Final

The Apartment

This is the day, the day that Jungkook has been waiting for. He is so excited and didn't get a chance to sleep last night. He was just there laying on his bed staring at the ceiling, waiting for the alarm that will tell him the day he's been waiting for has finally arrived.

Finally, Jeon Jungkook will come back to Seoul, South Korea! After 3 years, he will finally be home.

Jungkook left Korea for the one time opportunity that has given to him. He accepted the position of being one of the photographers of a magazine in New York City, thanks to his favorite Namjoon hyung for introducing him. If not because of him, Jungkook will never be the Jeon Jungkook now and he is thankful that Namjoon called him at the right time.

"Yeah hyung, I told you I can manage. I'm actually in front of my door right now. Yeah. I need to rest first. I'll call you later. Hmnn. Love you too." The call ended, finally giving him time to get his keys so he can open his door.

The last time Jungkook saw his apartment was 6 months after he bought it. He contacted his trusted neighbor and also his best friend Hoseok to call for someone who can clean it for him and Hoseok said the cleaner will be done by the time he will arrive. So he has no idea why someone is standing in the middle of this damn apartment.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" He asks, he noticed the man tensed making him nervous a bit too. His place is in a high-security building, there is no chance that someone who can break-in. He stops thinking when the man turns around to face him.

"Jungkookie."

"Jungkookie." Jimin has tears in his eyes that are ready to fall anytime, just one blink and they will run down his cheeks.

"What are you doing here?" The younger ask. Right, what is he doing here? Jimin has one reason, he wanted to see the younger again.

"I want to see you again, it's been a whi-"

"How did you know I am back... Hyung?" Jungkook asked dropping his hand-carry on the couch near him and push his luggage inside then he closed his door, not wanting to get some attention from his neighbor's.

"Jungko-" Jimin stop when the younger stare at him, no slightly glares at him. He is annoyed, knowing and being as his boyfriend for years he knows everything about Jungkook. He sigh.

"Before you get mad at everyone, I can assure you they didn't tell me voluntarily. Hoseok hyung, Tae and I went to have dinner at this restaurant the other day, I went to the restroom and when I came back they're talking about you. I didn't plan to listen, after what I did to you I don't deserve to know anything about you anymore but I was curious. So I listened." 




 

~flashback~

"Yeah, I already called someone to clean his apartment. I am planning to pick him up but I have to teach kids. Are you sure you can't pick Jungkook up from the airport?" Jimin stopped walking when he heard the name.

"Jungkook will come back?" He whispered.

"I'm sorry bibi but I have two shoots that day. What about Jin hyung or Yoongi hyun- oh wait nevermind I forgot their anniversary trip. Maybe Jungkook can manage alone? He is what 28? I'm sure your best friend is not dumb not to know his way. But wait, is he sure about staying there?"

"Tae... I also asked him but he said he doesn't have any place to go, you know he bought it for Jimin's birthday but he never had a chance to give him the keys. I can still clearly remember his exact word to me. [I'm sure Minnie will like this, he loves the view here.] Sadly, the proposal never happened."

"Yeah, I mean I push Jimin away for like a week because of it. That is his biggest mist-"

"Jungkook wanted to propose to me?!" The two jump in surprise when they heard his voice.

"J-jimin.."

[End]




 

"Kookie."

"Jungkook."

"What?"

"My name is Jungkook, not kookie." Jungkook's words hurt. It hurts Jimin so much.

"Jungkook. Why didn't you tell me? You should've told me."

"It will be useless, Jimin hyung." Jungkook whispered.

"Jungkook-"

"You already made up your mind even before I got the full ownership. You stop loving me even before I finished my whole plan. And knowing you, once you made your decision it's final. But it's fine now, I just want to have some rest Jimin hyung. Please. Please get out." His voice cracked a bit, but he doesn't mind it. Jungkook wants to be alone.

"Jungkook... I know I hurt you and I hate myself for doing that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Jimin said while taking steps closer to Jungkook. He stares at him, remembering how Jungkook looks like when he last saw him. The scar on his left cheek that Jimin will never forget. "He grew so much. My baby is a man now." He thought, a single tear finally drop. He instantly wipes it out before the younger noticed.

"Get some rest, your flight must tire you a lot. I'll... I w-will go now."

"H-hyung. Are you-"

"I'm fine! This is.. this uhmn tears of joy! Yeah, that! I'll go now koo-Jungkook! I'll see you around! B-bye!" Jimin said and left hurriedly, slamming the door on his way out. Jungkook remains in his place, his hands found its way to his chest area where his heart is.

" no. Behave please." 






 

"Jungkook-ah"

"Kook."

"Jungkookie~" Jungkook stretch and pull his blanket to cover his eyes from the sunlight coming from the big window.

"Come on wake up, breakfast is done!" He heard a very familiar voice. Jungkook woke up and move out of his bed and run to his kitchen.

There he is.

Park Jimin in his kitchen making his coffee.

Jimin turns around and saw him, he smiled. Jungkook almost close his eyes because it's blinding.

"Good morning! Breakfast is ready!"

"Hyung.." Jungkook mumbled he watch how Jimin walks to him and push him back in his room.

"Go wash your face and brush your teeth! I will be waiting." 


 

"What are you doing here? How did you get in?" Jungkook asked.

"Enjoy your breakfast fir-"

"Answer me."

"I have Hoseok hyungs spare key." Jimin focused on stirring his coffee. Jungkook sigh and eat his breakfast.

"Is it good?" Jimin asked the younger look at him and nods making the older smile again.

"Oh thank god."

"What do you need from me? Why are you doing this? Yesterday you told me you want to see me, what's your reason now? Don't you have some work-related thing?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't. I don't have any work right now." Jimin response surprised the younger. Why? How? What? He has a lot of questions in his mind. Jungkook was about to ask but Jimin talk first.

"And I am here to spend time with you. I mean... I want to spend time.."

"You can't. We can't. Hyung are you out of your min-"

"Then I will be your maid!"

"What the . No!"

"J-jungkook, please. Don't push me away."

"You pushed me away years ago. Why can't I do the same? That's unfair." Jungkook words hit directly on Jimin's heart. He bites his lips and looks down. He is about to talk but a doorbell stops him. Jungkook went to the door and opened it.


 

"Hyung!" Jimin watches how Jungkook excitedly hugs the man who welcomes him with open arms. The man started to play with the youngers hair. Another hit on Jimin's heart.

"How are you? I missed you! Why didn't yo-oh! You have a visitor?" The man asked. Jimin wanted to answer him "visitor? No er. I'm-" well what will he say?

"Ahhh..." Jimin knows Jungkook is trying to come up with an excuse, wow look at that it it's Jungkook who is now using dumb reasons. He smiled.

"I'm his neighbor! I just wanted to welcome him here. I will go now. It's nice meeting you Jungkook-ssi! Just ring my doorbell if you need anything. I will be going now....." Jimin said looking at the other guy.

"Namjoon. Kim Namjoon."

"I will be going now, Namjoon-ssi. Have a good day, both of you. Bye!" Jimin said opening the door wider so he can leave. When he did he tried so hard not to look back. When he heard the door close, he broke down.

"I'm too late." 




 

"Jungkook-ah?"

"Yes hyung?"

"Is that Jimin?" Jungkook stops washing the dishes when Namjoon asked.

"Yeah."

"Oh? You didn't tell me anything!"

"I'm sorry, he just appeared yesterday and today without any notice." Jungkook said continuing his task.

"So... Based on what he said "neighbor," I think you guys are still..."

"Hyung. Stop."

"But Jungkook it's been three years! Don't you miss him? You told me you are not even angry. He is here now, what's wrong?"

"He left me. He can do it again." Jungkook answered.

"We don't know about that. But I know what you feel. After all these years, you still love him. I am your best friend/cousin for a reason you know?" Namjoon said sipping on his coffee.

"But he told me hyung. That night... He told me he doesn't love me anymore."

"And you are dumb to believe that." 


 

Flashback 2.0

"Let's talk why?! What did I do that is making you leave me?! I told you to say No! I told you do not accept! Why?! What happened?!" Jungkook begs.

"Jungkook, let's stop this."

"But Jimi-."

"Jungkook."

"What's the real reason hyung? Answer me please." He begs Jimin only sighed.

"I accepted the job in Japan cause it's a big opportunity with a very high salary, Sungwoon hyung said It's the best if I will accept." Jimin said looking at the river in front of them.

"S-sungwoon? Your ex Sungwoon?!! Wait. Are you two back together?! You are with that assh-" Jungkook didn't get the chance to finish because Jimin slaps him.

"You will not call him like that! Also, do you think I will cheat on you?! You wanna ing now the reason?! Fine! First I got my DREAM job Jungkook, and I will not let that opportunity go without trying. Second, You know I am not into long-distance relationships. I can't do that. I know you will say let's try but I know I can't have a relationship like that, along the way we will hurt each other and broke up. And lastly, I'm tired Jungkook. I'm tired of understanding you. I'm tired of agreeing with you! I'm tired of you! For years! For years I waited for you! I waited for that day that you will finally think that photography can be a hobby but not a career! It's like you don't have a goal in life! I just... I started questioning how I feel for you... "

"You are tired of me being a loser."

"Jungkook-ah it's not like th-"

"What? I am right! I can't give you luxury things! I can't even give you a dinner date in a 5-star restaurant! Well, I'm sorry Jimin. I'm sorry that I didn't go to college because I followed you here in Seoul leaving my family behind who pays for my studies! I'm sorry that I didn't graduate because I lost my scholarship which the only ticket I have. I'm sorry I can't find a job that will help me grow with a salary that will be enough to pay our monthly bills. I'm sorry I am too confident that you will always accept and support me on everything like you always said. But don't... Don't degrade me because of my work, because photography helped me in a lot of ways." Jungkook said wiping his tears, no it's not. It is blood. Jimin gasped and tried to wipe the blood but Jungkook didn't let him.

"Jungkook... I'm... Let me.."

"When will you leave?" Jungkook asked instead of responding to the older.

"On Sunday.." Jimin answered. Jungkook only nods.

"Take care and good luck." Jungkook stood up, the older followed him and pulled him back for a hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for this, for everything I said. I'm sorry, Jungkook. I just want the best for us. For our future."

"Please don't say "us or our" cause I am not part of your future, you decide what best for "us" I didn't. Goodbye Jimin. Hyung."

[End]


 

"Why don't you answer me?" Jungkook stop touching his scar and look at his hyung.

"What is it?"

"Do you really believe the two of you don't deserve a second chance?" 






 

"Jimin!"

"Oh. Hoseok hyung, do you need something?"

"Nah. I just wanna ask if what time you will come to our year-end party?"

"Ah, the New Year's Eve party? Ah hyung, I don't think I am invited." Jimin said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Did Tae forgot to tell you? Jungkook is here yesterday, he asked if everyone will attend and you know we had to ask if it means "EVERYONE" he said it is fine. Plus, Jin hyung is the one who planned it, of course, you're invited." Hoseok said smiling.

"Does his boyfriend will be there?"

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah... Namjoon?" Jimin raised his eyebrow when Hoseok laughs at him.

"It's his cousin, I met him before Jungkook left Korea." Jimin look at Hoseok shocked with what he heard.

"Ah... Can you pick me up then?"

"Of course! Now let's go back to work! See yah later Jiminie!" Hoseok said and rushing to his dance room. Jimin sigh and smiled.

"What does that bunny boy have in is mind?" He asked himself before following his hyung.




 

"Finally! Why are you all late?" Jin asked the three.

"It's Jimin, not us hyung." Taehyung said pointing on his best friend.

"Whatever the party has started. Get your food and enjoy. Ah, Jimin! Jungkook said he needs to talk to you." Jin said with a little smirk and his best friend nudge him.

"Where is he?" Jimin asked.

"Balcony. That's where I last saw him."

"Thanks, hyung." 


 

"So. You want to talk huh?" Jimin said startling the younger. Jimin laughs a bit making the younger laugh too.

"I missed you laugh." Jimin said.

"I miss yours too."

"Jung-"

"Minn-"

"I'll go first okay?"

"Why is that?"

"I was born in Busan first." Jimin said and move closer to his ex. They both look at the eyes of each other.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I was so wrong. I thought what I am doing is the best but... It's not and I lost you. I went to Japan with a broken heart, I can't finish any task because I always think of you. What are you doing? Are you crying? Do you miss me? I always asked myself why? Weeks after my boss talked to me and gave me a warning, I called Yoongi hyung and asked him to yell at me. He told me to focus on my work and come back successful. For you. So I did, I tried my best but I didn't become successful, Jungkook." Jimin voice starts to crack and lets his tears appear.

"They were treating me so badly. They give me work that I am not supposed to be doing. I am a marketing manager but they treat me as an intern. I go to work at 8 am but go home at 10 pm or so because they will yell at me if I didn't finish my task. They gave me a huge salary, and a place to stay like promised but a year after... The boss asked me to do something I will never do." Jimin exhaled and look at the younger.

"They want me... To have a relationship with one of our biggest competitors and give them pieces of information that will ruin their company. I can't do that. I said I will not. When I said no, they fired me. I want to call you, I actually tried but I can't contact you anymore. I found out on Jin hyung you left Korea." Jimin cried Jungkook wipe his tears away.

"What happened to your old company?" He asked.

"Jin hyung told me to sue them but they're a big company so it's useless. So I came up with a plan when they gave me the last salary I left Japan but only after sending a letter to the competitor about my company's plan with all the proofs that I have. The last thing I heard they sued my old company. It was so scary, I was scared that my old company will find m-I was so scared. Jungkook." Jimin said leaning on Jungkook's touch.

"I'm sorry kookie. I'm sorry-" Jungkook kissed him on the lips.

"I'm sorry too. I'm proud of you. You're so brave. I'm sorry I am not there with you at that time." Jungkook said and pull the older for a hug. Jimin's face is buried in Jungkook's neck, inhaling the scent that always calms him.

"Don't say sorry. You became a professional photographer." Jimin whispered and tiptoed.

"I'm so proud of you, I heard things about you and saw your works with the help of TaeTae. I am happy you got your dream job." He said and plant small kisses all over the youngers face.

"Let's go to your place." Jungkook said smiling, enjoying the little kisses. He enjoys everything right now but he also knew they need to talk about what will be their next step.

"My place is smaller than yours. Plus we can't leave, Jin hyung will get mad at us."

"I said YOUR place, Jin hyung will understand." Jimin smiled when he understands what the younger is talking about.

"Ahhh. You mean OUR Apartment?" Jimin asked and the younger respond with a nod and a smile. His bunny smile, Jimin's favorite.

"Then let's go home. We need to talk about a lot of things." Jimin said already pulling Jungkook to leave the party. Jungkook stops in front of the gate. Jimin looks back at him.

"W-what?" Jimin nervously looks at him, what if started coming into his mind luckily Jungkook calmed him.

"I love you." Jungkook said with the stars in his eyes. Jimin sighs.

"I love you too." Jimin said hugging the love of his life.

Their friends are watching from the windows. Silently cheering for them, hoping that this time their favorite couple will have their happy ending.

In the end, Jimin and Jungkook watch different fireworks coloring the dark sky from their balcony. Jimin sighed and leaned back to the younger.

"Happy New Year hyung."

"Happy New Year Ggukie."

================================ 

 

And that's it! It feels good to be back! Thank you for everyone who support me and my books! I really appreciate each one of you. 

Now in 2020, I will try my best to finish all my drafts and published them one at a time. Please wait for it!

I hope 2020 will be a great year for all of us. Happiness, love, safety, peace and wealth for all of us.

Happy New Year fam! I hope you like my last-minute editing, I'm sorry if it is not perfect I will do better on the next works soon. 

Good night!

 

 

ms.chim1013