Final

Perfect Subject

Eunbi's

Breathtakingly beautiful landscapes. An old couple smiling at each other while strolling by the sea. A charming toddler eating her lollipop while making cute faces. A cute dog wagging her tail while patiently waiting for his owner to give him food. These are some of the subjects that i use when im into my art mood. Seeing them makes me inspired and calm my nerves. As i held my paint brush and dip it into the variety of colors that i use, the way my brush would its way into my canvas, it rejuvenates my inner being. Seeing the finish product makes me happy, most esp the bright smiles that the people are expressing when they saw it makes my heart rejoice. But all of this will not be possible if it werent for my perfect subjects.

 

It makes me remember that one particular subject that i saw just a few days ago. I was just walking by the sea deep in my thoughts with my sketch pad tucked in my arm, when i saw this girl, or should i say woman dancing along with her friends. She was just randomly swaying her hips and spinning around while laughing and playing with the sand. Her smile are very genuine and addictive you will end up smiling along with her. Her long and dark hair are slightly covering her face because of the wind but I can still see her perfect features. Im a few meters far from them but i can actually hear her contagious laugh. I find it quite charming knowing that she couldnt care less with the way she laugh as long as she's genuinely happy, and i love it. To be very honest, her laugh are still ringing inside my head everytime i remember her.

 

Which makes me come back to this place, in hopes to see that charming smile and hear her infectious laugh again. But if odds are not with me today and i will end up not seeing her, its not a big deal anyway. Because her physical features are already implanted in my head, i just need to prepare my art materials to start my work.. which is what im doing right at this moment.

 

- - - - - - - -

 

Eunbi was so engrossed with her work while remembering every single detail about her newest subject. And its actually working out well, now that she succeeded on painting her face and her hair. She was now contemplating on what to do next when she felt someone lightly taps her shoulder, interrupting her concentration.

 

"Uhm miss? Can i disturb you for a sec?"

 

"Whoever you are dont you dare disturb me. I dont like someone else interrupting me while im working," Eunbi replied without even glancing at the person behind her.

 

"Im asking you in a nice way miss. Can you at least return the favor? You didnt even ask my permission, how dare you to start ignoring me?"

 

"UGH I SAID IM WORKING! WHAT DO U WANT ANYWAY?" Eunbi lost her patience and dared to look at the person. But upon knowing who that person is, her greatest nightmare took over her system.

 

"You." 

 

"Yes, its me." The girl raise her eyebrows while she put her arm on the side of her waist.

 

"Y-you... its y-you," Eunbi can only utter that single word due to embarassment. She looks at her painting and to the girl and then back to her painting. If only she can burry herself into the sand and escape from all this humiliation shes facing right now she already have done it. She never had an encounter with her subject before, let alone talk with them, thats why she's panicking right now. In the back of her head she was like, 'Can i just say sorry because of what i did and be done with it? She can also slap me if she wants. How can i get away with this?'

 

"So now youre not talking back? Where is that firm lady a while ago?" The girl spoke again in a rather playful manner. Tbh Eunbi cant read her actual expression right now, she's not sure if the girl is actually mad at her or just teasing her. She was totally clueless.

 

"I-im sorry. Im really sorry miss. I wont do it again. Sorry for invading your privacy." She keeps on bowing multiple times at the girl in front of her before she look up to her again, but wont dare to stare back at her.

 

She was ready to feel a slap from the girl or even hear harsh words that she knew she deserves when she hear her unique laugh again. It made her confused, why would she laugh at this situation? But the girl just wont stop laughing, she was enjoying it at first and made her twitch to smile a bit but now shes kinda irritated because the girl just wont stop. Is she crazy or something?

 

"Why are you laughing?" 

 

When the girl hear her question, she stops abruptly. Okay, she was now seriously she's getting weirded out by this girl's antics as time goes by.

 

The girl wipes her tears from all of the laughing that she did and replied, "Im sorry.. its just. You look so cute when apologizing. You didnt even have to say sorry, i just want to catch your attention."

 

"Youre not mad because of what i did?"

 

"Why would i be mad? And besides, i look pretty on that painting." The girl show off her bright smile that can make the person in front of her go blind. And that person is Kwon Eunbi, slowly getting blinded by all of this girl's charming personality.

 

"Are you serious? And its not even finished, how can you say its pretty? Uhm i mean, you are pretty, pls dont get me wrong miss."

 

"Chaeyeon. Thats my name. Stop calling me miss, i feel old because of that. And about your painting, thanks for the compliment and even if its still not finished, its still pretty in my eyes. Just like the talented artist. For me, she was way more prettier than the subject." Chaeyeon smirks while staring at Eunbi's brown orbs.

 

"W-haaa... are you flirting with me now Miss Chaeyeon?" Eunbi was obviously taken aback by that compliment, but she cant help not to blush because of it.

 

"Scratch the miss okay? Pssh, why are so forgetful? Just be thankful that you are pretty." She whispered the last words but loud enough for the other person to hear.

 

"Stop it will you? Ugh."

 

"What? The flirting? I thought you like it."

 

"Yes i like... n-no!! I dont like it! Argh!" Eunbi inhales sharply due to complete annoyance. This girl is getting into her nerves.... in an entertaining way.

 

Chaeyeon laughs. "Haha okay okay i'll stop. But not before i take you out for dinner."

 

"Youre taking me out to dinner when you didnt even know my name? Are you insane?"

 

"No need for that. I already know you Eunbi-ssi, its pretty obvious actually," She pointed out at the small name tag that was written on the upper part of her uniform.

 

Eunbi nods, "Youre too observant i see. Allright then, ill accept your offer as my way of apologizing for invading your privacy."

 

"I told you it doesnt matter. Besides, ill even pursue you to finish that painting. I can even pay you for your labor. I dont like the idea of displaying my own face at my house but if its you who work hard for it, i wont hesitate to do it. So dont feel burden by it okay?" Chaeyeon walks closer to the girl and tried to held her hand. And thankfully she didnt budge and it made her heart jump out of pure happiness.

 

"Im taking you out to dinner because i want to. And also because im honestly very thankful for what you did. Its a rare occasion to have an encounter with a talented artist who appreciate your existence so it calls for a celebration on my part. So...." she held her hand a tightly this time and usher her to walk with her.

 

"Do you trust me Eunbi-ssi?"

 

Eunbi dared to stare back at Chaeyeon's eyes and smiled genuinely. "Yes Chaeyeon, and youre very welcome. No sane person can ignore that kind of beauty that you have, so im just appreciating God's wonderful creation."

 

"Youre flirting back now huh? Do you have plans on competing against me? Because i bet you'll loose." Chaeyeon smirks while moving her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

 

"Let me remind you Chaeyeon, youre interacting with an artist." Eunbi smirk back and smiles brightly, she tiptoed and kiss her cheeks before she walks away, loosing all of Chaeyeon's sanity.

 

Eunbi stops walking when she didnt hear footsteps from behind her. "Hey! Its just a kiss! Are we still up for dinner or not?"

 

Chaeyeon woke up from her trance and replied, "Oh y-yes im coming!"

 

 

 

 

 

--end.

 

 

Thank you for reading! :))