Chapter 1

Sunburn Romance

Jongin and Kyungsoo went to have some fun in the sun at the beach for their summer holidays. Before going into the waters to play, Kyungsoo was applying sunscreen lotion on his body. "Hey, Jongin! You might want to apply some lotion before you swim!" he called. Jongin rejected his lotion. "No thanks, hyung. I'll be fine without lotion," he replied him. "Are you sure? You're gonna get sunburn if you don't apply them. Today is a hot day," warned Kyungsoo. "Oh, don't be such a worrywart," said Jongin as he takes off his shirt and ran to the waters. Kyungsoo shrugs his shoulders and just join in the fun. 

However, when they got back to their hotel room after playing in the waters, Jongin was crying in pain. His body is all red. "I can't......move my.....body....." he whines. Kyungsoo clicks his tongue as he helped him to lie down on the bed. "I told you to put lotion just now. See what happens when you don't listen," he scolds. "Now you're all red as a tomato." Jongin sighs. "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry, alright?! I should have listen to you."

"Since you refuse to listen to me, I guess I have to leave you here as a punishment," Kyungsoo made a joke. Jongin gives him a stern glare. "Hey! Come on! Is this how you treat your boyfriend?! Help me this instant!" he scolded. Kyungsoo laughs, "Okay, okay! I'll help you. But will you listen to me next time?" Jongin growls as he turn his head away. "Okay! Fine! I'll listen to you! Are you gonna help me or stand there the whole day?!"

First, Kyungsoo takes out some ice from the fridge, wraps them in a towel and puts it on Jongin's burned body. "Ow!!!" he screamed as he moves his aching body. "Stop moving, for heaven's sake!" scolded Kyungsoo. "Hey! Try being in my body and feel how the pain is like!" shouted Jongin. "Just relax. It'll be over before you know it," said Kyungsoo as he continues rubbing the cold towel. He kept on doing it for 10 minutes but it didn't really work for him. Jongin was still in pain. "Hmm.....this is not gonna work. I'll have to try something else."

He remembered he has some aloe vera gel in his bag. "My mom told me that aloe vera is good for sunburns." And so, he took that out and rubs it on Jongin's body. Jongin felt somewhat relieve as Kyungsoo applies the aloe vera gel all over his body. "How are you feeling now?" asked Kyungsoo. "I feel slightly better now. Thanks, hyung," replied Jongin. He heaves out a sigh. Kyungsoo smiles as he continues rubbing Jongin's body with gel. "Okay. That should heal you for awhile. Just rest there for the aloe vera to absorb into your body."

Jongin never felt relaxed in his whole life. Soon, his eyes began to close. While waiting, Kyungsoo switches on the TV to pass the time. As he was watching, his cellphone rang. He picks up the call, "Hello?" To his surprise, his mom was on the line. "Oh, hi, mom. Yeah, I'm on holiday with Jongin. Unfortunately, he got sunburned but I applied some aloe vera gel on his body. So, he should be fine now." Then, his mother told him another method to cure sunburns is by having a vinegar bath. "Oh, that's a great idea. I'll go and buy one at the store nearby. Thanks, mom. Bye." And he puts down his phone. 

He quickly takes a short bath and puts on his clean clothes. Jongin, who opens his eyes slightly, and saw Kyungsoo leaving. "Where are you going, hyung?" he asked. "I'm gonna get some stuff for awhile. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere, alright?" replied Kyungsoo and he left the room. Jongin had no idea what Kyungsoo is gonna get. But he had no choice but to stay and lie down in bed.

 

A few minutes later, Kyungsoo returned with a bottle of vinegar. He gets the bathtub ready by filling it up with lukewarm water. Then, he added vinegar into the tub. Once he's done preparing, he went back to Jongin. "Hey, Jongin. You must be smelly after a day out at the beach. Let's get you clean up." He held Jongin's arm and place it on his shoulder as they walk towards the bathroom. "I've prepared a special bath for you," he told Jongin. Kyungsoo help to take his swimming trunks off and helps him get into the bathtub slowly. 

"Mmm......it feels good. But I don't see what's so special about the bath," said Jongin. "I added vinegar inside the water. It's supposed to help cure sunburns. At least that's what my mom told me," said Kyungsoo. Jongin smile at him. "But anyways, it feels nice. Thanks for your help, hyung. You're the best." With that, he gives Kyungsoo a small kiss on the lips, much to his surprise. Kyungsoo didn't know what to say or do. "This is my way of saying thank you." Kyungsoo is still touching his lips, feeling speechless. 

"What's wrong? Don't you like it?"

"N-No.....I mean.....I like it. It's just that......."

Jongin puts his finger on his lips. "Shh.....say no more." He pull him over, cups both his cheeks and gives him another kiss. This time, it was longer. Kyungsoo just go with the flow and kisses him back. 

 

After the vinegar bath, Jongin and Kyungsoo came out and they both lay down on the bed. "This has been the best summer holiday ever," said Jongin. Kyungsoo nod his head. "Yep it is. We should go on holidays more often," he said. "I promise to listen to you always, like putting on lotion before swimming," Jongin laughs. Kyungsoo also laughed along. "Oh, Jongin. Um, do you think we can go for another round of kissing?"

"Anything for my darling hyung," Jongin and they both went for another round of kisses. 

 

The End