#SSambbangDay

Second Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The intro of a song by a girl group starts playing. Inside the room, the bed from the top bunk shifts subtly while the lower bunk remains unperturbed. 

 

It seems like Hitomi has been woken up by Chaeyeon's alarm clock again. The mochi girl rubs her eyes before putting on the glasses. She takes a look at the calendar; a grin widely spreads across her face; showing her front-row teeth generously; morning fatigue ness vanishes within seconds.

 

Today, 13 January 2020; marks the first anniversary of her relationship with Chaewon unnie; in short, it's Ssambbang Day.

 

Hitomi remembers how excited Chaewon was yesterday. 

-=-

"Hitoma! Hitoma! Do you know what day is it tomorrow?" Chaewon beamed as she bursts into Hitomi's shared room with Chaeyeon. The big bright smile plastered on her face lit up the entire room; included Hitomi's heart. 

 

"Hmm... I have no clue, unnie." Hitomi scratched her nape as she's trying to figure out.

 

Chaewon crossed her arms and puffed out a short breath. 

 

"How could you... it's OUR day! Tomorrow is Ssambbang Day!" 

 

Hitomi's eyebrows rose in realization. "Oh yeah. Jisung jisung, unnie. We went to the Namsan tower together last year! Can't believe it's been a year, time flies so fast." 

 

"Yeah... I agree." Chaewon dropped her shoulders slightly. 

 

"Anyway, would you have a second 'date' with me tomorrow, Hitoma?"

 

"I wanna go ice skating with you this time."

 

Blushes crept up on Hitomi's face as the mention of the word 'date'.

 

However, Hitomi didn't know how to ice skate plus she wasn't prepared to embarrass herself in front of Chaewon. But, she wanted to have another date with her favourite unnie before resuming their comeback activities which are very soon. The mochi girl was in a dilemma.

 

Hitomi was having a panic in her mind. And with Chaewon staring at her while looking like a cute poodle wasn't helping at all. 

 

Hitomi forced a smile as she accepts the offer, "Yeah, sure. Let's go ice skating tomorrow, Chaewon unnie."

 

The mochi girl knew she screwed up, but if it meant that she gets to see a ray of sunshine drawn across Chaewon's face every time. Hitomi would gladly do it again and again.

-=-

Standing in front of the mirror, she changes her outfit for the nth time. Hitomi's first attempt is something casual, just a dark green-coloured oversized hoodie with a long pair of jeans; oh and not to mention the gold round frame eyeglasses. 

 

"Hiichan kawaii!!" Chaeyeon squeals, as she watches the mochi girl performs a fashion show in her bunk bed.

 

"I looked like a nerd, Chaeyeon unnie." Hitomi heaves a sigh then she changes to the next outfit.  

 

Hitomi poses in a classy way. She wears a black knee-length sheath dress; with a diamond necklace and golden earrings serve as a foil.

 

"Uhmm... Hiichan? I don't think that's what people wear to go on ice skating..." Chaeyeon looks away awkwardly.

 

The mochi girl smacked herself on her head. "You're right, unnie. What was I thinking!" Hitomi facepalms.

 

After for god knows how long, Hitomi steps in front of the mirror with her last attempt. She wears a striped long sleeve drawstring hood cropped yellow hoodie, with black Nike sweatpants. Hitomi ties her brown hair into a ponytail then turns around to face Chaeyeon. 

 

"How do I look?" The mochi girl questions.

 

The feather girl raises both her thumbs up as she mouths "Perfect."

 

At the same time, they hear the doorbell rings. Someone went to open the door. They seem to be having a conversation. Then, a knock on their door.

 

"Hiichan? Someone's here to find you." Yuri chuckles from the other side.

 

"It's time. Go out." Chaeyeon lightly pats Hitomi's as she encourages the mochi girl.

 

Hitomi timidly turns over the doorknob. Her head peeks out a little before fully opens the door. 

 

Standing beside Yuri is a giggling Wonyoung and Hitomi's crush I mean best friend. Hitomi greets them a good morning. Everyone greets back except Chaewon. Chaewon, instead of greeting or smiling; frowns. Which makes Hitomi wonders if she has done something wrong.

 

"Wait here, Hitoma. I'll be right back." Chaewon rushes out of the dorm.

 

The rest of them stay on the ground; feeling confused.

 

Nako spits out, "Don't tell me that coward bails on you last minute! I'll smack the -" 

 

"Language, kiddo." Sakura covers Nako's mouth.

 

"Aren't you guys going out, unnie?" Wonyoung asks out of confusion.

 

Hitomi shrugs her shoulders. She doesn't know what happened either; the mochi girl pouts as she waits for Chaewon.

 

Minutes later, Chaewon is back to their dorm again. She brought an extra jacket then she wraps it around Hitomi's waist. The fairy then lets out a satisfied smile as she sees Hitomi is fully covered.

 

"You're going to catch a cold if you want to flex your abs in the cold weather. Let's go now." Chaewon takes Hitomi towards the exit; ignoring the others' comments about the moment.

 

"Pfft, that's more like it." Nako scoffs.

 

"God, my eyes!" 

 

"These lovebirds..." 

 

"Where's Yena when I need her..."

-=-

Chaewon can't wait to show off her driving skills to the mochi girl. She, Kim Chaewon, is the first person to get a driving license out of the 12 members. Though it's automatic but, we don't talk about that.

 

It was supposedly their manager who would be driving them to the Seoul Plaza Ice Skating Rink. Supposedly. Not until Chaewon decided to lock that poor guy inside a toilet. Moreover, it's a public one! Everyone knows how stinks they are but don't worry. Chaewon made sure to call Eunbi for getting their manager out after.

 

Currently, Chaewon is driving their manager's car towards the destination. The radish fairy drives the car surprisingly smooth; not an insult but a compliment. While stopping at the red light, Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter