Chapter I

Snowflake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fresh coolly wind brushes through the window as the golden sun lit up the day. Taking a deep breath of the morning air, it’s as crisp as it could be. Seulgi opens her eyes to the bright world taking in the wonderful morning, weirdly she woke up before her alarm. She stretches her body to get rid of the sleepiness, she rises, looking out the window and remembers the night before.

 

Teacher Kim Taeyeon just finished her long and exhausting meeting about Chairman Lee’s surgery. Normally the operation that takes more than 9 hours has to be shortened down to 7 dues to Chairman Lee’s old age. 

 

Seulgi and Jennie were practicing the removal of the artificial heart’s batteries in the abdominal region of the dummy, making sure they could finish within the time limit. After practicing long and hard, they decided to call it a day, knowing they will be on call tomorrow. 

 

Dr. Seulgi stretches while walking back to the break room. She could hear the roaring of a hairdryer. “Is Dr. Bae still around?” Seulgi mumbled under her breath, hoping to run into the beauty. Seulgi opened the door of the break room but to no avail, it seems like Dr. Bae has already left. Feeling defeated Seulgi walked over to the changing room, feeling the urge to finally strip off the white coat and rest. As Seulgi reaches for the handle the door swung opened, revealing the one and only Dr. Bae Joohyun. She was wearing in a plain black tee which was nicely tucked into her grey dress pants, she was holding on a coat similarly in color to her pants. Looks like she’s dressing to impress and Seulgi was definitely impressed.

 

“Dr. Kang?” Joohyun said surprisingly. “Dr. Bae… you’re leaving now?” Seulgi asked. She seemed to be nervous, dragging each word out.

 

“Yes. I’m a little tired.” Joohyun replied awkwardly, avoiding Seulgi’s eyes. “I’m going back home to rest.” 

 

“ahh… I see.” Seulgi replied, failing to hide her disappointment. Dr. Bae fidgets on spot, biting her lips. Seulgi can’t help but stare. Joohyun tucked her hair behind her left ear. “uhmm. I’ll get going first.” Joohyun blurred out, looking up to Seulgi with her doe-eyes, hoping Seulgi will ask her out knowing Christmas is near. But she knows she is not ready to accept the feelings she has for Seulgi.

 

“Okay. Rest well.” Seulgi replied, avoiding her eyes.

 

Joohyun looks down disappointed and lets out a small sigh. “Bye.” She said rounding Seulgi to head out.

 

Suddenly, the door to the break room opens.

 

“Dr. Bae.” Manager Wendy appeared, holding a box. “There’s another package for you.” She said.

 

Seulgi turned around curiously, looking at the package Wendy was holding. “Tiffany and Co.” the box read. “.” Seulgi thought 

 

“Where is it from?” Joohyun asked genuinely puzzled. “I didn’t order anything else.” She thought “Just one bag of bean sprout but that’s just to prank Nurse Yerim.” She looked at the box, both eyebrows fuse together. 

 

“I’m not sure either, but it seems like it’s someone who wants to spend Christmas with you,” Wendy said suggestively.

 

Seulgi looks back hoping she read wrongly. Nope. She didn’t. “Ohh Manager Son how I wish I can kill you.” Seulgi thought. “Maybe I shouldn’t have taken her advice or maybe I shouldn’t have ordered from the same store. Fucck. Stupid Wendy. Tricking me with Oohh women loves jewelry.” Seulgi groaning silently, wanting to bash her head through the wall. 

 

While Joohyun inspects the box. Wendy gave Seulgi a wink mouthing “I got you” with both thumbs up. Seulgi was at the back doing big movements, trying to Wendy to take the box back silently. She was not ready for her heart to be shattered.

 

“What could it be?” Joohyun mumbled, pulling out the chair from the nearby table, leaving Wendy and Seulgi alone behind her. Seulgi quickly went up to Wendy “What was that?” Seulgi whispered loudly. 

 

“It’s alright.” Wendy reassuring Seulgi, “Women love these types of stuff. Trust me.” Seulgi sighed defeatedly, hearing Joohyun opening up the package. Seulgi looked on anticipatingly. Her heart pumping as hard as it could ever. Maybe she’s the one who needs the surgery.

 

Joohyun opened the package, seeing a medium-sized casing sitting on a fluffy purple nest of shredded paper. She picked it up curiously, pushing the rest aside. Seulgi nervously looking on, she can’t help but to bite her nails. Joohyun can’t believe she’s holding onto a Tiffany and Co. box; she slowly and carefully opens the casing revealing a beautiful snowflake necklace. The small snowflake was perfect, the lights in the room shining onto making the diamonds on it to twinkle. Joohyun was baffled, she can’t believe Seulgi would buy such an expensive gift for her. Joohyun stared at the necklace admiring the beauty. Seulgi fidgeting, trying to have a peek at Joohyun’s reaction. Wendy too, swaying side to side trying to get a glimpse of Joohyun’s face. Suddenly, Joohyun turned around facing both of them. Seulgi quickly turns around acting like she looking for a book

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter