[14th July] Silver Day

14th Day -Wine Day- [HIATUS]

Silver Day

New faces can be seen everywhere in the SME University ground. It was a pretty large University which also known with their students who turned into a success carrier man/woman. It has been a week or so after the new semester began and the freshman had a difficult time to find where their next class placed.

When most of freshman running to their classes, two girls walking slowly to the little cute café named ‘Adams Café’ in front of their college. It was pretty packed with seniors who also already had their classes off. These two girls pick their usual seat near the window.

The girl with her long shiny wavy hair and her modest clothes opened the menu which she already familiar with. “I will order Americano coffee, what about you you?” she put down the menu and facing her friend with her ponytail and black glasses.

“I will just order the same, with four doughnuts,” she said without looking at the menu.

When the waitress walked away, they started to talk. “Hei, I heard the new café near the nail art shop over there has delicious yet cheap menus. Let’s go there!” Daeun recommended the place that she heard from her classmates.

Daeun and you weren’t in the same class. Daeun pick the IT classes, while you decided to study about history. She also didn’t know why suddenly this subject filled up her mind when she had to choose classes she wanted to attend.

“New café? Hmm… let’s go there if we had free time.” you looking blankly at the ceiling, where a butterfly’s siluete can be seen dancing inside the lamp. Trapped.

The best thing that everyone loved at Adam’s café was, it was really fast in the term of serving the food. It just took them five minutes before their coffee and doughnuts served in front of them. “Have a nice meal,” the handsome waiter smiling friendly before leaving.

Daeun sipped her Americano and took a bite of doughnut with chocolate topping. She always loved doughnuts from that café; it was soft and sweet. “So, how is Dongwoo?”

“Why is Dongwoo?” you asked back.

“How are him?” she said before taking a big bite.

“Nice, I guess. You know we didn’t talk often. He was busy with his medical study, and I know that subject was difficult. I didn’t want to bother him.” you took a sip of her iced coffee.

Daeun glanced at her phone. She looked a bit disappointed. “You don’t have any plan to meet him?”

“No, I don’t. Why?”

“He didn’t call you?”

“No, he didn’t. Why are you asking this?”

“Nothing, I am just wondering why.”

you titled her head. “Hei, when I remember it…”

Daeun excitedly cut off her words, “Remember what? Dongwoo said something to you?”

“No, it’s not that!” you then felt something strange, “Wait, why did you mentioned his name all day? Are you by any chance…” Daeun waited the next word eagerly, but what she head next wasn’t like what she imagined.

“Love him?! No, of course not! How dare I am take my best friend’s boyfriend?” Daeun eyes were about to popping out from its place. “Do you think I am that kind of person?”

“Of course I never thought like that. I am just curious why you are mentioning his name all day. Did you two planning something?” she asked curiously.

Daeun sighed. She already knew that this best friend of her was like a grandma; she easily forgot something. But she never imagined that you forgotten about what date is tomorrow. “Nevermind. So, what did you want to say earlier?”

“Ah, our professors will have to attend something, right?” a smile formed on her face; like nothing happened. When she saw Daeun nodded, she continued her sentence, “Maybe we can go home early than usual. How about visiting the new café you mentioned before?”

“Tomorrow?” her left eyebrow raised a bit. The girl in front of her nodded twice; the smile wasn’t faded yet. “I…don’t think I can,” she hesitated. “Maybe you can go with someone else.”

you groaned and mumbled something under her breath. She took the last doughnut and finished it in three bites. Daeun just looking at her best friend blankly when you taking a big shot and emptied the glass in front of her. She wasn’t sure what her best friend thinking just then.

“Let’s go home!”


The next day, like what you said, the professor who teaching at her class was going somewhere important so the class dismissed early.

But it wasn’t going well with Daeun. The professor who was teaching Daeun’s class unexpectedly instructed another teacher to replace him. So in the end, Daeun trapped inside her class room until three hours later.

you were talking to her two classmates; Ahra and Eunmi after classes. Since Daeun cannot went out, they planning to go somewhere. “Yesterday Daeun said that there is a new café near the nail art shop. Why don’t we go there?” you suggested.

“Ah, you mean that pink-themed café?” Ahra asked. Both of her friends shrugged. “I passed that café yesterday when I went to minimarket. There were many couples there, and because I am single and alone and didn’t want to seem pathetic, I didn’t come inside.”

Eunmi and you chuckled. “Since we are together, and you are not alone anymore, why don’t we take a look?” Eunmi said.

And the next second, Ahra dragged away by her friends. They were laughing together with Ahra witty story about her neighbors. They were laughing until they reached the gates. When they were about to leave, they heard a voice called you’s name.

“Did you hear that?” you asked. She looked around, but found no one.

“Yeah, someone called you, right?”

“Hmm, did we mishear? I don’t see anyone that I know. Let’s just leave,” you looked around once again, hesitated to leave.

But then, Ahra saw someone waving across the street. “Hei, I think I found who’s calling your name. There, he is across the street.”

Someone was running crossing the zebra cross when the light went green. He was wearing a dark blue plaid shirt, his hair messed up because of the strong wind. He kept showing his perfect white teeth behind his smile as he running to you and friends.

you eyes opened a bit more wide than usual seeing the one she missed was standing in front of her. slightly opened, trying to say something but all she can say just, “Dongwoo?”

The tall man in front of her was trying to catch a breath from running. He still kept his smile even though he was out of breath. “Hei, surprised enough?”

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you having classes until night?”

“Classes? I take a day off. I want to see you. Today is important day, isn’t it?”

you stared at Dongwoo blankly. She didn’t get what he trying to say. Dongwoo was more than know about that blank expression. “Don’t tell me… you forget what day is it?”

you shrugged.

“Aish… I already know that I could happen. But you really don’t know what day is today?”

you turned to her friends who awkwardly standing there. “What date is today?” she asked.

“It’s 14 July.” The answer that came out from Eunmi mouth was like hitting her right in the heart. Her eyes widened in disbelieve. “Today already 14 July?!” you repeated. Still didn’t believe what she was hear, she asked once again, “You don’t lie to me, right?”

Before her friends could answer, she received a light hit on her head. It was Dongwoo.

“Stupid. They don’t lie. What do you think make me running all along here? It’s because today is our anniversary!” He hit you lightly again before patted her head. Then he talked again in a soft voice, “Happy Anniversary.”

Two girls who were still standing awkwardly cleared their throat in purpose. “We don’t want standing here watching you two and ruining your mood. So we will leave first. See you tomorrow you!”

you and Dongwoo slightly heard Ahra said, “I wish I had a boyfriend.” They chuckled together and linked their hands.

“Ah, that’s why Daeun always mentioned you yesterday. So it was this…”

“You stupid.” Dongwoo smiled softly and patted his girlfriend head. “Oh, I have something for you.” Dongwoo opened his bag and took a little black box. “Take this.”

“What is it? Should I open it now?”

“If you want, you can open it.”

And the next second, for the third time her eyes went bigger and her jaw dropped this time. A ring was in that box. It wasn’t a diamond ring, it wasn’t pure gold ring, it just a simple silver ring with her name initial and Dongwoo initial craved on it. “This…”

“Ah, you see… it isn’t a white gold. It just a cheap…” Dongwoo nervously tried to say something. But you cut off his word with a ‘thank you’. “Well… it isn’t something you can thank me. But… yeah, you are welcome. I hope it fit your finger.”

Dongwoo took the ring out from the box and carefully put it on you’s finger. He put on a satisfied smile when the ring perfectly fitted on his girlfriend’s finger. “Shall we go?”


Here’s update!

It’s a bit short, but I hope you like it, everyone~

I planned to write it on holiday.

But holiday was over a week ago and I finished it just now ^^”

Poor time management = me.

 

Comment and subscribe!

Happy Silver Day!

Hugs and love,

 

chichichi24