fin

Who Are You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Noo!!!"

 

 

 

Heechul screamed on top of his lungs when the scene happened in front of him in a rapid second. His heart was racing, each of the thump carrying undefined pain. He couldn't even bring himself up even when many people had been crowding around the person. All he knew was his eyes were hazy and... Teary.

Why was he crying?

 

 

 

He slowly rose with the help of some people who came to assist him. His legs were about to give up when he trudged to the mob. The pain in his leg as it hit the side road when this person pushed him earlier was overridden by the strong urge to know who he was.

And why was he doing that?

 

 

 

"Sir, do you know him? Is he your friend?"

One of the people surrounding the man turned to him with the question that he also wanted to answer. And he thought he knew the answer.

 

 

 

"I don't know him."

 

 

 

 

 

-]]-[[-

 

 

 

 

 

The medics came slightly late for the traffic was unfortunately jam-packed. Heechul couldn't peel his eyes off the person, sitting inside the ambulance beside the man he, up until now, couldn't recognize who. Correct, he didn't know who this man was.

But why did his tears keep falling?

 

 

 

"What happened?" asked the nurse cautiously.

He only gave her a look although he eventually answered as best as he could given the current state of him—unstable and utterly shocked.

"I... I don't know. All I can remember is that I was about to cross the street when a car speeded from my right and... Someone pushed me hard from behind."

 

 

 

The lady inhaled a long breath as she tried to attach some strange medics tools to the man. Heechul could only wonder why this person jeopardized his life just to save him—a complete stranger. 

 

 

 

He hesitantly held the man's hand and whispered almost inaudibly.

"Who are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

-]]-[[-

 

 

 

 

 

It had been almost three hours since the person was taken by the doctor to the operation room because it turned out that he was in a critical condition. Heechul still couldn't proceed any of this because this morning, he was planning to go to the art gallery, like he always did every Saturday. No—he was not an artsy or cultural man. He made sure to regularly go to the gallery because he always received a letter from someone he never met. The letter was always left on the front desk of the gallery.

 

 

 

It started three months ago when his friend was one of the artists whose works were exhibited in this gallery. He came to show his support but ending up with him being stopped by the staff because apparently since that day, he gained a secret admirer. He never tried to sneakily meet or investigate who the person was because the idea of them building up the connection before they met was thrilling. 

 

 

He would never forget what the first letter said.

[Who are you?]

 

 

 

"Heechul."

Heechul lifted his head and repeated to the bewildered staff in front of him at that time.

"Kim Heechul. Tell this person that my name is Kim Heechul."

 

 

 

 

 

-]]-[[-

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Heechul?"

 

 

 

Heechul snapped his head up when the doctor suddenly called his name. For a moment, he doubted that this doctor really mentioned his name and he meant his, not the other person who coincidentally had the exact same name because as far as he remembered, he never told anyone form the medic about who he was. He stared at the doctor for a few seconds before the man in the white suit approached him impatiently.

 

 

 

"Are you Kim Heechul, Sir? We don't have much time left."

Heechul eventually nodded and the doctor suddenly grabbed his hand and pulled him out of his ward. He had no choice but to follow.

 

 

 

 

 

-]]-[[-

 

 

 

 

 

"He wants to meet you."

The doctor stated with a low sigh and an unreadable look on his face when they finally arrived in front of the operation room. Heechul frowned.

"Who?"

"The man who saved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter