Fourteen

VIII
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't bad, was it?


How long has it been? Chaeyeon can't even count how many days passed by with her girlfriend avoiding her and not bothering to reply to her messages. She tried to reach for her but all she gets was a cold shoulder. 


"Did I do something wrong that night?" She asked to herself while staring at the ceiling of their living room. 


Chaeyeon wrinkled her forehead as she tried to recall the day where she and Sakura went out for their quality time.


She frustratingly sighed as she looked at the phone waiting for her girlfriend to replied back, but she had nothing, so Chaeyeon let her body fall on the sofa dejectedly. 

 

"What's with the face? It's too early seeing your sour face, Chaeyeon." 

 

Chaeyeon didn't bother to raise her head up to see her older cousin who's owning a condo that she is staying in, she is just there busy gazing at her phone waiting for a reply. 


"I'm guessing, Sakura still not replying to you?" Eunbi stated while she let herself carried by the delicious aroma of her newly brewed coffee. 


"Tsk. Why are you still here?  you're in Japan today." The only reply that Chaeyeon managed to say as she throws her phone to the sofa and decides to get herself a cup of coffee. 


"Oh, so I'm correct. What's wrong with the two of you? Your fight is still on since Sunday. And we'll, my flight will be an hour later, I've finished packing and airport are just near our place so yeah..." Eunbi muttered while checking her phone after she received another mail from her boss. 


"Yeah, it's almost five days. I'm not even sure why she's mad. We were even good that day but she suddenly gets silent while I am walking her home and after that, she isn't answering back to my calls and messages." Chaeyeon nodded her head and go back to the topic. 


"Maybe you forgot something important?" Her older cousin asked and she looked at Eunbi with those questioning eyes. 


"What?" She asked with her creasing forehead.


"How would I know? Duh." Eunbi sneered at her, which just only crush Chaeyeon's hope for knowing the reason of her girlfriend's sudden behavior. 


"That makes sense, you don't have a girlfriend, so how you would know?" Chaeyeon smirked but that faded away quickly when Eunbi throws the spoon to her way and hit her forehead. 


"Awww! What was that for?! I was just telling the truth!" She pouted but only received a glare from her cousin. 


"No, you're blunt." Eunbi snorted at her. "Maybe, that's why Sakura is ignoring you. Maybe, you said something too blunt that it came different to her." 


Chaeyeon then widens her eyes after what her cousin said. But, she quickly slumped her should in defeat after some quick thinking. 


"Nah, unnie. Sakura knows me so well. She knows by my nature that I am a blunt and straight forward person." She stated and Eunbi nodded her head while thinking of another reason. 


Both are just lost thinking of some reasons but Eunbi scoffed because of how the hell she would know about it. She isn't with them last Friday.  
 

"Aish, just go there to her. Speak and interrogate why she is ignoring you. You can do that because you are some kind of straight forward person." Eunbi stated and stands up while making her way to the kitchen as Chaeyeon is following her. 


"Ehhhhh, unnie! I can't just go to her like that." She said and the frustration is noticeable in her voice.


"Why not? She is your girlfriend after all. Duh, the two of you should communicate and talk it out together. Giving cold shoulders and ignoring each other won't solve it." Eunbi said while washing her cup. 


She stopped and looked at Chaeyeon when the younger didn't reply back. She rolled her eyes when Chaeyeon is smirking at her. 


"Where did you get that, Kwon Eunbi huh? You don't even have a girlfriend." She teased while poking her side. 


"Ya! What do you take me for? I had exes so I know some things about it. You're making me look that I don't have past lovers since birth." Eunbi scoffed and smacked Chaeyeon's head to make her stop. 


"Oh yeah. I forgot about that."


"You know what? Just go to Sakura and talk to her. Stop annoying me." 


"I'm not. It's just true that you don't have a girlfriend—awwww! Unnie!" Chaeyeon hissed and didn't finish her words when Eunbi threw her slipper to her cousin and hit her forehead again. 


"Ya! Lee Chaeyeon, if you don't stop I'm gonna kick you out from my condo." 


"You can't~" Chaeyeon teased. 


"Yeah, I can't. I'll just tell Sakura to ditch you today and spend her Valentine's day with someone else." Eunbi uttered and Chaeyeon stopped on her tracks after she heard something.


Eunbi put forward her brow when Chaeyeon started to run towards the living room and stumbles on her phone, with broadening eyes her cousin looked at her while referring to her phone. 


"Oh yeah? It's February 14 right now. So? If you're gonna say that I will be alone and don't have someone to spend it with me. Shut the hell up—"


"I think I know why she is dismissing me," Chaeyeon said not pausing for her to finish her words.


"What? Don't tell me you forgot that it's Valentines' Day?"


Chaeyeon smiled sheepishly and scratched her forehead.


"Well, sort of? But she asked me if have plans on Friday which is today and I said yes, she smiled widely at me, without me knowing that it's Valentine's. But then I said, "I will attend my friend's party that day with some of her friends...", that's when she began being quiet...." Chaeyeon said and Eunbi could only stop herself from smacking her idiot cousin again. 


"I'm glad you aren't my sister because I can't have a nincompoop sister like that." Eunbi scoffed but Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at her. 


"Welp! I'm gonna prepare to see her. How about you? Don't you have a date?" Chaeyeon asked and Eunbi's eyes suddenly full of rage by that question.


"Are you mocking me? I don't even have a partner—"


"I'm still not finished, don't you have a date with yourself?" Chaeyeon giggles and quickly dodge the incoming slipper to her way. 


"Shut up! I'm gonna find a date in Japan today! Watch me go back here and have someone with me." Eunbi rolled her eyes, but Chaeyeon laughs at her words because both of them are sure that it's impossible because of Eunbi being an automatic reject machine when someone has the plan on asking her out. 


"We know that won't happen. You quickly reject them faster than how you blink your eyes." Chaeyeon chuckles and Eunbi could only agree when she remembers one of her suitors. 


"Yeah, not my fault that they're quickly giving up after my several rejections." Eunbi shrugs.


"Can't wait to see you meet someone who will make you ran out of your patience and probably meet your match. Someone who will not let you go away and will annoy you to death." Chaeyeon chuckles. "Anyways, good luck with your meeting with father's client. You'll do well, so your promotion is clear." Her cousin added. "Dad loves me but he doesn't want me to handle the company and trust you the most. I'm here daughter but whyyyyy~~~" 


Eunbi rolled her eyes at Chaeyeon who started being dramatic again, it's not that she is being serious about it.


"Yeah, go handle the company. Will you do it for me?" Eunbi asked and Chaeyeon quickly stands up straight and scowled at her. 


"I'm just kidding! I don't like handling business! I'm fine with my veterinarian clinic. Take care to Japan for five days! I'm praying to heaven that something spectacular happens to you there!" 


"Yeah yeah." Eunbi chuckled and shook her head after Chaeyeon started sulking in her room, probably she is thinking that her father might talk to her again to deal with their company. But as hard as the stone is Chaeyeon's head because she hates it, she only wants her vet clinic, it's her life and adds that she met Sakura there. So, it's impossible for her to take the company and handle it.  


Eunbi only chuckled at her sulking cousin and just decided to enter her room to prepare for her flight today. 


 

— 

 

Chaeyeon beamed widely while looking at her bouquet of sunflowers on her hand and a cup of macchiato on her other hand. Making her way to the teacher's faculty with a soft smile. 


She roamed her eyes around the room, creasing her forehead as she tried to find her girl, once she found Sakura sitting on the left corner her face lits up.


She sneakily made her way to Sakura who is busy typing on her laptop, not even noticing that Chaeyeon seated on the chair across her. Waiting her time for her girlfriend to notice her presence but Chaeyeon cleared after minutes of waiting. 


Sakura then lifted her head and raised her brow at Chaeyeon. 


"Hi, baby!" Chaeyeon greeted and flashed a wide smile at the Japanese girl but Sakura just stared at her. 


"What are you doing here?" Sakura asked and looked back at her laptop again. 


"Don't I get a hello from you or even a kiss?" Chaeyeon pouted and revealed her puppy eyes but Sakura dismissed her and just concentrated on her laptop.

 

"Babyyyyyyyy~~~" Chaeyeon whined but Sakura didn't bother to talk to her. 


Leaving Chaeyeon pouting while her eyes are just trailed and observing Sakura. 


On the other hand, Sakura is just trying to ignore her girl and focus on her things. But, being her, she knows she won't be able to last long and she can't resist that Chaeyeon's pout and puppy eyes. 


"Baby..." Chaeyeon called and Sakura looked at her girlfriend, and she tried to stop herself from pinching those cute cheeks. She is trying. 


"What?" She pretended to be cold. 


"I brought your coffee, at least try to walk and talk to me. Hmmm?" Chaeyeon asked with her lip tight smile.


The short-haired girl blushed from the sudden movement when Chaeyeon caresses her hand softly and looked at her fondly. 


"Sakura, talk to her already. Aigoo."


Chaeyeon looked at Sakura's co-teacher and showed her a thumbs up and grinned at her. 


"Thanks, ma'am Minjoo!" Chaeyeon winks and looked back at Sakura who is already raising her brow to her. 


"I still have a class to teach. It's just 10 am." Sakura stated and started to collect her things. 


Chaeyeon then stopped Sakura from standing up. "At least get the flower I give to you." she pouted and Sakura didn't hesitate to finally get Chaeyeon's sunflower. 


"Still sunflower huh? Since our first day, you never gave me other flowers except for that." Sakura stated as they made their way to the hallway to walk towards Sakura's next assign room. 


Chaeyeon then quickly get Sakura's things from her arms and carried it for her. Not forgetting to give the coffee to her girl. 


"You already know why right? Sunflower is known for being happy flowers, that made me reminds of you. You're my happy pill." Chaeyeon confessed once again and it brought the fuzzy feelings towards Sakura, as shown to the sudden redness on her cheeks upon hearing it from the younger.


The fact that she still feels those warm and fluttering feelings around Chaeyeon, it still feels like they are a foreign couple even if they are in two years relationship. 


Chaeyeon grinned after seeing the effect of her words and action, she salutes to herself and sneakily held Sakura's hand as they walk on the hallway of the school. 


"Baby..." Chaeyeon called and Sakura looked at her. 


"Yeah?" 


"Can I sit, in your class?" 


"Why?"


"I just wanna watch you teaching kids."


"But you have a party to attend."


"Nah, you're more important than the party. I rather watch you all day than go there."


"Such a bluffer. Come on, just don't be talkative to the kids or else they won't listen to me." 


Chaeyeon beamed widely after getting Sakura's approval. She quickly gives a peck to her girlfriend which just made Sakura blush again. 


"Of course! I'll behave and watch you in silence." Chaeyeon flashed her wide smile that also put a smile on Sakura. 


"Tsk, I bet you'll sleep after half of the hour inside my class," Sakura mumbled which go unheard from the other girl. 

 

And Sakura isn't wrong because, after thirty minutes of her lesson with the kids, Chaeyeon at the back of the classroom has her head down on the table and was snoozing peacefully as if she is in her house. 


Sakura could only shake her head while she proceeds with her lecture but when a chance is given, she's sneaking glances from her girlfriend and just end up smiling. 

 

"Jjaeyeon..." She called as she places a chair beside Chaeyeon after all of her students left the room. Leaving the couple alone inside the room.


Sakura caresses the younger's head as she fixes the strands of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter