A Terrible Prank

Birthday Prank
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: happy birthday to Seulgi, and so we have one more oneshot. Something fun and a little silly set in omegaverse, where it’s almost Seulgi’s birthday and wife Joohyun is also expecting their first child, so Joohyun thinks it’ll be fun to prank her by saying she’s having their baby on her birthday, so that way Seulgi shares her birthday with their baby, and with the help from best friends joyri of course, so should be fun, happy birthday again to my sweet and lovely Kang Seulgi, may she have the best birthday! Please enjoy it, thank you to MistressofAngst for the brainstorming and help too, I appreciate it :)

 

Sponsor Mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, cwright01, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Cheorrybat, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, tay_84, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, Once1864, tinybean, kaikaitheartist, Normallyotp, argonots, hanz316, RedPaint, Maraga, Kasey_1432, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng,Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)

 




 

Alpha Kang Seulgi had two things she was looking forward to, not only was it soon going to be her birthday, which in itself is an occasion one can always look forward to, the day of one’s birth being celebrated with good food, cake, her mate and wife Joohyun, what more could the alpha need on her birthday. There is another thing that Seulgi has going on. She is very much looking forward too. Something very special and wonderful that will change both her and Joohyun’s life together. 

 

“Hyunnie!” Seulgi shouts when she notices her wife trying to stand on a stool to reach for something on a higher shelf.

 

“Seul, please calm down.” The dark-haired omega sighs. She knew the moment she tried to reach for anything her alpha would have a mini panic. These days Joohyun can’t make a move without Seulgi right behind her making sure she’s fine. Joohyun understands to a certain extent of course.

 

“No, you know you can ask me if you need anything, you’re carrying precious cargo.” Seulgi gently touches her wife’s prominent swell. Her mate is pregnant with their first pup, and the alpha is in high drive of nervousness, especially as Joohyun is very close to having the baby, it could be as soon as this week, or within the next two weeks at most, either way their child is on the way. It’s a special time as they’re getting ready to become parents together. Joohyun smiles at how adorable her mate looks with such a focused look touching her belly. The dark-haired omega touches her monolid love’s forehead.

 

“I’m fine, Seul.”

 

“Yes, you’re fine and going back to sit down.”

 

It’s the other important thing Seulgi is looking forward to outside of her birthday, is her first child being born. The brunette alpha carefully takes her mate by the arm and starts to help her from their kitchen, only Joohyun gives her a look.

 

“I still need my snack.” Joohyun says with a bit of a pout on her beautiful face. Seulgi smiles at her as she looks too cute with that pout. Joohyun is the prettiest woman she has ever seen in her entire life, long dark hair, with pale skin, big bright brown eyes that make her look doll-like. Joohyun pouting at her just makes her look like a cute doll.

 

“Okay, honey. I’ll get your snack, just come with me into the living room, and have a seat.”

 

The omega doesn’t even argue with her wife. She knows as a sire-to-be, Seulgi is feeling nervous in an entirely different way from her. She loves and appreciates her wife for being as caring, protective, and supportive as always. The alpha sits her down in the armchair and hurried to get the snack Joohyun was trying to reach. She returns and hands her wife the snack before sitting down too.

 

“Now, let’s talk about something important.” Seulgi begins in a serious tone. Joohyun thinks it’ll be about the baby, as mostly everything these days is about their baby on the way. She wonders what’s on her mind. They’ve already set up the nursery, have baby clothing, pacifiers, bottles, and all the major important things. Joohyun seriously wonders what’s going on.

 

“What’s wrong, baby? You’re not broke and can’t afford to take care of this pup for the next 18 years or so, right?” The omega teases and that has Seulgi frowning. She is very much able to take care of her family, thank you. 

 

“Haha, so funny you are, Hyun. Everything’s fine on that end, but my something important is my birthday.”

 

“Oh…”

 

Joohyun didn’t expect that, but her wife’s birthday is very soon. There’s a high chance she could go into labor at the same time, which would make Seulgi and their baby have the same birthday. Something, Seulgi is a bit freaked out by, but Joohyun finds it funny in a way. Imagine if their baby came on her mate’s birthday, then they would have to do half celebration for Seulgi, and half for their child, poor Seulgi having to share her birthday with their child, if that were to happen.

 

“You didn’t forget about my birthday, did you?” Seulgi looks at her with hopeful eyes, that make her look too cute. Joohyun pinches her cheeks, of course she didn’t forget about her wife’s birthday. Kang Seulgi is only the love of her life after all, even though a lot of their conversations have been about the baby, and preparing for not only the baby, but the soon to be labor too. Joohyun knows very well that Seulgi's birthday is coming.

 

“Well…” Joohyun pretends to think and that makes Seulgi sigh.

 

“Get your wife pregnant, and she forgets all about your birthday.”

 

“Hey, now, I wouldn’t go that far. I know it’s your birthday soon, the question is what’s so important about your birthday, honey. You know everything is about our baby, and me of course.” The omega says proudly, and Seulgi eyes her like she said something terrible, like no more pringles, or coke soda.

 

“Hey, we can’t just forget about me!” Seulgi complains. “I know, baby is on the way and everything, but hey, sire’s have rights too.”

 

“Do they?” Joohyun eyes her with a bit of a frown. The omega finds herself questioning very much if sire’s have rights, especially as she has dealt with some insane pregnancy cravings for food she would never like in a million years, and losing the taste for some of her favorite things, not to mention all the morning sickness she dealt with for months on end, the morning sickness that decided to be a pain in the and show itself at anytime of the day or night. Or the fact that she feels like a beached whale set to give birth to a mini beach whale sometimes, but those are the times when she feels ty, however with that being said Seulgi has been the definition of incredible to her. She takes all of her mood swings like a champ, gets whatever she’s craving without question, and has really taken on the supportive mate and sire to be role well. Joohyun just likes messing with her from time to time since it’s so fun.

 

“Yes, we have rights.” Seulgi nods and sighs. “Anyway, because my birthday is soon, I was thinking…”

 

“Baby is coming any day now you know.” Her omega smiles. She looks at how freaked out Seulgi appears and as bad as it might be, Joohyun really enjoys teasing her wife about small things. 

 

“Don’t even joke that way!” The alpha complains. “That’s not funny.”

 

“Who’s joking, were you not there when the doctor told us my due date, or expected due date, did you forget she said early February?”

 

Of course, Seulgi remembers when they were in the doctor’s office having just really gone through with the appointment, and had the chance to see their pup on screen, get sonogram photos, and experience all the wonderful firsts as soon to be parents. Seulgi remembers very well what Joohyun’s doctor said about the due date being somewhere in Feb, early February to be more specific. 

 

“Ah, but you know there’s the two week thing too, Hyunnie. You could be more mid February for all we know.”

 

“Congratulations, honey for paying attention.” She teases and cups her cheeks in her hands before giving her a kiss. “I could also have baby Kang on, I don’t know, let’s say February 10th for example?”

 

“Ah, come on!” The monolid woman groans. “Stop it, baby won’t come on my birthday, that wouldn’t even be fair.”

 

Joohyun looks at her with a sudden serious expression on her face, but on the inside she is cracking up since it’s too easy teasing her other half.

 

“You should be honored if our pup has your birthday, Seul.”
 

“Honored!” Seulgi looks at her like someone took the last can of her favorite pringles. “Honored, when everything is already about the baby right now, if the baby has my birthday I surely won’t even exist anymore, it’ll just be the baby's birthday from that point on.”
 

“Well, that’s true.” 

 

“Hyun, you weren’t supposed to agree, you know!”

 

The raven chuckles and offers her another kiss in apology. Seulgi doesn’t appear to be all that moved by her kiss and looks like she’ll start sulking at some point, however she doesn’t actually and remembers her original point.

 

“Okay, let’s talk about my birthday!”

 

“Yes, let’s talk about my baby’s birthday.” Joohyun smiles. 

 

“Finally, some respect and love around here.”

 

“Yes, my baby.” The omega repeats and looks at her swell. “Mommy and are I going to talk about your birthday.”

 

It takes seconds for Seulgi to realize that Joohyun is talking about the baby and she looks at her wife with the look of one who has been betrayed. This time the raven can’t hold back her laugh and does laugh at her other half, who doesn’t look impressed in the least.

 

“Haha, so funny, Joohyun.”

 

“I thought so.”

 

“Anyway, as I was saying about my birthday.”

 

Truth be told, Joohyun doesn’t hear most of what Seulgi is saying to her, as she zones out at certain points, all she hears is something about possible dinner, cake, or cake with dinner, or so, the omega doesn’t even recall. Not while she’s too busy thinking of a fun prank to do on Seulgi’s birthday.

 

“Sure, sweetie, we’ll have rice cakes on your birthday. Don’t worry, now I’m going to take a nap because I’m tired from your baby doing somersaults in my stomach.”

 

“Rice cakes?” Seulgi blinks, as she sure as hell didn’t say anything about rice cakes, meaning someone clearly wasn’t even listening to her. However, she’s also too preoccupied with the fact that Joohyun also basically said the baby was kicking too, and the brunette gets up to touch her stomach.

 

“Oh, hey, be good in there, give mama a break.”
 

Her mate is truly the sweetest, Seulgi really is loving, kind, and an amazing spouse. Joohyun couldn’t have asked for a better partner in Seulgi, with that being said it’s not like the omega isn’t allowed to have some fun with her from time to time, and perhaps the prank she has in mind for her wife’s birthday. She also will make up to her for any stress it may cause, Joohyun isn’t an evil person or anything.

 

“Ah, you listen to mommy but not me.” The omega notices how the baby seems more calm and not kicking up a storm as much. Yet, there is such a thing as pups being calmed by sires anyway. Joohyun can recall many times that Seulgi would hold her close, release her citrus scent to help whenever the baby seemed particularly distressed, and that would always calm her down too. 

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure once the baby is born they'll be on your side, Hyun, and then I won’t get a moment’s peace.”

 

Joohyun laughs at the imagery of herself and their pup as a tag team against the alpha. Seulgi isn’t wrong in that case, she might not ever know another moment’s peace. For now, Joohyun gives her a hug and kiss before heading for that nap she said she wants to take, and she will do so, but first she has a call to make. She calls her best friend and fellow omega Yerim and throws out her suggestion. 

 

“Hyun, really!” Yerim sounds like she’s judging her. “You’re going to be that terrible and prank Seulgi that you’re going in labor on her birthday, what is wrong with you?”

 

The raven is a bit surprised by this, for all of a moment. Her best friend is the type to pull pranks on people all the time, including her mate Sooyoung, so why is Joohyun currently being judged in this manner?

 

“So are you and Sooyoung in or not?” 

 

“You’re a terrible person, Joohyun to prank your mate like that. I almost can’t believe who I’m talking to right now.”

 

Joohyun thinks it’s herself that’s being pranked at this moment, as she knows how her best friend thinks. There’s no way Yerim is judging her for real, as she has pranked Sooyoung countless times.

 

“Um, are you and Sooyoung in or not?”

 

“Of course!” The other omega agrees with a laugh. “I wouldn’t miss anything like this, poor Seulgi though, you’re going to wreck her, Hyun.”

 

“She’ll be fine, so here’s the plan….” Joohyun takes her time explaining what she needs from the two of them. All they have to do is be there on Seulgi’s birthday and help act it up with her, like she’s in labor, and then the fireworks will begin, in a manner of speaking. Yerim laughs after she hears that plan.

 

“You’re so mean, Joohyun. You better hope you don’t actually go into labor for real trying to pull a stunt like this.”
 

“Hah, well I am technically due any day now, Yerimie, so it’s not like it would be the worst thing. Besides, I think it would be kind of nice to have my baby on my other baby’s birthday. It would be sweet for the two most important people in my life to share their birthday.” At least, Joohyun thinks so anyway. She personally doesn’t see any problem if that were to happen. She loves both Seulgi and their baby, they are the two most important people to her, why not have double the sort of celebrations each year after this. But, again there’s no guarantee she’ll go into labor on that day, it could be before or after. 

 

“You just don’t want to buy extra gifts.”

 

“Hey!” Joohyun hears what Yerim says. “That’s not it, anyway, you know what to do, so you and Sooyoung just come over like normal, even though it’s Seul’s birthday, I’ll set it up like we’re having a small celebration for her, and then we’ll play it up from there, I’ll give a cue or something.”

 

“Well, Soo and I will come, we have birthday gifts to give to Seulgi anyway. And you, here wife is trying to give her a heart attack.”

 

“No, I’m giving her the best gift of all, our pup. Anyway,” Joohyun sighs. “I’ll see you on her birthday. Thanks, Yerimie.”

 

Of course, Seulgi walks into the bedroom just as she’s saying thank you to Yerim, so that causes suspicion for a number of reasons, especially since Joohyun said she was going to be taking a nap.

 

“Why are you thanking Yerim, what happened to a nap, hm?” Seulgi wonders with a slight suspici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter