Final

Monday

It’s Monday. The most boring working day anyone wouldn’t ever wanna go through, but it’s there. As Hyejoo puts on her service apron and gets ready for work, a shout from the front caught her attention. 

 

“Oli Oli Ravioli! Where’s that big soft wolfie??” A female voice called out. 

 

“Urgh..” Hyejoo hated that name-calling given to her by the manager. If an age-reversal day exists, the girl would be sure to give that older lady a huge smack on her head. Maybe even twice, depending on her mood. 

 

“Reporting here, manager.” A dead voice came out of the body as she looked at the manager with groggy eyes. 

 

“Great! You’ll be stationed at Tables 18 to 27 today. Try not to bill the customers wrongly.” With a pat on the back, the girl was sent to her duties. 

 

---

 

It was during afternoon break when a family with sound fame walked into the restaurant. Hyejoo with her apron already off since her break started half an hour ago, was shocked to still see customers walking into the restaurant. 

 

“Hyejoo, they are part of the royal family. Serve them nicely.” The manager was putting on such a plastic smile that Hyejoo had to laugh.  

 

“Sure?” 

 

Hyejoo wanted to hit the manager once more before a scream came from behind. Worried that the customers might be injured, she walked briskly up to them. 

 

“I SAID PINEAPPLES ON PIZZA!! I’M OLDER SO I SAY SO!” A girl in her mid-twenties was growling at her younger siblings, who were pointing sharp cutlery at her. 

 

“BUT I WANT MORE TOMATO SAUCE! SCREW PINEAPPLES!” The second oldest girl was this close to poking the older girl’s nose with a toothpick.

 

When it came to the youngest one, she just gave a blind eye to the both of them, stating that she doesn’t have a food preference at all. 

 

“Seriously Chaewon, you gotta grow up. I don’t even know how your nickname means moving on. Maybe that’s why you’re not so hung up on things.” JinSoul bickered at the girl, before scowling at Chuu for stealing her plate when the food arrived on the table. 

 

Quietly observing the family dynamics by the side, Hyejoo was chuckling at how minimal the youngest sibling was. 

 

“What a flair she has around her. I like it.” The thought silently crept up to the girl’s mind, before being swept aside when her colleague called her for help. 

 

Perhaps the wolf was being busy the entire time she was restocking on the items that she failed to notice a pair of eyes tightly clinging onto her. 

 

“Chae, what are you spacing out for? Quick grab your share before the glutton takes it all. Actually you know what, let her eat and have her become the fattest in the family. So heavy that she can actually beat Dad in the competition of weight.” JinSoul laughed before getting a side-slap from the second oldest sibling. 

 

“I dance the fats off, unlike you bookworm.” Chuu pulled out her tongue to annoy the girl when the mum of the family gave them each a glare. 

 

Returning to the table where the royal family sits, Hyejoo was quick to give them a bill after the parents signaled that they’re done eating. 

 

As she waited for each of the children to leave, a hand brushed past her. 

 

“Here, take it. Your tip.” The youngest sibling smiled benevolently at wolf-girl before joining the rest of her family at the cashier. 

 

“Huh? A piece of paper?” Hyejoo nonchalantly put it into the side pocket before moving in to clean up the dirty plates. 

 

When she was done doing so, she took the paper out and was surprised to see a number written on it. 

 

“Wait, does this mean..?” The girl suddenly turned robotic and screamed silently into her hands cupped onto her face. 

 

“Hyejoo, you okay?” The manager makes her way to the distressed girl and comforted her.

 

“Don’t worry, those customers probably ain’t coming here soon. You did well. Now enjoy the rest of the break before work resumes.” 

 

“Okay.” Hyejoo couldn’t wait for the day to end soon. She hates Mondays.