Fin

The Gift
Please log in to read the full chapter

"For a better GPA next semester!" they all shouted as they're clinking their glasses together (most filled with tea because it was the first day of school the next day!).

What started as an attempt to make the whole class grow closer, becomes a biannual tradition. Usually, it's done after the final exams. You know, to party and doll yourself up a little after inelegantly poring over pages of thick books. This time, because of the wildly different holiday plans, it became a "pre-semester dinner to gather enough power to get through the semester" instead of a Christmas dinner. Long name, but that's how they roll. 

"Okay, guys" Doyoung clapped to gather everyone's attention. "It's time for angels to present your gifts to your mortals!" 

This too has become a yearly tradition. After their last exam, they would draw a random name from the lot and that person becomes the 'mortal' - the receiving end. 

To make things simple, everyone agreed to go clockwise, with Doyoung as the last angel. 

This time, to put it plainly, presented some interesting combinations. Johnny gifted to Yeri a suspiciously big box, what's inside, no one knew. On the other hand, Yeri gives the lip tint Hyerin has been dying to try, Hyerin, in turn, gave "toys" she thought Mark will enjoy, and Mark gave a game gift card to Johnny. The four people formed a perfect square and the only two-way line formed was between Doyoung and Sera, the commute and study buddies. Everyone ooh-ed and aah-ed when they realise the exchange. 

"I bet you two have the best fitting gifts for each other. Or did you two just straight out asked each other what they want?" Ten chuckles as he witnessed Doyoung handing his present for Sera. 

"Pfft, what's the fun in that! Anyways, open this later, 'kay?" then starting with Ten, everybody squealed some more. 

 

The night went on longer than expected. Albeit knowing they would have an early class the next day, they prolonged the night by going to noraebang and eating some more greasy junk food with the excuse of being young and still having top-notch metabolism - nothing an extra dose of caffeine can't solve. Alas, the night still has to end. The girls' parents have started calling them to go home ASAP. After finishing their last bites of ice cream, the group split into their usual carpooling arrangement.

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!" Sera bade every

Please log in to read the full chapter