Final

Where little monsters meet

Kaiju = Japanese word meaning "strange creature". In English, it has come to mean "monster" or "giant monster", referring to creatures of a large size seen in movies from Asia.

______

 

Today was the day a young Mina waited very patiently for, just like most children around the world. It was Halloween, a day where anyone could dress up in whatever they wanted to be. Unlike the previous year, the little Myoui didn't want to be a magical girl. She wanted to be something much cooler and scary,  just like the numerous Kaijus that appeared in her older brother's favourite shows. When Mina told her mother about her costume request, the woman couldn't help but gush about how cute her daughter was being. The girl took it as an insult, kaijus aren't cute, they're dangerous and scary, destroyers of humanity. Mina did what she did best and pouted which earned her a flurry of loving kisses and tickles from her mother.

Now it was finally time to show up at daycare while dressed in her favourite costume for the year. Ms Myoui couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips when she came to wake up her younguest child. When she barely opened her mouh to call her out of bed, Mina threw off the blanket of her body and jumped out of bed already dressed as  the most popular kaiju out there, Godzilla, a plushy godzilla to be more precise. Mina's adorable face was visible from Godzilla's mouth, with a toothy grin and a giggle she let out a cute growl. Her parent played along all while directing the little girl to follow her usual morning routine before leaving for daycare.

When Mina excitedly arrived there, she greeted her usual caretakers with a cute growl, causing the one with a pair of bunny ears to dramatically clutch her heart. "Jeongyeon, she's so adorable it physically hurts me"

"I'll wholeheartedly agree with your statement" The short haired woman wearing a headband with bear ears replied while smiling brightly at the little Mina.

"Me too" The third caretaker with a plastic cown agreed. "Hiya little Minari, what are you dressed as for today?"

"I'm a Kaiju!" The little girl exclaimed enthusiastically, smiling with all her heart.

"Gesundheit" Jeong said out of reflex only to receive a nudge by the eldest of the three. "What? Was that not a sneeze?"

None of the caretakers had a clue of what that meant and it was very apparent on their faces, all they saw was a cuddly dinosaur gazing up at them with sparkling eyes. Ms Myoui whispered into Jeongyeon's ear that Mina was dressed as Godzilla which made the trio let out an understanding 'Oh'.

Jihyo gave the girl a small pat on her plushy head. "Why don't you say bye to your Mama and go play with your friends hm? They'll love your costume"

The little Mina was quick to give her mom a hug and a cute wave before darting towards the play room where her friends were. The first one that came in her sight was none other than her favourite playmate dressed in a lion onesie with black paint on the tip of her nose. Son Chayoung was sitting quietly at a small table set doodling away onto a piece of paper with her trusty wax crayons, alongside a quiet Momo dressed as a pig who looked like she really wanted to taste them.

"Chaengie! Moguri!" Mina called out cutely while hurredly waddling towards the equally adorable lion cub. The three greeted each other playfully before running around after each other like they always did and the caretakers were never tired of watching them do so.

Nayeon was almost in tears with how cute the kids in their care were, the eldest couldnt help but film them play tag together. Needless to say, the bunny really really loved her job. She couldn't wait to share the clips with their parents, they would most definitely enjoy it as much as she did.

On the other side of the playroom, Jeongyeon was enjoying her time taking care of the quietest child in their daycare. Tzuyu was a shy little kid so she spent most of her time trying to do small animal puzzles while clutching onto a dog plushy. She was dressed as baker with a basket of small sweets to share with the class later on during snack time. The girl wasn't one to run around and scream, a literal angel. When her little daycare crush would arrive, she would be twice as shy. Not one of the caretakers were not shipping those two cuties together. They'd definitely turn out as a inseparable when they'd grow up, the trio were convinced of it.

Unlike her two partners, Jihyo was desperately looking for one of the younguest, she was nowhere in sight and way too quiet. When a child is quiet, they're never up to any good (Tzuyu may be an exception to that...maybe).

"Dahyunnie, where are you? Come out, come out wherever you are" Jihyo singsonged, hoping that she would elicit any sort of sound. Luckily for her it worked just fine.

"You will never catch me! KA-KAW" Dahyun dressed as an eagle bellowed loudly from the top of a desk.

Jihyo whipped her head towards the origins of the girl's voice and let out a loud gasp "Dahyun! That's dangerous, get down now!"

The caretaker chose the wrong combination of words as she saw the little eagle flap her wings getting ready to jump off without fear. "I am a big bird, hear me roar! KA-KAAWWW!"

Much to Jihyo's relief, Jeongyeon casually hooked her arm around the eagle's waist as she jumped off into the girls arms. "Hi!"

"Dahyunnie, how many times have I told you to stop it with the stunts?"

"Not enough!" The monolidded girl giggled out causing Jeong to pinch one of her cheeks playfully.

"Wrong answer, don't do that ever again" The woman placed her back on the floor and shooed her towards the quiet Tzuyu so they could interact together.

"Thanks Jeong, you saved me from a heart attack." Jihyo stated, placing a hand on the latter's shoulder out of appreciation. "Though I don't think we're done with her just yet, she's making Tzuyu mad"

The caretaker sporting a headband of bear ears looked at the said child and she was indeed angry. The little baker was giving the eagle a warning look as she tried to fish out one of the treats out of Tzuyu's basket. She clearly looked pissed. An angry Tzuyu was a scary one. The duo was quick to intercept the small fist heading towards the unsuspecting Dahyun. Not one of the children seemed to understand that the little baker wasn't fond of sharing, especially with those who weren't her favourite friends. Tzuyu's mother was working hard on correcting her daughter's bad habit but it seem incorrigible when it came to sharing food. It was the sole thing she would not hand over easily, especially anything that was a pastry.

"Bad Tzuyu! No smiting daycare friends" Jeongyeon scolded in a playful tone, finding it ever so funny to say. Out of the three workers, she was the most likely to create a toddler fight club which she never would deny. Her strongest fighter would be this aggressive little munchkin she was restraining. The astounding baguette breaker. "How about you go play near the entrance, your Sana-unnie will be arriving soon"

At the familiar name being mentioned Tzuyu started to wiggle out of Jeongyeon's hold and quickly head towards the entrance. Right on cue, a little brunette dressed in a dog onesie could be seen with her mom. With being a puppy and Tzuyu's favoured friend, Sana was eagerly welcomed by the little Taiwanese baker.

"Chewy look! I'm a puppy!"

Looking at them giggle together made the caretakers smile brightly. It was always heartwarming to see the youngest of the munchkin squad look so happy. The duo went towards a box of blocks and started stacking them together while having a serious conversation about dogs.

The children's laughter and full fledged smiles made their job worth it. Without that aspect they probably would've quit the job already. Because someone that didn't like children with all their might probably wouldn't have been able to survive a day. The Korean trio considered themselves lucky to have a squad of "well-behaved" toddlers.

"Miss Nayeon! Momo is eating my wax crayons!"

"AM NOT!" A little piglet protested through a mouth full of wax crayons.

Yeah they definitely would've quit if they weren't extremely cute from time to time...