fin.

Because I Can
Please log in to read the full chapter

Genevy attended her friend, Skyler's, get-together after much persuasion from their other friends. She just didn't expect to see her co-worker, Yuta, there along with others whom were invited by Skyler. She didn't stay long and left as soon as possible. Genevy also didn't expect for Yuta to chase after her.

"Genevy!" Yuta called after her.

"Crap." Genevy muttered to herself as she picked up her pace. "I swear Skyler is always trying to play matchmaker."

The get-together happened to be at a karaoke bar and instead of a girls' night out, it was more like a group date with Skyler as hostess. She had also invited a few of her male friends from her masquerade themed birthday party a few weeks ago that Genevy had attended. During that time, Genevy somehow made an impression on Yuta when the two had been chosen to do some waltz thanks to Skyler. Still though, Genevy had no idea that Skyler's friend Yuta was the same as her co-worker Yuta. It made things kinda awkward at work although Genevy was the only one that knew Yuta behind his mask, but he kinda didn't know about her.

"Genevy!" Yuta called out again.

Genevy hurried down the zig-zag of a hallway, passed the front desk, and out the doors into the cool night air. Without hesitation Genevy made a quick right and took off in that direction towards a 7-Eleven as she wanted to make a quick pit-stop before heading home. Anyways, Genevy assumed she was in the clear and slowed down her steps and let her guard down, but she suddenly felt a rough tug from behind due to someone pulling on the strap of her bag. It prevented her from taking another step forward and guard went back up. Genevy tentatively took a glance over her shoulder and saw that it was Yuta as he shot her a sweet smile.

"Hi." He greeted her brightly with a wave, but still kept a hold of the strap. "This is a really nice bag, especially of the Rilakkuma on it."

"Um, yeah thanks."

Genevy tried to tug her bag from out of his grip, but Yuta held onto the pink strap firmly.

"This looks awfully familiar from a few weeks ago."

"Right. I'm sure others have the same thing."

"Mmhmm." Yuta hummed, but continued to gaze sweetly at Genevy.

"So, why did you leave so early? You only sang once."

"Yeah, karaoke isn't my thing. That's more of Skyler and Katherine's thing. Esther, Jasmine, and Everly convinced me to come."

"Oh, so you didn't want to come in the first place?"

"Well, not really. It was supposed to be a girls' night out, but Skyler just had to do whatever it is that she always does."

Genevy answered as she tried again to get her bag out of Yuta's grip, but she failed again.

"Is there a reason why you're keeping me here and not letting me go?"

Yuta smiled with a nod.

"Yeah."

"Which is?"

Yuta the pink strap with a playful smile upon his face. Genevy had a feeling that what happened at Skyler's masquerade birthday party was gonna come up.

"Shall we dance?"

At first Genevy was confused until it clicked that Yuta was referencing to the song that they had danced to at Skyler's party. Now she really wanted to escape.

"I, um, yeah, no."

She twirled around to jerk her bag from out of Yuta's grasp, but in the process she had misstep breaking one of her low heels. While trying to correct her steps she ended up stumbling backwards and landed on her . Yuta watched all of this go down with a shocked yet amused expression. He suppressed a laugh while turning his head the other way so that she wouldn't notice him laughing at her misfortune as she stood back up. He didn't mean to, but he had to admit that it was kinda funny in its own way.

Anyways, Genevy let out an inaudible sound upon realizing her situation in the middle of Hongdae's streets during the night time and with her co-worker. She let out a deep sigh while picking up the broken piece of the heel with her left hand. She knew she shouldn't have listened to Skyler and the other girls in wearing the heels. It really wasn't her thing, but she assumed it was all for a fun night out that it was okay to just deal with it. Now she had to deal with Yuta and a broken heel. She avoided looking at Yuta feeling even more embarrassed about it all and turned away to walk off. Yuta noticed and called out to her once again.

"Hey, Genevy, wait up."

He ran to catch up to her and moved to block her path with a charming smile. Genevy just stare at him before casting him a suspicious look when he turned around with his back facing her, squatted down, and held out his hands in a way for her to get on his back while glancing over his shoulder at her with a warm smile.

"Um, what are you doing?"

She questioned him while he answered her with an obvious tone.

"Giving you a piggyback ride."

"Why?"

"Because you can't walk around like that."

"I'm fine, Yuta. I just need to get to a shoe store and buy new ones."

"I'll take you there by carrying you then."

"Uh, no thanks."

She awkwardly walked around him due to the unevenness of the heels and continued to her previous destination like nothing was wrong. Yuta once again blocked her path and offered his back towards her once more. Genevy ignored his offered once more by walking pass him again. Just as she thought that he had gotten the hint that she wasn't interested she suddenly felt a hand wrap around her forearm and swung her around to come face to face with a not amused Yuta.

Just as she was about to say something she caught the smirk that immediately appeared upon his face before he crouched down and lifted up her left foot to quickly remove the broken heel shoe from it. After doing so, Yuta stood up right again and casually tossed the damaged heel into a nearby trashcan. His attention returned to Genevy with a satisfied grin gracing his lips. Genevy's jaws dropped at what he did as she was unable to form any words to say anything.

"Okay, now you're left with no choice, but to accept my piggyback ride." Yuta informed her as he sat on his heels with his back offered to her once again.

Genevy pushed him away from her.

"No way. You took my shoe and just threw it away without my permission."

"I'll buy you a new pair."

"There's no reason for you to buy me a new pair."

Yuta let out an annoyed sigh as he swiftly turned around and lifted up her right foot to remove the regular heel from there as well. He stood back up and once again tossed it into the same trashcan like he did the other half. Yuta cast her a a smug smile as Genevy stared at him with her jaw slightly dropped.

"Now there's a reason for me to buy you a new one."

"I can't believe you just did that."

Genevy tossed the broken heel piece at him out of frustration which didn't phase Yuta at all as the small item fell to the concrete floor.

"Why would you even do something like that?"

"Because I can. Now," He gazed at her with a mischievous smirk, "Do you want a piggyback ride or should I carry you bridal style? Your call."

"Could, you, like, change, the, way, your, hands, are, placed, around, my, neck?"

Yuta struggled in-between breaths due to the way Genevy's grip was around his neck as she relented in the male to give her a piggyback ride instead of being held bridal style. Also, she didn't want to be too close and opted for a weird position leaving her to unintentionally choke the male as he carried her on his back. Genevy re-positioned herself so that she was slightly leaning forward with her arms draped over his shoulders instead of her hands around his neck. Yuta craned his neck from side to side now that he could breathed properly. His ears perked up when he heard singing coming from his left side.

~Actually, I just want a moment beyond the future, I feel so lonely when I'm dying to see you~

Although having heard Yuta suggest the new position, Genevy was still lost in her own thoughts not really caring about her current situation. To distract herself from being in this situation in the first place and this close to Yuta, she had unconsciously sang out loud her favorite part to the song of Flower's Crimson Dress that's been stuck in her head for a month or so now since it's release.

~Loneliness becomes more painful with a cold and chilling night life, my tears flow through my deep darkness~

She continued not realizing that Yuta could hear her, especially when he was able to actually understand the lyrics. At first he had thought Genevy was maybe trying to communicate with him in

Please log in to read the full chapter