FINAL

Worth It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunha just moved across town due to her mom's job and she has to be here in Seoul whether she likes it or not. She's never good with changes and a new environment scares her so much. Eunha sighs heavily as she takes off her headphones, observing the school and the people that enter the gate. She walks slowly trying to find her class and when she arrives, the seat is already been served for her. During the first break, she wonders in the cafeteria alone with her food on the tray, looking right and left trying to find a seat. She hates this, feeling like a stranger in a new place and it means she has to start introducing herself again and again. She is so sick of this . Almost losing her appetite, her eyes trying to find the trash bin. She's not that hungry anyway. On the way there, the kind Hwang Eunbi asks her to join her and friends. Eunha is a little surprised, at least someone is noticing that she's needed a place to sit, unlike the others. She approaches the table by walking slowly and at the same time she analyzes everyone in the table. Jesus, so many people. Eunha hates sitting in a table where there are more than 3 people and not mentioning strangers. She doesn't like it when all eyes are on her as she sits beside Eunbi.

"You're a new student, aren't you?" asks SinB.

Eunha nods. "I'm Jung Eunha from class 10-2."

"I'm Hwang Eunbi, you can call me SinB," says SinB. She points at Sojung this time. "This princess is Kim Sojung and her girlfriend next to her, Choi Yuju."

Sojung and Yuju smile at Eunha which Eunha replies and nods back at them. This is torture. How awkward.

"Hi, I'm Jung Yerin. I sit behind you but you probably didn't notice me," says Yerin happily. 

This one. This girl probably going to her energy out, since they are in the same class. God. "Ah really?" says Eunha.

Yuju takes a mouthful spoon of her rice. "Guys, I'm gonna run to my musical practice and skipping mathematics class."

"Dude, that's not fair," states SinB.

"It is fair. You should join an extracurricular that allows you to skip class when something is going on," says Yuju and she stuck out her tongue.

Yuju places a kiss on Sojung's left cheek "And you Kim Sojung, I'll see you after school."

"Right. Have a nice one," answers Kim Sojung.

Yuju takes the final sip of her water and she continues, "Nice seeing you Eunha."

"Wait!" calls Eunha. "Did you say musical?" asks Eunha with this light shines out of her eyes. One thing that Eunha likes in this world is singing.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Can I come with you then?"

"Eunha, we have an English class after the break. You're a new student. You can't skip class." says Yerin.

"I can vouch for her if Mrs. Yoo making noise over it," explains Yuju. Finally, a new member of the group who likes singing.

Eunha eats faster than usual just to follow Yuju to musical practices. At least, something to enjoy in this school. Eunha gathers her stuff right after she put everything in . "Thanks for letting me sitting here, SinB. I'll see you guys tomorrow," says Eunha as she runs following Yuju behind.

Sojung's eyes are fixed at her girlfriend and Eunbi's back until she vanishes from her eyes. "Ya Hwang Eunbi, that's odd of you. Why are you being so nice towards the new student?" asks Sojung curiously.

"I can't be nice for once?"

"I'm just curious, that's all," replies Sojung and she continues eating her fries.

Yerin takes a few of Sojung's fries and she adds up, "Sojung is right, that's odd. What's up with you?"

"Jesus get off my back!" answers SinB as she looks at her best friends' faces whose exactly doesn't care about SinB being annoyed by them. "Alright, she is cute as hell. I'm not saying I'll ask her out, I just like pretty people."

Sojung and Yerin burst into a peal of laughter. How ridiculous SinB is. The trio gets back to their classes right after that.

That day changes Eunha's life, for the first time she does not feel like on the first day of school. She finds good friends especially Yuju, she gets a spot in the musical club and a massive crush on Kim Sojung that she knows she shouldn't have. For starter, Sojung is Yuju's girlfriend but she knows she won't feel it long, she's not someone who wants a relationship anyway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 years pass by just like that and here they are in their senior year, the final journey before they're going off to college. The girls are just a week away from their prom night which they are so excited about except for Eunha.

"Bunny, who's your date for the prom?" asks SinB as she comes out from the bathroom.

"No one. I'm not going," answers Eunha with her eyes still on the magazine she's flipping.

SinB is awe at the answer. "This thing happened once in your lifetime and you're not going?"

"Who's your date then?"

"Moonbin, the dude from 12-7."

Eunha drives her attention to SinB now and she throws her magazine, "No way. How did it happen? He's the most popular guy in the school."

"Dude, I'm not a loser either."

Eunha chuckles at the remark. SinB never acknowledges herself for being part of the loser gang. "You and Yerin are in boardgame club and two of your best friends are in the musical club and the only cool person in this gang is Kim Sojung."

SinB rolls her eyes at her best friend. Did Eunha just insult her? "Just because she's in a drama club, doesn't mean she's cool."

Out of sudden, Yerin comes barging into the room with a box of pizza and big bottles of coke. Who doesn't love Pizza?

SinB grabs the pizza box and places in on the floor where they seat in the circle and she asks, "God, I'm starving. What took you so long?" 

"You guys are literal s. I was walking 5 blocks to get this and no one even says thank you."

Eunha laughs, "Thank You, Yerin." says Eunha as she put the first slice into . "Hamburger is thousand times better," adds Eunha which getting SinB to roll her eyes.

Eunha takes a sip of her coke and she asks "Ahhhh where is Sojung? Isn't she supposed to be here?"

"They're going to Yangpyeong for a little vacation before the prom," explains Yerin. "Oh Eunha, who's your date to the prom?"

"I said I'm not going and that's final."

"Seriously?" shocks Yerin asks.

Eunha swears she is getting tired of these questions about her date to prom since it was announced last month. Sure, there are people asked her multiple times but she rejects them on the spot. 

"Yeah. You guys go ahead."

"We're going to take a picture and cherish them forever!" exclaim Yerin.

SinB joins the conversation again as she finishes eating her slice, she swallows the coke down to and she says, "Eunha, why don't you just ask Sana to go with you?"

Yerin nods in the effort. "Isn't she like into you or something?"

Eunha gets interested in Yerin's question. She was busy thinking about herself that she didn't get the time to think about it. It might be the reason why Sana has been clingy lately. Eunha looks at Yerin, "I'm gonna stop whatever we had. It is not healthy."

SinB pulls Eunha's hair with a death look on her face, "Can you please stop playing with girls' hearts?"

Eunha winces in pain, "Whatever." says Eunha while she checks her phone again. "I gotta run. My mom needs me."

"Hey, bunny!" calls Yerin. "We want you to be here tomorrow 5 hours before prom. You got to help us prepare."

Eunha rolls her eyes while she gathers her stuff. She looks at two of her best friends and she shrugs at them. "Bye losers," she says as she slams the door behind her.

As planned, Eunha runs to SinB's house as per instruction. She hates Prom, but that doesn't mean she will let her friends drown with their poor choices of dresses and let alone SinB with makeup, that's weird.

"Hey losers, I bring a few dresses for you to try on."

"How did you end up with these dresses?" asks SinB.

"My mom bought it, I never actually wear them. You guys can have these."

All three pairs of eyes go to the door as it swung open and reveals Sojung with such an angry look. She throws her peak tuxedo jacket to the bed and she senses three pairs of eyes are looking at her.

"What the are you guys looking at?" asks Sojung pissed off.

"Uhm..." stutters SinB. "You were barging to my room looking angry and clearly upset over something. Wanna share it with the group?"

"Yuju can't make it to the prom night which leaves me no choice but not to go."

"What happened?"

"She's down with diarrhea," says Sojung which getting all the people inside giving such an apologetic expression. 

"! I hope she's alright!"

"You're this angry over prom?" asks Eunha chuckling over it. 

"God! Eunha we know you hate prom but that doesn't mean people who like it are dumb."

Eunha chuckles one more time, this is funny. "I'm sorry. I didn't say it was dumb."

"My sister is back from the states. My life officially a living hell...again."

"That monster..." responds SinB.

"We should invite her to come over sometimes," says Yerin.

"Over my dead body," says Sojung in frustration tone. She doesn't hate her sister but her sister is the only reason why she never gets most of their parent's attention. The selfish Kim Yewon, the golden child always wins.

"Kim Sojung, I may have saved your day again," says Yerin out of nowhere. Yerin takes one of the dresses that Eunha brings over and hands them to Eunha. "You can go with our little bunny."

Eunha throws the dress back to where it belongs, " NO!"

"Yerin's right. You can take Eunha with you and still experience Prom," adds SinB.

"Hey, Prom is about going with your partner and not your best friend."

Eunha nods in unison of Sojung's statement. "Yeah. I'm not going. It's stupid."

Yerin being the one who's also excited about prom takes a glance over the tuxedo.  "You're not going to let your tuxedo gone to waste, are you?"

Sojung sighs. Yerin's right. The tuxedo alone is costly and it will be such a waste. Besides, nothing could really go wrong. It's Eunha. It's not some random girl she finds. "Eunha, I'm sorry! You're gonna go with me as my date."

"NO!"

"Hey! I helped with your little girls' problem a couple of weeks ago, now you can do me a little favor."

Eunha grunts internally. I know that will bite her in the . "Fine! I swear to God please don't even try to win the title."

"Deal."

Yerin and SinB cheers to the hell, finally Eunha agrees to go to the prom. Poor Yuju has to be sick and skips Prom. With that being settled, they're all getting ready for it and Eunha could just kill herself right now to even agreeing to this . She looks at the mirror and she honestly would date herself if it allowed. She never considers herself being pretty but in this white dress she looks pretty, she admits. 3 hours down the road, the prom is here. Five minutes down and Eunha swears this is the last place she would go. 

"Hey you know you're not supposed to just stand and looking at your friends dancing," asks Sojung sarcastically as she asks for Eunha's hand.

Eunha takes Sojung's hand and walks over to the dance floor. Eunha gotta admit that she imagined herself being with Sojung a long time ago when she had this stupid massive crush on her but it doesn't really matter now. Eunha is no longer has a crush but having Sojung's hands holding hers and in her waist is driving her down that road again. Not mentioning the slow music that's blasting over the speaker. Eunha blinks few times and finally looks at Sojung this time, eyes to eyes.

"You gotta admit that this is...weird," says Eunha.

"Bite me."

Eunha chuckles. "And you forced me to be here."

"Well, it's once in a lifetime. It doesn't harm us anyway."

"How's Yuju?"

"She's checked herself in the hospital. She'll be fine. I'm so upset over this. I've planned everything, and I've been looking forward to this day with her."

"Hey!" Eunha slapping Sojung's arm. "You made it sounds like I'm the worst choice of date."

Sojung is raising her eyebrows in the response of what Eunha says and chuckles right after. "I'm gonna ask you this..."

"What?"

"Throughout high school, you've been sleeping with a lot of girls but you never date them, why?"

"Don't you think that's a little bit too personal?"

"We're dancing on the dance floor and if I don't keep the conversation going, this only going to get weirder."

"Kim Sojung, you're so full of ."

Sojung laughs a little, "I know. I was just curious, you never tell us your best friends about any of it."

"Because I don't want to. I would like to date someone if I'm in love with the person."

"You're saying you would wait for months or even years?"

"Maybe..."

"You're full of too."

They have never been this close before, in fact, this is the closest they've ever been. It's pretty normal honestly with a few people in the group. Eunha's mind could not resist this feeling, this is the right time to ask the question she's always wanted to know, just out of curiosity..

"if you were to meet me first before Yuju, would you ask me out?"

"Hmm...totally," says Sojung without taking time to think.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean you're hot and cute at the same time. Why do you think there are a lot of girls waiting for you on the line?"

Eunha partly agrees with this.  "If you're ready for me, I'll be ready for you." continues Eunha with such a cheeky look.

Sojung chuckles, "Funny," Sojung points at herself and then Eunha. "In case you're confused. This is never going to happen." 

"That bad, huh?"

"Girl, you barely kept your pants on. You can't have a girl being clingy to you. Look at Sana. All I heard was complains." 

"For the record, Sana is being too clingy. It suffocates me," says Eunha. Sana is not like the other girls she slept with, there is something about Sana. Eunha never thinks about it thoroughly. She admits Sana is indeed her favorite.

"Let's bet on this, try asking Sana out and I guarantee you will fall in love with her less than a year."

"No..."

"Come on! Try dating...it's good and it's healthy," says Sojung with such confidence face. It sounds like a piece of advice honestly. 

Eunha nods and looks at Sojung again, giving Sojung a confirmation that she takes up the challenge, "Fine."

Eunha couldn't hate this day more than anyone when the principal announces the PROM QUEENS. Yes, they win. Sojung is extremely happy to win even though it is not with Yuju that she dearly loves. The main point is she's on the stage with a crown on her head.

Graduation is on the corner and the girls never been this excited. The whole new world is facing them ahead. The girls end up in different universities and the fates are playing them. Sojung and Eunha end up in the same university and also living together in an apartment. This leads to their friendship to be stronger because they are right in the middle of an adaption to a new environment and also going through a lot of .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunha finally asks Sana out which Sana gratefully accepts for and they're officially dating while for Sojung it has been such a pretty ty ride. She learns from SinB that her girlfriend is getting closer to her sister, it was harmless at first but there are times where Sojung raises a red flag when Yuju runs to Kim Yewon for every single problem she has. That causes a fight between them and Sojung has given up honestly. They lose the sparks but both of them acting like everything is fine. According to SinB, it might something beyond Sojung's control and there is no point in continuing the relationship. 

Sojung reads the text message from Yuju telling her that she needs her for building furniture which she replies that she won't be coming but Yewon will. That night, Sojung knocks Yuju's apartment intending to break up with Yuju. It might look easy for her but she repeats these scenes in her head dozens of times. Believe her, it is not easy to break up with someone you love.

Yuju opens the door and honestly, she feels glad that Sojung is here. She hasn't seen her girlfriend for some time due to their busy schedules. On top of that, she also knows that Sojung senses there is something between her and her girlfriend's sister, the whole thing with her and Sojung's sister. The looks in Sojung's eyes are just miserable, "Hey.."

"Hey, I hope your furniture is all settled."

Yuju chuckles and closes the door behind her. "Yeah," says Yuju and she lead Sojung to sit by the porch. "Sojung, why did you tell Yewon to help me? I was hoping you'd be here."

"You sure?" asks Sojung. Their eyes meet and the only thing she can get from Yuju is a pity. It's all in her eyes,

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Sojung hates that pity look but for some reason, she won't take her eyes off Yuju before she says, "Admit It...all these times Yewon has been with you and helps you with all your problems and she's always there for you in ways that I can't. She pushes you to be the best version of you which I will never be able to do."

Yuju looks away and she wipes her tears. "I'm sorry...I never wanted this to happen."

"It's not your fault. We are growing up to be a different person and that changes everything. Unfortunately, it changes us."

"You didn't change, Kim Sojung. I did."

Sojung takes a final look at Yuju before they hug each other's a goodbye. It was a pretty ride with her and it was special. Sojung lost the girl to her sister.

/

Eunha arrives in the ballroom of the 5-stars hotel where SinB throws her 23rd birthday party. Sana is following Eunha like a little puppy and that pisses Eunha most of the time. Why did she even date Sana in the first place? The universe is being good to her now, Sana's friends are invited so Sana could get out of her face for a while. 

Eunha goes to the cake section, eyeing one by one and before she could take one slices, Sojung taps her shoulder looking really plain. "You're late," states Eunha.

Sojung looks around the room and grabs a glass of champagne from the waiter that happens to pass by. She takes a sip and directs her gaze back to Eunha. "I thought to sit this one out."

"You promised SinB to come."

Sojung smirks as she takes another sip. "Newsflash, Yuju and I broke up."

Eunha who is so busy with picking the assorted cakes immediately looking at Sojung's face. Is she being serious? "What?"

"Also, she has feelings for my sister, the great Kim Yewon."

Eunha's eyes are getting bigger. She could not believe it. "Are you serious? Kim Yewon?" asks Eunha. She hears stuff but she never imagines that this day would come true. "I'll talk to Yuju."

"Don't bother."

Out of nowhere, the great Kim Yewon appears and she greets her sister and then Eunha. 

"Hey, sis." greets Yewon.

"Look who's here...the pain in my ." spats Sojung. "What the do you want?"

Eunha feels the tension is getting thicker. "I'm gonna grab a drink."

Sojung grabs Eunha's elbow. "No. You'll stay so my sister can excuses herself instead."

Honestly, their relationship has been rocky but now, Sojung is being too aggressive on her sister. Her sister also doesn't have any idea why. Her sister is always gets everything and now her girlfriend too. "Hey sis, take it easy! Did I do something wrong?"

"You're unbelievable, don't pretend that you're not enjoying this."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, did you mean enjoying SinB's party?"

"Cut the crap," says Sojung as she leaves the group. She can't deal with this. Not now! Yewon still has no idea what's happening so she follows her sister around. 

Before Eunha could get back to her cakes, a voice is calling her. She turns around to face who's calling her.

"Hey!" calls Yuju smiling.

"Hey there..." replies Eunha with such a dark face. She couldn't help but judging Yuju internally.

"Wash that horrible expression, you can't hide it."

"Fine." sighs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter