1/1

truth or dare.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I like you, Junmyeon.” 

 

Yifan stares at the shorter male in front of him, witnessing his eyes going wide and then, something odd happens. The nerd is blushing. Yifan wasn’t expecting this at all. He then finds himself being captivated by how he looks with those pink-tinted cheeks.

 

His friends are watching silently behind the bookshelves and when Junmyeon parts his mouth, they hold their breaths.  

 

“Actually... I like you too.”  

 

Yifan’s heart strangely skips a beat while his friends let out a muted gasp. Without thinking, he presses a quick peck against Junmyeon’s lips, the nerd blinking rapidly with surprise. Yifan’s friends switch looks of bafflement, each of their mouths wide open.

 

The shorter male adjusts his glasses once Yifan leans away, his vision fixing on the ground. Yifan continues to stare wordlessly, wondering what he has done. No one knows Yifan has a tiny crush on Junmyeon except for Yifan himself.  

 

It started in high school.  

 

As soon as his eyes land on Junmyeon on the first day of school, there’s something about the male which gets his attention. He hasn’t noticed at first but as months pass by, there isn’t a day he hasn’t stopped taking secret glances at Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon is the class president, his uniform neatly ironed and tie always in place. Yifan is the total opposite. He doesn’t remember the school rules being this tight in his hometown. Junmyeon is known to be friendly to everyone despite being in different classes.  

 

The strange thing is, Junmyeon hasn’t talked to him at all. Not even once. The class president will scold his friends in that sweet voice of his to tuck their shirts, trim their hair short and be neat but not him. Junmyeon will only take one glance at Yifan and he disappears the second Yifan blinks.

 

Yifan wonders why at first but then, he brushes it off, not wanting to investigate it further. He likes it this way anyway. 

 

There was a day Yifan caught in a fight during recess until he blacks out. Junmyeon is the first person he sees in the infirmary. “What happened?” Those two words bring so much joy to Yifan because Junmyeon is talking to him.

 

He tells the class president the truth and to his surprise, Junmyeon believes. The male even informs he will report it to the principle. The next day, he doesn’t get any punishments and his friends applaud him for that but... 

 

Junmyeon hasn’t talked to him ever since then. 

 

Yifan honestly feels hurt but he lets it be. 

 

Now that they’re in the same university, taking the same classes most of the time and standing right in front of each other, Yifan feels like he’s back in high school again.  

 

“Are you free this Friday?” 

 

Junmyeon nods curtly. “I’ll see you at your dorm after your class ends,” Yifan speaks again, hoping the shorter will look at him. Junmyeon does look at him seconds later. His smile comes out so shy and Yifan swears he goes a little weak at the sight.

 

“Here’s my number,” Yifan doesn’t want to end up staring at him like a creep as he fishes out his phone from his pocket. Junmyeon does the same and hands it over to the taller. After Junmyeon leaves with a shy wave, Yifan’s friends start to bombard him with questions but the male doesn’t answer until he drags them out of the library.

 

“Why the hell did you kiss him?”

 

Yifan shrugs nonchalantly, not wanting anyone to know how he feels for Junmyeon, “Just felt like doing it.” His friends look at their selves again before to Yifan, “Well, be prepared. Let’s play another round and we’ll make you lose again.” Yifan rolls his eyes. These idiots will never leave him alone, won’t they? 

 

+++

 

It has been weeks. Just like his friends predicted, he lost the game again so he has to do another dare. Have Junmyeon tutor him at least two times a day within a week. They meet regularly because of that and Yifan thinks he’s falling deep for Junmyeon quite fast because he never thought the nerd will be so cute and so perfect.

 

Everything Junmyeon does has Yifan squealing inside.  

 

Whenever Junmyeon helps with his assignment, he will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter