Final

Emergency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, I didn't proof read so I'm sorry for any mistakes. I hope you like it though!

-

“Hey, miss. Are you ok?” 

She snaps out of her thoughts when she hears the question. Was she ok? She doesn’t think so. But she wasn’t about to tell that to a total stranger in a coffee shop who’s just asking out of politeness.

“Yes, I’m fine. Sorry, did you say something before?” She gives the best smile she can muster and looks at the person who talked to her.

 A girl. An extremely beautiful girl with long dark hair and expensive looking clothes. Wendy has to blink to check if the girl is actually in front of her or she’s imagining stuff. When she blinks three times and the girl is still there she convinces herself she’s not going crazy, this insanely gorgeous girl is really there. She didn’t think her mind would be able to imagine such a beautiful person out of nowhere anyway.

“Yeah, I asked if I could sit here. The place is kinda crowded” The girl motions to the rest of the shop and yes, it is full of people. Probably college students looking for free WiFi, Wendy guesses.

“Of course! You can sit here” Wendy said as fast as she could. Now she felt guilty for occupying a whole table.

“You sure you’re ok though?” The girl asks while sitting. Then she stares at Wendy and suddenly the blonde girl feels self conscious. “I know I’m a total stranger but when we have a problem, talking with someone helps AND if it’s something embarrassing, I can assure you I’m just visiting someone here and I’ll leave today so you probably won’t see me ever again”

Wendy is about to reassure the girl she’s fine, but then the girl smiles and wow she has a really nice smile.

And that’s what it takes for her to tell the girl what’s bothering her.

 

“So... Tell me how it was!” Seulgi asked as soon as Wendy walked through the door.

Wendy doesn’t know. The date was supposed to be good. It was good, but not in the way she expected to be. Eric was nice, so very nice. He treated her with respect, he was interesting, funny, handsome! A total catch. Many girls in her office were into him, she could say even her liked to entertain herself with the idea of dating someone as nice as Eric, he certainly checked all the boxes in her criteria of The Perfect Special Someone. So when he asked her out and told her his intentions with her were serious, she felt privileged. But now, after their first date, realizing he was already planning the next one she’s actually feeling guilty. The date was very pleasant. They went out, they talked, they kissed, but she felt… nothing. Nothing she wouldn’t feel for a college, an acquaintance. She didn’t feel nervous, she heart didn’t go faster. She felt nothing.  Actually, she did felt something: Boredom.

“It was… good” It was all she was able to say.

“Was it really? You don’t sound so excited” There was no reason to try to lie to Seulgi. They were friends for years and they shared an apartment. She could she right through Wendy.

“It’s just... I didn’t feel anything, you know? Wasn’t I supposed to feel something at least when we kissed? Why can’t I feel it, Seulgi?” She started walking around the living room. She hoped she didn’t look as exasperated as she felt. She knew it wasn’t a big deal, catching feelings for someone was not a straight line, but she had hopes, expectations and she didn’t meet any of them.

“Ah, I see” Seulgi scratched her head smiling sympathetic at Wendy. “I haven’t been in a date in a long time, but I’m sure that even if it didn’t work out with Eric you will find something who will make you feel things!”

“Actually, i agreed to go out with him again...” Seulgi looked at her confused. Wendy was expecting this reaction. Her friend believed in romance, she believed if two people were meant to be together, they’d click instantly and they’d feel it. Wendy used to believe in that too, but her romantic life has been such a disaster that she can’t afford to believe it anymore. “Hey, don’t look at me like that! He’s a great guy and I know he likes me! And maybe it’ll just take a little while for me to on the same page, but I’m sure it’ll happen.”

“Are you really?”

“No! Shut up, Seulgi! At least I have a love life now, all you do is work and sleep and it’s depressing, I don’t wanna be like that” As soon as the words left she regretted it. Just because she was confused and distressed about her love life it didn’t mean she should lash on her best friend.

“Ouch. Ok, you’re right, it’s not my place to say anything” Seulgi looked dejected and it was all Wendy’s fault. She, more than anyone, knew her friend had her reasons to not going out with anyone. Seulgi had a really bad break up and after that she just closed herself off to relationships and Wendy shouldn’t be throwing that on her face. She felt like she just kicked a puppy.

“Listen, Seulgi. I’m sor-“

“No, it’s fine, I’m going to bed”

And just like that the night that was supposed to be amazing it turned out to be a freaking disaster.

-

“Wow, you were kind of mean to your friend” The girl, Sooyoung as she told Wendy, said after the blonde told her story. “I never would’ve guessed you’d had that in you.” Wendy looks at her with a face that must have been pretty funny because Sooyoung starts laughing hard when she sees it. “I mean, I know we’ve just met, but you look as harmless as a cute puppy or a hamster”

“You’re not helping!” The blonde blushes and crosses her arms to try to look intimidating, but seeing Sooyoung’s face as she does it, Wendy realizes her gesture wasn’t helping, the dark-haired girl was trying to contain her laugh.

The blonde is thankful for the girl though. It had been a week since her first date with Eric, a week since her ‘argument’ with Seulgi. Since then she went out with Eric again, but, like the first time, she could only feel boredom. This time they not only kissed, but made out for a while. She can’t say he’s a bad kisser, he’s decent enough, and after debating with herself she got to the conclusion the problem must be her so since she can’t talk about it with her best friend because she’s been avoiding her for the past week, it was nice to talk with someone, even if the someone is a stranger who’s clearly making fun of her.

“Do you want anything else?” Someone asks approaching the table. It’s a guy. The barista, if Wendy is not mistaken. She starts asking herself why the barista would walk all the way through their table just to ask if they want something else. That’s not how this coffee shop works or is it? Her internal question is answered when Sooyoung gives the guy a smile and Wendy can see him swoon over it. He didn’t go there to ask if they wanted something, he went there to ask if Sooyoung wanted something.

“Not really, but thank you, you’re very thoughtful” Sooyoung says while giving the guy a blink. Wendy can see the barista swooning before excusing himself. She can’t blame him though, the girl in front of her clearly has her way to make people swoon over her. “Really though, will you keep going out with him just because he’s nice?” Sooyoung asks still laughing a bit. “That’s awfully sad, for you and him”

“And you are awfully honest, aren’t you?”

“Well” The dark haired girl smiles again and for a moment Wendy curses her for having such a pretty smile, pretty and distracting. “It’s one of my charms, besides my obvious beautiful face, of course.”

Wendy snorts and the girl winks at her. She didn’t really like cocky people, but the girl in front of her could put it off so well that the blonde couldn’t even bring herself to mind. And it was not like Sooyoung was lying, she had indeed a very beautiful face.

“But let’s be serious, you should be honest with this guy. You might not be feeling anything when you’re with him, but he obviously feels something when he’s with you.” Sooyoung gets up from her chair and gives Wendy a very serious look. Wow, is that what people call a lady killer? “And… Apologize. To. Your. Friend. I think everyone should take friendship very seriously and what you said to your friend wasn’t nice and she got hurt. So apologize or else.”

“Are you threatening me?” Wendy asks wide eyed.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” The other girl says as she walks away.

-

As much as Wendy hated to admit, Sooyoung was right. She had to tell Eric how she was feeling or rather how she wasn’t feeling. And mostly, she had to apologize to Seulgi. It’s been two days since her talk with the pretty stranger and she still didn’t have the chance to talk with her best friend since Seulgi has been incredibly busy with her work these days. She leaves their apartment before Wendy even wakes up and comes back when Wendy’s already asleep. But Wendy is determined, she will talk to Seulgi today. And with Eric. She has another date with him, they’re going to dinner in a nice restaurant and, while he’s extremely excited about this date, Wendy is dreading the idea of it. How is she supposed to tell him she doesn’t feel anything when she’s with him? She doesn’t know, but she will do it. He’s too nice for her to be playing with his feelings.

And after she talks with Eric she’ll go home and wait for Seulgi to get there. She’ll apologize and everything will be fine.

That’s what Wendy is hoping.

“You know what you’re gonna order?” Eric asks. They’re already at the restaurant and Wendy is regretting not talking to him before they get there. There are many couples being lovey-dovey around them, she’s sure this isn’t the right place to tell him what she wants to.

“Ah, not really” She takes a deep breath. It’s now or never. She can do this. “A-actually, I have something to tell you”

“You do?” And suddenly he’s smiling really bright. Why is he smiling? “I have something to tell you too, but you can go first.”

“No, you can tell me what you want first. Please” It’s the least she can do.

“Ok, so I’ve been enjoying our dates so far and you know I really like you, right?” Oh, no. He’s not going to do what Wendy think he’s about to do, right? “And I think you like me too, so what I’m trying to say is… Wendy, will you be my g-”

“Wendy! It’s so nice to see you after so long!”

Wait, that voice? It can be. Wendy must be imagining things. There’s no way Sooyoung is there in the same restaurant as her, saving her from what would be the most awkward moment of her life, right?

Wendy turned her head and… Yep, that’s Sooyoung right there, standing in all her beauty.

“Sooyoung? W-what are you doing here?” It was all she could bring herself to ask.

The dark haired girl takes her hand and makes her stand up. And suddenly she’s invaded with a sweet scent. Sooyoung is hugging her. Wendy doesn’t know why, but it feels really good. Maybe she really needed a hug.

“I’m saving you from his confession, you’re welcome” Sooyoung whispers on her ear. “Now play along!”

When they pull apart Wendy still doesn’t know what to do. She keeps looking from Sooyoung to Eric, unable to say anything. The girl in front of her told her to play along, but she has no idea how.

“A-are you two exes or something?” Eric asks looking at them with a confused face.

“Oh, no, no” Wendy answers quickly. Exes? Where the hell did this come from? “She’s just…”

“A friend. I’m long time friend” Sooyoung says. “Hi, I’m Joy.”

“Friends? I’m sorry, I thought I had felt some tension between you too” Eric says with a nervous chuckle. “Nice to meet you, Joy. I’m Eric.”

“So…”

“So…”

Both Wendy and Eric said at the same time. Wendy didn’t really have anything to say, she just wanted to easy the awkward atmosphere.

“Wendy, can you help me with something in the bathroom? I just realized I have an emergency” Sooyoung finally says, saving Wendy once again.

“What? What kind of emergency?” Eric says looking at them. Wendy can tell he was suspicious of something.

“It’s period related, you wouldn’t understand” Sooyoung says dragging Wendy to the bathroom and leaving a stunned Eric apologizing to the wind.

Once they’re on the bathroom Sooyoung starts laughing. Wendy has no idea why, because, for her, the situation they’re in right now is absolutely not funny. Eric was about to ask her to be his girlfriend right when she was about to say she doesn’t feel anything when she’s with him! That’s not funny at all!

“Why aren’t you laughing?” Sooyoung asks recovering her breath from laughing too much. “Did you see his face when I told him the emergency was period related? Men absolutely freak out when we remind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter