the gift that keeps on giving

the gift that keeps on giving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One. 

He's not entirely present the first time it happens. They're bleaching his hair snowy blonde for this concept and so he's sitting in the salon, entire scalp tingling harshly and tears smarting at the corners of his eyes. It never gets any easier. He grits his teeth as the warm tears start to overflow and he feels his wet bottom lashes sticking to his skin. He tips his head back and emits a choked gurgling screech that's quickly interrupted by someone clicking their tongue.

"Stop being a baby," Mino says from the next chair where they're touching up his colour, to which Seungyoon manages a petulant whine, clenching and unclenching his fists where they rest on the countertop. He pulls a face in the mirror, sticks his tongue out at himself and then curls his tongue upwards to try to touch his nose. Ends up with a mixture of snot and salty tears in his mouth and dissolves into more whines. "Yoonie," Mino looks up from the video playing on his phone, "Oh my god."

He sets his phone down and reaches deep into the pocket of his pants, pulls out a small fox plush on a keychain. Taking Seungyoon's hand, he pries open his fingers, pink from digging into his palms, and presses the toy into it. "Squeeze this and shut up." Seungyoon clutches the toy experimentally, then blows a kiss at Mino, who rolls his eyes and goes back to his phone.

 


Two. 

Then there's the new camera case. Clean white leather but covered in Mino's brushstrokes, coloured flowers swirling over each other. "What for?" Seungyoon asks, surprised. He knows they both have a thing for photography but he also knows that they're more than capable of affording their own accessories. Knows that Mino knows he already has a considerable collection of such accessories.

Mino shrugs, "Got bored, and you did a good job on the album, so." Seungyoon raises his eyebrows."We all did a good job on the album," God, such a leader thing to say, he's such a leader leader. He watches Mino's labret piercing glint as he purses his bottom lip, morphing into sulky Mino.

"Okay, okay," Seungyoon takes the case and slides open a drawer, quickly putting it away, "I'm taking it! I'm taking it." Mino glares playfully at him. "Ungrateful." he snubs jokingly. Seungyoon laughs and leans over to rest his against Mino's arm affectionately, dropping a quick kiss into the thick fabric of Mino's hoodie.

 


Three. 

He comes home from the studio to Thor holding a new chew toy in his jaws. Seungyoon frowns, chides Thor for stealing from Haute. Gingerly, he picks it up between his thumb and forefinger, careful to avoid the saliva. With the toy held droopily out in front of him he makes his way down the hall to Seunghoon's room and raps firmly on the closed door. "Hyung!" he calls, "Thor took one of Haute's toys, one of the expensive ones."

There's no response and Seungyoon frowns because he doesn't remember Seunghoon having any schedules today. He tries again, louder, "Hyu-ung!" He hears movement and footsteps padding towards the door, and a few moments later it opens a crack and Seunghoon's face peers through. His face is flushed and he's slightly out of breath. "What is it?" he asks, and Seungyoon pushes the door forward but it doesn't budge, Seunghoon pressing against it from the other side. He pouts, dangles the chew toy in front of Seunghoon's face. "Thor took one of Haute's toys, I don't know how he'd have gotten into your room though." Seunghoon eyes it dispassionately. "That's not Haute's." he says like he couldn't care less, and leans to turn away from the door, closing it.

Miffed, Seungyoon stubs his foot into the door, "Hey! So dism--" and then he catches a flash of a purple sweater and long limbs. "Is Jinwoo hyun-- Oh. Oh, ew." he scrunches his face up as Seunghoon gives a wink and an eye roll, clicking the door shut. 

He huffs, feeling neglected and a bit betrayed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter