The Interview: You & Me

Se Joon & Yoon Jae's Couple Interview

The staffs of The Skin Deep channel were chattering loudly with each other while setting up their equipments for today's shooting. They were excited and slightly nervous as today's guest were special. 

The two guests had both acted in a highly controversial movie 3 years ago and their real life journey were documented perfectly in that movie named Eclipse (Cutter). 

It was not easy to gain their approval to appear on this channel and they agreed only with a specific condition. The staffs were sighing nervously knowing the condition could result to their loss but they hoped it will be all worth it in the end. At least they could meet these two good-looking men with their own eyes. 

The loud chattering sounds instantly died down as soon as a young man wearing the card name 'Intern' on his chest, ran into the set hurriedly while exclaiming 'They are here! They are here!' while pointing outside. 

The director, a plump man with a beret on his head stood up to greet the two man that entered the studio. His hands slightly trembled when he shook hands with them. How can't he?

Both of them conveyed different kind of intimidating aura, not the kind of making people feel fearful but the kind of oozing respect. Maybe this also was due to his own nerves playing in that crucial time where he was dealing with two important people for today's video. 

(For outfit, refer cover page)👍

The first one to enter is Se Joon, who was wearing a dress shirt with mixture of blue, white and some fancy spiral design, walked in, bringing in the air of overflowing confidence judging from his serious all-business face, with his brown leather shoes. He looked fancy with his black hair slicked to the side and this shall be expected from a man who managed his own business. 

Following Se Joon, Yoon Jae walked in with less intimidating and more friendly aura as his outfit was more casual with blue cardigan paired with white shirt underneath. He immediately smiled and bowed his head a little everytime his eyes met the eyes of the staffs around them. The female staffs could't help feeling jittery seeing his small smile due to his cute baby face but their smile immediately vanished when looking at Se Joon's serious face when he nodded curtly towards them. 

The director directed them to the two chairs placed in front of the camera facing each other, separated by a white table. He gave a cue to his staff that will be introducing the guests and remained behind the camera, to start once he found both Se Joon and Yoon Jae were ready. 

"Hello everyone. Today we are pleased to be able to have a long-term couple coming to our set and agreed to be featured in this video. I'm Shane and I will be interviewing the hottest couple who had acted in highly popular movie, Eclipse to join us. Let's start with introducing each other to the camera." 

The camera focused on the two couple beaming happily towards each other and to the camera. The professionalism between them was undeniable as his all-sunshine expression contrasted heavily than his earlier serious expression. 

"Hello. My name is Lee Se Joon and this is my life partner, Sung Yoon Jae. We're both 30 years old. We're a couple and we wanted to thank The Skin Deep channel for allowing us to appear in their video. Yoon Jae?"

"Now that you have introduced me, I don't know what to say anymore. I'm also happy to be here." Said Yoon Jae sheepishly. 

"You can tell them about our occupation or anything else. You can also inform them about our movie for those who did not know. Whatever you want, babe". Yoon Jae blushed a little hearing the endearment term used by Se Joon. He did call him babe when they were alone but it felt different when he used it in front of other people. 

"Okay. I'm a movie production Masters student by day and an illustrator by night. At first, I followed my mother's wish for me to become a doctor but after she died, I had no desire to become one anymore so I just took whatever I want. I think that's all about me. About the movie, I hope you guys can go watch it on Youtube as it is available there so that you can know more about us. If you don't want to, it's okay too. As long as you watch this video until the end, I'm happy."

Hearing that, some of the staffs behind the camera were smiling widely. They could not help but adore Yoon Jae due to his honest opinion and thoughtful demeanor as he was kind enough to promote the video. They suddenly felt deep amount of respect towards him. 

"Since I'm a businessman, I'm not that pure and modest as Yoon Jae so I'm going to promote the movie anyway. We acted in the best movie in the whole world, Eclipse so if you had not watch the movie, go and watch it to support the company production's channel. Don't worry. 100 percent satisfaction was guaranteed by me." 

"What if they did not like it? What will you do?" Yoon Jae raised his right eyebrow teasingly towards Se Joon. 

"If not, I will act out kiss scene with you and posted it on my Instagram. To be honest, I think they will only complain about the lack of kiss scene anyway" said Se Joon smiling teasingly since it takes two to tango anyway. 

"Why are you involving me? Only you promised them. I did not." Yoon Jae pouted. 

"We promised to be together till death do us part. So, we should together serve the punishment. Are you trying to break your promise, babe?" Se Joon smirked. Yoon Jae rolled his eyes but said Okay silently. Se Joon patted Yoon Jae's shoulder with slight caressing and smiling widely.

"Great! Now can you tell us about the movie? What the movie is about? How did it all started?" Truthfully Shane hate to interfere the previous cute interaction but he need to fulfill his job to ask the questions posted by the fans of the movie in their fans forum. To be honest, he was curious as well.

"I'll leave it to Yoon Jae. He's good in  explaining things." said Se Joon smiling while Yoon Jae gritted his teeth. Se Joon's intention to give him more screen time was too obvious. 

"Basically, the movie is about how we met and how we turned from friends to lovers. This movie was produced by Se Joon's friend who owned a production company. At first, we did not want to because we thought that our story will not gain much attention as we were not celebrities but his friend insisted that our story is worth producing so in return, we volunteered to act in this movie."

"Does the movie reflected completely what both of you had gone through or there are certain scenes that were added up to increase the impact to the audiences?" Shane asked, he was honestly curious. He had done his research but he found no answer that could satisfy his curiosity. 

"I would say, 80% of them is true but the other 20% is not completely false. What I mean is that the 20% is added from the true story as you said, to make the audiences captivated with our characters." Se Joon answered with Yoon Jae nodding along. 

"May I know what are the 20% that does not form part of your true life story?" Shane asked again.

"It was the scene where Se Joon In Yong. It was not true but the part where he tried to make her passed out by pressing pillow on her face is true. In Yong did passed out and she did not die because of that. In Yong died only 3 years ago because of heart attack. Other scene is the last scene where Se Joon asked me to tell him the truth. It did not happen. He only asked me to live well." Said Yoon Jae. He felt relieved now that he managed to explain the truth to the viewers.

"I understand. It was important to make the audience to have conflicted feelings with Se Joon so that they will understand why it is difficult for Yoon Jae to accept him." Shane nodded but was stopped by Se Joon. 

"There is another scene where Se Joon said Yoon Jae's father can help him. In reality, Yoon Jae's father had died since his birth. I just want clarify that as some fans thought that we were childhood friends since I knew Yoon Jae's father but it's not."

"I see. Another question that we received is that why are the hints of possible love interest between you guys was so subtle that many audiences said they had missed it until they read other people's comments about the movie. Why is that so?" Said Shane. 

"It is because we are releasing it in Korea where it is a conservative country. The truth is I was trying to conceal my feelings to Yoon Jae at that time and Yoon Jae was too occupied with taking care of his mother that he has no time to think of it. So, I'm really proud of those viewers who managed to find out those little details when we ourselves could not figure out our feelings at that time." Se Joon answered. His eyes were shining brightly showing his honest pride in his fans who truly enjoyed the movie.

"True. I'm impressed too. There are two scenes in particular that I would never had thought of to be the sign of Se Joon liking me. They could be a detective any day." Said Yoon Jae smiling widely. Se Joon could not help taking Yoon Jae's hands in his and smiled as well. Of course, the female staffs who were also their indiscreet fans immediately took pictures of that cute moment.

"How cute! Erm sorry. What are those two scenes, Yoon Jae ssi?" Shane said fanning himself. It was hard focusing on a couple that was so into each other. He should deserve a raise after this as he had also done a research on what formal name can he use to address his two guests. This high level of dedication should be rewarded. 

"There are two scenes which are....." Said Yoon Jae.

The first scene: 

Yoon Jae: She said hi to you. Why didn't you reply to her?"

Se Joon: I'm talking to you right now. She can wait. 

The second scene:

Yoon Jae: Why did no one ever sat beside us in the canteen?

Se Joon: Because I'll get annoyed. No one is allowed to sit beside me. 

Yoon Jae: Is it because of hygienic reasons? How about me? 

Se Joon: Just sit here. Ignore them. 

"From there, the fans said it was obvious because Se Joon had treated me very differently than others, he must have liked me during that time or that I am the first person that he ever tolerated." 

"Yeah. You were quite dense before, babe. That's why I need to express my love to him in words so that he can understand." said Se Joon. God knows he never minded how dense Yoon Jae could be. Knowing the amount of care and love that Yoon Jae had put and showed to him over the years is enough to quench his ego for a lifetime.

"Alright. This is the end of our first session. I hope this will answer all the speculations and questions from the audiences regarding the movie. Don't worry. We will proceed with second session where we will ask personal questions regarding their married life but I will not be the one interviewing them. They will read the cards placed on the table. For example, if Se Joon is the one reading it out, then Yoon Jae must answer it." Shane smiled. Feeling relieved that he could finally laid back and watch these two lovebird's interactions in peace. 

"Don't we have any game some sort like if Yoon Jae refused to answer, then he need to serve some punishment?" Se Joon asked. He afraid that it will not be fun for the viewers to watch once it is released plus he wanted to tease Yoon Jae some more. Yoon Jae pouted unhappily at Se Joon's response. He just want to go back home faster and sleep. 

"Yes. Of course. If one of you unwilling to answer, then they need to drink the lemon juice with no sugar. Whoever who answers the most gets to ask the other person to grant their wish. We can always change the rule if you want." Shane answered. He wanted to laugh looking at Yoon Jae's hilarious sudden change of reaction. Even though he looked relieved after listening the first sentence, he looked so defeated when hearing the second sentence. 

"Well, it's okay, I guess. How about you, Yoon Jae?" Se Joon smiled. Yoon Jae knew instantly that Se Joon's smile was not a good sign. That man clearly knew what he had got himself into unlike Yoon Jae. Yoon Jae nodded anyway. He will take the small chances of him winning. 

"Alright. I think Yoon Jae ssi can start first." Shane seated himself comfortably behind the camera while rubbing his palms. He knew this was going to be a good footage. 

"Okay. The first question is.. this is quite cheesy though. (Yoon Jae looked at Shane as if asking for mercy, not wanting to read the question but immediately continued when Se Joon proceed in attempting to take the card in Yoon Jae's hand) okay, okay. What do you love about me?" Yoon Jae grimaced in cringiness. Man, he could feel his stomach turning but Se Joon's smirk clearly meant that his misery amuses him.

"Everything about you, babe. You look great, your cooking is great, you're great in academics and you're great in bed. I have nothing that I don't love about you."

"Are you mocking me or something? I'm nearly 30 with no decent job, I don't know how to cook to save my life and I'm sure many people out there that are great in bed because really, all you need is experience. I'm a complete opposite of you, really." 

"I'm just saying that because you won't trust me if I say I like you no matter what, babe. Seriously though, as long as it's you, everything is great. You have no job, I have a job. If you can't cook, I will cook or we can order takeout. You're great in bed, I taught you. Simple." Se Joon smiled to Yoon Jae who clearly looked he wanted to say more but Se Joon beaten him to that by taking another card. 

"No more argument. Second question, if there is one thing that you can change about me, what would it be and why? Wow, moving on are we. What says you, dear?" Se Joon chuckled. Clearly, the staff thought carefully before setting up the questions. Yoon Jae smirked.

"Your looks." 

"What? Why would you want to change my looks babe?" Se Joon did look offended but man, he thought Yoon Jae was satisfied with his looks. 

"So that you will look uglier than me. You got girls flirting with you all the time. You must be so proud of yourself." Yoon Jae raised one of his eyebrows towards Se Joon which he responds with a smirk. 

"Nope. This face ain't going to last forever. My bad personality will last forever and the only one who can stand them is you. So, I'm going to stay with you forever. Don't even think of running away." Se Joon looked at Yoon Jae so seriously that Yoon Jae could do nothing but laughed nervously.

"I'm kidding. Everything about you, I like. Nothing I want to change"

"Really? Why do you like everything about me? I though you hate me because I like teasing you a lot."

"At least you pay attention to me. You never tease other people though especially your sister. It's so unfair."

"Great. Now acknowledge my bed skills."

"Suddenly? No need. You already have so much pride in that area. Why bother increasing it?" Yoon Jae shook his head sighing while Se Joon laughed. He took the next card and read it.

"The third question is do you have any advices for couples to make their relationship last for a long time? Oh, man. To be honest, our relationship had only reached 10 years and it is not that good. I don't think we are in the position of giving advices."

"10 years is a long time, babe. Truthfully, we follow no rules to a good relationship whatsoever but my father once told me, follow your heart in things you cannot control. Just do what you feels right. For us, Yoon Jae is often the goody two shoes while I'm causing trouble so I will tell him what kind of trouble I'm getting into so that he will stop worrying. I just think it's the right thing to do so I did that. You're the person who knows your partner best after all." Se Joon's answer clearly was for the camera but never once did his eyes strayed from Yoon Jae. 

"True. Communicating is good too. I think you should just do anything that you think might works. At least both of you must try and make an effort. " Yoon Jae said.

His relationship with Se Joon was never bed of roses and he got the whole whole world knowing that ( I meant those who watched the movie) that he often wondered how they could manage to stay together despite all that and he knows the answer. It's because they both tried to make it work. And this fact makes him forever thankful to Se Joon. 

"Yeah. Next question, what do you want ourselves to be in the next 10 years?"

"Older and wiser." YoonJae replied shortly.

"Babe, that answer was too short. Try again."

"I don't know really. I don't have anything that I want to achieve at the moment or in the future other than my Masters but I will hopefully get it next year. What about you?"

"Drink the lemon juice, Shelby. Our fans will not be satisfied with your answer." Se Joon shook his head with a small smile and everyone could see the small snide remark that he threw in teasingly.

"How about you then? What do you want us to do in the next 10 years?"

"I want to travel around the world with you."

"Really? I'd love that. Fyi, we did travel a lot whenever long holiday comes but mostly to Korea as it is our first home. In Korea, we usually went back to visit Se Joon's family which are his mother and older sister while mine is to visit my mother's grave and take care of the house."

"True. That's what we did every time going back to Korea. Alright, it's your turn, babe."

"The fifth question is how do you know that I am the one for you? My my, this is like the newlyweds game all over again."

"Truthfully, I knew it from the first moment I saw Yoon Jae. I never treated any person kindly in school or like a friend but I did to Yoon Jae immediately after knowing him. That's how I knew that what I felt about him is different and I trust him" 

"Yes. I knew his feelings towards me also was not because he confessed to me but rather my friend pointed it out to me. He told me that nobody dared to be friends with Se Joon before much less sitting next to him. He was so scary in high school." Yoon Jae said. He got warm feeling in his heart thinking back of previous times.  

"Next, who confessed to who and how? Actually we received this question 90% of the time we met people who watched our movie because it was not covered in it."

"I have one up against Yoon Jae on this. You guys may not believe it but Yoon Jae confessed first to me and not me confessing to him." Se Joon said with smug expression on his face. He had enough of people saying Yoon Jae is a passive lover but nah, here the facts are. He was the one who got them together. Se Joon couldn't help feeling proud.

"Yeah. I said I like you first to Se Joon but he was the one who said I love you first. So we are even. Now tell them how." Yoon Jae patted Se Joon's hands signing to continue but Se Joon grabbed his hands and kept holding them instead. Yoon Jae was surprised but he could not dismiss the fuzzy feeling inside after that.

"When I got out of prison, I was determined to get a part time job while studying for my degree. It was hard to find one with my bad record but thankfully I found one. I was offered with scholarship too but it was in America so I asked Yoon Jae whether I should go or not. He answered nothing as he was still angry with me so I lied and told him that I'm going to America. Then, he sent me a message saying that he likes me and begs me not to leave him. And that was the sweetest thing he ever said to me." Se Joon beamed at Yoon Jae. 

"I didn't beg. I just said please think it over." Yoon Jae pouted.

"It's really similar to begging, babe." Se Joon chuckled while holding Yoon Je's chin. Behind the camera, almost all the female staffs were clutching their heart afraid that it would fall out from its place.

"Alright. Whatever you say. Faster read the next question." Yoon Jae said that just to stop Se Joon from teasing him. Man, he need to find a way to stop Se Joon from winning against him.

"Oho. I love this question. How often in a week should we have ?"

Se Joon smirked reading the question while Yoon Jae's eyes felt like it was about to fall off from its sockets. He was blushing  furiously. How can he answer that in front of the camera where everyone can hear? To be honest, no matter how long their relationship had been, his skin remained very thin, much to Se Joon's delight. 

"I don't think I can answer that." Yoon Jae said weakly. He suddenly found the floor so interesting as Se Joon's smirk and prideful expression is not a good sign in this situation. 

"It's okay, babe. I can answer that for you. I would say I want everyday." said Se Joon. His smile became wider. He could hear the female staffs giggling happily behind the camera but his eyes remained focused on Yoon Jae's expression. 

"Are you crazy? Shane, don't you think this question is too personal? Also, why I'm the one getting embarassing questions? I think you guys are just trying to make me lose on purpose." Yoon Jae whined. At this rate, he may need to grant Se Joon's wish which was often not a good news for him.

"Nope. We put the cards randomly and trust me, you should be thankful that those questions given are quite mild than what we usually gave to our guests." Shane explained to Yoon Jae. 

"Great. Take another shot, babe." Se Joon smiled teasingly towards Yoon Jae. Yoon Jae bit his lips in annoyance. The lemon juice was too sour thay he could not kept a straight face after that.

"To be honest, should not feel like an obligation but something that both parties could enjoy. So for me, how often doesn't matter. I will do it whenever I and Se Joon want to. This is important as marital is a thing, just saying this out loud." Yoon Jae said hoping that the audiences could get this message loud and clear.

"True. Just because you're married doesn't mean your life can be dictated by other person. Alright. The next question is quite depressing though, what does it take for you to leave me?"

"If you do the things that you did again. The things that makes you imprisoned in the past. I cannot imagine of you being away from me again."

"You will leave me if I did so? I will not leave you if you do any crime though."

"I will leave you because I know you will change for me. Plus, I know you will try your hardest to get me back anyway."

"You cheeky man. You know how to manipulate me, I see."

"You taught me first."

"I know. Babe, you lost this game. So you need to grant me a wish." Se Joon held Yoon Jae's hands tightly and looked him in the eye. It will be a lie if Yoon Jae said that he did not feel even slightly nervous.

"This is so unfair. Hurm. What do you want though? Please not anything dirty." Yoon Jae could not deal with Se Joon's weird way of thinking sometimes.

"Oh Why? I just thought of asking you to cosplay as one of anime girls. Okay. Okay. Stop pinching my arm. I want you to plan one road trip for us. It's always me planning it in the past so I want to know what kind of road trip that you want. We can go abroad as well and not in Korea only. Easy, isn't it?" 

"Yeah. Yeah. I can do that. Thank you for your consideration, Mr Lee Se Joon." Yoon replied mockingly. The staffs were clearly entertained by their cute banter when they looked a tad bit offended when Shane said

"Here comes the end of our interview session with our most celebrated guests. It was heartwarming to see the love between ywo and I hope it will inspire those out there to find the one they teuly love. We want you know that we would be happy to have you both again anytime in the future. However, I still have to abide this one condition or else, this video won't be posted. Can I, Mr Se Joon?" Shane turned to look at Se Joon and puzzled looking Yoon Jae. 

"Se Joon, what did he mean by it won't be posted?"

"Yoon Jae-ah, I never intend to publish this video. Remember my wish when I went to the prison, I just want you to be honest with me just once. There is absolutely no need to tell this story to the whole world about us if you don't want to. I just want to know your deepest thoughts of me. If I can change, I will so I need to know what you want from me. Publishing this to the world is just a bonus to me. I just felt like you didn't tell me things anymore." 

Yoon Jae felt touched. How can't he? When the man in front of him, a perfect man still has the fear of him feeling other than love and comfort when Yoon Jae was the one feeling inferior of Se Joon the whole time.

"I'm sorry that you felt that way. I was too busy with my studies that I stop telling you things or trying to spend more time with you. I don't care if this ever gets out to other people. Really, after 10 years, I learned my lesson. If I want to be happy, I only need to care about making people that I truly care happy. So I only care about making you happy now. I do hope that our story am reach other people too."

"Then, do you want them to post this? Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, of course. I'm 100% okay with that."

"Honey, you keep saying yes to me lately. How about if I ask you for one more thing? Can you say yes to this as well?"

"No promise. It depends on what you ask. Please stop calling me honey. I feel like a girl when I'm not"

"Please be with me. Forever."

"I already did. We're engaged!"

"I know but I need to make sure that you're in it as well as me. You know, in the future,  in case you forgot about your promise, you can look at this lovely video of ours"

"Of course, I'm in it. Oh my before that, can I vomit? I don't like this much sweetness." Yoon Jae laughed a little after seeing Se Joon's small pout but what to do, teasing each other had become their habit. He leaned towards Se Joon and kissed his cheek. Oh man, the pout instantly replaced with a smile and the set was filled with sounds of awws by the staffs.

"You guys are so cute. Before that, I have one more question. Is it true that the reason why both of you left Korea is because same- couples like you guys are not accepted there?"

"Yes, it's true. To be honest, I don't want to leave Korea. I had lived there my whole life and suddenly living in a foreign land is quite frightening. However, I chose to leave because it's hard for me and Se Joon to be accepted in Korea as it is a conservative country but also, I can hardly blame the people there because it is their longtime belief immaterial of whether it is a religious or moral belief. You cannot expect them to suddenly change their belief. But, just like them, I have my own belief and my belief is that love is not restricted to gender. So, I chose to leave Korea so that I can pursue the freedom of loving a person without feeling guilty or feeling that I'm different than others. I still have this hope that many people out there will respect other people's choice and ways of life irrespective of their belief."

"I agree with Yoon Jae. Even though we did not receive obvious negative response like cursing from others in Korea, but there are always the uncomfortable stares or whispers every time we acted intimately out of habit which was allowed if we were heteroual couple, but not because we are men in relationship with each other." Se Joon took Yoon Jae's hand and kissed his wrist. He was glad that he could do this freely and he wanted to show that to those who condemns his happiness before.

"I see. Very profound answer. I do think that you guys will become a role model for couples out there. Thank you so much Mr Se Joon and Yoon Jae. You can follow their story life on their Instagram for more cute moments of them. To our audiences, don't forget to like this video, subscribe and turn on the bell notification. Have a good day everyone." said Shane. Se Joon and Yoon Jae waved happily to the camera. 

They felt relieved that now their stories will be posted for the world to see. True, they love the privacy but if their stories can inspire more people out there to live and believe that love having no gender, why not? Just like in Harry Potter, there are things done for the greater good and for Yoon Jae and Se Joon, this is one of those things.

FIN

 

 

Author's Notes

No words can describe how happy I am that I finally posted the two characters that I loved in the most in the entire world. I was dissatisfied with the movie ending and from the comments from those who watched the movie, many are searching for good fanfiction of them and here I am serving the good ending that they deserved. Thank you for reading my story and spread the words if you want to those who are craving happy ending for our beloved characters. Please comment down below so that I can improve my writing in the future. Just a single word 'I enjoyed it' or 'I dont enjoy it' is fine (which I hope you enjoyed it greatly) I highly encourage constructive critism as well. Enough of my ramblings. Love yall.😘