Chapter 1

My true love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday
I am quite nervous of what will happen today because today is the first day of my internship at a bank and I know no one from this place except for my one and only classmate who happens to be my co trainee Wendy Son. I came early so that I can leave a good impression at my first day and here I am in front of all the employees calming myself for introduction.


“Good morning everyone! I…I am (curse me for my stuttering self) I am Kang Seulgi 20 years of age, an introvert person who loves arts and always open to learn that can help me improve myself. I’ll do my best in this whole internship program. Thank you.”


After Wendy and I introduced ourselves Ms. Kim Yongsun designated some task for us and then after a while the phone rang to which Wendy answered.


“Good morning this is Wendy from Seoul International Bank, how may I help you?”


“Hello, may I speak with Ms. Bae Irene?” a client asked.


Wendy told Ms. Kim about the call and told her that Ms. Bae Irene is on leave. A few clients still ask for Ms. Bae and as we are instructed we told them that Ms. Bae was on leave.


“Hey, Seul. There are so many clients that are asking for Ms. Bae, what do you think of Ms. Bae? Is she nice or a terror one?” asked Wendy.


“I don’t know but based on how many clients that asked for her she must be an important person here so I think she’s already on her forties.” Seulgi guessed.


The first week of our internship where very productive because we were able to do and finished some works that allows us to learn so many things. It was now our second week and we are now doing some works in our table near to Ms. Bae’s table when a petite and beautiful woman walk in.


“Good morning Irene! How are you feeling now?” Ms. Yongsun greeted and asked her.


“I’m fine now, nothing to worry about.” Ms. Bae said.

“Oh that’s good to hear by the way these are our new interns they started last week.” Ms. Youngsun added.


Wendy cheerfully greeted Ms. Bae while I just bowed my head a little and then looked away, I am worried that Ms. Bae will take my action the wrong way because the real thing is that I’m very shy when it comes to her. The days passed by and then Wendy and Ms. Bae became even closer.

“Wendy, can you help me  here?” asked Ms. Bae with her sweetest smile.


“Yes Ms. Irene.” Wendy saluted in a teasing manner which made Ms. Bae  chuckle.


“Lucky kid she’s allowed to call her Irene.” I murmured 


Weeks passed by with excitement and jealousy, as I was able to see Ms. Bae  laughing heartily with Wendy. Until that day came.

I am now at the storage room to organize some files when Ms. Bae opened the door and greeted me.


“Hey there, are you okay? It’s kinda hot in here.” 


“Y-yes Ma’am.” I hurriedly replied and turn my back on her, actually I don’t wanna turn my back it just that I’m so nervous and red right at that moment.

After that Wendy asked me to join her for lunch and luckily Ms. Bae was also there.


(Italic means what’s on my mind)


“Oh come on Kang Seulgi you can do it, make Ms. Bae interested in you so that you won’t be lonely anymore.” 


So in order to have a topic I started to story tell my childhood days to the both of them, but no matter how hard I tried to look at Ms. Bae I still get shy because she was really looking right into me, so I ended up looking at wendy all the time.

After lunch when we are about go to our table Wendy stopped me and poked me in my sides.


“Hey I saw you there, I know you want to look directly at Ms. Irene but still ended up looking at me. Seul, you can do it get close to her.” Wendy patted my back.


Today was Monday and I plan to get closer to Ms. Bae.

I am sitting at our usual seat right beside Ms. Bae's table, then here she goes, as usual my mood suddenly got brighter at the same time nervous. "Seulgi, you can do it come on." 

"Good morning Ms. Bae." I mustered up my courage and greeted her showcasing my crescent eyes.

"Oh! good morning Seulgi, let's have a nice day. Did you take your breakfast already?"

"Uh...uh... N-not yet Ms. Bae."

"Good then you should join me for breakfast." Ms. Bae shows her sweet smile. But my stupid self stuttered again.

"I-I'll a-ask Wendy to join us." I saw Ms. Bae's smile fade a little, is it just my imagination or is she disappointed. So in the end Wendy, Ms. Bae and I went to the pantry to have breakfast.

"Irene unnie, are you in a relationship now?" Wendy asked with a curious smile.

Ms. Bae smiled sweetly and replied,

"No Wendy I don't have a special someone yet." then wendy looked at me with a smirk.

"Then can I ask you what is your ideal type unnie?"

"Well I don't have any ideal type, in my case I believe that you will just feel it the moment you see and met that person, that she's the one." Ms. Bae said while looking at me which causes me to blush madly and looked away.

"Wait, Seulgi your blushing looked at you." wendy teases me.

"Why are you so red Seulgi-ah." Ms. Bae added with a playful smirk.

"Look,  the heart breaker is as red as tomato rightnow." wendy further teased me.

"W-wendy stop it." I said while pouting.

"I didn't know that you're a heart breaker Seulgi."

"Don't believe her Ms. Bae."

"You're too formal Seulgi-ah, just call me Irene unnie when were not working." and I just nodded.

Then wendy told Irene unnie my different love story starting from my puppy love to high school love.

"You had a lot of exes I see..."

"BUT no one has ever dared to touch or kiss our snob lady here." wendy added.

"They don't dare because I don't let them." I said.

After that day the three of us got so much closer then one day we were asked to prepare a surprise farewell party for Ms. Victoria.

I am cutting some designs in the stock room when Irene unnie approach me.

"Hey, are you doing fine in here? You see its a little bit hot in here."

"I'm okay Irene unnie, I just need to finish this."

"Here let me help you." Unnie helped me to finish some decorations and then after that we got home together.

Days passed and we're just 1 week away from ending our internship so we decided to sleep over in Irene unnie's house.

Wendy and I are now eating dinner with Irene unnie.

"Unnie, you're really a great cook." I said with a thumbs up.

"Yeah, Seulgi's right these are so good." Irene unnie just smiled shyly.

After that we watch movie and then headed for sleep.

Morning came and Irene unnie made us breakfast.

"Girls these are for you." unnie gave us a bracelet gift with a letter and it made both of us teary eyed.

"Actually this is the first time that I got so attached with our interns so thank you for all the memories that you gave me."

"Unnie..... T-thank you for taking care of us." wendy said. 

"and we will miss you." I added. 


Today is our last day from internship so Irene unnie decided to take us out after our shift.


"Irene unnie, promise us you won't forget us after this." I said.  

"Silly of course I won't forget the both of you." Unnie replied. 


After the dinner we went our separate ways. I am now lying in my bed thinking of Irene unnie and suddenly my phone rang and my eyes got bigger as I saw  who is calling it's Irene Unnie.


"Hello, Seulgi-ah are you there?" because of my excitement I suddenly blurted out,

"Unnie....I was just thinking of you a while ago." seulgi-ah why are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter