FINAL

Together, against the world.

It was a stressful week for Yoohyeon. Three important exams, two assignments and a few nights without sleep. Almost no resting at all. She's been thinking of her girlfriend throughout the whole week. She really wanted to meet with her but she knew she was busy with work, just as much as she was busy with schoolworks.

That day, right after she woke up, Yoohyeon decided to text her girl, just to check on her. Even though she wanted to see her, to hold her, to feel her, she didn't want to be a bother.

"Babe, I miss you. How are you?", she texted her beloved one, with a heart at the end. She loved her unconditionally, unmeasurably. She was her favorite person, the only person that treated her the way she deserves to be treated. They haven't seen eachother in days, due to both of them being busy. She excitedly waited for the other one's response, having prepared a surprise for her girlfriend. Well, that surprise was more related to Yoohyeon than to Minji herself, but she knew that it would make the older one really happy.

Several moments later, a notification appeared on Yoohyeon's phone screen. Minji was always a quick responder, and even though she responded in such a short time, it felt like ages to the overly excited girl that waited for it.

"I miss you too, I miss you more than anything." A slight smile appeared on Yoohyeon's still not completely waken up face, as she was reading the messages she just received. She continued, "I just finished writing the report for this case I told you about earlier. I still have a few forms left to fill but that can wait. Can I come over? I miss your cute cheeks." The message made Yoohyeon giggle.
"Waiting for you. Love you", Yoohyeon responded. "Oh, and, can you bring Cherry too? Sorry but I miss her slightly more than I miss you", she added, jokingly. Cherry was Minji's dog and she was the reason the two of them met so she holds a special place in Yoohyeon's heart.
"I'll think about it, traitor", Minji said lastly.

Yoohyeon's heart started beating faster than per usual. She didn't expect the other girl would want to visit her and it made her extremely happy. Firstly, because seeing her would brighten up her day, and secondly because she could show her the surprise earlier than she thought she would.

She couldn't describe what Minji meant to her. Minji was her sanctuary. They have known eachother for three years only, but those three years felt like lifetime. Minji was her family, her best friend, her home, her love. She didn't have other family and honestly, she didn't even want it. Minji was enough and she was her whole world.

It was a rainy, cloudy Saturday. Yoohyeon was in her green pyjamas covered with puppies ever since she woke up and she didn't bother with changing. Minji already knew her in every condition, so she decided it was the best to stay cozy. She hugged Pie, her very own puppy she has adopted a day earlier, who was the surprise she had for her girl and her dog, sat on her bed and waited for her other half to come.

She didn't wait for too long until she heard the keys unlocking the lock on door that led to Yoohyeon's apartment. "Love, we're here!", the younger one heard a very familiar and dear voice, "We've brought a lot of snacks!" As soon as they entered the living room, Cherry barked happily, and immediately hopped into her basket-bed, the one that Minji and Yoohyeon bought for her on their first anniversary, since she needed one in Yoohyeon's apartment as well.
"My favorite girls!", Yoohyeon shouted from her room, with a lot of love and optimism in her voice.

With Pie in her arms, she ran towards the guests, and hugged her girlfriend from the back. "We have a new family member!", Yoohyeon declared, excitedly. The other girl couldn't hide the enthusiasm on her face. She was always very soft for puppies and dogs, especially now, as she saw an extremely adorable puppy in her girlfriend's arms. "Cherry, Ji, meet Pie.", Yoohyeon giggled and carefully placed the puppy in the basket next to Minji's dog. Both animals enthusiastically started barking. They were obviously very happy to see eachother, especially Cherry, who has never had company besides the two girlfriends.
"Yooh, love, I missed you a lot", Minji started, hugging the taller one around her waist, from the back, and placing a soft peck on her neck, "but you'll have to wait a little. Now tell me. Pie. When, how, what. Shoot.", she finished with a huge smile on her face. As they were moving towards kitchen, Yoohyeon returned her an even softer peck but this time on the girl's lips.
"I guess I'm supposed to be jealous? You are lucky that both of you are adorable.", Yoohyeon responded, laughing and faking the eye roll. "I found her yesterday, on my way home from the university, just a few blocks away from here. She looked lonely and abandoned. I just had to bring her home. It was stronger than me", she explained. "I'm glad you seem to like her. I knew you'd be happy to see a puppy and that's why I wanted it to remain as a surprise. I'm also happy to see she's getting along well with our Cherry."
Minji kept nodding at Yoohyeon's words and awwing at the puppy. She was overwhelmed with emotions; she didn't know what felt better - being next to her favorite girl after all these days or looking at the puppies being happy together. She just knew this meeting felt extremely good and right, in every single aspect.

That Saturday was pretty calm. It was careless and full of love. Both girls enjoyed it to pieces. They were laying down on a sofa in the livingroom, one in another's arms, cuddling under the blankets while watching the third movie for that day. Their puppies were peacefully sleeping in a bed next to them. For them, this day has been the most beautiful day of all the days lately. Although, if you asked them, every day they spent together would count as the most beautiful day in their life.

"Thank you for today. Thank you for everything, actually ", Yoohyeon broke the silence as the last movie finished. "After such a week, I needed a day like this. I'm so blessed to have you."
Their eyes met.
"No, thank you.", the other one returned. "If it weren't for you, I'd probably still be working, without taking a break. The work would ruin me", she smiled. "Thank you for always being there for me."

Yoohyeon leaned in for a kiss and Minji closed the gap between their lips. They haven't had a proper kiss in such a long time. It felt surreal.
"I love you more than anything in this world", Minji whispered on a short break between their kisses, "our family is growing bigger. Pie, Cherry, you, me. I love it ", she smiled, as she rested her head on Yoohyeon's shoulder.
"I love us ", Yoohyeon whispered, tightening the hug and making Minji feel safer than ever, "I really do."

The sunlight completely disappeared and got replaced by a lot more subtle light coming from the moon.

The two girls were now deep asleep, still in a very tight hug. They dreamed of their happy future. It was just them, their puppies and their love. Together. Stronger than ever. Against the world. ♡