Clouds, sketches and a yellow hoodie

Random one shots I thought of during the day

What do you do when you have nothing to do? Do you find something to do? Do you wait for something to happen? Or do you savour the moment of total relaxation and nothingness? Sora liked to stare at the clouds, he would lay down on the soft green grass of his backyard and look at the sky, he would study the clouds and their shapes for hours until his mother or his sister called him inside.
Sora was the middle child of 3, he had an older brother Yuta who was a freshman at high school and his little sister Yuka who was in 3rd grade. Sora was in 6th grade and he was a cloud observer, his brother always by saying his head was stuck in the clouds, honestly Sora wouldn't mind if it was, at least that way he could study them better. He knew clouds were made from water that evaporated and due to the lower temperature in the sky it became a cloud but who said that clouds still couldn't taste like cotton candy or be soft like cotton or a pillow?
So after school Sora would lay on his backyard ad watch the clouds.
One day he got a text from his brother telling him to go home later than usual, that meant father was back. Now you see father wasn't really a bad man per see but he had a difficult personality and sometimes he and mom would start yelling at each other. Still his father would always lay down next to Sora and watch the clouds often pointing at shapes Sora hadn't noticed yet, they always had lots of fun. But father had to leave soon because he worked very far away. 
Sora decided to take a new route, one that passed by the small river of their town, there was grass near the river so Sora laid down and looked at the clouds. After a while he heard footsteps but paid no mind until he heard someone speak, it was a soft voice, it clearly belonged to a young person, turning his head he came face to face with a shy looking boy with shiny black hair, he couldn't see his eyes since the bangs covered them but somehow he knew they must be soft eyes, maybe blue or amber. The boy was wearing a bright yellow hoodie and black jeans, he had a sketchbook and a pencil case in his hands and said with a shy voice "Uh hello, sorry for interrupting but I usually come here to sketch, would you mind if I sat next to you?"
Sora nods and goes back to watching the clouds as the boy settles next to him and opens the sketchbook and starts to draw, the only sound being the pencil against the paper, after a while, curious Sora takes a discreet peek to see what the other drew, it was daily common things like a cat or a bird in a branch or fruit but for some reason it caught his attention "Have you tried sketching clouds?" He hears himself asking before he could stop himself, the other boy looks at his surprised not expecting the question, Sora himself was surprised but didn't show it "I asked if you have ever thought about drawing clouds " he repeats to the bewildered boy, the boy in question slowly shakes his head "No, I never thought of that but could be a nice source of inspiration." The boy says with a soft smile looking at Sora "Which one should I choose?" Sora is taken aback by the question, not expecting the boy to want his opinion, but being the cloud lover he was he cleared his throat and looked at the clouds once again before answering "There are many pretty clouds, are you sure you want to sketch them all?" The boy simply smiles more and nods "Yes, please tell me which ones you find prettier and describe them to me." And so Sora did. After a few hours  Sora gets a text from his brother saying it was safe to return home so he gets up "I have to go home." He tells the boy, he didn't know why but he he felt like he had to say it and looked at the boy waiting for something, what he wasn't entirely sure. The boy smiles once again and gets up as well "Thank you for the great ideas, I hope I can see you again." He says and rips a sketch from his book folding it and putting it in Sora's jean pocket "Open it when you get home." He says and walks away waving goodbye, confused Sora waves back before staring to walk home. Once he arrives he goes to the backyard and sits down looking at the clouds, he touches his jean pocket and takes the folded piece of paper out, he opens it to reveal a sketch of two boys in the grass in front of a river and many clouds above them, one of the boys was pointing at the clouds, Sora recognized them as the ones he had described to the boy. Sora smiles softly and folds the drawing back and puts it in his pocket, now he wouldn't feel sad if there were no clouds in the sky, he would always have the clouds drawn on that piece of paper.