

wildny328: oooh are we about to do some secret agent and invetigate??? Agent Jackson here to save the day!

alicethebunny69: Jackson....I think you're right, I'm going to see whats up, I'll talk to you guys later!

I logged up and grabbed my phone. I decided to call one of Jaebum's friends who was close to the both of us. He picked up pretty quickly when I called "Noona! What's up?"

"Hey Youngjae, so don't tell Jaebum I called okay? But I wanted to know, is there anything going on tonight?"

"No not really...what's wrong?"

"none of the guys are getting together for some game or whatever?"

"not that I know of- I don't think there's any games going on that we care about tonight, besides most of them have work tonight,"

I pursed my lips and sighed "okay so, I don't want Jaebum knowing I called you or anything, okay? But can you see if the guys are up to anything and get back to me?"

"um, sure I'll text you, is there something going on?"

"I hope not, I hope I'm just overthinking...anyway I'm hanging up, thank you," I hung up the phone and bit down on my lip nervously. I felt my stomach twist as I thought about whether he was cheating or not. I walked over to my fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. I twisted the cap off and began gulping it down. I soon got a text from Youngjae.

"They're all either busy, or at home with their parents...Except Yugyeom, he said he's out to party at the club or something"

Why did he lie? I took a deep breath and sent him "thank you" 

Maybe he's out with Yugyeom? I thought. If he wanted to go clubbing he knows he I don't mind, hell we could have gone together even, so why would he cancel on me? I groaned in frustation and started pacing again, my heart was racing.

"Wait...I know which clubs they usually go to...maybe I can find out if I go," I called a taxi and put my shoes on before heading outside. When the taxi arrived I got in and told him to drop me off in Gangnam. The road took about half an hour to get to since we lived a bit far away from Gangnam. I paid the taxi when we arrived and I got out the first place I went to was a club Yugyeom frequented. I got in and began looking around for either Yugyeom or Jaebum. It took a while of me moving around through everyone until I spotted them.

 

I went home that night regretting that I had gone to find him at all. As soon as I got home the first thing I did was get into bed under my blanket, hugging my teddy bear. The images of him all flashed through my head as I began to tear up. 

There was, dancing, not with Yugyeom, not by himself. He was dancing with a girl, grinding her up, feeling her up. She turned to face him and they started making out as he squeezed her stupid little non-existant . Rage grew within me but I just stood there. I watched it go on for a while before I rushed out of the club and took a taxi home, the whole ride I was angry. I felt betrayed. 

But that feeling of anger soon turned to loneliness. I started questioning everything, mostly myself.

Where did I go wrong? Am I not attractive anymore? Does he hate me? Am I too boring? Just why? Why does he feel like he needs to go and see other girls? We even talked about marriage on time, was that all just talk? What happened to us?

I remember when were pratically inseperable. He asked me out in our senior of high school and people would always tease us about how we were always together. Like that one time...

We were sitting outside on one of the schools benches during lunch, I was feeding Jaebum and he fed me. He then pulled me into his lap and placed a fruit between his teeth. I knew what he was waiting for. I chuckled and leaned in taking a bit from the strawberry before we kissed softly. "gross, get a room" one of our friends, Mark, interupted us and we laughed. I chewed and swallowed the straberry "this could be you but you're to dense to notice that your crush is head over heals for you, just ask her out already!" I chuckled before kissing Jaebum again "wait-...what?! She likes me?! Hey guys... guys! Stop kissing and listen to me, you're not lying right?" I tried to break the kiss to reply but Jaebum didn't let me pull aways, he gestured for Mark to go away already.

I really missed that. What happened since then?

At this point I started sobbing heavily into my bear, tears pouring out of my face as I screamed into my bear. What do I do now? I love him too much I don't want to break up.

So many thoughts went through my head before I finally fell asleep.

 

"Hey, babe, wake up," I woke up a bit when I heard his voice as he pulled the blanket off ofme "jesus...were you crying?" I opened my eyes and saw Jaebum grabbing a tissue, trying to wipe my make up off. I the back, facing my back towards him and he let out a sigh. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make you cry, I want to make it up to you today, so please get up I want to take you somewhere, so go wash your face I'll be waiting in the living room,"

I was trying to be stubborn and not listen to him. I stayed about ten minutes thinking about it. "So what if he cheated? I'll just work harder and maybe we can fix things...people fall into temptations sometimes right? I'll let him tell me about it once he feels he's ready, for now let's pretend nothing happened." I told myself. I know I was only fooling myself but I had so much hope that it could work out, I love him. 

I got off the bed and wiped off my makeup and decided to just apply some eyeliner and lipgloss, I stayed in the clothes I had worn last night and just fixed myself up before heading to the living room. He got up and smiled at me pulling me in for a hug before pressing his lips against mine. He then rested his forhead against mine and closed his eyes "I'm sorry I keep making you cry, I don't blame you if you hate me, but for now let's just go out on a date, yeah? We can talk things out..."

I nodded "okay..."