One

Sweater Weather

Seulgi is never fond of the cold weather or the beach, but here she is standing barefoot on the sands of California in a winter day. In her whole life she would never imagine she is in California enjoying the chill wind on her face. All Seulgi wants in her life is to be successful, in competition with all the men that look down at her.  She dreamed of world domination and her name to be known by people all around the world. She stares at the sun that about to set, remembering that she have achieved all that she dream of. Seulgi tucks one of her hand in the pocket of her sweater, picks up her slipper and start walking home, where her new dream is waiting for her.

Upon arriving home, Seulgi saw her favorite person standing on the doorway of house, hand on her high waisted short, face all scrunched up, a look that for Seulgi is cute (she admit she’s been biased but it’s her opinion).

“Why are you walking home barefoot in the winter nonetheless? You might get sick,” Joohyun began talking. Seulgi smiled and washes her feet before smelling something from inside the house,

“Are you cooking something?” Ask Seulgi when she’s done washing her feet. Joohyun smile answered that she’s cooking some blueberry pancake for both of them.

“You cook blueberry pancake for dinner?” Seulgi asks walking into the house, looking around for her cats in the living room. Seeing her cats, Lulu and Lala, laying on the couch she turns her face to Joohyun again. Without answering, Joohyun dragged Seulgi to the kitchen and sat her down on the chair before serving her some of the blueberry pancake.

“I just missed making blueberry pancake and I cooked some pasta for dinner, treat this as pre-dinner”

Seulgi then start eating the pancake and feed some to Joohyun even the latter refused, asking what was the reason her make the pancake even though she heard her saying she missed making pancake. Joohyun smile before saying that she found the blueberries in the fridge while making dinner and thought that it would be better if she make some pancake for the sake of memories. Memories of how pancake is the reason for them to meet each other, memories of how Seulgi think Joohyun is a cute waiter in the high end café near her office and many more memories that come out in the conversation while they eat the pancake (Seulgi eat most of the pancake).

Pre-dinner ended when one of the cats start meowing loudly to both of them, a sign that either they are hungry or just want some attention. Seulgi look at their cats before stand up to do the dishes (it really only a plate) and proceed to feed the cats. Joohyun watch Seulgi with a smile before asking,

“Seul, we have been living together for a long time right?” Seulgi look at Joohyun bewildered with the question

“Hyun are you breaking up with me? Did I do something wrong?” Seulgi panic, they sure been fighting in the first year of living together. Seulgi’s overprotective feelings sometimes make the older girl tired but they did work it out together. But lately everything is going on in a pace which both of them felt okay.

“No Seul, I never think of that. I’m just asking because Hyunyi will have a baby shower this coming Friday so I thought I wanna spend time with them,” Joohyun explained while looking at Seulgi’s reaction. Seulgi exhaled a breath that she didn’t know she hold just now. ‘Joohyun would never left me all alone’ Seulgi ponder. “I don’t mind you spend time with your friends Hyun, but why the question?” asks Seulgi can’t seem to connect the dots between the first question to the baby shower. 

“It’s nothing really. I just want to ask you about it, I mean the baby shower of course not our baby, and I mean we don’t even have a baby, I don’t --”

“ Hey Hyun it’s okay, we have talked about the whole baby thing before I don’t mind if you would like to have one now, but let me make you a Kang first can I?”

Seulgi and Jooohyun have talked about their minis as what Seulgi would like to call it. They have agreed to be safe and all, not that they didn’t want any kids but Seulgi really want Joohyun’s attention to her and they are not married. Even their parents are asking about kids but Seulgi would like to slowly build the family, starting by proposing Joohyun.

The ring inside the car has been waiting for the moment to shine. The ring that Seulgi bought when she was away from Joohyun one month in Japan to settle off some business and she’s scared to propose that the ring been lonely without its owner in the car. That was about 4 months ago, Seulgi thank god that Joohyun never really care about Seulgi’s thing in the car. All of her friends know about the existence of that ring including their parents but Joohyun still a lost kid in this whole ring thing.

After having the ring, Seulgi had a phone call with Joohyun’s parents asking for blessing, which without surprise are given. Seulgi remember the day she showed Yeri the ring. All Yeri did is saying that she could get a bigger diamond for Joohyun but really that’s not helping Seulgi at all. Yeri did say a “Sent my goodluck to Joohyun unnie because she needed more than you”. That’s the typical Yeri if anyone asks. But Sooyoung’s reaction surprised Seulgi, or maybe because she’s with the resident angel in the group Seungwan that she behaved that way, Seulgi had no idea. Sooyoung keep on telling Seulgi to just propose Joohyun because she would never reject her even when Seulgi is nothing much (which Seulgi dismissed the sentence after reject her). Seungwan just smiled and say sweet nothings to Seulgi which she appreciated a lot from her.

“Hey I’m sorry I didn’t mean to talk about the baby now it just come to my mind, it’s nothing Seul.” Break Seulgi from spacing out. “Hey babe no I’m just spacing out, you know I do that a lot,” says Seulgi before pulled Joohyun into a hug. “I love you so deep,” Seulgi says right at Joohyun’s ear before Joohyun replied “I’m in so deep too”

After a few minutes hugging Joohyun could hear a soft snore coming from Seulgi. Joohyun smiled and shake her body to wake Seulgi up. This is a normal situation for Joohyun after all because Seulgi could sleep anywhere and with any position, right now, standing. Seulgi woke up still feeling sleepy before guided by Joohyun to sleep at their bedroom. After changing clothes, both of them let their body rest with Joohyun cuddling Seulgi. Joohyun did thought of dinner but all she needs now is some rest, dinner could wait.